Speakers click when shut down or turn on.

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

UsulofDoom

Speakers click when shut down or turn on.

Post by UsulofDoom »

The past few weeks when I boot up or shutdown my speaker are making a clicking sound. It's not from the pc but the speakers. like 3 clicks.
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Kasey Chang

Re: Speakers click when shut down or turn on.

Post by Kasey Chang »

Hmmm... I never shut down my PC any more. So I wouldn't know. Not that I have any speakers. :D
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Same here. Ive haven't shut down a PC in 25 years.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Found the problem. It was PEBCAK.

Have a 10 port usb strip . Seems I enable the port for a adreno that was at the back of my monitor. Every time I powered up or down the ardruino was booting making the clicking sound. :doh:

I power down all my pcs when not in use. Have a dell laptop for work that is a Latitude D630 W10. Been using since 2011 every work day.
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

When I first got my PC in 94 I shut it down each night. A guy that knows computers told me its harder on the systems to get that thump of power on each boot than leave it running. So never shut one down again. I guess either way is fine as they always seems to be fine either way.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:10 am When I first got my PC in 94 I shut it down each night. A guy that knows computers told me its harder on the systems to get that thump of power on each boot than leave it running. So never shut one down again. I guess either way is fine as they always seems to be fine either way.
There was a time when there was some truth to that, but it hasn't been true for a long time. You could restart twice a day and a you'd still die of old age before it made a difference. These days the extra heat of leaving your PC on does more to reduce the lifespan than restarting it does. Plus shutting it down saves on your electric bill.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I have one power-strip switch that turns off basically everything in my office, so I shut down my PC every night. I just close my laptop lid and let it sleep through the night. The laptop sometimes goes 3-4 weeks before some update requires a restart.