Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Rip

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by Rip »

Daehawk wrote:Oh my God! We're still on Fucktard Ridge. We never got off!

For some reason Fucktard Ridge came to mind thinking of the election and all the stuff thats happened since.
I would posit that Fucktard Ridge was what started all this craziness.

:shhh:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

An Occurrence at Fucktard Ridge.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Enough

Post by Enough »

My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Can't even remember what happened at Fucktard Ridge without turning it into an alt-Fact. Sad!
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

malchior

Post by malchior »

Rip

Post by Rip »

malchior wrote:
So he is saying the public didn't want Obama?
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Enlarge Image
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Holman

Post by Holman »

Enlarge Image

Next week's cover.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Sean Spicer Press Conference (Melissa McCarthy)
More than being lampooned as a press secretary who makes up facts, it was Spicer’s portrayal by a woman that was most problematic in the president’s eyes, according to sources close to him. And the unflattering send-up by a female comedian was not considered helpful for Spicer’s longevity in the grueling, high-profile job, where he has struggled to strike the right balance between representing an administration that considers the media the "opposition party," and developing a functional relationship with the press.

"Trump doesn't like his people to look weak," added a top Trump donor.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/m ... cer-234715
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

It's pretty telling, and completely expected, that Trump's main problem with the skit was that he didn't like Spicer being played by a woman. Assuming that bit from the story is true. Really, if that's even on the list of problems with the skit, then it's pretty unfortunate.

I really love that SNL is going full-tilt at the administration. Directly calling them on their constant lying doesn't seem to be getting any traction, so maybe parody and satire will be the silver bullet.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Now that they know it's a hot button for him, I have to wonder if they'll have one of the female staff take a shot at portraying him.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Andrew Wonser

Post by Andrew Wonser »

Ah, so he has retractable metal claws that punch through his flesh, just like a real wolverine.
Right, just like a real wolverine.
Ah, and his metal retractable claws can easily cut through hardened steel, just like a real wolverine.
Just like a real one, exactly.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Serious question, not intended to set off anger bells. I saw this posted on my FB feed no fewer than 10 times yesterday and I never could figure out a polite way to ask what is the point of this broadcast? What is the goal? Every time I went any further than simply trying to ask the point or goal of the posting of that, I found myself moving into a seriously aggressive stance against those that support the democratic establishment and I didn't even vote for Trump. So without reverting my own attack mode baggage that I can't seem to shake on this issue, I'm hoping you can explain to me why this mantra?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:Serious question, not intended to set off anger bells. I saw this posted on my FB feed no fewer than 10 times yesterday and I never could figure out a polite way to ask what is the point of this broadcast? What is the goal? Every time I went any further than simply trying to ask the point or goal of the posting of that, I found myself moving into a seriously aggressive stance against those that support the democratic establishment and I didn't even vote for Trump. So without reverting my own attack mode baggage that I can't seem to shake on this issue, I'm hoping you can explain to me why this mantra?
To me, as much as I agree with the points made regarding reasons why people may have not wanted to vote for HRC and instead voted for Trump, I see it as more "come to our side" rather than attempting to understand why so much of our nation was so easily and deeply taken that they refuse to see what I see as the truth. Its part of why I don't block rip. I can not stand his attitude most times. Nor his views. It is still important that I see his views and try to understand why he would think that way. I don't understand but I'm going to keep trying. My hope is that if I come to understand then I will be able to help avoid this mess continuing done the road.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote:
LordMortis wrote:Serious question, not intended to set off anger bells. I saw this posted on my FB feed no fewer than 10 times yesterday and I never could figure out a polite way to ask what is the point of this broadcast? What is the goal? Every time I went any further than simply trying to ask the point or goal of the posting of that, I found myself moving into a seriously aggressive stance against those that support the democratic establishment and I didn't even vote for Trump. So without reverting my own attack mode baggage that I can't seem to shake on this issue, I'm hoping you can explain to me why this mantra?
To me, as much as I agree with the points made regarding reasons why people may have not wanted to vote for HRC and instead voted for Trump, I see it as more "come to our side" rather than attempting to understand why so much of our nation was so easily and deeply taken that they refuse to see what I see as the truth. Its part of why I don't block rip. I can not stand his attitude most times. Nor his views. It is still important that I see his views and try to understand why he would think that way. I don't understand but I'm going to keep trying. My hope is that if I come to understand then I will be able to help avoid this mess continuing done the road.
We part ways here. From the perspective as someone who disliked Clinton but nearly as much as those who actually voted for Trump, this feels like rubbing salt into something that happened four months ago in attempt to make the wound more painful and again it's hard for me to go further without going in to attack mode. I try to carefully weigh my words and I fail. I can only imagine the response of someone who felt like Clinton's nomination "forced" them to vote for Trump. I try to see that as a come to Jesus posting, but I can't for the life of me see how that post could possibly be it and yet it's being mass broadcast. I'm missing something big.
Andrew Wonser

Post by Andrew Wonser »

Or the white coats will need to take you away.

I don't use FB and have seen this once on twitter, so sorry if I'm contributing to the overload. Really, for me it's just to point out the hypocrisy. If you are voting for Trump only because he is clan red, fine, but don't pretend that it's because he was the better candidate for both the party and as a President.
Ah, so he has retractable metal claws that punch through his flesh, just like a real wolverine.
Ah, and his metal retractable claws can easily cut through hardened steel, just like a real wolverine.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Andrew Wonser wrote:Or the white coats will need to take you away.

I don't use FB and have seen this once on twitter, so sorry if I'm contributing to the overload. Really, for me it's just to point out the hypocrisy. If you are voting for Trump only because he is clan red, fine, but don't pretend that it's because he was the better candidate for both the party and as a President.
Not at all. You gave me a chance to to engage this without being charged. By the fifth or six time I saw this yesterday, I was in a very bad social media induced internal monologue rage.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:
Remus West wrote:
We part ways here. From the perspective as someone who disliked Clinton but nearly as much as those who actually voted for Trump, this feels like rubbing salt into something that happened four months ago in attempt to make the wound more painful and again it's hard for me to go further without going in to attack mode. I try to carefully weigh my words and I fail. I can only imagine the response of someone who felt like Clinton's nomination "forced" them to vote for Trump. I try to see that as a come to Jesus posting, but I can't for the life of me see how that post could possibly be it and yet it's being mass broadcast. I'm missing something big.
It is a come to Jesus attempt in my eyes. Its just one that fails utterly because it contains the subtext of "Look what an idiot you've been now get over here". Which is the problem. I supported Hillary in good part because I believed in her ability to do good things but in equal part because of Trump. I get what the post is saying and I agree with it. I just don't think it has any hope of bridging the gap. In fact, I think it will widen it further. I struggle with setting aside the idea of all Trump voters as idiots and racists but it needs to be done and they need to be seen as people that made a choice. Understanding the reason for the choice may give us some ground to work together on. Right now there is none.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Posts like that are about trying to establish a prevailing narrative.

"Trump is sexist" and "Trump is dumb" and "Trump loves Putin" aren't going to reach people to whom Trump appealed during the campaign. Trump appealed to them *despite* all those accusations.

But "Trump is doing what he told you to hate Hillary for doing" has a chance. If it sticks and becomes conventional wisdom, people start to notice every hint of it.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Maybe it is the assumption that he is able to list all the reasons why people voted Trump when the reality is that he lists the reason people did not like HRC? The two do not necessarily equate. This is one of the problems (probably something I've been guilty of many times the last few months), telling people why they made a decision rather than asking them to tell us why they made their decision. We on the left have been taking a very "holier than thou" attitude regarding this election and we need to drop it while not dropping the fight against the policy choices we disagree with.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote:It is a come to Jesus attempt in my eyes. Its just one that fails utterly because it contains the subtext of "Look what an idiot you've been now get over here". Which is the problem. I supported Hillary in good part because I believed in her ability to do good things but in equal part because of Trump. I get what the post is saying and I agree with it. I just don't think it has any hope of bridging the gap. In fact, I think it will widen it further. I struggle with setting aside the idea of all Trump voters as idiots and racists but it needs to be done and they need to be seen as people that made a choice. Understanding the reason for the choice may give us some ground to work together on. Right now there is none.
I think the come to Jesus moment needs to happen or we're in for a world of hurt, while the rich flee and the ideologues start screaming to throw another plank into a burning ship so can they enjoy the flames. The approach of repeating Clinton seemed antithetical to finding that moment before the election. It seems something much worse, four months after the fact. Again I don't know how to put it in words without becoming inflammatory. I seem to have a serious failing on this.

