The Trump foreign policy thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: The Trump foreign policy thread

Post by malchior »

Fuck this evil, traitorous POS. I wouldn't mind seeing him sitting in the dock at the Hague. Will never happen in a million years but this is deeply sick and twisted.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Kurds are working on becoming allies of Syria now.....ISIS prisoners are escaping.....hope the GOP is happy.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Seen elsewhere on the intertubes:
Art of the Deal baby. In just two weeks the Kurds have gone from being US allies to aligning themselves with Syria, Russia, and Iran. Usually, it takes years to implement such a disastrous foreign policy.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Meanwhile - this is real life.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

People voted the moron idiot in and people support him now. So people are more of a stupid pack of shits than him it seems. He's still in there. He'll be there tomorrow. And if the GOP have their way which is likely he'll be there 4 years after 2020.

The only smile I get out of Trump is that for his very short egotistical greedy dumbass trip down fucktard lane on Earth he will burn in hell for eternity. The devil should sell tickets.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

In case there was any doubt Liz Cheney is a POS (there shouldn't be), here are her thoughts on what's happening in Syria:
"I also want to say that the impeachment proceedings that are going on and what the Democrats are doing themselves to try to weaken this president is part of this," Cheney, who represents Wyoming and is the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, argued.

"It was not an accident that the Turks chose this moment to roll across the border," she claimed. "And I think the Democrats have got to pay very careful attention to the damage that they're doing with the impeachment proceedings."
Complete trash.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That POS actively hates her sister for being gay, so I have always assumed she's a subhuman waste of human flesh. Even her less than human father eventually supported his other daughter's right to be herself. But Liz? Nope. She's a true piece of human trash.
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Remember when Trump claimed that Obama and Clinton founded ISIS?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Maybe they'll bomb his empty buildings. Eyesores.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Looks like Russia may not have to worry about our nukes in Turkey anymore soon.

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Putin is calling in his chips before impeachment. Wow.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Holman

Post by Holman »

Russia has spent the Trump years smoothing and normalizing its relations with Turkey.

I won't be the least surprised if this ends with Turkey pulling out of NATO and joining Putin's Warsaw Pact 2.0.

Imagine the intelligence windfall that would be for Moscow.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

As they streamed out of detention camps in northern Syria following U.S. withdrawal of military support in the region, jubilant ISIS prisoners on Monday hailed their American liberators. “We never thought we’d see the day when someone would finally stand up for us and free us from the Syrian Democratic Forces’ clutches,” said ISIS member Mohsin Al-Lateef as hundreds of his recently liberated fellow jihadist militants praised President Donald Trump and raised American flags in tribute to their emancipators.
The Onion: Jubilant ISIS Prisoners Hail American Liberators
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:23 pm Looks like Russia may not have to worry about our nukes in Turkey anymore soon.

I do wonder whether it would make sense to take nukes out of Turkey anyway, given the fairly hostile government there.
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:53 am
malchior wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:23 pm Looks like Russia may not have to worry about our nukes in Turkey anymore soon.

I do wonder whether it would make sense to take nukes out of Turkey anyway, given the fairly hostile government there.
I don't think they are/were ever at risk of falling into Turkish hands. And even if they did they undoubtedly have a kill switch that would render them effectively unusable for anything other than a dirty bomb.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

USA Today
Turkey pressed on with its incursions into Syria on Tuesday as President Recep Tayyip Erdogan remained quiet amid the Trump administration’s demands for an immediate ceasefire as well as its economic sanctions and threats to punish Turkish officials.

President Donald Trump's request to Erdogan to halt the advance was revealed by Vice President Mike Pence, who said he would travel to the Middle East.

Trump made the demand in a Monday phone call with Erdogan.
In a written statement, Trump said the troops will "redeploy and remain in the region."

While he said the troops will leave Syria entirely, a small number will remain at a base in southern Syria to "monitor the situation" and prevent a "repeat of 2014," when Islamic State fighters took control of large parts of Syria and neighboring Iraq.
The sanctions Trump is putting on Turkey are aimed at pressuring Turkey's leader to halt a military offensive in Syria against Kurdish forces it views as a terrorist threat. The sanctions put a freeze on trade negotiations and raise steel tariffs on Turkey. Trump said Monday that he will also soon sign an executive order permitting sanctions to be imposed on current and former Turkish officials.
Dozens of civilians have been killed in Turkey's operation so far, according to the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a conflict-monitoring group.

Britain, France, Germany and the Netherlands have banned arms sales to Turkey.

The United Nations says that at least 160,000 civilians have been displaced since the Turkish offensive began on Oct. 9. Northeast Syria was already facing a humanitarian crisis before the Turkish invasion, with several million women, children and men in the region in need of assistance and tens of thousands of vulnerable people who fled the battlefields of the Islamic State group living in makeshift camps.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

So how long before Turkey joins the Warsaw pact?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Trump's China policy inspired by writer using imaginary friend???
Vara makes frequent cameos in the books of Peter Navarro, a White House adviser who is often referred to as Trump’s “China muse.” Before joining the White House, Navarro was a professor of economics and public policy at the University of California at Irvine and the author of books like Death by China: Confronting the Dragon — A Global Call to Action and The Coming China Wars: Where They Will Be Fought and How They Can Be Won (FT Press). He’s since become one of Trump’s most dogged defenders, telling CNN recently that “I am never disappointed in my president.” ...

...Navarro has quoted Vara a dozen or so times in six books, usually as an epigraph before a chapter. In Death by China, published in 2011, Vara offers this sweeping assessment of the country’s roughly 1.4 billion people: “Only the Chinese can turn a leather sofa into an acid bath, a baby crib into a lethal weapon, and a cellphone battery into heart-piercing shrapnel.”...

...Those who know Navarro well, Autry says, were fully aware that Ron Vara was a phony source who often popped up in his books. He said Vara was Navarro’s “alter ego,” an “everyman character” who dispenses cutesy business aphorisms as well as dire warnings about Chinese food.

Another of Navarro’s co-authors, however, was unaware of Ron Vara’s fictional status. Vara is quoted in Seeds of Destruction: Why the Path to Economic Ruin Runs Through Washington, and How to Reclaim American Prosperity (FT Press, 2010), written by Navarro and Glenn Hubbard, a professor of finance and economics at Columbia University and dean emeritus of the business school.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Fake muse!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Kraken wrote:Fake muse!
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Navarro? Ron Vara? I mean, come on! :doh:
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Kraken wrote:Fake muse!
Kraken wins teh interwebs for the day!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

hentzau wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:10 pm Navarro? Ron Vara? I mean, come on! :doh:
Ron Mexico's brother??
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Enlarge Image
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Holman

Post by Holman »

I can’t dig up the reference right now, but I feel like I saw an Erdogan quote saying that he would talk to Trump when Trump comes to Ankara. This implicitly refuses Trump’s earlier invitation to DC, but more than anything it’s a huge dunk on the USA as our forces retreat in the face of the Turkish advance.

At the same time, Russian TV is full of Russian irregulars and propagandists dancing around in our hastily abandoned major base in northern Syria.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Holman wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:36 am I can’t dig up the reference right now, but I feel like I saw an Erdogan quote saying that he would talk to Trump when Trump comes to Ankara.
Fox was reporting that Erdogan initially said that he wouldn't talk to Pence's delegation himself, and would only talk to Trump.
Turkish strongman Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Wednesday he will speak to Vice President Pence and a U.S. delegation heading to Ankara over a potential ceasefire deal in Syria after apparently snubbing the group earlier in the morning.

The Turkish president initially appeared to indicate he would only speak to President Trump about the matter, but then reversed course and announced later that he would be talking to Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien after all.

The declaration came hours after Erdogan said his country’s ongoing military offensive against the Syrian Kurds could end “as of tonight” if their fighters leave a designated border area.

“I am not going to talk to them,” the Turkish president first told a Sky News reporter Wednesday, referring to the U.S. delegation.

“They will be talking to their counterparts,” he added. “When Trump comes here, I’ll be talking.”
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Daily Beast
You can almost imagine the reality-show excitement that surely went into the ill-considered plan to introduce Anne Sacoolas, the American diplomatic wife who killed 19-year-old motorcyclist Harry Dunn when she drove down the wrong side of an English lane in August, to Dunn’s grieving parents. Sacoolas left the U.K. in early September under diplomatic-immunity protections and has not been seen in public since.

The Dunn family, now in the United States to drum up support to send Sacoolas back to the U.K. to face justice, had accepted an “urgent” invitation by the White House from National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien, to visit Donald Trump in Washington, D.C. Trump, it seems, thought he could convince the Dunns to meet the woman who killed their son, and would do so by opening a side door through which she would walk. The whole scene would be captured by a pool of photographers who had been summoned for the meeting.

But the Dunns would have none of it and refused to meet her. Dunn family spokesman Radd Seiger said that the family felt “ambushed” when the “bombshell” was dropped that Sacoolas was next door.

They had envisioned meeting her one day, but as Seiger told The Daily Beast, “only on British soil” and “only with mediators, counselors, and their legal team in tow.”
The Dunn family blames National Security Adviser O’Brien for the misstep. “It struck us that this meeting was hastily arranged by nincompoops on the run and in particular Mr. O’Brien, who appeared to be extremely uptight and aggressive and did not come across at all well in this meeting which required careful handling and sensitivity,” Seiger wrote. “The family remain open to the possibility of meeting Mrs. Sacoolas one day in the future but in a neutral and appropriately controlled environment.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

The ineptitude is unbelievable. What an embarrassment this amateur fucking administration, and by extension this country, is.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Is there an alternative to Hanlon's razor where we can assume both malice and stupidity?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Would you be willing to drop all charges against your son's killer for this commemorative Apprentice to President Collector's Plate? There are only 2400 in existence and they won't be printed again!
He won. Period.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Want to create terror attacks against the US? Because this is how you create more terror attacks against the US.

At start of photo with Pres Mattarella of Italy, Pres Trump defends his decision to withdraw from northeast Syria. “We are not a policing agent. It is time for us to go home," he says. Further, "if Turkey goes into Syria it is between Turkey and Syria. It’s not our problem.”

Per pool, Trump described the Kurds as "no angels." Your regular reminder that the Kurds were our allies in the fight against ISIS -- which Trump has taken full credit for eradicating.
"There are very fine people in ISIS."

JFC, what an utter fucking disaster.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hepcat wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:23 am Would you be willing to drop all charges against your son's killer for this commemorative Apprentice to President Collector's Plate? There are only 2400 24,000 in existence and they won't be printed again!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

At start of photo with Pres Mattarella of Italy, Pres Trump defends his decision to withdraw from northeast Syria. “We are not a policing agent. It is time for us to go home," he says. Further, "if Turkey goes into Syria it is between Turkey and Syria. It’s not our problem.”
IE - "I have no real estate in Syria"
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

This...this is a joke, right? It has to be, doesn't it? I honestly can't tell any more.

Oh, and did you know that the US and Italy have ties "back to Ancient Rome".

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Just when you thought things couldn't get stupider....

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

As I understand it, Mattis is very strongly admired in the officer corps and among the troops alike.

Also, it's even more impressive that Trump resurrected ISIS in one week.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:20 pm Oh, and did you know that the US and Italy have ties "back to Ancient Rome".
That's not what he said.

The quote is "the US and Italy are bound by a shared cultural and political heritage dating back thousands of years to ancient Rome."

That's not a stretch at all especially considering the context.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Which is true, but horribly and ambiguously stated.

"The US and Italy have a shard cultural and political heritage with roots going back thousands of years to ancient Rome" would have been a lot clearer.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:42 pm Which is true, but horribly and ambiguously stated.

"The US and Italy have a shard cultural and political heritage with roots going back thousands of years to ancient Rome" would have been a lot clearer.
Still wildly misleading for the Daily Edge to describe this like it did.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:00 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:42 pm Which is true, but horribly and ambiguously stated.

Still wildly misleading for the Daily Edge to describe this like it did.
Agreed on all accounts. It's obvious to me he is saying the US is rooted in Western Civ which dates back to Ancient Greece. It was still a dumb way to say it.