No
12%
Not sure
12%

Total votes: 110

Kraken

Re: will marijuana ever be legal???

Post by Kraken »

Mexico might have suffered more from the war on drugs than any other country. Good on them.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Well, MI went green. I foresee great wailing and gnashing of teeth from the authoritarians (school administrators, police and corrections officials, etc.)
There is no hug button. Sad!
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Yep, and we have the most liberal possession allowance and will have the cheapest taxes at retail.

I may just give this marijuanas thing a shot one day, now that it's legal.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Z-Corn wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 am Yep, and we have the most liberal possession allowance and will have the cheapest taxes at retail.

When the first retail comes, I'm going to talk to the CEO about what that means for us. I'm not clear what the company's rights are to my personal time for something legal in state. We'll still be subject to drug testing and it's still illegal at the federal level and we are multinational company, so???

I love the idea that I may be able to try the oil without having to go in to a registry.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:14 am
Z-Corn wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 am Yep, and we have the most liberal possession allowance and will have the cheapest taxes at retail.

When the first retail comes, I'm going to talk to the CEO about what that means for us. I'm not clear what the company's rights are to my personal time for something legal in state. We'll still be subject to drug testing and it's still illegal at the federal level and we are multinational company, so???

I love the idea that I may be able to try the oil without having to go in to a registry.
How is it that you want to try the oil? Orally, topically or vaped/smoked? Some other method?

I'm assuming for pain relief?

It will be two years before there are retail shops opened now that there is red tape to fight through. It may very well be legal federally by then.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Another state legalizes recreational use and my county finally voted yes to liquor stores. :doh:
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Z-Corn wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:23 am How is it that you want to try the oil? Orally, topically or vaped/smoked? Some other method?

I'm assuming for pain relief?

It will be two years before there are retail shops opened now that there is red tape to fight through. It may very well be legal federally by then.

Not vaped or smoked. I'm nearly two years with out a cigarette and it's still a struggle. I don't want that association.

Two years is what it is. *shrug* while I don't agree with the legal way, it takes something bigger than this to be disobedient to the law.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

:lol: Let us know what it's like.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Utah’s Prop 2 passed, which allows for medicinal use. While all the polls indicated that this was likely, I’m still a little shocked.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:45 pmI’m still a little shocked.
Well, go to the doctor and get a prescription. It should help.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Kraken wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:13 pm

If only I knew where the type of people that have Satan's Lettuce hung out... :ninja:
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Z-Corn wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:07 pm
Kraken wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:13 pm

If only I knew where the type of people that have Satan's Lettuce hung out... :ninja:
Try your local monkey parlor.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Government run online stores? Or starting in April, anyone willing to start up a small business?

Ontario info

According to the article the conservatives literally took the exact opposite approach on multiple fronts compared to what the liberals had planned.

Government run dispensaries? How about private businesses instead? Limit the number of licenses for selling that are available at the beginning? Nope, anyone who wants a license is welcome aboard. Restrict where it can be smoke? Nope, wherever you want, but municipalities are free to make up their own rules.

Here's the deal. On the surface, I mostly like the conservative changes. Unfortunately, they are just robotic reversals without understanding the implications. Liberals were taking a measured approach, keeping the drug tightly controlled and keeping an eye on how the roll out turns out, from logistical, financial, social and other perspectives. I feel like the conservatives are like "You want to legalize drugs? Fine. Here, let's flood the market with them and wait for the Canadian people to beg us to restrict it again when the crap hits the fan."

In the end, I prefer that a heavily regulated private market take over. Here in Ontario we have a government issued monopoly on beer sales, so only 1 company can sell (mostly. There are exceptions). Pretty shitty, as it's the worst of both worlds. No free market and minimal government control and oversight. Hard liquor is pretty much only sold through Ontario government stores, so no free market there either. Wine and some beer (typically small amounts, craft beers and such) can be purchased at the grocery store, but it's limited.

So what we're seeing is the conservatives throwing marijuana into the market with far less restrictions than are currently on booze, at least in Ontario. I'm actually for that, except I would have liked a limited roll out at first, with case studies being run in real time, and the results of those studies being used to expand further.

It's just typical partisan bullshit that Liberals are for legalization, in small, controlled ways, and the Conservatives are mostly against legalization, but if it's legal, then regulation and control are bad, so free for all.

It's nuts.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Details on how the Devil's Lettuce will be ruining NJ sooner than later:
Hearings are scheduled Monday morning at the Statehouse in Trenton for the 147-page "New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory and Expungement Aid Modernization Act."

Broadly, the bill would legalize the possession and personal use of one ounce or less of marijuana for people at least 21 years old, and create, regulate and impose a 12 percent tax a commercial marijuana industry in the state. An extra 2 percent excise tax would be raised for towns which host cannabis businesses.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Our news articles are FILLED with how things are going badly for legalization, but when I read the articles almost all of them equate to "demand is so high that stock is depleted and no one can get their order in a timely fashion".

Somehow legalization is bad because people are unhappy dot dot dot because there isn't any weed left on the shelves.

