Election integrity and the transfer of power

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Re: Election integrity and the transfer of power

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

malchior wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:59 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:16 pm I don’t know who this Herschmann is, but he’s a national fucking hero as far as I’m concerned (no idea what his potentially sordid role was in the admin, but I’m specifically referring to his standing up to the madness of King Don and his minions. Aka the Joker and his Arkham enablers. )
Of course he does, he probably was the guy feeding out the story. IMO we have to factor in the sordid backstory since it fuels the need for propaganda campaigns to rehabilitate their image. I'm sure this is reasonably close still but the bit about Flynn trying to intimidate him and then standing back when challenged reads a bit like fanfiction.
Ah, that's a great point. He did come across VERY strongly like the just, rational Savior. A little too much, as you intimate. As mentioned, it's obviously very dramatized for effect, and probably twice - once by the writer, and once by the "leakster."

Man, these particular hobbitseses are REALLY tricksy and nasty!
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

While he's no doubt trying to paint himself in as favorable a light as he can, that he's rational enough to want to paint himself in a favorable light suggests that it's very likely he was one of the more, uh, rational people in that loony bin of a meeting.

But yeah, I would take the stuff with more than a pinch of salt.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Best interview ever on NewsMax. They have on Mike Lindell, Mr. My Pillow, and he's trying to talk about election fraud. And obviously NewsMax has felt the pressure from Dominion and they try to change the topic. One interviewer actually asks out loud for his producer to end the interview right then and there, and he later just gets up and leaves! So funny, enjoy:

FYI, the original purpose of the interview was supposedly "cancel culture" and they just cancelled him :)
Last edited by Grifman on Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Looks like Dominion has put the fear of god into the Qanonsense Culture.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I came here to share that video. Amazing.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

That was amazing.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I cannot wait for Dominion to get their day in court. They are going to absolutely destroy a few folks. It’s going to be grand. :wub:
Covfefe!
malchior

Post by malchior »

The whole thing makes no sense. He was banned for the very thing they are asking him about and then freak out about. What did they think was going to happen? Was this a performance by Newsmax for Dominion?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

It's not cancellation. It's consequences, but the news enjoys the Jerry Springer spectacle.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It sounded to me like the script was to set him up to back away from his position on voter fraud (i.e. articulate what he would need to do to make his social media ban temporary rather than permanent) but he wasn't playing along.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

That was an awesome video.

If "Cancel Culture" has been expanded to include shutting down people throwing dangerous and baseless lies around as truths in order to incite hostility of any kind, I'm okay with that.

Blows my goddamn mind, though, that being a lie-spouting insane person was normal behavior just two weeks ago and now the nation will have none of it.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Paingod wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:25 am
Blows my goddamn mind, though, that being a lie-spouting insane person was normal behavior just two weeks ago and now the nation will have none of it.
Oh, I'm not so sure we are quite there yet.
This is just a specific (wonderful) example of where our laws have put some fear into these grifters and scammers.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Nothing shuts up a hard right Trumper faster than telling them they either have to prove what they're saying, or lose a shit ton of cash. :lol:
Covfefe!
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

It's the cash.

If you ask for proof, they wave a manila folder at you filled with blank paper, but tell you they can't show you the proof because it's confidential or pending in courts.
Black Lives Matter

stessier

Post by stessier »

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stessier wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:21 pm Probably nothing, but Lin Wood is being investigated for voting in GA illegally in 2020.
Voter fraud! Finally found it!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Not sure how Wood keeps from being disbarred.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:26 pm
stessier wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:21 pm Probably nothing, but Lin Wood is being investigated for voting in GA illegally in 2020.
No wonder he was so sure it was happening.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Zaxxon wrote:
coopasonic wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:26 pm
No wonder he was so sure it was happening.
As the saying goes from our childhood, "Whoever smelt it, dealt it."
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Holman

Post by Holman »

I think there's at least a 33% chance that the MyPillow guy thinks he can ride this thing all the way to the senate.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:33 pm Not sure how Wood keeps from being disbarred.
According to MrFed, being crazy is generally not enough. If you mess with clients money, though, watch out.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Holman wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:10 pm I think there's at least a 33% chance that the MyPillow guy thinks he can ride this thing all the way to the senate.
These days, he wouldn't be wrong. In fact, I submit that now is PRECISELY the best time for kooks to run for office. Look at the success they have had in the past couple years, and growing.

Apparently, for the Trump voters, loud, angry and conspiratorial = "fight", and they love that. Even if what you are fighting for is based on lies and achieved by cheating, it doesn't matter. WINNING is the only thing that matters, no matter how one gets there. And this guy has "loud and angry, with no egg-headed proof (NERDS!)" in spades.

"If yer not first, yer last"
Ricky Bobby's Dad
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:55 pmWINNING is the only thing that matters
I knew Charlie Sheen's #WINNING was going to be trouble when he started that and went right off the deep end. See where we are now? SEE?
Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:55 pm
Holman wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:10 pm I think there's at least a 33% chance that the MyPillow guy thinks he can ride this thing all the way to the senate.
These days, he wouldn't be wrong. In fact, I submit that now is PRECISELY the best time for kooks to run for office. Look at the success they have had in the past couple years, and growing.

Apparently, for the Trump voters, loud, angry and conspiratorial = "fight", and they love that. Even if what you are fighting for is based on lies and achieved by cheating, it doesn't matter. WINNING is the only thing that matters, no matter how one gets there. And this guy has "loud and angry, with no egg-headed proof (NERDS!)" in spades.

"If yer not first, yer last"
Ricky Bobby's Dad

Drazzil 2021... I'm for the angry, conspiratorial and fighting parts. Not much for the lying, cheating or racist parts.

Sides I reckon I could make a whole career outta being the guy who called out all the real life conspiracies portrayed against the US ppl.... And if the American people want crazy well... I barked a a pine cone for five hours straight cause I didn't like the way it was looking at me. :wink:
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Mike Lindell's three-hour "documentary" "proving" "vote fraud" is airing or about to air on OAN, which is pre-disavowing it.

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

OAN wrote:This coo-coo-ka-choo isn't ours. Please don't sue.
Black Lives Matter

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I'll give Mike Lindell credit for one thing. Before all of this, I had absolutely no idea who he was or what My Pillow was. Now I'm very acutely aware of both. Of course, that awareness means that I would never in a million years spend money on anything that he was involved with, but still...he did a great job of creating an image.

I do feel a little bit bad for the normal day-to-day grunts working at MyPillow though. They (I assume) had a booming business selling crappy pillows to old people, which has now gone to complete shit because the owner is a raving lunatic who can't keep his mouth shut.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:58 amI do feel a little bit bad for the normal day-to-day grunts working at MyPillow though. They (I assume) had a booming business selling crappy pillows to old people, which has now gone to complete shit because the owner is a raving lunatic who can't keep his mouth shut.
Is there a verified loss, or maybe has business been on the uptick with 70 million newly aware people who may believe he's looking out for them?
Black Lives Matter

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I won't watch this, but I do want a synopsis I can read through. I'm interested to see how far down the rabbit hold he goes with his conspiracy theories.
Covfefe!
Holman

Post by Holman »

Paingod wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:59 am
Skinypupy wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:58 amI do feel a little bit bad for the normal day-to-day grunts working at MyPillow though. They (I assume) had a booming business selling crappy pillows to old people, which has now gone to complete shit because the owner is a raving lunatic who can't keep his mouth shut.
Is there a verified loss, or maybe has business been on the uptick with 70 million newly aware people who may believe he's looking out for them?
Tens of millions of people have heard of MyPillow who never did before, and half of them now believe it's their Culture War duty to be a customer. I'm sure the company is doing fine.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Holman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:02 pm
Paingod wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:59 am
Tens of millions of people have heard of MyPillow who never did before, and half of them now believe it's their Culture War duty to be a customer. I'm sure the company is doing fine.
I just sort of assumed that having their products pulled from nearly every major retailer would cause revenue issues, but you're probably right. FreedomPillows (TM) would likely have a strong pull with the MAGA crowd.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

hepcat wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:00 pm I won't watch this, but I do want a synopsis I can read through. I'm interested to see how far down the rabbit hold he goes with his conspiracy theories.
From what I've read, it's pretty much the same stuff he, Powell and Giuliani have been peddling for weeks now. And not unexpectedly, it's just full of assertions but thin on any real evidence to back it up. He's just basically signed over his company and fortune to Dominion and Symantec with this video.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Longtime Trump advisers connected to groups behind rally that led to Capitol attack
Three of the key advisers who helped engineer Donald Trump's' rise to the presidency in 2016, and who fell from grace under the weight of federal criminal charges, resurfaced during Trump's final days in office to help engineer his ill-fated attempt to cling to power.

Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, and retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn all participated in efforts to promote the Jan. 6 "Stop the Steal" event that ultimately devolved into a riotous and deadly melee at the United States Capitol, leaving five dead and causing Trump to become the only president to be impeached for a second time.
After the election, Stone encouraged protesters to come to Washington to voice objections to the outcome. He was billed as a featured speaker for the Jan. 6 rally that preceded the assault on the U.S. Capitol, but did not appear. Since that day, he has sought to distance himself from the effort, telling ABC News in a statement that he condemned the violence perpetrated on the Capitol by the mob.
Here he is in DC on Jan 6 flanked by his militia guards. He is such a little smartass shit. Wish they'd rebury him under the prison cause Trump cant get him out now.
Enlarge Image
malchior

Post by malchior »

Plonking this here because his actions around election fraud and this action by Fox are related:

Lou Dobbs show is immediately cancelled despite being Fox's top rated show. He will remain under contract presumably so he can't run off somewhere else. It is no coincidence this happened one day after election machine maker Smartmatic dropped a bomb by filing a $2.7B lawsuit against Fox and Fox personalities including Dobbs.

Edit: Usage of 'dropped' without qualification caused confusion. Sorry.
Last edited by malchior on Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Why did they drop the suit? :(

(Edit: or did you mean drop as in like a bombshell, rather than give up the lawsuit or strike a deal for it to go away quietly?)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ah, this is delicious. Smartmatic is like the Batman we need. :wub:

Update: Right Wing Watch is on it.

Yeah, Lindell is about to become penniless.
Covfefe!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Defiant wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:22 pm Why did they drop the suit? :(

(Edit: or did you mean drop as in like a bombshell, rather than give up the lawsuit or strike a deal for it to go away quietly?)
I think he meant as a bomb since to my knowledge that lawsuit is still on.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
malchior

Post by malchior »

Remus West wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:05 pm
Defiant wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:22 pm Why did they drop the suit? :(

I think he meant as a bomb since to my knowledge that lawsuit is still on.
Correct. I edited the post because it was confusing.