Election integrity and the transfer of power

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Octavious

Re: Election integrity and the transfer of power

Post by Octavious »

They just dropped a ton of votes. Dems back ahead in one and down only 3k in the other. Stupid cities cocking up the R's plans.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ossoff is worrying me. Still behind by 10,000.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:32 am Ossoff is worrying me. Still behind by 10,000.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:11 am
Had to get the election watchers out so they can get to the frauding. This is a real claim I've seen several times on Twitter tonight.
Seeing this one a lot as well. Along with “Funny how the Dem areas always take so much longer to report. They must be counting exactly how many votes they need to make up to win.”

Or...it could be that’s where the actual people live so there are more votes to count.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Zaxx....oh thank God. I didn't know about the absentee.
Or...it could be that’s where the actual people live so there are more votes to count.
People yes...lizard folk no.

Im so happy Loeffler is out. I hate her.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I'm starting to like 2021.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well lets see how ugly tomorrow gets. Now that they know that the Dems will have everything they will be even more desperate.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Right on cue.

Looks like they are setting up a big “voter dump” against the Republican candidates. Waiting to see how many votes they need?
Glad I’m not in DC...tomorrow’s gonna be really ugly.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I wish Twitter would ban him. All he does is spout hate and incite violence and stupidity.

Also I would like media to ignore the GOP totally. And if they do cover them call them what they are ...liars. Not incorrect. Not false information. LIES.
Last edited by Daehawk on Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:48 am Right on cue.

Looks like they are setting up a big “voter dump” against the Republican candidates. Waiting to see how many votes they need?
Glad I’m not in DC...tomorrow’s gonna be really ugly.
It'd be funny if they needed 11,780.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I've seen enough. Jon Ossoff (D) defeats Sen. David Perdue (R) in GA's other Senate runoff. #GASEN

Democrats win control of the Senate.
:shock: :shock:
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya it's over. It looks like they may have stopped posting for the night. With how important this is they couldn't just pull an all nighter? It just gives more ammo to the idiot. :P

Kurth

Post by Kurth »

The Warnock and Ossoff wins in GA surprise the hell out of me. I think that's the first time in a very long time that I've been surprised in a good way!

It's hard to believe the Turtle is going to get shoved back into his shell. As much as I'm happy to see Ossoff and Warnock win (although, honestly, I don't know all that much about either one of them), I'm even happier to see Mitch McConnel lose power. I despise that guy, and the fact that he's going to be relegated to a lesser position really gets 2021 off to a good start for me! :D
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Blame everything, but especially Trump.
As I type, the Republicans look like they are going to lose the Georgia races, both of them. Congratulations to Joe Manchin, the moderate Dem of West Virginia, who would then be the most powerful senator. Congratulations to Stephen Breyer, the associate Supreme Court justice who would be promptly informed by the incoming White House that he is 82 years old and can be replaced, hopefully before another octogenarian Democrat dies in the world’s greatest deliberative body.

Blame the GOP candidates. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue were bad candidates, though Loeffler was much, much worse. To my eyes, it seemed as if Loeffler barely understood — let alone believed in — the content of her attack lines on Raphael Warnock.

Blame Governor Brian Kemp: Why did he choose Loeffler to fill the seat? She’s a great fundraiser, but there was no evidence of talent for electoral politics.

Blame Donald Trump: This is the third election in which Donald Trump has made himself the sole focus of a campaign, and the third election that Democrats won new voters and had fantastic turnout: 2018, 2020, and now 2021. Instead of the races being about control of the Senate, Trump made the election about himself and his baseless claims of voter fraud. By indulging these claims, Loeffler and Perdue were put into a civil war with their governor and other elected Republicans in Georgia. They also gave more reasons for Democrats to turn out.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:31 am
Anyone who believes this is insane. First it was China and Iran and Venezuela and NK, then servers in Spain and Germany, now Italy? When a story keeps shifting, that's a sign the conspiracy theory is falling a part. The thing is, millions of people will believe this. The Republican Party is now Idiocracy Party. My hope at this point is that the Trumpers decide to take their marbles and go home, or the party splits or becomes ineffective, so at some point, some reasonable, rational intelligent conservatives lead them out of the desert. But first they are going to have to find those people.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Any early indication of whether the calls from the Lin Wood's of the world for Republicans to boycott the GA runoff election has any noticeable impact?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well since it looks like they lost both seats I would say it certainly didn't help. I would think the F'N POTUS saying that elections are rigged probably had more of an impact. Their boss is out the door and they are back to not giving a shit. Hopefully they stay that way. :P

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

When will Warnock and presumably Ossoff be seated?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I learned my lesson on November 3, and didn't look at any results until the polls were closed for 4 hours. 2021 starts off with a bang! :dance: Now I can't wait to see the Cruz/Hawley/Pence shit show tomorrow. Let 'em postpone the inevitable for a couple days. IT'S OVER! And adios to Moscow Mitch!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Enough

Post by Enough »

Ossoff has moved into the lead! :horse: Decision Desk has called both races and projects the Dems will control the Senate. :ninja:

I will not count those chickens yet, but already seeing Georgia elect it's first black senator (and the second in the south since Reconstruction) is such a stunning moment of history to drink in, and if Ossoff follows, just wow.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Grifman wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:49 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:31 am
Anyone who believes this is insane. First it was China and Iran and Venezuela and NK, then servers in Spain and Germany, now Italy? When a story keeps shifting, that's a sign the conspiracy theory is falling a part. The thing is, millions of people will believe this. The Republican Party is now Idiocracy Party. My hope at this point is that the Trumpers decide to take their marbles and go home, or the party splits or becomes ineffective, so at some point, some reasonable, rational intelligent conservatives lead them out of the desert. But first they are going to have to find those people.
Not only do they have to find them, they have to be willing to join the Righteous Wing of the GOP that stands for conservative principles. All the while being attacked not just by their traditional enemies, the democrats, but also fending off the alt-right/trumpanzees.
I hope they have a good dental plan bc I'm not seeing much else there to entice a right thinking conservative to wade into that mess.
I mean I have no doubt some will, most will be found lacking, but they're going to need another Reagan-esque figure to patch them back together. Or another trump style clown show MC could do it probably better, but the good news is trump is unique in many ways and I think they have trouble finding another one who can go all in like trump, and not crack under the absurdity of it. trump has no bottom. Most ppl do
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Not to be a downer after the two GA senate races, but the Republican coup attempt is spreading further down ballot.

The local Republican Party here is claiming election fraud after losing two county commission races to the Democrat incumbents, in a majority Democrat county.

They have no evidence. But they are making the same claims their Dear Leader is making.
Two unsuccessful GOP candidates for St. Lucie County Board of County Commission seats, Christopher Thompson and Ryan Edward Collins, and the local Republican Party on Nov. 27 filed a lawsuit against St. Lucie County Supervisor of Elections Gertrude Walker alleging flawed ballot counting, blank ballots mailed to deceased individuals, and a lack of scrutiny of mail-in ballots for accuracy by Walker’s office.1

No evidence was submitted as part of the complaint, nor is any evidence part of the public court record to date.2

The 19-page complaint filed in the 19th Judicial Circuit Court states both candidates lost the election due to the large influx of mail-in ballots.3 The claims made are comparable to those made by President Donald Trump who also sued several jurisdictions claiming mail vote fraud; his claims were dismissed in court. 4

Voters in record numbers across the country mailed in ballots because of the COVID-19 pandemic
malchior

Post by malchior »

The video here is... oh man...

malchior

Post by malchior »

Meanwhile in Pennsylvania, the opening of their legislative session was 'chaotic'. Another account at WaPo.

In essence, the Republicans ignored an election result that the PA Supreme Court ruled on and would not seat a Democratic State Senator.
The Inquirer wrote: The new session of the Pennsylvania Senate got off to a chaotic start Tuesday, with Republicans refusing to seat a Democratic senator whose election victory has been certified by state officials.

Amid high emotions and partisan finger-pointing, Republicans also took the rare step of removing the Democratic lieutenant governor, John Fetterman, from presiding over the session. They apparently did so because they did not believe Fetterman was following the rules and recognizing their legislative motions.

Democrats, in turn, responded by refusing to back Sen. Jake Corman (R., Centre) from assuming the chamber’s top leadership position — an unusual maneuver on what is most often a largely ceremonial and bipartisan vote.
WaPo wrote:In an interview, Lt. Gov. John Fetterman (D) accused Republicans of “raw partisanship,” drawing a “straight line” between their actions and broader GOP resistance to certifying the election of President-elect Joe Biden.

“This idea that one’s party is allowed to pick the winner, despite evidence to the contrary, is toxic and corrosive, and that is what you saw play out on the floor of the Senate today,” he said.

Brewster edged out his Republican opponent Nicole Ziccarelli by 69 votes, and Ziccarelli is urging a federal court to discount about 300 mail ballots from Allegheny County without handwritten dates on their envelopes. State law requires the dates, and Republicans note that many counties did not include such ballots in their tallies. But the Pennsylvania Supreme Court has allowed the disputed Allegheny County votes to be counted.

Republicans say they are justified in delaying Brewster’s seating while “ensuring … properly elected representation,” as Sen. Jake Corman, the president pro tempore, said in a statement. Corman said Pennsylvania’s secretary of state should have made sure voters were treated equally across counties before certifying election results.

“While we work to resolve this issue expeditiously we … are confident a brief delay in filling the seat for the 45th Senate District will not affect the balance of power in the Senate,” he said, adding that constituents “will continue to receive assistance with their state-related issues.”

Democrats say lawmakers have exceeded their authority in interfering with a certified race. Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf (D) called the refusal to seat Brewster “a disgrace to democracy.”
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

We're seeing how much they truly value The Constitution and law and order.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Woke up to the good news of Democrats having won one race and are leading in the other after avoiding the news yesterday.

Thank you, Stacey Abrams, regardless of the result

(Maybe we also need to thank Trump, too)
Last edited by Defiant on Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Countdown to Biden inauguration as President:

14 DAYS

Agolf was so tired of winning that he "campaigned" for Senator Laugh-ler and Senator Perdition in GA to assure they would lose. Now we get to watch Pence squirm and melt down with his "gut wrenching" cuckoo coup attempt.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The temper tantrums today are certainly going to be something.

Stay safe, y'all.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

So, who would vote for Warnock, but not cast their vote for both???

My guess is it was done in ignorance. Like some people didn’t realize they could ?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Unagi wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:07 am So, who would vote for Warnock, but not cast their vote for both???

My guess is it was done in ignorance. Like some people didn’t realize they could ?
Well he is a black man in Georgia who ran against the epitome of a white, privileged berk with racist ties.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Unagi wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:07 am So, who would vote for Warnock, but not cast their vote for both???

I am sure the correct answers are much more involved than simply ignorance.
Hodor.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Today I'm proud to be from Georgia!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He won. Period.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Good thing I'm not a stock broker. Market is fine so far today. :lol: I really need to get some work done today so I'm going to try my best to not read the news nonstop. I have a feeling I will fail. :lol:

stessier

Post by stessier »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:24 am

I am sure the correct answers are much more involved than simply ignorance.
If the GA electorate is anything like what I witnessed in SC, I would bet my a lot that a significant percentage were unaware they could vote for both.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

The vote totals of the two races were less than 100 votes apart. While it's possible that single election voters split roughly equally between the two races, I don't think it's very likely to have been the bulk of the discrepancy between the two races.

I think there could have been moderates/independents who don't like both sides and decided to split their votes. Or it could be sexism or racism or name recognition, etc.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Perdue is probably a better candidate than Loeffler, as well. Perdue has won statewide before, whereas Loeffler has not. Wouldn't be shocking if at least a few people responded to Perdue's pitch than didn't respond to Loeffler.

Likely not enough to save Perdue, though.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

One note is that since Warnock won a special election, he'll need to run again in 2022. Whereas Ossoff (assuming he holds on) will serve until 2026.
Black Lives Matter.