Way to export or save Google Earth pins?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Way to export or save Google Earth pins?

Post by Daehawk »

Ive lost Google Earth twice over the many years. But I have a lot marked now that I marked or found with my wife when she was alive. Places she remembered and Id search until I found them. Or places we went or family locations from her childhood. I'd REALLY hate to lose them again. All those pins Ive set with names and locations. With my wife passed on Id never find them all or remember why they are pinned now.

I see a IMPORT thing under FILES but that does me no good unless I can export the setting or pins or whole thing somehow to reload later if GE messes up or gets upgraded.

This came to me while looking for her aunt's house which I used to have marked and had to find again. She has been gone many years now. We went a few times. One was even Thanksgiving. Our little dog at the time loved to play on a large flat rock in the front yard we called Timmy's Rock. I see its still there.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
gilraen

Re: Way to export or save Google Earth pins?

Post by gilraen »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dont know will check into as I get the time..ty.

EDIT: Didn't help. Could not find that dir and so I searched for the file it names and it doesn't even exist on the entire drive.

Found. Had to do it all by hand...the built in windows search of the drive found nothing on its own..doh. ty
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:45 pm Dont know will check into as I get the time..ty.

EDIT: Didn't help. Could not find that dir and so I searched for the file it names and it doesn't even exist on the entire drive.

Found. Had to do it all by hand...the built in windows search of the drive found nothing on its own..doh. ty
That's why you should use the vastly superior (and free) Everything utility for file searching instead.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke