I Cannot Start Spotify On My PC.

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Ezequielsmith

I Cannot Start Spotify On My PC.

Post by Ezequielsmith »

Hello friends. Due to some unknown issue, I cannot use Spotify. Just showing “Oops! something went wrong Spotify” error. Guys, I don’t know why this error is showing and how to fix this issue. Can anyone provide any suggestions? It will be greatly appreciated.

Assuming this is a bot. I contacted them via PM and have gotten no response. Submitted for removal. If you aren't a bot, contact me asap.
stessier

Re: I Cannot Start Spotify On My PC.

Post by stessier »

Enlarge Image
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

If you're a human, forgive us. We have come to expect new people popping up with an odd question to be bots.

Adamkrueger
Charlesmishler
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

If you're using some kind of anti-scripting such as Noscript, that can interfere with a site's function until you hunt down the script and enable it.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
stessier

Post by stessier »

Also, it truly might help to reboot if you haven't in a while. Maybe there is an update that needs to complete. Is it a Spotify app, or just the website?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Also, didn't you just solve this three days ago?

And again yesterday?

/edit - and registered on each of those sites - and this one - within a couple of days of each other in 2019, then never posted until now?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Good sleuthing. So, it looks like maybe it's a bot that is trying to drive traffic to a blog.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Some of you have egg on your faces...wash that off. :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Nah, It's good practice. Nine times out of 10, if I have a website issue, it's down to the scripts allowed on the page.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

There's nothing wrong with helping. It's always worthwhile, and you never know if someone with the real problem will end up here by googling the issue. For them, it's worth it to offer solutions.

I'm just a little too suspicious.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, I just felt like giving him the benefit of doubt. Sometimes we'll try to find multiple help sources. Just last month, I had asked a question here for instance, and was directed to ask it elsewhere, which would have required me to register an account to ask the question, and I would have appeared just like this person. It doesn't hurt to try to cover our bases. I've often asked the same questions over on GT just to see what kind of responses I'd get with a different set of posters, for instance. The results can vary quite a bit and offer more insight into the problems we face. And sometimes people register and just lurk until they feel compelled to post. Just food for thought from the other side of the coin.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I found the username and photo to be a little too sincere for reality, though motive was a bit hard to guess without the follow-up posts shown in Blackhawk's other examples.

But it's not inconceivable someone could find this subforum through a web search, and without poking around assume we're an active troubleshooting community similar to Tom's Hardware, etc. I've definitely created a new account and made drive-by troubleshooting requests like that on other sites before. Usually for more niche products and questions, though.

But when in doubt, assume they're a bot and mock them. If they're a human and can't handle it, they won't survive around here anyway. :wink:

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

If I have any doubt at all, I answer and help. But I also do a search on the exact content of their post and see what else pops up. I've made more than one account on more than one forum just to ask a single question over the years, and I've had questions I've asked in three or four different places (say here, Tom's, Anandtech, and Reddit) that was copy-pasted, sometimes with a word or two tweaked for certain places.) But I have found that bots tend to copy-paste every time.

The only reason I hesitated here was that the poster created accounts on three boards in December of 2019, left those accounts dormant until a few days ago, then popped up in all of them to ask the same question, and that two of them (including here) were posted after they claimed that they'd found the answer in one of the others, all on the same blog.

The process is:

Create accounts in advance so that they don't ring bells for instant drive-by posting. They probably have hundreds spaced out across time and the web.
Find a question that people ask, find the answer, put the answer on your blog.
Ask that question on some of the accounts.
Wait a day.
Respond to the question with the amazing answer you found, creating a link to your blog from multiple locations, thus giving you exposure and search 'legitimacy'.

Then probably GOTO 20 - find a new question, post the answer, activate a few new prepared accounts.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Oh, I missed the part about the blog. Yeah, I kind of agree in that sense.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Greetings fellow humans. I have just started a blog, and would like to know how to drive traffic to it.

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:58 am If I have any doubt at all, I answer and help. But I also do a search on the exact content of their post and see what else pops up. I've made more than one account on more than one forum just to ask a single question over the years, and I've had questions I've asked in three or four different places (say here, Tom's, Anandtech, and Reddit) that was copy-pasted, sometimes with a word or two tweaked for certain places.) But I have found that bots tend to copy-paste every time.

The only reason I hesitated here was that the poster created accounts on three boards in December of 2019, left those accounts dormant until a few days ago, then popped up in all of them to ask the same question, and that two of them (including here) were posted after they claimed that they'd found the answer in one of the others, all on the same blog.

The process is:

Create accounts in advance so that they don't ring bells for instant drive-by posting. They probably have hundreds spaced out across time and the web.
Find a question that people ask, find the answer, put the answer on your blog.
Ask that question on some of the accounts.
Wait a day.
Respond to the question with the amazing answer you found, creating a link to your blog from multiple locations, thus giving you exposure and search 'legitimacy'.

Then probably GOTO 20 - find a new question, post the answer, activate a few new prepared accounts.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
valentindu10

Post by valentindu10 »

I think I am a spammer.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Should we just stand back and watch the AI's converse?
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
ibraham7865

Post by ibraham7865 »

I don't know what is issue.