The GTX 1660 Ti

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Dave Allen

The GTX 1660 Ti

Post by Dave Allen »

I've been running quite well for a few years with my GTX 760. But the current hype (and price) for the GTX 1660 Ti has me queued at Amazon for a MSI $279 version. I wonder how long the back-order will last? Has anyone else succumbed?
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
naednek

Re: The GTX 1660 Ti

Post by naednek »

I've looked at both the 1660 and the 2060, and figured the 2060 will be a better card in the long run for not much more. I was hoping the 1660 would be more comparable minus the RTX features, but it's not.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

naednek wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:40 pm I've looked at both the 1660 and the 2060, and figured the 2060 will be a better card in the long run for not much more. I was hoping the 1660 would be more comparable minus the RTX features, but it's not.
Yeah I made the same decision - I was also concerned the 1660 would struggle at 1440p or run at 100% with the fans spinning loudly. My current 970 is almost silent even when gaming and I'm willing to spend a little more to try to keep my system quiet.

Of course the 2060 I ordered is back ordered too - original delivery date was last Friday, now it's due next Monday :cry:
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

naednek wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:40 pm I've looked at both the 1660 and the 2060, and figured the 2060 will be a better card in the long run for not much more. I was hoping the 1660 would be more comparable minus the RTX features, but it's not.
I looked at the 2060, but I'm staying at 1080p, and it didn't justify the extra $110.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Yeah, I play primarily on a 1080p plasma tv so I am in no hurry to go beyond the 970/1060 tier of cards. I am still rocking my 970 and it does fine.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Zitterbacke

Post by Zitterbacke »

It looks like the 1660 Ti will be my next card, as long as I don't need a complete new rig till then, then I'd go 20xx.
Gaming? Nope, I'm into Bitwig.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I got my GTX 1660ti card yesterday. Today I am installing it.
I thought it might be a good time to upgrade to Windows 10, too, considering DX12 and its multi-core functionality.
Then I looked at a list of games that actually support DX12 (and upcoming games that will support it), and I was disappointed. It appears that very few games are being programmed for multi-core cpus. I wonder why.