GOP admits it can't touch Biden.

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Little Raven

GOP admits it can't touch Biden.

Post by Little Raven »

For now, anyway.
Republicans are struggling to land attacks against President Biden as they grapple with how to win back power in Washington next year.

Biden is proving to be an elusive cipher for Republicans to successfully message against nearly 100 days into his administration, keeping a relatively low profile and refusing to engage in the day-to-day verbal sparring that has consumed Washington in recent years.

It presents a challenge that, GOP senators acknowledge, they aren’t hitting the mark on.

“We need to get better at it. I don't think sometimes our messaging is as sharp as it should be because a lot of the things they're doing are things that are popular—when you’re spending money, you’re popular,” Sen. John Thune (S.D.), the No. 2 Senate Republican, said about Republicans’ success in defining Biden.

Asked how his party was doing, Sen. Mike Braun (R-Ind.) replied: “Poorly.”

“I don’t think we’ve done a very good job because he’s getting away with defining himself and rolling out this stuff that we’re borrowing every penny for it, and the public is buying it,” Braun said. “We’ve got to find ways to articulate and scuffle in a better way, and I don’t know that we’ve found that.”
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
Jaymann

Re: GOP admits it can't touch Biden.

Post by Jaymann »

They could take a stand to allow more refugees in.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Re: GOP admits it can't touch Biden.

Post by YellowKing »

I love how they're only concerned about debt when they're not in power.