The Trump Impeachment Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

hepcat

Re: The Trump Impeachment Thread

Post by hepcat »

A part of me hopes this stresses him out enough that he just keels over dead at some point.

I’m a horrible human being, aren’t I? :oops:
He won. Period.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

If the GOP really cared about this country, Trump would have been impeached long ago. The only reason we're having this debate is that one political party has abandoned all pretense of actually caring about anything at all other than political power.

And no hepcat, I don't think you're a horrible human being. I've wished that orange fuck would drop dead ever since he took office. On a near-daily basis.

And Mitch McConnell can join him in hell.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

YellowKing wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:59 pm If the GOP really cared about this country, Trump would have been impeached long ago. The only reason we're having this debate is that one political party has abandoned all pretense of actually caring about anything at all other than political power.

And no hepcat, I don't think you're a horrible human being. I've wished that orange fuck would drop dead ever since he took office. On a near-daily basis.

And Mitch McConnell can join him in hell.
+100 million (at least).
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

YellowKing wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:59 pm And no hepcat, I don't think you're a horrible human being. I've wished that orange fuck would drop dead ever since he took office. On a near-daily basis.
Me, too. I don't want him killed. That isn't how we do things. But dropping dead from natural causes? Hell yes.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
malchior

Post by malchior »

hepcat wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:50 am
malchior wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:43 am Oh please. This is a terrible take. This is very far from #fakenews. This is a critique on how they constantly play the horse race narrative.
So you would have been equally displeased had the reports all been overwhelmingly positive for Dems?
This is the problem. I want them to talk about the substance and not this Dem vs. Rep horseshit that they spin all the time. And to be honest the media does it because this is what sells because our nation is broken. Everyone wants this to be about teams and this is why we can have actors like Trump and McConnell openly ignoring the Russian threat and get away with it. Only the party matters anymore; not the nation and more importantly the majority of people of our nation.
gameoverman wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:13 pmHe's been President for almost his entire first term now. I think the time has long passed for stuff like impeachment. Either they had something on him, in which case this should have been dealt with long ago, or the truth is they don't really have anything and they are just doing this to annoy him.
Is this actually a serious statement or a framing one? Because the Mueller report documents criminality similar or more to what Nixon would have been impeached and removed for had he not resigned. The only reason the crisis didn't spiral is because some individuals acted as a firewall to contain his worst instincts. For example, no one acted on the order to fire Mueller because they knew it'd explode in everyone's faces.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Edit: Wrong thread
Last edited by malchior on Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:26 pm
YellowKing wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:59 pm And no hepcat, I don't think you're a horrible human being. I've wished that orange fuck would drop dead ever since he took office. On a near-daily basis.
Me, too. I don't want him killed. That isn't how we do things. But dropping dead from natural causes? Hell yes.
I've created the Fried Chicken and Hamburder Super PAC. The goal is to keep KFC and Whoppers within an arms reach of Trump at all times.

"Whereas Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States of America is, by sworn and documented evidence,

-The healthiest man alive

-Making America Great Again

-Deeply concerned for the welfare of all Americans, except the bad ones

-Exceptionally hard working

It is the goal of the KFC and Hamberder Super PAC to ensure his continued mental health by providing for him his favorite foods on a continual basis."

Like nearly all PACs, the real goal is never blatantly stated.of course.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I'd rather see him in an orange jumpsuit for the rest of his life.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:56 am I'd rather see him in an orange jumpsuit for the rest of his life.
Me too but it's been made abundantly clear that it's not going to happen. I'll take what I can get.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

