Political Violence - Trump End Times ed.

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

noxiousdog

Re: Political Violence - Trump End Times ed.

Post by noxiousdog »

In addition, those folks are going to be attracted to the military when they are young.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Good grief

Capitol police Union: 140 officers injured in Jan. 6 mob attack.

Officers without helmets “sustained brain injuries. One officer has two cracked ribs and two smashed spinal discs. One officer is going to lose his eye and another was stabbed with a metal fence stake”
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yo cochise, you still like Florida Man?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Lawn Order!!!!!
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
malchior

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:25 pmGood grief
It's horrible. Worse the people who whipped up the mob are already working at exonerating themselves and each other instead of helping them.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Channel 3 crew threatened with arrest after asking Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene a question during town hall meeting
The Channel 3 crew informed the deputy that they were invited to the public event and also had credentials to be there. The deputy threatened to arrest the crew and charge them with criminal trespassing if they did not leave the property.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:59 pm Channel 3 crew threatened with arrest after asking Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene a question during town hall meeting
The Channel 3 crew informed the deputy that they were invited to the public event and also had credentials to be there. The deputy threatened to arrest the crew and charge them with criminal trespassing if they did not leave the property.
Talk about getting canceled.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Are they going to arrest her for her wanting to kill Democrats and promoting it?
malchior

Post by malchior »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:59 pm Channel 3 crew threatened with arrest after asking Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene a question during town hall meeting
That's clearly unconstitutional but this is America now. She is an abomination for many reasons but this is authoritarian stuff here folks. And the police should have known better or did and didn't care. Worse she got the type of headline she wants. "They threw out the #fakenews!"

Edit: Removed a reference to throwing out a citizen as well until I can find the tweet again since it isn't in the story linked story.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

malchior wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:10 am
That's clearly unconstitutional but this is America now. She is an abomination for many reasons but this is authoritarian stuff here folks. And the police should have known better or did and didn't care. Worse she got the type of headline she wants. "They threw out the #fakenews!"

Edit: Removed a reference to throwing out a citizen as well until I can find the tweet again since it isn't in the story linked story.
If it was a privite invite only even then it isn't unconstitutional at all. But yeah I agree she is an abomination.
FTE
malchior

Post by malchior »

Scraper wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:23 am
malchior wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:10 am

If it was a privite invite only even then it isn't unconstitutional at all. But yeah I agree she is an abomination.
The piece said they were invited ant it was a publicly announced town hall. It was limited to constituents and the reporter technically wasn't. Still I think that if they went with sticking "a private event" label on a town hall open to the public it would be a stretch at best. Better yet next time send a local reporter. But we live in authoritarian times. 10 years ago this wouldn't even be a thing.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Greene's office invited the media to the event, including Channel 3's crew which had credentials to attend. Once on property, members of the media were told they would not be permitted to speak to anyone attending or ask any questions.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The letter acting SecDef Miller sent on Jan 4 to break the normal Natl Guard response chain has been released. It sure as hell makes it look like a) they absolutely expected there would be problems on Jan 6, and b) they did absolutely everything they could to ensure there would be maximum chaos.

Every goddamn head needs to roll over this, but I doubt a single one ever will.

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

In his defense, that signature was forged by an 8-year-old.

Of course none of the ringleaders will suffer any consequences. They'll smack down a bunch of foot soldiers and consider justice done. The big fish are too big to fry.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Kraken wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:09 pm The big fish are too big to fry.
Then when they try again (and make no mistake, they will), it's not going to fail.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:16 pm
Kraken wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:09 pm The big fish are too big to fry.
Then when they try again (and make no mistake, they will), it's not going to fail.
Well sure. They earned enough XP to level up, so duh.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The remains of fallen officer Brian Sicknick -- killed in the January 6th terrorist attack -- arrive at the United States Capitol.

He will lie in honor throughout the night in the very building he spent over a decade protecting, and where he ultimately gave his life.
Surreal.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Greene should be representing the people not spouting her delusional ideas and stupidity for all to hear.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

The people who voted for her knew who she is. She's representing them.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Kraken wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:24 am The people who voted for her knew who she is. She's representing them.
Maybe? I know very little about my Representatives over the years and I pay attention to this stuff. I think most people just see (D) and (R) and vote accordingly.

I know there's the primaries and all, but I had no clue (if there was even a choice) during the representative primary.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:30 am
Kraken wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:24 am The people who voted for her knew who she is. She's representing them.
Maybe? I know very little about my Representatives over the years and I pay attention to this stuff. I think most people just see (D) and (R) and vote accordingly.

I know there's the primaries and all, but I had no clue (if there was even a choice) during the representative primary.
She's more notorious than most representatives and I'm pretty sure her brand of crazy was well-known during the campaign. If her constituents were oblivious, that's on them. I suppose the real proof will come if she's reelected in two years.

I agree that most voters don't dive deep into normal candidates' histories and beliefs.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Kraken wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:36 pm
noxiousdog wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:30 am

She's more notorious than most representatives and I'm pretty sure her brand of crazy was well-known during the campaign. If her constituents were oblivious, that's on them. I suppose the real proof will come if she's reelected in two years.

