The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by malchior »

Grifman wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:20 pm
malchior wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:37 am I could see that...except when you actually listen to him talk about it. I guess it is possible it is all an act to peel off voters but it comes across as insanely naive. And risks pushing away progressive voters in large numbers. I encourage actually hearing him talk about it if you haven't...it comes across like he is fondly remembering the good old days.
He's not going to push away progressive voters - they are going to vote for just about anyone other than Trump unless they are totally stupid. And even if he is naive and wrong, what difference will it make in the end.? He'll find out quickly enough if he can work with McConnell or not. Meanwhile, IMO, he's maybe the only Democratic candidate (maybe Mayor Pete?) who can appeal to just enough of the Republicans on the fringe that he can pull away support from Trump to make a difference.
Biden or Pete are not peeling off enough Republicans to make a difference. I however believe that Warren or Sanders may put off people in rural areas with their "woke" ways that it might have impact. However, that isnt necessarily the point.

The statement about McConnell isnt about how he will work with him eventually. It is an illustration of how he is approaching the campaign the wrong way. The problem with Biden is he will not be able to diagnose and survive what is looking to be a very divisive and nasty election. The Dems need a charismatic war chief. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I simply do not think that his personality is suited for what is going to be a messy down and dirty slobberknocker.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

malchior wrote:The Dems need a charismatic war chief. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I simply do not think that his personality is suited for what is going to be a messy down and dirty slobberknocker.
Just to play devil's advocate:

Biden weathered Trump directly investigating him for corruption, having his name and his son's name dragged through the mud during the impeachment hearings, and emerged relatively unscathed.

Meanwhile, Warren managed to bungle Trump simply calling her Pocahontas.
malchior

Post by malchior »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:32 am
malchior wrote:The Dems need a charismatic war chief. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I simply do not think that his personality is suited for what is going to be a messy down and dirty slobberknocker.

Biden weathered Trump directly investigating him for corruption, having his name and his son's name dragged through the mud during the impeachment hearings, and emerged relatively unscathed.

Counter counter point. Joe has basically been hiding in plain sight letting the other 12+ jamokes battle it out and take the blows. That could be savvy but as the field narrows we will see how much he will weather the environment.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:36 pm

Counter counter point. Joe has basically been hiding in plain sight letting the other 12+ jamokes battle it out and take the blows. That could be savvy but as the field narrows we will see how much he will weather the environment.
ehhhh, that's not really true. Lots of people have come at Biden during the debates. I can't remember whether it was the first or second debate in particular where everyone went around taking their shots at Biden.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Biden has also been hiding, period. After a series of gaffes, his team began to limit his appearances, and I feel like there's just not a lot of visible Biden out there.

I guess his performance tonight will let us know how he's doing.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I've seen Biden pop up in a lot of places/news recently. His team just released a great attack ad against Trump today, as a matter of fact.
He won. Period.
malchior

Post by malchior »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:16 pm

ehhhh, that's not really true. Lots of people have come at Biden during the debates. I can't remember whether it was the first or second debate in particular where everyone went around taking their shots at Biden.
I don't think debates are great evidence against my point. Day to day he has been happy to let Bernie, Warren, et. al. fight. He does his events, doesn't bring much attention to himself, etc. It is a good play when you have human shields to distract. I am still convinced that if/when he is exposed one on one it is going to not go well. As an example, back to debates for a moment, he also isn't that great on his feet when attacked at these debates for what its worth. He usually breaks even at best. That is good enough for now but like I said we will see.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Trump is colluding with the Russians and Ukraine to prevent SkyNet. Trust him, the Space Force is completely harmless.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

malchior wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:13 am
Biden or Pete are not peeling off enough Republicans to make a difference. I however believe that Warren or Sanders may put off people in rural areas with their "woke" ways that it might have impact. However, that isnt necessarily the point.[/quote]

And you know this how? I don't see how you can say this because the campaign against Trump hasn't even started yet. That said, this is definitely a trend:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/25/us/p ... icans.html
The statement about McConnell isnt about how he will work with him eventually. It is an illustration of how he is approaching the campaign the wrong way. The problem with Biden is he will not be able to diagnose and survive what is looking to be a very divisive and nasty election. The Dems need a charismatic war chief. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I simply do not think that his personality is suited for what is going to be a messy down and dirty slobberknocker.
We don't need a charismatic war chief, imo. Those who wan to go to war on the liberal side are already there. IMO, what we need is a candidate who can project a sense of normalcy and steadiness, an "anti-Trump" if you will have it, who can turn America back to a sense of normalcy. That's what's need to move beyond a liberal base I think Biden will do fine against Trump. I think he can fight Trump when necessary but getting down in the mud with the hog at every opportunity gets both sides muddy and it not the way to win against Trump, because you can't out trump, Trump. Trump's main line against Biden so far is that he is past his prime, tired and not as sharp as he once was. That political ad writes itself - you show Trump's quote, then show video after video of Trump's speeches and his stumbles and miscues. Joe, imo, will do fine.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
malchior