malchior wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:15 am
gameoverman wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:13 pmHe's been President for almost his entire first term now. I think the time has long passed for stuff like impeachment. Either they had something on him, in which case this should have been dealt with long ago, or the truth is they don't really have anything and they are just doing this to annoy him.
Is this actually a serious statement or a framing one? Because the Mueller report documents criminality similar or more to what Nixon would have been impeached and removed for had he not resigned. The only reason the crisis didn't spiral is because some individuals acted as a firewall to contain his worst instincts. For example, no one acted on the order to fire Mueller because they knew it'd explode in everyone's faces.
It's a serious statement but I think I was unclear about my point. I do not think this is about the legal aspects. No one in the voting pool cares about that. If he was clearly guilty of something big then he would have been taken down long ago, that's how a lot of people think. The impression voters get from this is that Democrats can't let this go, so they are searching for any technicalities they can find. In case you haven't noticed, the public isn't impressed with technicalities. So what I'm saying is this is costing votes in the end, not gaining them. The work, time, and resources that have gone into this impeachment thing have been an enormous waste and the Democratic party appears to be unable to accept that. It's not impressing anyone except the rabid anti-Trump people but that's why it's a waste since those people would be no less anti-Trump if none of this impeachment stuff had ever happened. People are impressed with results, this entire impeachment process has led to nothing.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I can only offer anecdotal information, but my general observation is that the overwhelming majority of people don't understand civics or how governmental bodies should work. My short adventure in trying to get a local organization to understand why bylaws are written, reviewed and followed was like repeatedly slamming my fingers in a car door. Who needs to follow Robert's Rules? Why am I harping so much on the idea of a quorum? Why do we need to vote on these things? Why are you making a record of whether or not I was here and what my vote was? This is why nothing surprises me as you scale up the process form a community, to regional, to county to state and then to national level. All those rules and all process? Who cares? It's been working fine when we just do what we want so why are you trying to follow all these rules and protocols? You're just trying to slow things down. The impeachment process is the same (IMHO). People are likening it to a Blue vs Red political hit job instead of understanding what the process represents and why it's important to engage in oversight. Trump is a PoS, but that's not why I want this impeachment process to begin.The idea that this is something that needs to be polled or that elected officials need to get a temperature reading before moving forward is insane. They were elected to lead - now lead.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:38 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:56 am I'd rather see him in an orange jumpsuit for the rest of his life.
Me too but it's been made abundantly clear that it's not going to happen. I'll take what I can get.
If the GOP loses in 2020, Trump will immediately be pursued by legal hounds and will probably go to jail.

If the GOP wins, Trump's complete legal immunity will be written into the Constitution.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:47 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:38 pm
If the GOP loses in 2020, Trump will immediately be pursued by legal hounds and will probably go to jail.

If the GOP wins, Trump's complete legal immunity will be written into the Constitution.
I think he is more likely to wind up in a mental ward, if he lives that long.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Politico
President Donald Trump's attorneys would be permitted to review some of Congress’s impeachment-related evidence under a set of procedures unveiled Monday by the House Judiciary Committee, part of a plan to spell out the panel’s authorities as it intensifies its consideration of articles of impeachment.

The measure, obtained by POLITICO, would also allow smaller groups of lawmakers on the Judiciary panel’s subcommittees to consider evidence — a step that could streamline and hasten its review. It would also allow committee staffers for both the Democratic and Republican sides of the panel to question witnesses for an extra hour, part of an effort to elicit more useful information.

The Judiciary Committee will vote on the resolution on Thursday.
Allowing the president's lawyers to access evidence and witnesses is the latest move by the Judiciary Committee to make its long-running probes of Trump look more like impeachment inquiries that occurred during the Nixon and Clinton presidencies. One such procedure that mirrors past impeachment processes involves sensitive grand-jury materials. The resolution allows lawmakers to review such evidence in classified settings.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I look forward to Trump Tweeting out those findings from his lawyers, angrily defending himself prior to any charges or action by Dems.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Now that Democrats are starting to adopt procedural guidelines for impeachment proceedings in the Judiciary Committee, Trump is on Twitter attributing false quotes to a sitting Congressman.

Last edited by pr0ner on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hodor.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Loving you whether...whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad
Come on

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

Hearings will deal with corruption, obstruction, and abuse of power.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:44 am Now that Democrats are starting to adopt procedural guidelines for impeachment proceedings in the Judiciary Committee, Trump is on Twitter attributing false quotes to sitting a sitting Congressman.
He's fabricating quotes and that's the best that moron can do?

