Humble Bundles

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

JetFred

Re: Humble Bundles

Post by JetFred »

Well, several weeks with no game bundles other than monthly, unless you count the same old 2K build-your-own in the store, which I don't.
I have but one advocate.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i blame IGN
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

hitbyambulance wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:48 pm i blame IGN
Yeah, that's what I'd say.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

And another week with no stand-alone bundle, which wouldn't be too unusual in a Steam sale week if it weren't for the weeks leading up with no bundles.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Holy cow, a bundle. And it’s a repeat console bundle. Thanks, IGN.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Okay, early unlock on Kingdom Come and Surviving Mars kind of makes up for it. But clearly they now consider the monthly subscription to be their primary game bundle. It's telling that I have no purchases between the July and August monthly bundles.
I have but one advocate.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Other than 3 words from hitbyambulance, this page is a conversation with myself, but anyway...

In other corporate lies, Humble just announced a temporary increase in discount for Humble Monthly subscribers from 10% off to 20% off. But that's misleading because they usually give you 10% off and an additional wallet credit (unless you donate it) for every purchase, and the "increase" to 20% off is instead of the credit back. So thanks for that.
I have but one advocate.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

After another month of forgetting to pause my subscription (really could have sworn I did, especially as I didn't get a discount on the 1 game I bought - $3.00 game using a $1.50 credit so not the end of the world), I asked for a refund this time.

They gave it and cancelled my sub for me. No more forgetting at least...

Might be more of an issue if they ever had games I want, but I'm too picky (not Jeff V level of picky, but too picky none the less).

Seems like Fanatical is the place to go for bundles these days (not that they have much I want, but more tempted there than here).

And this was only slightly inspired by JetFred and not wanting him to feel lonely in here. :greetings-waveyellow:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I remember when Fanatical was named Bundle Stars and they had better star deals.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Re Bundle Stars...yeah, after that initial phase of every single bundle being mostly Focus Home Interactive titles.
I have but one advocate.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Very Positive Bundle 3 has Nex Machina at the $5 middle tier - super great price
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

If someone wants to trade me a Steam gift for it, I'll buy it and give you Nex Machina, Rusty Lake Paradise, and Prison Architect. I'd only need maybe a couple of trailer or tuning packs for Euro Truck since they're on sale right now. That's an even better deal.
I have but one advocate.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

REMINDER: For those still subscribed, the next monthly release is this Friday. Pause now.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:20 pm REMINDER: For those still subscribed, the next monthly release is this Friday. Pause now.
is Kingdom Come: Deliverance any good?

and anyone know if Surviving Mars will come with any of the DLC?
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

I'm guessing from past experience that Humble will offer no DLC and instead put it on a weak discount in the store.
I have but one advocate.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Surviving Mars does not come with any DLC.

Both keys are available for those on the July sub. I redeemed them earlier this week.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Right, but that doesn't answer whether the full bundle would have more. I'd still say no.
I have but one advocate.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

seems like that would be the case. yeah, i'm iffy on this offering.. pausing.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

It's kind of annoying to find that Humble has given you a game that was released free on Twitch in previous months. Current example is The Adventure Pals.
I have but one advocate.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

it's only going to get more redundant. i got Moonlighters in a Humble Mohthly Bundle two months ago and it was free on Epic Games storefront last week. i'm not complainin, tho.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Endless Space Collection is free if you sign up for their newsletter.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

current Humble Builder Bundle has some nice titles in it
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Okay, so Humble is about to raise the price per game on Monthly for new subscribers, but leave current subscribers on a Classic plan that keeps you at your current price but adds more games. No clear word that I could see on whether you have to switch to one of the new prices once your yearly subscription runs out, or if you can stay on Classic indefinitely. They are also switching to revealing all games up front.
I have but one advocate.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

JetFred wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:29 pm Okay, so Humble is about to raise the price per game on Monthly for new subscribers, but leave current subscribers on a Classic plan that keeps you at your current price but adds more games. No clear word that I could see on whether you have to switch to one of the new prices once your yearly subscription runs out, or if you can stay on Classic indefinitely. They are also switching to revealing all games up front.
Thanks JF, where did you read/hear this?
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Thanks JF, where did you read/hear this?
Got an email, go here. Sorry, I'm bad about posting without links.
I have but one advocate.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

So no more pausing month-to-month?
Keep your subscription active when we switch to Humble Choice and it will be converted to the Classic plan. If you want to get the Classic plan you will need to ensure that you are currently an active subscriber of Humble Monthly prior to the launch of Humble Choice. If your subscription is paused when Humble Choice has launched you will still be converted over to the Classic plan. You can check your subscription status here (or check out this support article for help) to make sure you are an active subscriber or make the necessary adjustments to subscribe!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

I'd guess no on the pausing but didn't see it specifically stated one way or the other.

Very odd to me - if you are on classic, you get 10 games/month. Otherwise, the most you get is 9 games, even on their premium plan. No games for the lite 4.99/mo plan - just a 10% (instead of 20%) discount, access to their trove and limited for originals/betas. Their trove is nowhere near that great, nor is a 10% discount (imo). Unless you are going to spend more than $50 in that month.

$14.99 for 3 games, $19.99 for 9 games - and you get your choice of which to keep (it sounds like that's what "CHOICE" is). But then, you get choice for the classic plan with 10 games. So that seems odd, hard to figure out.

