The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Captain Caveman

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Captain Caveman »

Dreamers and fathers married to a US Citizen are now being deported. These are the "bad hombres" and "the worst of the worst"?

Edit: And another one: "ICE Plans To Deport Oregon Immigrant With 5 Children, No Criminal Background".

This just so sickening and so cruel. Families are going to be completely destroyed... I can't imagine how much harm four years of this will do to our country.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Smoove_B wrote:Definitely go back and read stuff from last summer. It certainly makes all these new stories much more interesting. But then again, the election is over and maybe we should just forget all this noise and move on - there are laws to repeal and justices to appoint.
I understand that maybe Trump depends on Russian money for his business empire. I understand that Manafort and Carter Page have been made rich by Russian connections, and Flynn seems to have profited too. I have no doubt that Roger Stone sleeps on a bed of freshly laundered Russian mob cash.

But what about conservative ideologues like Sessions? Obviously he has never had a reason to care about Trump's hotels, and he seems to have done well for himself in Alabama without owning a dacha at Yalta. But his tone on Putin shifted rapidly after he joined the Trump campaign, and his meetings with the ambassador coincide with the period of the campaign's radical Russophilia on sanctions and Ukraine. Why? What could make a conservative Southern senator sell his soul to Vladimir Putin in 2016...?

Well, at least we know they didn't discuss the election fight against Clinton and the Democrats. Sessions swears they didn't.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Smoove_B wrote:In a move that likely surprises no one, a watchdog group is alleging the Trump campaign is illegally using donations:
The Campaign Legal Center and left-leaning non-profit Common Cause allege that the campaign violated federal election laws designed to prevent campaigns from circumventing contribution limits. The groups are accusing Team Trump of attributing donations for his 2020 campaign—yes, he’s already a declared candidate—to his previous, 2016 run, freeing up donors to give more down the line.

By earmarking those donations for debt reduction, the campaign classified them as 2016 receipts, meaning those contributions will not count towards the donors’ 2020 contribution limits.
At least financial crime is a nice change of pace, right?
Look, any questionable financial moves made by Trump as a private citizen aren't relevant because they weren't a breach of any kind of public trust. I've been assured that once Trump takes office, everything will be above board.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Holman wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:Definitely go back and read stuff from last summer. It certainly makes all these new stories much more interesting. But then again, the election is over and maybe we should just forget all this noise and move on - there are laws to repeal and justices to appoint.
I understand that maybe Trump depends on Russian money for his business empire. I understand that Manafort and Carter Page have been made rich by Russian connections, and Flynn seems to have profited too. I have no doubt that Roger Stone sleeps on a bed of freshly laundered Russian mob cash.

But what about conservative ideologues like Sessions? Obviously he has never had a reason to care about Trump's hotels, and he seems to have done well for himself in Alabama without owning a dacha at Yalta. But his tone on Putin shifted rapidly after he joined the Trump campaign, and his meetings with the ambassador coincide with the period of the campaign's radical Russophilia on sanctions and Ukraine. Why? What could make a conservative Southern senator sell his soul to Vladimir Putin in 2016...?

Well, at least we know they didn't discuss the election fight against Clinton and the Democrats. Sessions swears they didn't.
Perhaps he'll be getting some stock options in the future... anonymously of course.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 09406.html

Thanks Obama. Although, we've needed Visas to enter Mexico for like a decade or longer, even with NAFTA, so to me it doesn't feel like a big deal beyond the obvious change 1) away from globalist utopia and 2) toward bad hombre diplomacy, which are pretty ugly changes.

Also, I note the hostility toward my note of something positive in Trump's speech. I got nuthin'.
Last edited by LordMortis on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

LordMortis wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 09406.html

Thanks Obama. Although, we've needed Visas to enter Mexico for like a decade or longer, even with NAFTA, so to me it doesn't feel like a big deal beyond the obvious change 1) away from globalist utopia and 2) toward bad hombre diplomacy, which are pretty ugly changes.
If this becomes a requirement, it will be a massive blow to the cruise industry.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

You reap what you sow I guess
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Vorret wrote:You reap what you sow I guess
'

FYI, this has nothing to do with Trump.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Rip

Post by Rip »

Holman wrote:While Trump was inventing imaginary terrorism in Sweden after dismissing concerns about rising antisemitism as Fake, there has been another wave of bomb threats and vandalism against Jewish centers across the U.S.
For some of these organizations, it was not the first threat made in recent weeks. There have now been at least 67 incidents at 56 Jewish Community Centers in 27 states and one Canadian province since the start of 2017, Cohen told The Huffington Post.
It's way more important to stand with Bowling Green and Sweden, though.

EDIT: The Press Secretary just issued a brief statement condemning the violence, including "The President has made it abundantly clear that these actions are unacceptable."

Has he, really?
Surprise, surprise. They arrested someone for bomb threats to Jewish Community Centers, Jewish schools and other Jewish organizations and they are an anti-Trumper.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/03/anti- ... b-threats/
Last edited by Rip on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Grifman wrote:
'

FYI, he didn't state that it did.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Grifman wrote:
'

I took it as being implied, you may think differently.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

So much for that twitter streak. Seriously how can someone lead a country if they can't stop tweeting like a 12 year old girl? This is such a f'n joke. I swear I will dance in the streets if they ever directly connect him to the Russians. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Rip wrote:
Holman wrote:While Trump was inventing imaginary terrorism in Sweden after dismissing concerns about rising antisemitism as Fake, there has been another wave of bomb threats and vandalism against Jewish centers across the U.S.
For some of these organizations, it was not the first threat made in recent weeks. There have now been at least 67 incidents at 56 Jewish Community Centers in 27 states and one Canadian province since the start of 2017, Cohen told The Huffington Post.

EDIT: The Press Secretary just issued a brief statement condemning the violence, including "The President has made it abundantly clear that these actions are unacceptable."

Has he, really?
Surprise, surprise. They arrested someone for bomb threats to Jewish Community Centers, Jewish schools and other Jewish organizations and they are an anti-Trumper.

If you look at his twitter feed, he's anti-pretty-much-everything. He's even anti-Clinton. :) https://twitter.com/JuanMThompson/statu ... 8708573185

From what I see on not-Tucker-Carlson's-propoganda-platform, it sounds like he did it as a crazy scheme to harass a woman he was stalking, not as a crazy scheme to make Trump look bad.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
malchior

Post by malchior »

That Trump tweet indicates a lot of things. First off - the loonie conspiracy theory sites were the ones digging that old picture up. So once again our President takes his cues from fringe news sources. Second - that was a meeting in 2003. Pretty early in the Putin years - certainly well before the political murders really started to add up. So it's relevance to several Trumpers lying about meeting with Russian's...is what? But it'll play with the dipshits who lap up this garbage.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Fourteen weeks versus fourteen years. Why should the realities of time impinge on their thought processes any more than evidence and logic?
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Rip wrote:*snip

The story I read said he was linked to 8 of the threats. It's a good start but there are still 92 more to go since the start of the year.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Archinerd wrote:

The story I read said he was linked to 8 of the threats. It's a good start but there are still 92 more to go since the start of the year.
The guy who got caught was a communist so all of them *must* be the same just like the great leader said!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Grifman wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Grifman wrote:
'

I took it as being implied, you may think differently.
I did imply it by virtue of putting in this thread. The problem goes back into the Obama administration but given the US evolving policy on immigration in the last few months and...
Australia, Brunei, Japan and Canada were also failing in their obligations, but all four have lifted, or are soon to lift, any visa restrictions on travel for EU citizens.

The Commission is legally obliged to act to suspend the visa waiver for Americans, but the European Parliament or the Council of the European Union have the chance to object to the “delegated act” it uses to do so.

In December, MEPs pressed for the move in order to “encourage” Washington to play its part, according to a statement by the parliament.

But Migration Commissioner Dimitris Avramopoulos warned of “consequences”, including potential “retaliation” and a drop in visitor numbers precipitating substantial losses for the continent’s tourism industry.
“This type of scheme is generally there to help enhance security. To get to know as much as possible about the people who are intending to travel.
Trump is knee deep in it even if he is not the proximate cause.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LordMortis wrote:Trump is knee deep in it even if he is not the proximate cause.
Would you go so far to suggest he is knee deep in the hoopla? I do wonder what Trump thinks of Marconi.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

DJT wrote:While she's off to the serving her country, he's giving it to other chicks
Hey Marconi
(It's funnier with basic synthesized Latino hustle music behind it... and sung in Spanish )
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Rip wrote:Surprise, surprise. They arrested someone for bomb threats to Jewish Community Centers, Jewish schools and other Jewish organizations and they are an anti-Trumper.
You're seriously excited that the one of the people accused of delivering threats is just a garden-variety asshole and not a Pro-Trumper? That's the best news you can muster from "Go Team Trump!" ... ? Good odds that this asshole simply thought it would be a good time because of the environment Trump has fostered, despite not being a rabid supporter. He's more of an opportunist leeching off Trump's evil.

You're right. That's cause to :dance:
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Nobody loves the environment more than Trump

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/201 ... _cuts.html
The White House is proposing to slash Environmental Protection Agency funding that pays for Great Lakes pollution cleanup by 97 percent, according to a budget document obtained by the National Association of Clean Air Agencies.

The potential cuts are part of President Donald Trump's initial 2018 budget proposal, detailed in a U.S. Office of Management and Budget "passback" to the EPA that outlines drastic cuts to an agency Trump has called a "job killer" and promised to reduce to "tidbits" as a candidate.

The proposal would virtually eliminate annual Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI) funding, slashing it from $300 million to $10 million among other cuts that would altogether reduce the EPA's total budget by a quarter.
I'm sure the Great Lakes will continue to be oh so glad we generally swung Red.

On the bright side when we're done I won't much give a shit about preserving anything any more. There is no Conserve in conservative, I guess.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

It's all part of our renewable energy plans. When the Great Lakes become flammable, we'll start harvesting that to fuel the booming industrial machines.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

So Trump called out Schumer for meeting Putin, called him a hypocrite. He really a fucking shit gibbon. Schumer had the perfect reply.

Enlarge Image
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Rip wrote:

Has he, really?

Well then fist bumps are obviously in order all 'round!
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Archinerd wrote:

He also did it in his own name so it's not much of a get.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Rip wrote:

Has he, really?

Where is the evidence he is anti-Trump or communist?
Rip

Post by Rip »

Paingod wrote:
Rip wrote:Surprise, surprise. They arrested someone for bomb threats to Jewish Community Centers, Jewish schools and other Jewish organizations and they are an anti-Trumper.
You're seriously excited that the one of the people accused of delivering threats is just a garden-variety asshole and not a Pro-Trumper? That's the best news you can muster from "Go Team Trump!" ... ? Good odds that this asshole simply thought it would be a good time because of the environment Trump has fostered, despite not being a rabid supporter. He's more of an opportunist leeching off Trump's evil.

You're right. That's cause to :dance:
:violin:

Dance on.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Alefroth wrote:
Rip wrote:

Has he, really?

Where is the evidence he is anti-Trump or communist?
Calls Trump a fascist then proceeds to call bomb threats into Jewish schools.

Has the DNC found their next leader?
Rip

Post by Rip »

So what are the two meetings that Sessions had? The first came at a conference on “Global Partners in Diplomacy,” where Sessions was the keynote speaker. Sponsored by the U.S. State Department, The Heritage Foundation, and several other organizations, it was held in Cleveland during the Republican National Convention.

The conference was an educational program for ambassadors invited by the Obama State Department to observe the convention. The Obama State Department handled all of the coordination with ambassadors and their staff, of which there were about 100 at the conference.

Apparently, after Sessions finished speaking, a small group of ambassadors—including the Russian ambassador—approached the senator as he left the stage and thanked him for his remarks. That’s the first “meeting.” And it’s hardly an occasion—much less a venue—in when a conspiracy to “interfere” with the November election could be hatched.

Sessions also apparently met with the Russian ambassador in September. But on that occasion, Sessions was acting as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, not as a surrogate for the Trump campaign. That’s why the meeting was held in his Senate office. His DOJ spokesperson, Sarah Isgur Flores, says they discussed relations between the two countries – not the election.

There was nothing unusual about this: Sessions met with more than two dozen ambassadors during 2016, including the Ukrainian ambassador the day before the meeting with the Russian ambassador.
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/03/03 ... mbassador/

Much ado about nothing.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Rip wrote: Calls Trump a fascist then proceeds to call bomb threats into Jewish schools.

Has the DNC found their next leader?
Not buying it. That's just what a Trump supporter pretending to be anti-Trump would say.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Alefroth wrote: Not buying it. That's just what a Trump supporter pretending to be anti-Trump would say.
:lol:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rip wrote:
So what are the two meetings that Sessions had? The first came at a conference on “Global Partners in Diplomacy,” where Sessions was the keynote speaker. Sponsored by the U.S. State Department, The Heritage Foundation, and several other organizations, it was held in Cleveland during the Republican National Convention.

The conference was an educational program for ambassadors invited by the Obama State Department to observe the convention. The Obama State Department handled all of the coordination with ambassadors and their staff, of which there were about 100 at the conference.

Apparently, after Sessions finished speaking, a small group of ambassadors—including the Russian ambassador—approached the senator as he left the stage and thanked him for his remarks. That’s the first “meeting.” And it’s hardly an occasion—much less a venue—in when a conspiracy to “interfere” with the November election could be hatched.

Sessions also apparently met with the Russian ambassador in September. But on that occasion, Sessions was acting as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, not as a surrogate for the Trump campaign. That’s why the meeting was held in his Senate office. His DOJ spokesperson, Sarah Isgur Flores, says they discussed relations between the two countries – not the election.

There was nothing unusual about this: Sessions met with more than two dozen ambassadors during 2016, including the Ukrainian ambassador the day before the meeting with the Russian ambassador.
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/03/03 ... mbassador/

Much ado about nothing.
And yet there's the third meeting at the convention:
The Trump administration says Attorney General Jeff Sessions was acting as a then-U.S. senator when he talked to Russia’s ambassador at an event during last year’s Republican National Convention in Cleveland, but Mr. Sessions paid for convention travel expenses out of his own political funds and he spoke about Donald Trump’s campaign at the event, according to a person at the event and campaign-finance records.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

That and the whole "lying about it under oath" thing.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Skinypupy wrote:That and the whole "lying about it under oath" thing.
I'm just going to defer to the GOP leadership here and allow them to voice their opinions on these latest developments. So yeah, if Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell want to jump in here and describe their party's feelings about the five or so individuals that are part of the Trump administration that also seemingly have ties with Russia, I'll be listening. Any time now. Any time. I mean, I understand they're really busy right now, but if they could possibly spend a few minutes commenting on it, that would be great.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Max Peck wrote:The pipelines are back on, as long as they are built with American steel.
Or whomever's...
President Trump’s pledge that new pipeline projects will use “American steel” will not apply to the Keystone XL project, according to media reports, directly contradicting the president’s own words last week.

Politico reported late Thursday night that a White House spokeswoman explained that the project, which has been in the works for the past decade, does not count as a “new” or “retrofitted” pipeline, and therefore is not subject to Mr. Trump’s made-in-America requirement.
Last month, in a meeting with leading CEOs at the White House, Mr. Trump explicitly told Mario Longhi, the CEO of U.S. Steel Corporation, that Keystone would use American materials.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Anyone want to guess who is back in Florida for the 4th time since taking control of the White House six weeks ago? Like a well-oiled machine.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Rip wrote:[...]

Much ado about nothing.
And yet there's the third meeting at the convention:
The Trump administration says Attorney General Jeff Sessions was acting as a then-U.S. senator when he talked to Russia’s ambassador at an event during last year’s Republican National Convention in Cleveland, but Mr. Sessions paid for convention travel expenses out of his own political funds and he spoke about Donald Trump’s campaign at the event, according to a person at the event and campaign-finance records.
And Paul Manafort. And Carter Page. And Mike Flynn. And Jared Kushner. And Michael Cohen. And Felix Sater.

But those are all the high level contacts between Trump's people and Russia.

That we know about.

So far.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Smoove_B wrote:Anyone want to guess who is back in Florida for the 4th time since taking control of the White House six weeks ago? Like a well-oiled machine.
Look, those Russian guys are really driving him nuts with all their demands. Sheesh, let the guy have a minute of peace and quiet!
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Max Peck wrote:The pipelines are back on, as long as they are built with American steel.
Or whomever's...
President Trump’s pledge that new pipeline projects will use “American steel” will not apply to the Keystone XL project, according to media reports, directly contradicting the president’s own words last week.

Politico reported late Thursday night that a White House spokeswoman explained that the project, which has been in the works for the past decade, does not count as a “new” or “retrofitted” pipeline, and therefore is not subject to Mr. Trump’s made-in-America requirement.
Last month, in a meeting with leading CEOs at the White House, Mr. Trump explicitly told Mario Longhi, the CEO of U.S. Steel Corporation, that Keystone would use American materials.
So, essentially this is a paper rule that won't effect anything until after his first term?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.