Post by malchior »

Grifman wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:02 pm And you know this how? I don't see how you can say this because the campaign against Trump hasn't even started yet. That said, this is definitely a trend:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/25/us/p ... icans.html
I read that story. That is not a trend - a trend needs more than word on the street quotes. A trend would be a series of polls that indicate he can win in the critical states. National polls don't tell that story. We won't get a glimpse into this for awhile. Since we won't have much data, my opinion is based on how I expect this election is going to go. And then intersect it with what we know about Joe. For example, when I watched the last debate I saw Joe showing the same problems I outlined before. He is going to be in *a fight* and my opinion is he is not up to it. He isn't good on his feet. He is a gaffe machine. Trump is going to get very dirty. That said, "I don't know it" but I believe he is going to do poorly in the face of the withering fire he is going to face. IMO none of these candidates are going to do well in a fist fight with Trump. We are in big fucking trouble.
We don't need a charismatic war chief, imo.
Your road to victory is a boring, middle of the road guy who will peel off the voters to win. That could happen but it is fraught with tons of risk. That is what I'm getting at. The Democrats failed at managing the risk with Clinton. They are going down the same dumb road now. The charismatic war chief means a person who voters like who can take some punches and counter punch as needed. Joe can't do either.
Those who wan to go to war on the liberal side are already there. IMO, what we need is a candidate who can project a sense of normalcy and steadiness, an "anti-Trump" if you will have it, who can turn America back to a sense of normalcy.
Maybe it'll work. I think what will happen is that we will see a large portion of the population that will be shown to not be capable of receiving this message. They'll be distracted by a huge noise machine. There will be propaganda. There will be foreign interference. There is a high chance of nasty surprises. This is going to be one of the worst elections we have ever seen.
That's what's need to move beyond a liberal base I think Biden will do fine against Trump. I think he can fight Trump when necessary but getting down in the mud with the hog at every opportunity gets both sides muddy and it not the way to win against Trump, because you can't out trump, Trump.
I couldn't disagree more. Trump is the incumbent and the media bullhorns his propaganda. Some outlets have learned from 2016 but we are seeing many that haven't. This election will be immensely dirty and the other candidate is just going along projecting normalcy? It is not a realistic strategy. You don't have to get down in the dirt but you have to survive the attack machine. Again I think Joe will be pummeled by it. I think that we are in agree to massively disagree territory. We will see.
Trump's main line against Biden so far is that he is past his prime, tired and not as sharp as he once was. That political ad writes itself - you show Trump's quote, then show video after video of Trump's speeches and his stumbles and miscues. Joe, imo, will do fine.
If you think that is the main line that is why you aren't getting it. I'd argue the main line was what he was impeached over and that is but a taste of what is to come.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Ironically Biden being a "gaffe machine" may be a hidden strength. While Democrats don't like candidates who aren't great orators, Republican voters sure do. I can see Biden pulling some former Trump voters who just want "a guy that talks just like me."
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

malchior wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:26 pm As an example, back to debates for a moment, he also isn't that great on his feet when attacked at these debates for what its worth. He usually breaks even at best. That is good enough for now but like I said we will see.
The debates don't matter. Hillary crushed Trump in all three debates, it wasn't even close, yet Trump won. And do you really believe that Biden will do worse than Trump in a debate? Do you think Trump is quick on his feet? The vast majority of the voters already have their minds made up and not much is going to change them in this very partisan atmosphere. It's a few undecided/fringe voters the candidates are fighting for.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
malchior

Post by malchior »

Grifman wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:50 am
malchior wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:26 pm As an example, back to debates for a moment, he also isn't that great on his feet when attacked at these debates for what its worth. He usually breaks even at best. That is good enough for now but like I said we will see.
The debates don't matter. Hillary crushed Trump in all three debates, it wasn't even close, yet Trump won. And do you really believe that Biden will do worse than Trump in a debate?[ Do you think Trump is quick on his feet? The vast majority of the voters already have their minds made up and not much is going to change them in this very partisan atmosphere. It's a few undecided/fringe voters the candidates are fighting for.
Yes - it isn't about who will win debates but that wasn't what I was talking about. I don't think you are on the right page about how this election is going to go or how this is going to game out. We will see.
YellowKing wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:17 pm Ironically Biden being a "gaffe machine" may be a hidden strength. While Democrats don't like candidates who aren't great orators, Republican voters sure do. I can see Biden pulling some former Trump voters who just want "a guy that talks just like me."
Maybe. The weakness about being a gaffe machine to me is to measured in modern time by how much of it sticks. For Trump, multiple sexual misconducts didn't stick so I'll say he has a lot of teflon. We will have to see how much teflon Joe has perhaps.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Grifman wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:50 am It's a few undecided/fringe voters the candidates are fighting for.
That's what Biden and the other moderates want to fight over. Trump and the progressive Democrats are fighting to motivate their sympathizers. I believe that the number of unmotivated not-voters who can be moved to vote dwarfs the number of certain voters who can be flipped. That's an enormous potential pool for Democrats, whereas everybody who can be motivated for Trump is already on board.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

While shit may not stick to Trumps surface, I do think there is a threshold of shit where he is just a pan full of excrement, and it doesn’t matter if it’s stuck, he’s just full of it.
Holman

Post by Holman »

malchior wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:16 am Maybe. The weakness about being a gaffe machine to me is to measured in modern time by how much of it sticks. For Trump, multiple sexual misconducts didn't stick so I'll say he has a lot of teflon. We will have to see how much teflon Joe has perhaps.
The problem is that media "balance" requires that any Biden gaffe/blunder be treated as equivalent to any Trump outrage/crime.

"Verified reports emerged today that Donald Trump attempted to order Nancy Pelosi's legs broken by the Secret Service. In other Washington news, Joe Biden welcomed a senator's endorsement by using their wrong first name. Here's that clip."
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

From that leftist fake news outlet, The Washington Post comes a book which I'll probably read but it's more horrifying to me than an (early) Stephen King novel:

A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump's Testing of America

I wonder who the deep sources were who provided the info for the book? Tillerson comes to mind as one of them and perhaps a retired general or two. Sorry for the longish excerpt but it's just as I said horrifying...
Before they could debate the Iran deal, Trump erupted to revive another frequent complaint: the war in Afghanistan, which was now America’s longest war. He demanded an explanation for why the United States hadn’t won in Afghanistan yet, now 16 years after the nation began fighting there in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Trump unleashed his disdain, calling Afghanistan a “loser war.” That phrase hung in the air and disgusted not only the military leaders at the table but also the men and women in uniform sitting along the back wall behind their principals. They all were sworn to obey their commander in chief’s commands, and here he was calling the war they had been fighting a loser war.

“You’re all losers,” Trump said. “You don’t know how to win anymore.”

Trump questioned why the United States couldn’t get some oil as payment for the troops stationed in the Persian Gulf. “We spent $7 trillion; they’re ripping us off,” Trump boomed. “Where is the f---ing oil?”

Trump seemed to be speaking up for the voters who elected him, and several attendees thought they heard Bannon in Trump’s words. Bannon had been trying to persuade Trump to withdraw forces by telling him, “The American people are saying we can’t spend a trillion dollars a year on this. We just can’t. It’s going to bankrupt us.”

“And not just that, the deplorables don’t want their kids in the South China Sea at the 38th parallel or in Syria, in Afghanistan, in perpetuity,” Bannon would add, invoking Hillary Clinton’s infamous “basket of deplorables” reference to Trump supporters.

Trump mused about removing General John Nicholson, the U.S. commander in charge of troops in Afghanistan. “I don’t think he knows how to win,” the president said, impugning Nicholson, who was not present at the meeting.

Dunford tried to come to Nicholson’s defense, but the mild-mannered general struggled to convey his points to the irascible president.

“Mr. President, that’s just not . . .,” Dunford started. “We’ve been under different orders.”

Dunford sought to explain that he hadn’t been charged with annihilating the enemy in Afghanistan but was instead following a strategy started by the Obama administration to gradually reduce the military presence in the country in hopes of training locals to maintain a stable government so that eventually the United States could pull out. Trump shot back in more plain language.

“I want to win,” he said. “We don’t win any wars anymore . . . We spend $7 trillion, everybody else got the oil and we’re not winning anymore.”

