September debate

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Re: September debate

Post by Isgrimnur »

They're not going to switch their votes, but they just might stay home.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I agree with El Guapo; he isn't going to walk it back and it isn't going to matter. This is the end of his campaign in reality. He was looking for something that changed the story and it didn't work out. If he does switch to the Senate race, I'll hazard a guess and say he'll "refines" the point for the home audience.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:30 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:11 pm Beto couldn’t win a senate race against Ted Cruz. And he was talking about draconian gun control back then. It ain’t going to sell better in the other red states.
He's still my guy at this point.
Funny...the only thing I liked about Beto was the prospect of turning TX blue, and "I'm coming for your guns" shot that down. I don't dislike him. He might be a mediocre president, and mediocre would be a big step up. (It doesn't help that he reminds me of JFK, another mediocre president.)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I find Beto to have been on the wrong side of the decency and to have reformed in such a way that every thing he does is walking the walk to help his fellow humans and lift up those around him. He seems to legislate and lead from the position.

Sadly, he probably can't win. He's still my guy (though Merkley would still be my guy if threw his hat in).

Beto seems to be often recorded when they press isn't around, just being Beto, and he inspires me to try and be better than I generally am. He's a leader. I honestly don't know Exectutive but he's more of a leader than anyone else I've seen in the field.

I was already a Beto liker when he responded to Trumps attacks on his phony name along the lines of "When he's focused on me, he's not focused on people who can't defend themselves" and that just sealed it for me.