For me, I've only intentionally gotten 3-4 months of games. Fairly picky about what I really want and in every month, I could have just picked 3 games and have gotten what I wanted. For $3 more though, I wouldn't have gotten the last one. The only thing I got out of it I wanted was BattleTech:Flashpoint, and I only got it because I had a $3 off for the month coupon so I only paid $9 for the month. So I might not get quite as much out of this but I think I will like not having the mystery. Knowing there's something else I might want vs the mystery will make it much easier to decide.

Guess we'll see how it pans out.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:48 am So no more pausing month-to-month?
Keep your subscription active when we switch to Humble Choice and it will be converted to the Classic plan. If you want to get the Classic plan you will need to ensure that you are currently an active subscriber of Humble Monthly prior to the launch of Humble Choice. If your subscription is paused when Humble Choice has launched you will still be converted over to the Classic plan. You can check your subscription status here (or check out this support article for help) to make sure you are an active subscriber or make the necessary adjustments to subscribe!
From JetFred's link-
After we switch to Humble Choice, you only lose your Classic plan if you cancel.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:48 am So no more pausing month-to-month?
From JetFred's link-
After we switch to Humble Choice, you only lose your Classic plan if you cancel.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sonOFaTUCAnsam!!! I spent some cash today on food and now Humble has Metro for $20 ....%#^%$^ me I missed it by 1 day in the fall sale then I check all the time until last night and it was still not on sale so I used some of the $20 I was saving for Metro on some food and BAM it goes on sale today.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Patience. Food you need. Considering your recent comments about gaming, you probably wouldn't have enjoyed playing it anyway. Then you'd be thinking you should have bought food.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

my $5 Humble credit was set to expire at the end of the year, so i got Into the Breach for $2 and change - being a fan of the Front Mission games, it looks like my kinda thing
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

*edit* no takers
Last edited by JetFred on Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have but one advocate.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

FWIW, Battletech: Heavy Metal is down to 12.72 in Humble Store,
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:24 am FWIW, Battletech: Heavy Metal is down to 12.72 in Humble Store,
If you need more than just the Heavy Metal DLC, you might be better off buying the BattleTech: Mercenaries collection through their bundle option where you can get it up to 85% off.

If there are other games in the bundle you want, great. But even if there's nothing else you want, you can add the 4 cheapest games in there (Age of Wonders 1 and any 3 that show as $2.49 - such as Hearts of Iron 3, Crusader King Complete (this is the first one) and Sword of the Stars Complete) - this gets the bill down to $18.89 total for all the games.

BattleTech: Mercenaries collection is the base game plus the Season Pass (all 3 major DLC - Flashpoint, Urban Warfare and Heavy Metal). I just need the last 2 and am seriously considering it. Not sure if the base game is coming as a separate key. Guessing for the DLC, being the Season Pass, that is probably all 1 key.

BTW, if someone is interested in games other than BattleTech from this bundle and wants to work out a deal, let me know. Something like you would only have to pay for whatever games you wanted at whatever final discounted price they ended up being at (basically, you'd get 85% off) - or if you want to buy and get the other 4 games, I'd buy BT:Merc's collection from you for the discounted price (it gets all the way down to $13.50 just for BT:Merc's collection at that point) - and if the base game is a separate key, I really just want the season pass (really just Urban Warfare and Heavy Metal). Think it will be a while before I can beat that price.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Zenn7 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:07 am
Kasey Chang wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:24 am FWIW, Battletech: Heavy Metal is down to 12.72 in Humble Store,
If you need more than just the Heavy Metal DLC, you might be better off buying the BattleTech: Mercenaries collection through their bundle option where you can get it up to 85% off.

If there are other games in the bundle you want, great. But even if there's nothing else you want, you can add the 4 cheapest games in there (Age of Wonders 1 and any 3 that show as $2.49 - such as Hearts of Iron 3, Crusader King Complete (this is the first one) and Sword of the Stars Complete) - this gets the bill down to $18.89 total for all the games.

BattleTech: Mercenaries collection is the base game plus the Season Pass (all 3 major DLC - Flashpoint, Urban Warfare and Heavy Metal). I just need the last 2 and am seriously considering it. Not sure if the base game is coming as a separate key. Guessing for the DLC, being the Season Pass, that is probably all 1 key.

BTW, if someone is interested in games other than BattleTech from this bundle and wants to work out a deal, let me know. Something like you would only have to pay for whatever games you wanted at whatever final discounted price they ended up being at (basically, you'd get 85% off) - or if you want to buy and get the other 4 games, I'd buy BT:Merc's collection from you for the discounted price (it gets all the way down to $13.50 just for BT:Merc's collection at that point) - and if the base game is a separate key, I really just want the season pass (really just Urban Warfare and Heavy Metal). Think it will be a while before I can beat that price.
PM'd you to jump on bandwagon for Hearts of Iron IV - Cadet Edition.

If you decided not to buy the bundle, no worries.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Yeah, unfortunately I already have too many games in my backlog. :-P And next 12 weeks I'd be too busy to play anything else. In fact, I don't think I've played BT for weeks.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Archinerd wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:47 pm
Zenn7 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:07 am

PM'd you to jump on bandwagon for Hearts of Iron IV - Cadet Edition.

If you decided not to buy the bundle, no worries.
Gotcha Arch, waiting til Monday night to let the any others jump on (especially non-weekenders).
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

If anyone doesn't want AI War 2, I'd take it. But I have to confess I may never get around to playing it.
I have but one advocate.