Thank you for engaging me. It keeps me on point instead of on edge. :D
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Holman wrote:Posts like that are about trying to establish a prevailing narrative.

"Trump is sexist" and "Trump is dumb" and "Trump loves Putin" aren't going to reach people to whom Trump appealed during the campaign. Trump appealed to them *despite* all those accusations.

But "Trump is doing what he told you to hate Hillary for doing" has a chance. If it sticks and becomes conventional wisdom, people start to notice every hint of it.

Now that is a point I can understand. I don't mind the narrative goal. I think the post fails though. It comes across (to me, anyway) not as "see Trump as he is, something you hate" but rather an "I told you so". It digs at my emotions at emotions and makes it very hard to not reply with "oh, you want to turn this in to an I told you so, do you?" and then I can't get past it.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:
Remus West wrote:It is a come to Jesus attempt in my eyes. Its just one that fails utterly because it contains the subtext of "Look what an idiot you've been now get over here". Which is the problem. I supported Hillary in good part because I believed in her ability to do good things but in equal part because of Trump. I get what the post is saying and I agree with it. I just don't think it has any hope of bridging the gap. In fact, I think it will widen it further. I struggle with setting aside the idea of all Trump voters as idiots and racists but it needs to be done and they need to be seen as people that made a choice. Understanding the reason for the choice may give us some ground to work together on. Right now there is none.
I think the come to Jesus moment needs to happen or we're in for a world of hurt, while the rich flee and the ideologues start screaming to throw another plank into a burning ship so can they enjoy the flames. The approach of repeating Clinton seemed antithetical to finding that moment before the election. It seems something much worse, four months after the fact. Again I don't know how to put it in words without becoming inflammatory. I seem to have a serious failing on this.

Thank you for engaging me. It keeps me on point instead of on edge. :D
If you're worried about being inflammatory PM it to me. I'll keep in mind that is not your goal.
Holman

Post by Holman »

LordMortis wrote:
Holman wrote:Posts like that are about trying to establish a prevailing narrative.

Now that is a point I can understand. I don't mind the narrative goal. I think the post fails though. It comes across (to me, anyway) not as "see Trump as he is, something you hate" but rather an "I told you so". It digs at my emotions at emotions and makes it very hard to not reply with "oh, you want to turn this in to an I told you so, do you?" and then I can't get past it.
Of course the other thing to remember is that most political posts are about preaching to the choir and keeping allies' spirits up. What they really say is "Don't forget we're right."
Andrew Wonser

Post by Andrew Wonser »

Holman wrote:
LordMortis wrote:

Of course the other thing to remember is that most political posts are about preaching to the choir and keeping allies' spirits up. What they really say is "Don't forget we're right."
My first thought after reading this was to change it around for Republicans to say "Don't forget we're white." Which should strike me as an awful thing to think. But this election has me hesitating on my own condemnation.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Alefroth wrote:I Touch Myself
Oh geez lol
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I lol'd
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

I think that may have made my wife's week fwiw.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Sepiche wrote:
I think that may have made my wife's week fwiw.
It brought a smile to my face :)

I'm glad that LL was there to point out it was Donald Trump.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I cannot believe I haven't seen this yet. This might get the most views of any you tube in the history of the universe.

Donald Trump is a Dinosaur.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

noxiousdog wrote:I cannot believe I haven't seen this yet. This might get the most views of any you tube in the history of the universe.

Donald Trump is a Dinosaur.
I went from laughing to cringing to being sad in under 4 minutes. Ugh.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

PLW

Post by PLW »

This is my new favorite https://twitter.com/TrumpDraws/status/8 ... 1657910272
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Why is the woman on the left flipping invisible pizza dough?
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.