The Trump Impeachment Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Post by malchior »

This is the end of sanity. No foreign adversary can look at things like this and not know that we are in complete collapse. This is why Erdogan, Putin and Xi are acting the way they are.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

malchior wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:38 pm Cool. Cool.

In the unlikely event he appears, it'd be awesome if he took the 5th and refused to answer.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

malchior wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:35 pm This is the end of sanity. No foreign adversary can look at things like this and not know that we are in complete collapse. This is why Erdogan, Putin and Xi are acting the way they are.

Trying to wrap my head around this. I need a context. Without context all that says "Fuck the law, and fuck facts, what we want to know about is credibility. Well sort of. We want to make actually just want to ask questions about credibility in such a way as to insinuate there is none."
malchior

Post by malchior »

There is no reasonable context. The man is compromised or we have to believe he went insane. I mean just look at him. He looks like he is succumbing to the dark side of the force.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Rudy under DoJ investigation:
Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, is being investigated by federal prosecutors for possible campaign finance violations and a failure to register as a foreign agent as part of an active investigation into his financial dealings, according to three U.S. officials.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

They keep hitting the whistleblower because it's the easiest way to cast suspicion on the impeachment inquiry: if it's all based on the whistleblower's testimony, then demolishing the whistleblower should make the whole story go up in smoke.

Of course the problem is that everything suggested by the whistleblower has now been confirmed by multiple witnesses, but the GOP is counting on Fox-addled supporters not to figure that out.

(This is the same game they blamed with the Steele Dossier, by the way. Deplorables still believe that the entire "Russia Hoax" was based on nothing but Dossier allegations.)
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

If you're so interested in getting to the bottom of it Miss Lindsey, why don't you demand the White House allow people on the call to testify? Why don't you demand the release of the real transcript from those highly secure servers? Since this is obviously a liberal hit job, there can be nothing incriminating from those witnesses or in that transcript, correct?
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

How many registered voters could point out Ukraine on a map? Just wondering.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Holman wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:20 pm They keep hitting the whistleblower because it's the easiest way to cast suspicion on the impeachment inquiry: if it's all based on the whistleblower's testimony, then demolishing the whistleblower should make the whole story go up in smoke.

Of course the problem is that everything suggested by the whistleblower has now been confirmed by multiple witnesses, but the GOP is counting on Fox-addled supporters not to figure that out.
It's not about the substance of what the whistleblower said. It's about his/her motivation. If s/he is a Never Trumper, then the Republican charge that impeachment is a vendetta has background. They can't defend against the facts, so they have to control the narrative.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I think the real benefit of the impeachment is that it will force the Republicans to out themselves. If they're going to ignore the law and the constitution in order to hold on to power, they'll be forced to do so openly, not behind the scenes.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Kurth wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:20 pm How many registered voters could point out Ukraine on a map? Just wondering.
I've played a lot of Risk in my lifetime. I'm pretty sure I could get close.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Take 11 minutes to listen to the Yovanovitch angle. It's a great allegory for the way this administration operates. If you only have 5 minutes, skip to 6 minutes in.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:19 pm Rudy under DoJ investigation:
Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, is being investigated by federal prosecutors for possible campaign finance violations and a failure to register as a foreign agent as part of an active investigation into his financial dealings, according to three U.S. officials.
He's not being investigated by family or friends, so it's a sham!
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:48 am
Pyperkub wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:19 pm Rudy under DoJ investigation:
He's not being investigated by family or friends, so it's a sham!
What's the motivation of the investigator? Have they ever forgot 9/11?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Pretty incredible to watch the President commit further impeachable events in real-time during an impeachment hearing.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:08 pm Pretty incredible to watch the President commit further impeachable events in real-time during an impeachment hearing.
Came to post this. It's utterly insane.

Rep. Adam Schiff: "... now the president in real time is attacking you. What effect do you think that has on other witnesses?"

Marie Yovanovitch: "It's very intimidating."

"Some of us here take witness intimidation very seriously," Schiff adds.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
malchior

Post by malchior »

He does it because it won't matter. This system is under attack and it is not responding well. Many people are just hoping for incremental improvement and calling that a major victory. We are deep in the swamps of hell at this point.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It doesn't matter how much more he does. It's tossing matches at an inferno. We either have enough already, or 'enough' isn't possible and none of it matters.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
malchior

Post by malchior »

Evidence that we are in hell.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

The US Constitution. Now good for two things. Wiping and covering ass.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:35 pm The US Constitution. Now good for two things. Wiping and covering ass.
:( but :lol:
malchior

Post by malchior »

Isn't it infuriatingly hilarious that Nunes opened the impeachment hearing complaining about how legislation is outstanding. And that these hearings are interrupting the "true business" of Congress? He also joined McCarthy in essentially calling Schiff a liar about knowing the identity of the whistle blower. What a muppet.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Back in real-time what the heck is Castor doing? He seems to have been trying to undermine her by propping up Taylor...hell of a strategy.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

malchior wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:05 pm Isn't it infuriatingly hilarious that Nunes opened the impeachment hearing complaining about how legislation is outstanding.
I'm sure these impeachment hearings are holding up the Senate from passing the gun legislation that the House passed back in February.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Remember when the nation went crazy over Clinton asking the definition of “is”? This is the same bullshit, except more shameless.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
malchior

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:58 pm
malchior wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:05 pm Isn't it infuriatingly hilarious that Nunes opened the impeachment hearing complaining about how legislation is outstanding.
I'm sure these impeachment hearings are holding up the Senate from passing the gun legislation that the House passed back in February.
I forgot to give credit to the master. The line actually started with McConnell who complained about this Wednesday night. Nunes parroted the true obstructive master's projection propaganda like the dumbass muppet chump that he is.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Again, this is another thing that frustrates me with the Democrats. They should be holding a press conference every goddamn day, reminding people of what Mitch McConnell is doing. Every. God.Damn.Day. There should be an official letter drafted every week, sent to him from various high-ranking House members and copied to the news. There should be short videos for TV stations to play. It should be an unrelenting and non-stop effort to keep his antics in the spotlight.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

What?!? Why?!? They are the adults in the room. They remain above it all and maintain decorum. It is totally working out. Really. Any day now...

Edit: Hahahaha - true words. This was my exact perception. Castor...is either throwing the fight or he was way down the list under: the only dope willing to go on tv to carry buckets of bullshit for us.

malchior

Post by malchior »

WOAH! Super fucking shady shit going on. They dug up state department prep material about Hunter Biden concerns during her confirmation prep back in the Obama administration and asked her about it. Meanwhile, they won't release any state department notes to the committee. I hope they call this garbage out.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:05 pm Again, this is another thing that frustrates me with the Democrats. They should be holding a press conference every goddamn day, reminding people of what Mitch McConnell is doing. Every. God.Damn.Day. There should be an official letter drafted every week, sent to him from various high-ranking House members and copied to the news. There should be short videos for TV stations to play. It should be an unrelenting and non-stop effort to keep his antics in the spotlight.
Absodamnedlutely. Either is is a an issue or it's not. If it's not, then the GOP have a point. If it is then everything should be done to treat this like it's Keapernic not standing for the national anthem. Expose it and keep it in the open, in the spotlight. I'm not smart enough to know if the left aren't doing their jobs or if this is how the game is played and they don't deserve to win. Either way, it's a loss for me.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Someone this week tried to bring that up for a vote in the Senate. One Republican objected so it won't be voted on.
Hodor.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

pr0ner wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:41 pm
Someone this week tried to bring that up for a vote in the Senate. One Republican objected so it won't be voted on.
Yeah, it was actually being brought up as this week's shooting was occurring, completely independently of the shooting being a thing that was occurring.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

malchior wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:10 pm What?!? Why?!? They are the adults in the room. They remain above it all and maintain decorum. It is totally working out. Really. Any day now...

Edit: Hahahaha - true words. This was my exact perception. Castor...is either throwing the fight or he was way down the list under: the only dope willing to go on tv to carry buckets of bullshit for us.

You make it look like that's transcript. Going to RadioFreeTom's account, it's pretty clear he's not quoting but rather taking jabs. That may be intuitive to everyone else here, but it wasn't to me.
malchior

Post by malchior »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:52 pm
malchior wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:10 pm What?!? Why?!? They are the adults in the room. They remain above it all and maintain decorum. It is totally working out. Really. Any day now...

You make it look like that's transcript.
It never occurred to me that anyone would take that as anything other than a humorous paraphrasing. Sorry for the confusion.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I thought the same thing at first and felt I should rewind to see if I missed it.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

It’s not entirely your fault.

It’s because we actually could see someone saying that here.
malchior

Post by malchior »

If you aren't watching the GOP is essentially using their time to read in propaganda into the record, complain about Schiff, whine about the whistle blower, and *NOT ASK THE WITNESS ANYTHING*. She is just sitting there. Now the Dems are doing the same to defend the whistle blower. Ugh. I want to scream 'Don't play their games!'. They have other ways to address this.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:05 pm Again, this is another thing that frustrates me with the Democrats. They should be holding a press conference every goddamn day, reminding people of what Mitch McConnell is doing. Every. God.Damn.Day. There should be an official letter drafted every week, sent to him from various high-ranking House members and copied to the news. There should be short videos for TV stations to play. It should be an unrelenting and non-stop effort to keep his antics in the spotlight.
Also because the WH *doesn't* hold any press conferences any more.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

malchior wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:11 pm If you aren't watching the GOP is essentially using their time to read in propaganda into the record, complain about Schiff, whine about the whistle blower, and *NOT ASK THE WITNESS ANYTHING*. She is just sitting there. Now the Dems are doing the same to defend the whistle blower. Ugh. I want to scream 'Don't play their games!'. They have other ways to address this.
This might be the first hiccup. Schiff and co have been *extremely* good at not getting sucked into the GOP’s distractions so far.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:07 pm It’s not entirely your fault.

It’s because we actually could see someone saying that here.
Yeah, I'm not trying to be petty. But my first instinct it so say "holy shit. No way", then I'm going to want to be part of the problem and share it like it's fact. But fool me three times and I won't get fooled again. So I pretty much source everything before I act as part of the echo chamber, in part, because I don't have that the gene that let's me see what is obvious jocularity to other people.