For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: [America] Domestic violent extremism

Post by malchior »

Holman

Post by Holman »

I've seen that vid making the rounds, and people seem to think it's bear spray or some other weapon.

Not to downplay the horror of January 6 once bit, but that's a fire extinguisher. It's annoying and irritating, but it's basically non-toxic.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Holman wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:29 pm I've seen that vid making the rounds, and people seem to think it's bear spray or some other weapon.

Not to downplay the horror of January 6 once bit, but that's a fire extinguisher. It's annoying and irritating, but it's basically non-toxic.
Can't the same be said for bear spray?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Interesting report about the proliferation of hate propaganda was released, specifically some shocking info about NJ:
New Jersey went from 12 incidents of reported hate propaganda in 2017 to 323 incidents in 2020, according to the Anti-Defamation League, which released its report Wednesday.

Scott Richman, ADL regional director for the New York and New Jersey region, called the rise in the Garden State “truly shocking” and said it outpaced almost any other region of the country.

Across the U.S., the ADL reported 5,125 cases of hateful messages last year, which was nearly double the 2,724 cases reported in 2019. Every state except Hawaii reported some activity, with the highest levels reported in Texas, Washington, California and New Jersey.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

Holman wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:29 pm I've seen that vid making the rounds, and people seem to think it's bear spray or some other weapon.

Yeah clearly a fire extinguisher and likely was procured on site. It's a bandstand for VIPs. I'm sure they have them at periodic intervals. It was more interesting that these guys are portrayed by the right as 'non-violent' when they were spraying things at them, etc.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Alefroth wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:46 pm

I think the point of bear spray is that it's excruciatingly painful, not merely irritating.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

malchior wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:00 pm It was more interesting that these guys are portrayed by the right as 'non-violent' when they were spraying things at them, etc.
“I’m not shooting or throwing punches, therefore I’m non-violent” is the same tactic that we’ve seen used in defense of their racist comments or actions. “I’m not actively burning crosses or dropping n-bombs in public, therefore I’m not racist”.

As with most things in their binary world, its either the absolute extreme or it’s nothing at all.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

Alefroth wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:46 pm

And the sand on Tatooine.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Dallas Observer
From her tweets about heil-ing Hitler to her unabashed support of the alleged Kenosha shooter, Jenna Ryan sure knows how to agitate her social media followers. Last week, the embattled Frisco real estate broker again enraged many when she appeared to tweet that her blond hair and white skin amount to a get-out-of-jail-free card.
Although she faces four federal charges, including violent entry and disorderly conduct in a Capitol building, Ryan is certain she won’t serve any time.
But her Twitter followers really let her have it after Ryan replied to someone’s Oprah Winfrey GIF, which showed the talk show host pointing and exclaiming, “You goin’ to jail.”

In a reply, Ryan argued that her defense is airtight.

“Definitely not going to jail,” Ryan wrote. “Sorry I have blonde hair white skin a great job a great future and I'm not going to jail. Sorry to rain on your hater parade. I did nothing wrong.”

When the Observer called to ask Ryan what she meant by the tweet, she hung up on us.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Just one of the misunderstood Trump faithful.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Her blonde also comes from a bottle.
malchior

Post by malchior »

So there was an incident at Capitol minutes ago. Lots of different information but reporting says a car rammed a barricade, the attacker was shot and has been reported dead by some.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Worthless video attached to the tweet. A lot of law enforcement and media standing outside in the wind.
malchior

Post by malchior »

2:45 Press Conference with the Capitol Police. One commenter acidly noted that we still haven't had a briefing or report about the 1/6 incident.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Someone tried ramming a barrier? Maybe it was a good idea to keep them up?
malchior

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:38 pm Someone tried ramming a barrier? Maybe it was a good idea to keep them up?
You might enjoy this tweet then. Obviously this incident looks to be a one off and the older quote was more about Mitch doing his devil's work throwing 1/6 in the GOP memory hole. However, I love when people poke him in the eye.

malchior

Post by malchior »

Oh hell. One Capitol officer reported dead.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Briefing being held now. Suspect killed by officers. Two officers hit by the car ramming the barrier and one of them died. Suspect exited car with a knife in hand and ran towards police.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Never bring a knife...
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Suicide by cop?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

stessier wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:54 pm Suicide by cop?
Sounds like it. Or more accurately, murder-suicide.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

stessier wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:54 pm Suicide by cop?
It appears that way. I'll be unsurprised to hear this was not a well person but it highlights a reason why extremism is dangerous. Instability breeds instability.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Suspect info
NBC's Pete Williams reports that the suspect who rammed a vehicle into a barricade outside the U.S. Capitol is a 25 year old man from Indiana, Noah Green. Law enforcement officials say that his Facebook page says he is a follower of the Nation of Islam and posted about losing his job and looking for spiritual guidance.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

A lot of people are going to see "Nation of Islam" and read "ISIS," though they are two entirely distinct and unrelated extremisms.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Holman wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:10 pm A lot of people are going to see "Nation of Islam" and read "ISIS," though they are two entirely distinct and unrelated extremisms.
So are they going to be included in terrorist organization list?
malchior

Post by malchior »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:43 pm
Holman wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:10 pm A lot of people are going to see "Nation of Islam" and read "ISIS," though they are two entirely distinct and unrelated extremisms.
So are they going to be included in terrorist organization list?
The United States doesn't have a government designation for purely domestic terrorist organizations - hence the threat title fwiw. "Nation of Islam" is on several private watchlists like the Southern Poverty Law Center which does list them as such.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Things just got...interesting.

NEW: DOJ announces superseding indictment, including "charges of conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction," against suspects in alleged plot to kidnap Gov. Whitmer.
malchior

Post by malchior »

If you were listening to the right...which I do because I'm a glutton for pain...you'd think that every case the Feds are bringing was falling apart including every 1/6 prosecution. The right's rationale? People have won home confinement instead of jail pending trial at their habeas hearings. Therefore the cases must be collapsing.

Also every fog of war misstatement by the press is more evidence the media only speaks #fakenews. For example, the two jabronis who attacked Officer Sicknick didn't use bear spray (which they did have) but pepper spray. FAKEST NEWS EVER.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Fascist "Patriot Front" flash march late last night in Philadelphia.
The Patriot Front, a white supremacy group, marched through Philadelphia on the eve of July 4th. They arrived loaded in several Penske trucks. The group marched down the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, around City Hall, and through Old City. They met with opposition from bystanders.
Pics at link, including locals unwilling to put up with this shit.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I love that a police commander went on tv and made a point of saying these guys were chased out by the people of Philadelphia (Video here @ ~1:30)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Holman wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:28 am Fascist "Patriot Front" flash march late last night in Philadelphia.
The Patriot Front, a white supremacy group, marched through Philadelphia on the eve of July 4th. They arrived loaded in several Penske trucks. The group marched down the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, around City Hall, and through Old City. They met with opposition from bystanders.
Pics at link, including locals unwilling to put up with this shit.
I think the guy leading the pack in the second picture from your link went a little too hard on the lipstick.
Covfefe!
malchior

Post by malchior »

Cool. We have an ex-President openly fanning the flames of violence.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Daily Kos
ST. REGIS, Montana—The gathering of 200 or so people Saturday at this small timber town’s community park spent the day reveling in a familiar array of far-right conspiracy theories and disinformation: America is now under the control of a “communist coup,” Donald Trump was cheated out of the presidency, the COVID-19 pandemic is a “Deep State” operation intended to enslave the world, vaccines are “poison,” public schools indoctrinate children into Marxist beliefs, and the U.S. is not a democracy, but simply a republic.

But the Red Pill Festival, as its organizers dubbed the event, intended to draw likeminded conspiracists from around the region—including Idaho, Washington, and Oregon—wasn’t merely the usual gathering of dubious fringe characters. Mainstream Republican officials—including several currently serving lawmakers, as well as former Washington state legislator Matt Shea—were featured speakers, while the Mineral County GOP had a booth at the front of the event. It had the look and feel of a mainstream conservative Christian gathering—and given the radicalized state of the post-Trump Republican Party as an antidemocratic entity, that may have been the reality.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

malchior

Post by malchior »

One part mental illness and another American Taliban.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I really hope the FBI has figured out a reliable way to identify people like this guy, because if not...we're all in trouble.

What an absolutely disturbing story.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Meanwhile in LA. The Proud Boys are beating up people on the street and the LAPD sweep in ignoring the Proud Boys. The LAPD then released a statement naming Antifa. The police statement also mentioned a stabbing. The thread shows that it was captured in that clip and it was ... surprise surprise someone marching with the Proud Boys. We have big problems folks.

Edit: Another angle - fights breaking out between Antifa and the people 'gathered for the permitted event' was actually Proud Boys attacking members of the media.

malchior

Post by malchior »

There are unconfirmed accounts of a potential man with a bomb in his truck by Library of Congress.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:41 am I really hope the FBI has figured out a reliable way to identify people like this guy, because if not...we're all in trouble.

What an absolutely disturbing story.
There's not really much to be done to predict something like that aside from mental health screening. It's less a Qanon thing and more a guy crack and kills his kids thing. He believed they were reptilian, FFS. Or so he says. Thats as much David Icke as Qanon.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:48 am There are unconfirmed accounts of a potential man with a bomb in his truck by Library of Congress.

Hopefully the nanosecond they can confirm that there is no dead man's switch he takes a 6.5 creedmoor to the forehead.

MYT