I agree that most voters don't dive deep into normal candidates' histories and beliefs.
Perhaps they didn't know what they were getting with her when they voted, but the do now. If they did care, I would think they would be protesting and calling for her immediate resignation/removal.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Even if her constituents are OK with it, it shouldn't mean the GOP should be OK with it. But Trump endorsed her so they are sitting on their hands.

McCarthy met with her last night about her conduct. Her behavior today indicates she won't back down. Today Hoyer announced he had a discussion with McCarthy and based on that discussion the Democrats have no choice but to bring a House-wide vote to strip Greene of her committee assignments.

In other words, McCarthy wouldn't act so the Democrats will. And the Republicans will grandstand about Democrats not working towards unity. :grund:
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

malchior wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:20 pm And the Republicans will grandstand about Democrats not working towards unity. :grund:
And try to do the same thing to Ilhan Omar-

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5370 ... airs-panel
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Even with all her other crazy quotes, I find this tweet from her this morning to be genuinely disturbing:

Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Wait, is she talking about Q or Trump?
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Cheetosus Qrist, maybe?
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

malchior wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:20 pm In other words, McCarthy wouldn't act so the Democrats will. And the Republicans will grandstand about Democrats not working towards unity. :grund:
Allowing the Democrats to force a vote on this is the last thing McCarthy should want. It means that a lot of republicans will essentially have to show their allegiances in public, further fracturing an already fractured party.

But hey, I'm fine with that. The GOP needs to be destroyed and then rebuilt by the saner folks. The Patriot Party can form, but when they fail to have any effective power without the full force of the GOP behind them, I suspect they'll fade into the background or join other fringe elements that fade away eventually.
He won. Period.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

My most whack-hole co-worker is saying today that if Majorie Taylor-Greene is removed form her committees then that is "immediate grounds for secession".
...now he's talking about strategies on how the 'real America' would fight the economic power of California.

If this nut job ever gets fired I need to quite before he comes in and tries to murder us all.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Archinerd wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:03 pmIf this nut job ever gets fired I need to quite before he comes in and tries to murder us all.
Just take the week off.

Or drop a not-so-subtle hint in the HR report box today that one of your co-workers is talking in alignment with domestic terrorists and it's concerning you quite a bit... then take a week off.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

My die hard trump coworker has dropped off facebook completely after the parler hosting incident, so I'm no longer privy to his insane and racist rants. I suspect he's just torturing family and friends with them now.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I wonder if Mr. Fed will get even more famous now?
The sources, a current law enforcement official and a former official who recently left the federal government, said using the RICO statute to charge people involved in the Capitol violence is being debated within the Justice Department, with no final decision made. The sources spoke on condition of anonymity.

The siege by supporters of former President Donald Trump left five dead including a police officer. It is not yet clear if cases arising from it meet “statutory elements” necessary for a RICO charge, the former federal official said.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:36 pm My die hard trump coworker has dropped off facebook completely after the parler hosting incident, so I'm no longer privy to his insane and racist rants. I suspect he's just torturing family and friends with them now.
Hmm... /wonders if it is time to go back to facebook yet...
malchior

Post by malchior »

hepcat wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:32 pm
malchior wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:20 pm In other words, McCarthy wouldn't act so the Democrats will. And the Republicans will grandstand about Democrats not working towards unity. :grund:
Allowing the Democrats to force a vote on this is the last thing McCarthy should want. It means that a lot of republicans will essentially have to show their allegiances in public, further fracturing an already fractured party.
I don't think it matters anymore. They *want to show their crazy allegiances* in public. The ship has sailed.
But hey, I'm fine with that. The GOP needs to be destroyed and then rebuilt by the saner folks. The Patriot Party can form, but when they fail to have any effective power without the full force of the GOP behind them, I suspect they'll fade into the background or join other fringe elements that fade away eventually.
The Patriot party stuff got shut down. Greene just got a standing ovation from half the caucus tonight. I guess you can say that is some evidence this fracturing is happening. But we will have to see.

On the other hand, it very well could be the opposite and the other half will get dragged along too. The crazies have taken over the party. The GOP has a reasonable chance of not fracturing and they could return to power sooner than we'd like.

