The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Defiant

Re: The Former Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Defiant »

Spoiler:
Trump has now established the "Office of the Former President," which is run by former White House aides and "will be responsible for managing President Trump’s correspondence, public statements, appearances, and official activities" from Palm Beach, Florida.
"THE" former President? Does someone want to tell him he's not the only?
People should keep contacting the office and demand to speak to Obama.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:23 pm
YellowKing wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:12 pm I must say, seeing the Republican party in a "no-win" situation is quite satisfying after the last 4 years.
Unfortunately it's not really a "no win" situation. They'll endure a couple months of uncomfortable press stories associated with Trump, will probably acquit him, and either way will probably be favored to retake at least one chamber of Congress in 2022, especially after a new round of gerrymandering and voter suppression laws.
The economy will probably be in the shitter as well. Nevermind as a result of GOP policies and the Trump Administration. Bad economy never favors the current incumbents.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:26 pm
El Guapo wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:23 pm
YellowKing wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:12 pm I must say, seeing the Republican party in a "no-win" situation is quite satisfying after the last 4 years.
Unfortunately it's not really a "no win" situation. They'll endure a couple months of uncomfortable press stories associated with Trump, will probably acquit him, and either way will probably be favored to retake at least one chamber of Congress in 2022, especially after a new round of gerrymandering and voter suppression laws.
The economy will probably be in the shitter as well. Nevermind as a result of GOP policies and the Trump Administration. Bad economy never favors the current incumbents.
I think the economy's more ambiguous at this point. Could be doing well in 2022 if vaccinations and good government improve the Covid situation, especially if they also pass significant relief package(s).
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The country was pretty much on fire when Bush left and was good when Obama left. That didn't do us much good. We ended up with someone 10 times worse than Bush.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The crazy people down the street from my work took down their Trump shrine. I wonder if they are storing it all for a 2024 run? Wish I had gotten a picture because it was batshit insane.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Google street view?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Good idea, but I just checked and they didn't have anything up the last time the street was scanned. :cry:

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Any clock icon?

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya no I just checked and in 2019 they had nothing up. That means they tossed that all up for this election. They didn't have anything up in 2016 either.

Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I should see if the guy two streets over still has his Vdare Lion/Trump flag up or not.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

The nearby-ish house that had a giant "Hillary for Prison" sign up in 2016 didn't put up anything in 2020. I'd like to think that he realized his craziness in the time since, but probably they either just have a heavy dose of misogyny or they moved.
Black Lives Matter.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Octavious wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:32 pm Ya no I just checked and in 2019 they had nothing up. That means they tossed that all up for this election. They didn't have anything up in 2016 either.
Just keep a mental note of who's most likely to try and cannibalize your family if there's ever a national famine.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

This account of Flynn and Powell trying to convince Trump to accelerate the coup attempt is just...batshit.
Flynn went berserk. The former three-star general, whom Trump had fired as his first national security after he was caught lying to the FBI (and later pardoned), stood up and turned from the Resolute Desk to face Herschmann.

"You're quitting! You're a quitter! You're not fighting!” he exploded at the senior adviser. Flynn then turned to the president, and implored: "Sir, we need fighters."

Herschmann ignored Flynn at first and continued to probe Powell's pitch with questions about the underlying evidence. "All you do is promise, but never deliver," he said to her sharply.

Flynn was ranting, seemingly infuriated about anyone challenging Powell, who had represented him in his recent legal battles.

Finally Herschmann had enough. "Why the fuck do you keep standing up and screaming at me?" he shot back at Flynn. "If you want to come over here, come over here. If not, sit your ass down." Flynn sat back down.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:38 am This account of Flynn and Powell trying to convince Trump to accelerate the coup attempt is just...batshit.
Flynn went berserk. The former three-star general, whom Trump had fired as his first national security after he was caught lying to the FBI (and later pardoned), stood up and turned from the Resolute Desk to face Herschmann.

"You're quitting! You're a quitter! You're not fighting!” he exploded at the senior adviser. Flynn then turned to the president, and implored: "Sir, we need fighters."

Herschmann ignored Flynn at first and continued to probe Powell's pitch with questions about the underlying evidence. "All you do is promise, but never deliver," he said to her sharply.

Flynn was ranting, seemingly infuriated about anyone challenging Powell, who had represented him in his recent legal battles.

Finally Herschmann had enough. "Why the fuck do you keep standing up and screaming at me?" he shot back at Flynn. "If you want to come over here, come over here. If not, sit your ass down." Flynn sat back down.
That has to be fan fic, right?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Holman

Post by Holman »

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the Tweet room!!"
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

That random house now has an upside flag nailed.to the house and some bizzaro Trump message in the window. Their neighbors are super close distance wise. Must be fun...

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Octavious wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:37 pm That random house now has an upside flag nailed.to the house and some bizzaro Trump message in the window. Their neighbors are super close distance wise. Must be fun...
To be fair, if Trump had won (or lost, and remained), I would likely have flown an upside down flag myself.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I have heard that Florida Man has demanded that he consistently be referred to as "The 45th President" and not "Former President"
Black Lives Matter

Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Paingod wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:29 am I have heard that Florida Man has demanded that he consistently be referred to as "The 45th President" and not "Former President"
I have heard that, at least for the time being, I am now at liberty to not give a flying fuck what the Florida Man says or does. :D
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

The headline should be:

FLORIDA MAN CLAIMS HE IS THE PRESIDENT
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:56 pm The headline should be:

TWICE IMPEACHED FLORIDA-BASED SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCER CLAIMS HE IS THE PRESIDENT
Fixed
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Are you still a social media influencer when you've been banned from social media?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

TWICE IMPEACHED FLORIDA-BASED FORMER SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCER CLAIMS HE IS THE PRESIDENT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:42 am TWICE IMPEACHED FLORIDA-BASED FORMER SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCER CLAIMS HE IS THE PRESIDENT DESPITE HAVING BEEN FIRED FROM THE PRESIDENCY
FTFY
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

FLORIDA PEACH LOOKS LIKE AN ASS

News at 11.
Black Lives Matter

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:42 am TWICE IMPEACHED FLORIDA-BASED FORMER SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCER CLAIMS HE IS THE PRESIDENT
LURV it!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Paingod wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:50 am FLORIDA PEACH LOOKS LIKE AN ASS

News at 11.
You know, I can ignore a peach for years.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Guardian
The Palm Beach town council spent close to seven hours on Tuesday considering issues important to the wealthy island community: the availability of the coronavirus vaccine.
Each agenda item provoked a litany of questions, comments and observations, except one: whether the former US president may continue living at his Mar-a-Lago club.

Though presumably the most contentious among residents and of the most interest nationally and internationally, the issue took up no more than a half-hour of the council’s time – at the meeting’s end.

The five-member council took no action on the question, which was placed on the agenda because of neighbors’ complaints that Trump’s presence would hurt property values.

It’s unclear if the council will address the issue further, although an attorney representing the residents asked – with no response – that he be allowed to give a fuller presentation in April. The neighbors could also sue the town and Mar-a-Lago.

The town attorney, Skip Randolph, said there was nothing in the club’s 1993 agreement with Palm Beach that prohibits Trump from residing there.
He and Trump’s attorney John Marion said the town permits clubs and resorts to provide onsite housing for their employees and Trump, as Mar-a-Lago’s president, fits the bill.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Enlarge Image

Trump Hotel Employees Reveal What It Was Really Like Catering to the Right Wing Elite
Now veterans of the place [Trump Hotel restaurant BLT Prime] are opening up about what it was really like behind the curtains of “America’s Living Room,” where right-wing operatives were treated like celebrities and political power determined the seating chart. If you weren’t in the business of Making America Great Again, well, sweetheart, you quickly learned to fake it. Working for the Trump hotel meant putting on a performance every night—right down to the gummy bears and popcorn.
It's less salacious than one might wish, but still an entertaining read.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Trump always had the same thing: shrimp cocktail, well-done steak
Well done steak? We don't need any more proof that the man is a monster.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

malchior wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:03 pm
Trump always had the same thing: shrimp cocktail, well-done steak
Well done steak? We don't need any more proof that the man is a monster.
It's the only way you can chew a Trump steak.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Hates dogs and eats well done steaks? Hitler was more likeable.
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

The germophobe stuff is the weirdest. Don't touch the top half of the bottle. Make sure the seal pops on the ketchup.

That's late-period Howard Hughes territory.

And the 2,500-calorie dinner menu is easily Baron Harkonnen.
malchior

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by malchior »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:32 am
Holman wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:21 am

I’m not 100% sure Trump’s trial will go his way in the Senate.
Chao and McConnell are scum. They will forever have the Trump taint, no matter how they try to revise history. Damage done, fuck them both.
More evidence she is a lowlife - she directed personnel to support her father's shipping company while Secretary of Transportation. The case was referred to the DOJ which declined to open an investigation. That's utterly pathetic.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

What an absolute twat he is.

The White House has returned paintings of Bill Clinton and George W. Bush to prominent locations in the Grand Foyer after Donald Trump hid them in a room used for storage.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

If he hid those, did he shred Obama's? I can't believe he'd have left it up given his vast insecurities around Obama.
Black Lives Matter

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:43 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:32 am
Holman wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:21 am

I’m not 100% sure Trump’s trial will go his way in the Senate.
Chao and McConnell are scum. They will forever have the Trump taint, no matter how they try to revise history. Damage done, fuck them both.
More evidence she is a lowlife - she directed personnel to support her father's shipping company while Secretary of Transportation. The case was referred to the DOJ which declined to open an investigation. That's utterly pathetic.

Well, her dad did give the loving couple $20M as a wedding present. That has to buy some extra loyalty.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

Paingod wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:01 am If he hid those, did he shred Obama's? I can't believe he'd have left it up given his vast insecurities around Obama.
The official home for presidential portraits is the National Portrait Gallery. Presumably Obama had Clinton's and Bush's brought to the WH for display. This means putting them in storage was an especially dick move, as they could just as easily have been returned to the Smithsonian.

If Trump ever asked for Obama's portrait, I hope the Gallery wouldn't let him get his hands on it.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Speaking of presidential portraits, you might recall that Obama's was controversial for its untraditional style.

But TIL I learned that a number of the gallery's presidential portraits are untraditional in various ways. I'm really into this painting of FDR:

Enlarge Image
malchior

Post by malchior »

Holman wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:25 am Speaking of presidential portraits, you might recall that Obama's was controversial for its untraditional style.

I pick up a strong The Magician's vibe from it for some reason.