"His penis is so much more gargantuan than mine that we have no choice but to start this unlawful coup against our great President who definitely doesn't have small hands" - Rep Jerry Nadler
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:02 am
Loving you whether...whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad
Come on
:lol:
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Does an impeachment inquiry mean Trump will have to testify? If so, it should be pretty easy to get a perjury impeachment.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im not sure if its worse to have no lawyer or to have Giuliani as your lawyer.
Last edited by Daehawk on Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Now this is the thread we've all been waiting for.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

How long you reckon before Trump claims greatest impeachment ever? And will he make his IQ hand gesture?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Colbert was better than usual. And he's usually pretty good.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:04 am How long you reckon before Trump claims greatest impeachment ever? And will he make his IQ hand gesture?
"Best ratings ever! Obama never had this many viewers!"

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

At least he's not totally flipping on out twitter or anything. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

It's all well and good to make fun of witch hunts until you realize that you've been flying around on a broom with a pointy hat all this time.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Wait ... at the end of that Colbert clip ... Trumps seriously declared Pelosi no longer Speaker of the House? Is that him saying "American democracy is dead. I can do whatever I want." or is something else going on there?
Black Lives Matter

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

:oops: /Raises hand in agreement

And I don't like that I think that either.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:43 am
:oops: /Raises hand in agreement

And I don't like that I think that either.
More likely he'll live to 108. Bitterness and hatred have a way of lingering like a fart in a hot parked car.
Black Lives Matter

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Paingod wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:44 am More likely he'll live to 108. Bitterness and hatred have a way of lingering like a fart in a hot parked car.
I tend to think he's pretty far gone on the sociopath scale and does not have bitterness or hatred. However, he also doesn't have stress and stress is a killer.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Paingod wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:37 am Wait ... at the end of that Colbert clip ... Trumps seriously declared Pelosi no longer Speaker of the House? Is that him saying "American democracy is dead. I can do whatever I want." or is something else going on there?
Hodor.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

He's just on a twitter rampage. It at least makes me feel better that he's totally pissed off and freaking out. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Octavious wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:02 am He's just on a twitter rampage. It at least makes me feel better that he's totally pissed off and freaking out. :lol:
What does this mean?
To show you how dishonest the LameStream Media is, I used the word Liddle’, not Liddle, in discribing Corrupt Congressman Liddle’ Adam Schiff.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:12 am
Octavious wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:02 am He's just on a twitter rampage. It at least makes me feel better that he's totally pissed off and freaking out. :lol:
What does this mean?
To show you how dishonest the LameStream Media is, I used the word Liddle’, not Liddle, in discribing Corrupt Congressman Liddle’ Adam Schiff.
I assume instead of Liddle' he meant Lil' (or Li'l). But he assumes that the only misspelling was the missing apostrophe (or as he refers to it, a hyphen).
Holman

Post by Holman »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:12 am
What does this mean?

To show you how dishonest the LameStream Media is, I used the word Liddle’, not Liddle, in discribing Corrupt Congressman Liddle’ Adam Schiff. Low ratings @CNN purposely took the hyphen out and said I spelled the word little wrong. A small but never ending situation with CNN!
He's whining that CNN says he misspelled "Little" and that they left off the apostrophe and he's denying it because (as everyone knows) (presumably) the apostrophe means you're using slang.

Only he calls the apostrophe a hyphen because he's a fucking idiot.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

@MerriamWebster wrote: For those looking up punctuation early on a Friday morning:

A hyphen is a mark - used to divide or to compound words.
An apostrophe is a mark ' used to indicate the omission of letters or figures.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

He's like the online grammar nazi who has egregious grammatical errors in his attempts to correct people.

And to save you all the time:
ImLawBoy wrote: He's like a nazi.
Mortoned.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

ImLawBoy wrote: He's a nazi.
Mortoned.
It's almost as if people are the problem.