Edit: The House Republican conference are now voting to *oust* Liz Cheney. Which failed. Still this is pretty crazy stuff from them right now.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I get that the donkeys want to extend an olive branch to the elephants, but the majority of them can't be trusted and are too slimy to deal with. There's a few they can work with...fine. The rest, they ought to be identifying lesser pachyderms and offer to clandestinely fund them in a primary challenge. More so, they need to discredit those belligerent elephants and maintain pressure, let their constituents know their interests aren't being served. There are issues other than the "guns, fuck yeah!" that motivates most of the deplorables...and remember, the goal isn't to replace elephantine incumbents with donkeys but to replace those who sold out to extremism with someone more moderate. Sadly. I don't believe the donkey leadership is up to the task of such complex social engineering needed for this to succeed.
Black Lives Matter
raydude

Post by raydude »

Jeff V wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:06 pm I get that the donkeys want to extend an olive branch to the elephants, but the majority of them can't be trusted and are too slimy to deal with. There's a few they can work with...fine. The rest, they ought to be identifying lesser pachyderms and offer to clandestinely fund them in a primary challenge. More so, they need to discredit those belligerent elephants and maintain pressure, let their constituents know their interests aren't being served. There are issues other than the "guns, fuck yeah!" that motivates most of the deplorables...and remember, the goal isn't to replace elephantine incumbents with donkeys but to replace those who sold out to extremism with someone more moderate. Sadly. I don't believe the donkey leadership is up to the task of such complex social engineering needed for this to succeed.
Case in point, Lindsey "I want you to use my words against me" Graham. This sound bite should be played over and over again to make the point clear. You cannot trust that man's word. Ever.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

raydude wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:03 pm
Jeff V wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:06 pm I get that the donkeys want to extend an olive branch to the elephants, but the majority of them can't be trusted and are too slimy to deal with. There's a few they can work with...fine. The rest, they ought to be identifying lesser pachyderms and offer to clandestinely fund them in a primary challenge. More so, they need to discredit those belligerent elephants and maintain pressure, let their constituents know their interests aren't being served. There are issues other than the "guns, fuck yeah!" that motivates most of the deplorables...and remember, the goal isn't to replace elephantine incumbents with donkeys but to replace those who sold out to extremism with someone more moderate. Sadly. I don't believe the donkey leadership is up to the task of such complex social engineering needed for this to succeed.
Case in point, Lindsey "I want you to use my words against me" Graham. This sound bite should be played over and over again to make the point clear. You cannot trust that man's word. Ever.
It was, trust me. No Republicans cared. And Jeff, there may be more important issues than guns to this contingent (not many, because that's a BIG one), but the problem is currently that that issue is "stiggin it to libruls" and they don't care if doing that hurts them in multiple ways. You can spit in their face, but if you are ALSO spitting in the face of Nancy Pelosi, you have their vote.

That one thing is KEY...the others are nice to haves.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NBC News
An "active shooter incident" occurred at the Allina Health Urgent Care – Buffalo Crossroads clinic in Buffalo, Minnesota, on Tuesday morning, Wright County officials said in a statement. A suspect believed to be the shooter was taken into custody, the statement said.

Police said the shooting occurred at about 11 a.m. at 755 Crossroads Campus Dr in Buffalo, about 42 miles northwest of Minneapolis, NBC affiliate KARE reported. Officers, deputies with the Wright County Sheriff's Office and SWAT teams responded to a report of gunfire at the clinic, the station reported.
According to its website, the urgent care facility provided Covid-19 testing and vaccinations.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Follow up from The Huffington Post:
At least 57 state and local Republican officials attended the Jan. 6 rally in Washington that turned into a deadly insurrection, according to an updated HuffPost tally. Almost all of them are resisting calls to resign.

They traveled from 27 states for the “Stop the Steal” demonstration near the White House. A couple of officials even gave speeches, warming up the crowd for then-President Donald Trump, who took the stage and regurgitated lies about the election results before instructing the “Make America Great Again” mob to march on the U.S. Capitol.
For historical note:
In most cases, the GOP officials have brushed aside calls to resign. “For a call to go out seeking my resignation is beyond the pale and reeks of cancel culture,” said Rob Socha, a city councilman in Hillsdale, Michigan. (Incidentally, at least four of the 57 GOP officials invoked “cancel culture” or being “canceled” while dismissing calls that they step down.)

All across the country, accountability feels hard to find, including in Washington itself, where a Senate impeachment trial against Trump for inciting the insurrection is all but assured to end in a party-line vote for acquittal. (Trump’s lawyers have also invoked “cancel culture” during the proceedings.)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:40 pm Follow up from The Huffington Post:
At least 57 state and local Republican officials attended the Jan. 6 rally in Washington that turned into a deadly insurrection, according to an updated HuffPost tally. Almost all of them are resisting calls to resign.

They traveled from 27 states for the “Stop the Steal” demonstration near the White House. A couple of officials even gave speeches, warming up the crowd for then-President Donald Trump, who took the stage and regurgitated lies about the election results before instructing the “Make America Great Again” mob to march on the U.S. Capitol.
For historical note:
In most cases, the GOP officials have brushed aside calls to resign. “For a call to go out seeking my resignation is beyond the pale and reeks of cancel culture,” said Rob Socha, a city councilman in Hillsdale, Michigan. (Incidentally, at least four of the 57 GOP officials invoked “cancel culture” or being “canceled” while dismissing calls that they step down.)

All across the country, accountability feels hard to find, including in Washington itself, where a Senate impeachment trial against Trump for inciting the insurrection is all but assured to end in a party-line vote for acquittal. (Trump’s lawyers have also invoked “cancel culture” during the proceedings.)
Accountability for what? They don't think they did anything wrong! They're patriots, FFS!