Trump by now was in one of his rages. He was so angry that he wasn’t taking many breaths. All morning, he had been coarse and cavalier, but the next several things he bellowed went beyond that description. They stunned nearly everyone in the room, and some vowed that they would never repeat them. Indeed, they have not been reported until now.

“I wouldn’t go to war with you people,” Trump told the assembled brass.

Addressing the room, the commander in chief barked, “You’re a bunch of dopes and babies.”

For a president known for verbiage he euphemistically called “locker room talk,” this was the gravest insult he could have delivered to these people, in this sacred space. The flag officers in the room were shocked. Some staff began looking down at their papers, rearranging folders, almost wishing themselves out of the room. A few considered walking out. They tried not to reveal their revulsion on their faces, but questions raced through their minds. “How does the commander in chief say that?” one thought. “What would our worst adversaries think if they knew he said this?”

This was a president who had been labeled a “draft dodger” for avoiding service in the Vietnam War under questionable circumstances. Trump was a young man born of privilege and in seemingly perfect health: six feet two inches with a muscular build and a flawless medical record. He played several sports, including football. Then, in 1968 at age 22, he obtained a diagnosis of bone spurs in his heels that exempted him from military service just as the United States was drafting men his age to fulfill massive troop deployments to Vietnam.

Tillerson in particular was stunned by Trump’s diatribe and began visibly seething. For too many minutes, others in the room noticed, he had been staring straight, dumbfounded, at Mattis, who was speechless, his head bowed down toward the table. Tillerson thought to himself, “Gosh darn it, Jim, say something. Why aren’t you saying something?”

But, as he would later tell close aides, Tillerson realized in that moment that Mattis was genetically a Marine, unable to talk back to his commander in chief, no matter what nonsense came out of his mouth.

The more perplexing silence was from Pence, a leader who should have been able to stand up to Trump. Instead, one attendee thought, “He’s sitting there frozen like a statue. Why doesn’t he stop the president?” Another recalled the vice president was “a wax museum guy.” From the start of the meeting, Pence looked as if he wanted to escape and put an end to the president’s torrent. Surely, he disagreed with Trump’s characterization of military leaders as “dopes and babies,” considering his son, Michael, was a Marine first lieutenant then training for his naval aviator wings. But some surmised Pence feared getting crosswise with Trump. “A total deer in the headlights,” recalled a third attendee.

Others at the table noticed Trump’s stream of venom had taken an emotional toll. So many people in that room had gone to war and risked their lives for their country, and now they were being dressed down by a president who had not. They felt sick to their stomachs. Tillerson told others he thought he saw a woman in the room silently crying. He was furious and decided he couldn’t stand it another minute. His voice broke into Trump’s tirade, this one about trying to make money off U.S. troops.

“No, that’s just wrong,” the secretary of state said. “Mr. President, you’re totally wrong. None of that is true.”

Tillerson’s father and uncle had both been combat veterans, and he was deeply proud of their service.

“The men and women who put on a uniform don’t do it to become soldiers of fortune,” Tillerson said. “That’s not why they put on a uniform and go out and die . . . They do it to protect our freedom.”

There was silence in the Tank. Several military officers in the room were grateful to the secretary of state for defending them when no one else would. The meeting soon ended and Trump walked out, saying goodbye to a group of servicemen lining the corridor as he made his way to his motorcade waiting outside. Mattis, Tillerson, and Cohn were deflated. Standing in the hall with a small cluster of people he trusted, Tillerson finally let down his guard.

“He’s a f---ing moron,” the secretary of state said of the president.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
malchior

Post by malchior »

I don't doubt that account and he forgot a word. He is an *EVIL* fucking moron. When he dies I'll stand in the LONG, LONG, LONG queue to piss on his grave. The shit that is eventually going to come out about this is going to make many people question the system because it was completely incapable of preventing this.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That’s right folks, our great country invented the wheel..
During a CNBC interview in Davos, Switzerland, on Wednesday, U.S. President Donald Trump said that we must “protect our genius,” citing Elon Musk, Thomas Edison, and the inventor of the wheel as examples.
We should really be charging the world a per rotation tax.

Also, this made me laugh.

He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

We... didn't invent the wheel? Then how did George Washington get away when he stole fire from the gods to give it to man?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The president also applauded Musk’s expertise in aerospace.

