Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by malchior »

SNL usually has some light touch politics but found this to be a good snippet of the zeitgeist right now. I don't even think it was all that funny...but still worth it because at least we're talking about how broken we are. We're starting to at least get to a level of acceptance that many things (nearly everything?) are broken. Maybe hitting rock bottom is enough to get us going again.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

You have to be fucking kidding me.
Donald Trump’s former Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s wife Louise Linton is making her directorial debut, and her upcoming film only highlights how truly disconnected from the world she is. Linton wrote, directed, produced, and starred in the new film Me You Madness and plays opposite of Gossip Girl’s Ed Westwick

Remember, Linton was one of the spoils for Mnuchin who married her after he ascended to the Treasury job. Don't even want to think about where funding for this ego flick came from..
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:06 pm

You have to be fucking kidding me.
Donald Trump’s former Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s wife Louise Linton is making her directorial debut, and her upcoming film only highlights how truly disconnected from the world she is. Linton wrote, directed, produced, and starred in the new film Me You Madness and plays opposite of Gossip Girl’s Ed Westwick

Remember, Linton was one of the spoils for Mnuchin who married her after he ascended to the Treasury job. Don't even want to think about where funding for this ego flick came from..
A little digging shows the production company Stormchaser Pictures is one she started back in 2012 with her brothers and the movie is reported to be 'self-financed'. Sounds about right.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think Birdemic has a better cast.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It was Mnuchin's third wedding and Linton's second.
I suppose they both knew what the score was.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

malchior wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:27 pm A little digging shows the production company Stormchaser Pictures is one she started back in 2012 with her brothers and the movie is reported to be 'self-financed'. Sounds about right.
I'm guessing that the losses will be carried by the company while the props (cars, dresses, jewelry, hundreds of shoes) will be granted to the the "artists" involved.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

They just write it off...
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

He/Him/His/Porcupine
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

stimpy wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:31 am i has mittens i is privilged
I only skimmed. But that is one of the most ridiculous and absurd things I've read in a long time. There are plenty of poor people in Vermont. And I guarantee that the majority of them would have shown up in a "puffy" coat and mittens. Because it was cold. And they own warm clothes. Because most Vermonters know how to dress sensibly in winter.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

TheMix wrote:
I only skimmed. But that is one of the most ridiculous and absurd things I've read in a long time. There are plenty of poor people in Vermont. And I guarantee that the majority of them would have shown up in a "puffy" coat and mittens. Because it was cold. And they own warm clothes. Because most Vermonters know how to dress sensibly in winter.
Particarly when the article could more accurately be titled "One lady in San Fransisco wrote a ridiculius op-ed and was immediatelt called on it while SanFrancisco has a larger problem with tone deaf progressivism."

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

TheMix wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:43 am
The hilarious thing to me is the guy sitting right next to him in the picture is wearing almost the exact same coat.
So it has to be the mittens!!!!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Combustible Lemur wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:59 am
TheMix wrote:
Particarly when the article could more accurately be titled "One lady in San Fransisco wrote a ridiculius op-ed and was immediatelt called on it while SanFrancisco has a larger problem with tone deaf progressivism."

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That would definitely have been a better title. At least in my opinion. I'm not actually sure what stimpy was trying to say with his title. Hopefully he was also deriding her for the absurdity that mittens equals white privilege.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

stimpy wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:09 am
The hilarious thing to me is the guy sitting right next to him in the picture is wearing almost the exact same coat.
So it has to be the mittens!!!!!
Okay. So we are on the same page. :happy-partydance:

Black Lives Matter

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

What a ridiculous diatribe. If he'd worn snow boots, I can only imagine the writer would've compared him to Hitler. To some people with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
He won. Period.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hepcat wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:17 pm What a ridiculous diatribe. If he'd worn snow boots, I can only imagine the writer would've compared him to Hitler. To some people with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
This person is educating our youth......frightening.....
He/Him/His/Porcupine
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:17 pm What a ridiculous diatribe. If he'd worn snow boots, I can only imagine the writer would've compared him to Hitler. To some people with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
A hammer and sickle, Comrade Hepcat. A hammer and sickle.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Mittens are for elitists. We should round them all up and burn them in a national bonfire (mittens, not the Elitists, unless you were ALSO thinking about burning the Elitists...?!)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

stimpy wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:12 pm
Well, at least they're not teaching them the Trump administration's 1776 Report. That would be even worse.
He won. Period.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hepcat wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:44 pm
stimpy wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:12 pm
Well, at least they're not teaching them the Trump administration's 1776 Report. That would be even worse.
I read that report. Not one mention of mittens. Very disappointing.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Congratulations then, you're now indoctrinated. Your copy of Birth of a Nation from the Lindsay Graham Collection will ship shortly.
He won. Period.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I only skimmed.
Why do you even?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

As a resident of the lower peninsula of Michigan I resent all this disparaging discourse surrounding "mittens".
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

And now "mitten shaming" is a thing. Be best!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:13 pm
I only skimmed.
Why do you even?
Apparently in order to offend you? Or maybe because I'm working and busy, so I read enough to get the basic idea of the piece without feeling the need to read every word. But if it's that important to you that every word be consumed and analyzed, I'll simply forego looking at any articles until I am retired and have sufficient time. Sheesh.

Black Lives Matter

stessier

Post by stessier »

TheMix wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:01 pm
I only skimmed.
Why do you even?
Apparently in order to offend you? Or maybe because I'm working and busy, so I read enough to get the basic idea of the piece without feeling the need to read every word. But if it's that important to you that every word be consumed and analyzed, I'll simply forego looking at any articles until I am retired and have sufficient time. Sheesh.
I think you mistook his criticism.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I only skimmed.
Why do you even?
I could be wrong, but I have a feeling this may be more about why bother indulging my posts or some blah blah like that.......
He/Him/His/Porcupine
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

stimpy wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:23 pm
I only skimmed.
Why do you even?
I could be wrong, but I have a feeling this may be more about why bother indulging my posts or some blah blah like that.......
Oh. If so, then I really misread things. For the record, I often can't tell where you are coming from. But I definitely haven't put you into the "ignore and don't bother" category. So you must still be doing some things right. :)

Black Lives Matter

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The only person I've ever put on ignore was myself. And I'm still afraid I'll find out about it and get offended.

But yeah, I think that's what he was referring to. However, I'm not a big fan of folks telling others not to engage with someone. That asshole hepcat does it frequently.
He won. Period.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

hepcat wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:28 pm The only person I've ever put on ignore was myself. And I'm still afraid I'll find out about it and get offended.

But yeah, I think that's what he was referring to. However, I'm not a big fan of folks telling others not to engage with someone. That asshole hepcat does it frequently.
Luckily he'll never see your comment. Unless some other asshole comes along and quotes it.... 8-)

Black Lives Matter

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

TheMix wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:25 pm
stimpy wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:23 pm
I only skimmed.
Why do you even?
Oh. If so, then I really misread things. For the record, I often can't tell where you are coming from. But I definitely haven't put you into the "ignore and don't bother" category. So you must still be doing some things right. :)
Eh....alot of times I don't know where I'm coming from, but I post what I feel like posting. IT"S MITTENS!!!!!
The fact that my posts bother some to such a degree that they are unwilling to even read them makes me agree that I must be doing some things right......lol.
Last edited by stimpy on Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The fact that it bothers some is actually the sole draw for you.
He won. Period.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hepcat wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:34 pm The fact that it bothers some is actually the sole draw for you.
Yes. Busted. That was my sole purpose of linking that story. I am dead set on bothering the anti-mitten crowd here......

VIVA LA MINTONES!!!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You're a gloves guy. We get it.
He won. Period.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

By the way, this was a perfect example of not understanding where you were coming from. You changed the title of the link to make it more.... I don't know. I couldn't tell if you were making fun of the woman and the content, or if you were actually agreeing with her that Bernie is all about white privilege. Which is also why many people in these parts are against drive-by linking. If you had put a sentence or two in addition to the link, then there would have been less confusion.

Black Lives Matter

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hepcat wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:38 pm You're a gloves guy. We get it.
Wearing kid gloves is mandatory for some of the snowflakes around here, I guess......
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

TheMix wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:40 pm By the way, this was a perfect example of not understanding where you were coming from. You changed the title of the link to make it more.... I don't know. I couldn't tell if you were making fun of the woman and the content, or if you were actually agreeing with her that Bernie is all about white privilege. Which is also why many people in these parts are against drive-by linking. If you had put a sentence or two in addition to the link, then there would have been less confusion.
I guess. But I thought the way I worded the link kind of made it clear I was making fun of her and the story.
Probably should have went with "haz" rather than 'has".
Last edited by stimpy on Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

stimpy wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:41 pm
Wearing kid gloves is mandatory for some of the snowflakes around here, I guess......
Thank you for (most likely unwittingly) proving my initial point. :lol:
Last edited by hepcat on Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Mittens vs gloves isn't really about the snow. It's about how cold it is. Although, colder generally means less snow. So maybe it is about the snow...

I will say that I generally found it easier to make snowballs with gloves.

Black Lives Matter

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hepcat wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:43 pm
Thank you for proving my initial point. :lol:
What's even funnier is I post a simple link about some crazy woman equating mittens to privilege and THIS is the response I get........
You guys are so impartial and nonjudgemental........
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol: :lol: :lol: your response to "you're a gloves guy" is to insult a bunch of people...then get mad when someone points it out? :lol: :lol: :lol:

you are a treasure, stimpy.
He won. Period.