The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

hepcat

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by hepcat »

I'm humbled that you associate the name hepcat with virility.
Covfefe!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

hepcat wrote:I'm humbled that you associate the name hepcat with virility.
He said "stopped".... "stopped".
8-)

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Your morning briefing.
Enlarge Image
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

TheMix wrote:
8-)
Silly rabbit, stopped isn't spelled stoppled.
Covfefe!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

That first Trump tweet about Joe and Mika looks like erotic twitter fiction when viewed through the Real Press Sec. twitter lens:
Hodor.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Wow. These tweets today. The man is losing his goddamn mind in front of the world. I shouldn't have to wonder how our President will embarrass the nation today...every day.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Yup, and there's no way out. At least he got to sleep in a little today. The morning twitter posts started later than usual.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Well, there is but that depends on Pence and Congress. So no chance in hell.

Or maybe those Second Amendment people. (His joke, not mine)

Fake President!
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Maybe all you need is a Twitter troll that can get him really, really angry.
https://twitter.com/morningmika/status/ ... 6371176448

I wonder if the flipped top is deliberate subtext... :think:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

hepcat wrote:
TheMix wrote:
8-)
Silly rabbit, stopped isn't spelled stoppled.
:lol:

Though then your response makes even less sense. :P

:tjg:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Trust me, sense rarely plays into anything I do or say.
Covfefe!
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

Setting aside his despicable politics, the President is clearly a man in severe mental decline. I am astonished that his children are allowing him to behave this way in public. If they loved him, they never would have let him run in the first place. Seriously, look at video of Trump speaking in 2000 and compare it to 2015.
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:17 am
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Me: Wait 12 years, when he runs for president. :-)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I am struggling with the idea that anyone in that family cares at all for anyone else, much less loves them. Until it affects their own personal finances, I doubt they care at all how he acts. And considering how he insults/abuses everyone around him, I'm guessing that growing up with him as a father wasn't much fun. So they may even be enjoying watching him decline.

Though it also seems unlikely that this won't impact them financially. Which then does make it odd that they aren't taking steps to protect their holdings.

Or maybe they dislike him so much that they don't care.

Black Lives Matter

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

It will never happen, but when this is all over, I'd love to have a public apology from every Republican who ever supported this piece of shit.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

His trophy wife knows the score. I'm guessing there's an iron clad prenup in place (probably the same one he's used every time he buys a new wife), so she's not risking anything. Of course, it makes her comments about wanting to stop cyber bullying even more hypocritical. But who needs honesty when you can collect a nice, fat paycheck for ignoring the urinating hookers in your guest room?
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

TheMix wrote:I am struggling with the idea that anyone in that family cares at all for anyone else, much less loves them. Until it affects their own personal finances, I doubt they care at all how he acts. And considering how he insults/abuses everyone around him, I'm guessing that growing up with him as a father wasn't much fun. So they may even be enjoying watching him decline.

Though it also seems unlikely that this won't impact them financially. Which then does make it odd that they aren't taking steps to protect their holdings.

Or maybe they dislike him so much that they don't care.
I still have some hope for Tiffany Trump.
Black Lives Matter.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Does this have anything to do with Bea's insatiable appetite?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Insatiable does not exist in my vocabulary.
Covfefe!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Because he ate it.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

tjg_marantz wrote:Your morning briefing.
Enlarge Image
Nice response from NBC public relations person Mark Kornblau-

Never imagined a day when I would think to myself, "it is beneath my dignity to respond to the President of the United States."
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It would be fantastic if Twitter just kicked the mangerine off their service. The thought of that moron gnashing his teeth in frustration because he can't share his every idiotic thought with his followers would keep me happy for the next 4 years.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hepcat wrote:It would be fantastic if Twitter just kicked the mangerine off their service. The thought of that moron gnashing his teeth in frustration because he can't share his every idiotic thought with his followers would keep me happy for the next 4 years.
Let the man talk. Every tweet goes into the evidence folder.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Seriously. I just heard hepcat say "It'd be great if Twitter would stop Trump from shooting himself in the foot constantly"

I think he needs more bullets, not fewer. In the public eye, he is his own worst enemy in every sense.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Holy shit. Watch this.https://twitter.com/braddjaffy/status/8 ... 3880429568
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Paingod wrote:Seriously. I just heard hepcat say "It'd be great if Twitter would stop Trump from shooting himself in the foot constantly."
But I'm still associated with virility, right?
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I must say finding out that Trump is good friends with the guy that runs the National Enquirer is one of the least surprising things I've ever heard.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

There is nothing that could surprise me at this point. It's like Rule 34 - if there's line out there or a rule of ethics or decorum, Trump will cross it.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Captain Caveman wrote:Holy shit. Watch this.https://twitter.com/braddjaffy/status/8 ... 3880429568
Do you have the time to summarize? I am at work, and realized the clip was 30+ minutes. If not, I understand completely.

Thanks
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
malchior

Post by malchior »

This man is so slimy it makes my stomach sink. The man is a complete thug. He has no scruples. He has the ethics of Putin without the smarts. Guess we got lucky there.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Freyland wrote:
Captain Caveman wrote:Holy shit. Watch this.https://twitter.com/braddjaffy/status/8 ... 3880429568
Do you have the time to summarize? I am at work, and realized the clip was 30+ minutes. If not, I understand completely.

Thanks
Quick summary:

Joe and Mika were told the National Inquirer was going to run a negative story about Mika.
Administration officials reached out to Joe saying call Trump and apologize for negative coverage on Morning Joe. If Joe did that he was told the story would be spiked.
National Inquirer was calling Mika and her children threatening a negative story.
They called the bluff and National Inquirer ran a bs story about Joe buying a lot of beer and how they got together.
Basically the President had his friend at the National Inquirer harass them to blackmail them into apologizing to him personally. (HE IS A PSYCHO)
tgb

Post by tgb »

Wait until he finds out how to use the IRS.

Oh, and Donny Deutsch rocks.
Last edited by tgb on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Captain Caveman

Freyland wrote:Do you have the time to summarize? I am at work, and realized the clip was 30+ minutes.
The clip in the tweet is about 4 and a half minutes. It's worth watching if you get the chance just to see how batshit crazy this all is.

Also, Trump recently tweeted this: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 5460344832
To which Joe Scarborough responded: https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/880773499408797697

Insanity.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Captain Caveman wrote:
Freyland wrote:Do you have the time to summarize? I am at work, and realized the clip was 30+ minutes.
The clip in the tweet is about 4 and a half minutes. It's worth watching if you get the chance just to see how batshit crazy this all is.

Also, Trump recently tweeted this: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 5460344832
To which Joe Scarborough responded: https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/880773499408797697

Insanity.
And referencing my post in the Investigation thread, nothing will come of any of it. No change, no censure, no nothing.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

malchior wrote:
Freyland wrote:

Thanks
Quick summary:

Joe and Mika were told the National Inquirer was going to run a negative story about Mika.
Administration officials reached out to Joe saying call Trump and apologize for negative coverage on Morning Joe. If Joe did that he was told the story would be spiked.
National Inquirer was calling Mika and her children threatening a negative story.
They called the bluff and National Inquirer ran a bs story about Joe buying a lot of beer and how they got together.
Basically the President had his friend at the National Inquirer harass them to blackmail them into apologizing to him personally. (HE IS A PSYCHO)
We are still talking about the National Inquirer here, right? The tabloid that is one very slight step up from stories about "Bat Boy" and "Aliens Impregnated My Wife"?

I'm struggling to understand how threatening to release a story in the Inquirer would be of any concern at all. Anyone with half a brain already knows that any story published in that mag is 99.9% fabricated BS, right?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Rip

Post by Rip »

malchior wrote:
Freyland wrote:

Thanks
Quick summary:

National Inquirer? Sounds like a great publication, where can I find it?

I'm surprised the National Enquirer hasn't sued them.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Skinypupy wrote:
malchior wrote:
Freyland wrote:

Thanks
Quick summary:

We are still talking about the National Inquirer here, right? The tabloid that is one very slight step up from stories about "Bat Boy" and "Aliens Impregnated My Wife"?

I'm struggling to understand how threatening to release a story in the Inquirer would be of any concern at all. Anyone with half a brain already knows that any story published in that mag is 99.9% fabricated BS, right?
That is exactly what Gary Hart, John Edwards, OJ, and Rush Limbaugh said.....
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Remember when conservatives said Hillary Clinton had mental issues every time she stumbled over a word or paused in her speech? Yeah.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rip wrote:
malchior wrote:Basically the President had his friend at the National Inquirer harass them to blackmail them into apologizing to him personally. (HE IS A PSYCHO)
National Inquirer? Sounds like a great publication, where can I find it?

I'm surprised the National Enquirer hasn't sued them.
Bringing your A-game this morning, I see.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Captain Caveman

Skinypupy wrote:

Besides having a huge readership and being more influential in shaping opinion than you might think (depressing, I know), they also are a go-to source for our President. Remember the whole "Cruz's dad helped kill JFK" nonsense Trump promoted? That was in the Enquirer. And for awhile now the Enquirer has been relentlessly pushing pro-Trump spin and stories, and fanned anti-Clinton conspiracies during the campaign. Here's a deep dive into the Trump-Enquirer partnership and it's effects: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/ ... -for-trump

And I almost forgot this story about the Enquirer paying top dollar during the campaign for the rights to a Playboy model's accusation of an affair with Trump in order to kill the story and not let it get out elsewhere: https://www.wsj.com/articles/national-e ... 1478309380
Last edited by Captain Caveman on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Where's that great "voice for women", Ivanka, in all this?