“He’s also doing the rockets, he likes rockets, and he does good at rockets, too, by the way,” he said. “I never saw where the engines come down with no wings, no anything, and they’re landing.”
:grund:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Trump: *speaks in disjointed, incoherent, inaccurate, blatantly false, rambling, drawn-out, confusing bullshit*

GOP: "AMEN! Preach it brother! Hallelujah! THE CHOSEN ONE HAS SPOKEN"

Everyone Else: *checks their ears, reads the transcript a second time, looks back very confused and concerned*
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

"He has to. We help him. So he has to help us." What does that mean?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:00 am "He has to. We help him. So he has to help us." What does that mean?
Yeah. I was going to point that out too.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Are we trying to rationally analyze Trump word salad?

OK. The simplest explanation would be to assume he means the EV tax credit, which... only helps foreign automakers (and Ford, but Ford isn't really taking advantage) at this stage.

The fancier explanation would be that Trump is intimating some form of deal for Tesla to make another factory in the US. Which they absolutely plan to do, but I wasn't expecting anything in the near future (they just started work on the EU factory, and China is still ramping up).

Something in the middle could be expanding the Nevada factory, which I do expect soonish, but my assumption is that Trump is talking out of his ass as usual. I mean, 'he's does good at rockets?'
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I just don't understand how Senators with years of experience- very smart, mature people - can hitch their wagons to this buffoon and not feel like complete shits about it. I mean how can they seriously sit there, listen to Trump's incoherent dementia-laced stupidity and think, "This is my guy."
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yes. This, coupled with the number of voting Americans (apparently.... we’ll see.) that can feel that Trump is their guy, is the most troubling and depressing parts of this horrible ride we are on.
Holman

Post by Holman »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:01 pm I just don't understand how Senators with years of experience- very smart, mature people - can hitch their wagons to this buffoon and not feel like complete shits about it. I mean how can they seriously sit there, listen to Trump's incoherent dementia-laced stupidity and think, "This is my guy."
They're not. They're thinking "This guy 100% owns my party, so I'm stuck with him."

I mean, they could resist him and stand up for sanity and the Constitution, but that might mean higher taxes and more regulation on business. They'd rather die.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

And not for anything, doing nothing is working out swimmingly for them. Maybe not for the people already voted out, but those still in power? Why should they change anything? Why should they challenge anything? The biggest consequence so far is that President* Trump now has an asterisk next to his name forever. It remains to be seen if any larger consequences will apply. And if he can get away with it, they'd be foolish to not try the same.

And that is the core of the problem - lack of accountability. Again, we're getting the government we deserve because we the people en masse don't hold them accountable for their actions.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/23/79880995 ... -waterways

Trump Administration Cuts Back Federal Protections for Streams and Wetlands
The Environmental Protection Agency is dramatically reducing the amount of U.S. waterways that get federal protection under the Clean Water Act — a move that is welcomed by many farmers, builders and mining companies but opposed even by the agency's own science advisers.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

As more and more clips start coming from last night's rally in NJ, I'm absolutely astounded at these claims:

“Under just 3 years, my Administration has now added 12,000 new factories and many more are being built.”
We have 12,000 new factories? Making what again?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I’m more surprised that the official GOP would promote it as fact.

Ok, not that surprised.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:13 pm As more and more clips start coming from last night's rally in NJ, I'm absolutely astounded at these claims:

“Under just 3 years, my Administration has now added 12,000 new factories and many more are being built.”
Manufacturing untruths, falsities and outright lies.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:13 pm As more and more clips start coming from last night's rally in NJ, I'm absolutely astounded at these claims:

Freedom.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I thought the gubment building factories is socialism.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It’s actually kind of true.
In terms of new factories, the most recent statistics are for the second quarter of 2019.
And compared with when President Trump took office, in 2017, there were roughly 12,000 more manufacturing establishments.
Most of these are small businesses, with fewer than five employees.
The number of factories overall started to increase in 2013, during the Obama administration
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Like many others, I automatically disbelieve everything that Trump says. Instead of tracking his endless lies, WaPo or somebody should instead track his true statements. There are a lot fewer of those, and they're harder to identify.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

hepcat wrote:It’s actually kind of true.
In terms of new factories, the most recent statistics are for the second quarter of 2019.
And compared with when President Trump took office, in 2017, there were roughly 12,000 more manufacturing establishments.
The number of factories overall started to increase in 2013, during the Obama administration
I figured it was a definition trick but good on Trump for taking advantage of a statistic that is actually true for a change. Must feel quite foreign to him.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:31 pm It’s actually kind of true.
11,742 of them are dudes making microbrews in their kitchens.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT