Election integrity and the transfer of power

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: Election integrity and the transfer of power

Post by Smoove_B »

Anyone else following what's happening in PA? How are these clowns not being clubbed?

Republican majority of the Pennsylvania State Senate just removed @JohnFetterman from the chamber. President Pro Temp Corman is presiding instead. Fetterman refused to recognize a motion that would have prevented a duly elected Democratic senator from being sworn in.

Jake Corman is sworn in as President Pro Temp of the Pennsylvania State Senate after kicking out of the chamber the President of the Senate Lt. Gov. Fetterman and refusing to seat Jim Brewster who won his elections. "Quite a first day," he jokes.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya tomorrow is going to be super fun. Apparently we're just full on nuke the system mode now. I would hope they will get a savage beating for doing this, but I'm sure nothing will happen.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

It's crazy to realize (again) how much our system worked because everyone agreed upon the rules and norms.

When one side decides those simply don't matter any more, it's inevitable that chaos will ensue.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I didn't think this way 6 months ago, but now I do: unless we squash this crap with extreme prejudice and enact punitive measures afterwards, it's only going to get worse. This is one of those rare occurrences in which "spare the rod, spoil the child" is correct.

...well...other than when I was a kid. I really did deserve it.
He won. Period.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:40 am I'm not sure that would qualify as "shak[ing] up the whole world". Maybe I'm reading too much into it (and God knows Trump's bluster is often toothless), but it reads to me like some sort of military intervention. Perhaps it's not coincidental that those 10 Secretaries of Defense released their op-ed the same day the call came out.
Mitchell: Mr. Secretary, Mr. President, one of the things that we have been, Alex can talk about this, we talked about it, and I don’t know whether the information has been conveyed to your office, but I think what the president is saying, and what we’ve been trying to do is to say, look, the court is not acting on our petition. They haven’t even assigned a judge. But the people of Georgia and the people of America have a right to know the answers. And you have data and records that we don’t have access to.

And you can keep telling us and making public statement that you investigated this and nothing to see here. But we don’t know about that. All we know is what you tell us. What I don’t understand is why wouldn’t it be in everyone’s best interest to try to get to the bottom, compare the numbers, you know, if you say, because . . . to try to be able to get to the truth because we don’t have any way of confirming what you’re telling us. You tell us that you had an investigation at the State Farm Arena. I don’t have any report. I’ve never seen a report of investigation. I don’t know that is. I’ve been pretty involved in this, and I don’t know. And that’s just one of 25 categories. And it doesn’t even. And as I, as the president said, we haven’t even gotten into the Dominion issue. That’s not part of our case. It’s not part of, we just didn’t feel as though we had any to be able to develop —

Trump: No, we do have a way, but I don’t want to get into it. We found a way . . . excuse me, but we don’t need it because we’re only down 11,000 votes, so we don’t even need it. I personally think they’re corrupt as hell. But we don’t need that. All we have to do, Cleta, is find 11,000-plus votes. So we don’t need that. I’m not looking to shake up the whole world. We won Georgia easily. We won it by hundreds of thousands of votes. But if you go by basic, simple numbers, we won it easily, easily. So we’re not giving Dominion a pass on the record. We don’t need Dominion because we have so many other votes that we don’t need to prove it any more than we already have.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

stessier wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:21 am I have to agree with Kurth - which was not my original plan when I went to read the transcript. Trump said "Here are issues A, B, C, and D. We need 11,800 votes. Pick one to investigate and it will be enough to get us over the top."
Shouldn't he just say "Here are issues A, B, C, and D. Investigate these." Mentioning how many he needs to get over the top is the shady part.

Nevermind that A, B, C, and D have already been investigated and settled. Trump wants different results.
Last edited by Alefroth on Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:15 pm
stessier wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:21 am I have to agree with Kurth - which was not my original plan when I went to read the transcript. Trump said "Here are issues A, B, C, and D. We need 11,800 votes. Pick one to investigate and it will be enough to get us over the top."
Shouldn't he just say "Here are issues A, B, C, and D. Investigate these." Mentioning how many he needs to get over the top is the shady part.
I mean, that would be the cautious approach.

He kept mentioning the number in context of the numbers for A, B, C, & D, though. So like A gets him 52,000. B gets him 150k. And the Georgia officials would come back and say his numbers are wrong. And his people would say "So you say, let us have access to the files you have so we can see for ourselves." And Georgia would say they were not legally allowed to do so. And Trump would say "we only need 11,800 - any of these instances nets us more than that. Pick one and well get more than that. All we need is for you to find more than 11,800." Which sounds bad out of context, but in reading his ramblings, it wasn't obviously asking for fraud.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Some early results in Georgia from stupid counties.

Catoosa Loeffler 42%, Warnock 7%
Dade Loeffler 43%, Warnock 6%
Murray Loeffler 42%, Warnock 5%
Walker Loeffler 42%, Warnock 7%
Whitfield Loeffler 36%, Warnock 10%

Dont know how so many people can be so stupid and evil.

Heres some voter views on why they voted the way they have.

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/43131061/v ... te-runoffs
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:20 pm Some early results in Georgia from stupid counties.

Where are you getting that? Georgia hasn't reported any results yet, as most of the polls are open until 7pm.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Yeah, there are no results yet.

In other news, an actual coup happened today.

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:20 pm Some early results in Georgia from stupid counties.

If these are exit polls, they are probably (at least at this point) just from people voting in person today. I would suspect that would heavily skew towards the GOP candidates.
Black Lives Matter
Enough

Post by Enough »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:42 pm Yeah, there are no results yet.

Truth, this shit is freaking unreal. I hope everyone who supported that regrets it for the rest of their lives.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Holman

Post by Holman »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:44 pm

If these are exit polls, they are probably (at least at this point) just from people voting in person today. I would suspect that would heavily skew towards the GOP candidates.
Those are also counties from extremely Red NW Georgia.

Maybe it's local news exit polling, since Daehawk is just over the border in Chattanooga, right? But I don't know why the numbers add up to below 50%.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I hate the PA GOP with the fire of a thousand suns, but at least it's still likely that Brewster (the Dem) will be seated eventually. His opponent has challenged the results, and the courts will weigh in soon.

I've seen uninformed Twitter chatter that the GOP opponent was seated in his place, but that did not happen.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:03 pm

I hate the PA GOP with the fire of a thousand suns, but at least it's still likely that Brewster (the Dem) will be seated eventually. His opponent has challenged the results, and the courts will weigh in soon.

I've seen uninformed Twitter chatter that the GOP opponent was seated in his place, but that did not happen.
The Ryan Cooper tweet above says that the PA Supreme Court 'confirmed' the Democrat's victory. Is that not true? Or is the Republican now going to federal court and/or hoping for SCOTUS review?
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:05 pm
Holman wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:03 pm

The Ryan Cooper tweet above says that the PA Supreme Court 'confirmed' the Democrat's victory. Is that not true? Or is the Republican now going to federal court and/or hoping for SCOTUS review?
I think the current state of play is that the state Senate is conducting its own review of a later challenge by the opponent (who says mail-in ballots shouldn't be valid without a written date on them, something something). If the senate rules against Brewster, I believe he can challenge THAT in the state Supreme Court (which will rule in his favor as it did before).
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Holman wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:25 pm

Where are you getting that? Georgia hasn't reported any results yet, as most of the polls are open until 7pm.
Whoops that was November. The local station has reporters at the sites and one was saying 47% for the crazy woman and when I saw the other post I copied it without looking at the date.

Maybe the reporter was going by after voting polls or interviews.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Fifty-six-year-old Will James of Fulton County said he didn't like that David Perdue and Sen. Kelly Loeffler were backing President Donald Trump's attempt to overturn November's presidential election. But he says it didn't affect his vote. He says he's backing Republicans because he doesn't want Democrats to have full control of the government.
Ya because God forbid anything good actually gets done because your team cant foul everyone.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok...with 1% in reporting....

GA - U.S. Senate

1% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING
Jon Ossoff (D) 1,419 54%
David Perdue (R) 1,206 46%

GA - U.S. Senate Unexpired term

Raphael Warnock (D) 1,228 64%
Kelly Loeffler (R / Inc.) 700 36%
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Numbers changed while I watched..ugh..

GA - U.S. Senate

David Perdue (R) 4,859 55%
Jon Ossoff (D) 3,976 45%

GA - U.S. Senate Unexpired term

Kelly Loeffler (R / Inc.) 4,854 55%
Raphael Warnock (D) 3,978 45%
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

According to Trump we can wait for an arbitrary point at which the Ds are ahead and halt counting to declare victory, right?
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

That would be now. Democrats are absolutely crushing it with 10% reporting. :P
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Little Raven wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:38 pm That would be now. Democrats are absolutely crushing it with 10% reporting. :P
Also with 12%.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Perdue takes the lead at 14%!
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Fulton County apparently had ~450,000 people vote this time around, which is pretty good for a runoff but well shy of the 528,000 people that voted in November.

Given that this race is going to be all about turnout, I hope that's not a bad sign for the Dems. :?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Uh, no.

Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Beauts.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You can check it here for my local station. Theres a good map if you scroll down. Right above the map are clickable hotlinks to change the runoff between the two different races.

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/43131171/d ... enate-seat

EDIT: Oh I see that site above has the same thing.
Last edited by Daehawk on Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

It’s all urban reporting.
Rural is still not in that data , from what I’ve seen.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Twitter is reporting that Republican turnout is down sharply in deep red counties. Take it with a grain of salt, but excellent news if true.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im so glad this board is like it is. If it was a Trump board I dont know what Id do after all these years here.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Both democrats with VERY comfortable leads at ~41% reporting.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Little Raven wrote:Both democrats with VERY comfortable leads at ~41% reporting.
This is nice news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

So wary of getting my hopes up, but that is looking good.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

I read that these numbers are skewed somewhat due to early voting which is thought to have favored Democrats. Potential reverse of the Biden "Blue Wave" last November. Hope not.
11 min ago
94% of the vote we are seeing so far is from early voting, says CNN's David Chalian
From CNN's Allison Gordon

CNN's political director David Chalian explained that 94% of the vote that we are seeing so far is from the early vote. He also reminded viewers that early voting tends to favor Democrats, and is subject to change as more results roll in.

Early voting, Chalian explained, includes both early in-person voting and absentee mail-voting, both of which are “happening a lot more because of the pandemic.”

President Trump has been an outspoken critic of absentee ballots, and that may have pushed some Republicans to vote in person instead. “That depressed Republicans from using that method of voting,” Chalian said.

Meanwhile, “we see more Democrats voting early, voting by mail, and right now that’s making up the bulk of the vote in Georgia. That’s why you see that inflated lead for Democrats,” Chalian explained.

But as the night goes on, this lead could shift in the GOP's favor. “Election day results tend to favor Republicans," Chalian said. As a result, he concluded, “we’ll see the race get a lot closer."
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yup, the numbers are starting to rise now for the republicans, as expected. I have a feeling this will be closer than we’d like.
He won. Period.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Now that LR jinxed it... :horse:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:54 pm Yup, the numbers are starting to rise now for the republicans, as expected. I have a feeling this will be closer than we’d like.
Yep, that lead is shrinking too fast.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Don’t let it bother you too much. If the Dems lose, all they need to do is declare election fraud and insist they won.
He won. Period.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Woo boy. It certainly has tightened. Both races within a point at 61% reporting. :shock: