October debate

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Fireball

Re: October debate

Post by Fireball »

These debates are too crowded. I like a lot of these folks, but they need to raise the thresholds to allow more substantive discussions. The only people on the stage should be Biden, Warren, Sanders, Harris and, sigh, the mayor of a town in Indiana whose population would fit comfortably inside a relatively large Denny's.
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:17 am
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Me: Wait 12 years, when he runs for president. :-)
Holman

Post by Holman »

I think Biden's vulnerability isn't electoral so much as the constant fear of a campaign-ending gaffe. (But who knows, maybe Trump has made such things extinct?)

I must say, he has been sounding better recently. He did well enough in this debate.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Holman wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:04 pm I think Biden's vulnerability isn't electoral so much as the constant fear of a campaign-ending gaffe. (But who knows, maybe Trump has made such things extinct?)

I must say, he has been sounding better recently. He did well enough in this debate.
I remember George Allen's "macaca" moment.

All it takes is one word.
Hodor.