Some of the articles are about how black market weed still exists and didn't magically disappear the moment weed was legalized, with the additional factor of legal weed being in short supply. Short supply is one of the direct motivations for a black market to exist in the first place.

Annoying. Dishonest.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

I'm still trying to find a monkey parlor but I don't think we have any around here. I'm also still trying to figure out what a monkey parlor is...

December 6 is when MI will be full legal.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:29 pm
Some of the articles are about how black market weed still exists and didn't magically disappear the moment weed was legalized, with the additional factor of legal weed being in short supply. Short supply is one of the direct motivations for a black market to exist in the first place.
The first two retail pot shops east of the Mississippi opened in MA yesterday, just over two years after we passed legalization. They enforced a limit of 1/8 oz per customer due to low supply, and between them they served about 3,000 customers on opening day. One fellow who was interviewed echoed my opinion that the black market will do fine at these prices: $50 per 1/8 plus 20% tax = $60...and it will be quite some time yet before many of us have convenient access to shops. $480 per oz is nuts. (1/8 oz is about enough for three average-sized joints, so you can think of it as $20 per joint. IDK how much they actually sell pre-rolled joints for.)

If a shop ever opens near me I'll purchase there once for the novelty, and I would like to try some edibles and infused products. The black market doesn't supply those, at least not that I know of, so that's a competitive edge.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Kraken wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:47 pm One fellow who was interviewed echoed my opinion that the black market will do fine at these prices: $50 per 1/8 plus 20% tax = $60...and it will be quite some time yet before many of us have convenient access to shops. $480 per oz is nuts. (1/8 oz is about enough for three average-sized joints, so you can think of it as $20 per joint. IDK how much they actually sell pre-rolled joints for.)
I don't know what the average price is up here, but this:
Statistics Canada estimates the price of illegal weed in Ontario averaged $7.34 a gram in the first six weeks of 2018
puts it at about CAN$26 per 1/8 of an ounce, or CAN$208/oz, which is approx. US$157/oz.

If only it was legal to cross the border with the stuff, you could come up here and wait endlessly in line like the rest of us for cheap weed that is never in stock.

Of course you just know that Canada is unfairly regulating the price while reaping the benefits of the US's pharmaceutical research. It's everyone else's fault that other countries can get their drugs cheaper than Americans.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

They're talking about fast-tracking licenses for delivery services because the high cost of entry is keeping minorities out of the retail business. The law was intended to give preferences to communities that suffered disproportionately under prohibition, but stores have a high capitalization requirement and need to grease a lot of local palms to buy access -- you can't even think about opening a shop unless you have a couple hundred grand in the bank. The day when I can order by phone and have a courier bring it to me is probably much closer than the day when I'll be able to visit an actual shop. 'Course, that courier is going to add a profit and will undoubtedly expect a tip, so that'll be priced way out of my reach. Hell, I don't even get pizza delivered because I'm too cheap to tip.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yes, cannabis delivery in NJ is part of that bill. I can't order wine or scotch for mail delivery but apparently if I want to get blunted I can call up a courier and they'll be happy to shuttle over a full oz (!) of their finest Purple Urkle.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Z-Corn wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:35 pm I'm still trying to find a monkey parlor but I don't think we have any around here. I'm also still trying to figure out what a monkey parlor is...

December 6 is when MI will be full legal.
Look to the avatar.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Roman

Post by Roman »

Pre-rolled here in Ontario are:

$6.65 (1 pack) to $58 (5 pack)
each have 1/2 gram total.

https://ocs.ca/
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

MA sales numbers for opening day are in:
Tuesday (Nov. 20) was the first day of legalized marijuana sales in Massachusetts, and the numbers are in for how much consumers spent, MassLive.com reports.

Items for sale include pre-rolled marijuana cigarettes and edibles with THC, the active ingredient in cannabis.

So far only two stores in the state have been authorized to sell recreational pot, where consumers bought more than 10,700 products on opening day, according to the state’s Cannabis Control Commission. The grand total: $440,011.
Regarding what the state will get:
The state receives 17 percent of the money spent, a combination of a 6.25 percent state sales tax and 10.75 percent excise tax. Local governments can also collect an additional 3 percent tax.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Good thing we threw all that tea overboard...no more taxes!..wait.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:24 pm Good thing we threw all that tea overboard...no more taxes!..wait.
Taxation without representation, not no taxes.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok then good thing they listen to us and represent us and not just vote however they want or how lobbiest want :)
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:45 pm Ok then good thing they listen to us and represent us and not just vote however they want or how lobbiest want :)
Did you vote? That's your part in all this if you are not going to run for office yourself and try and make changes that way.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Fitzy wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:49 am
Daehawk wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:24 pm Good thing we threw all that tea overboard...no more taxes!..wait.
Plus, TBH, the Tea Tax was needed to pay the war debts of the French & Indian War, the success of which benefited the Colonists more than anyone else.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Holman wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:13 pm
Fitzy wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:49 am
Plus, TBH, the Tea Tax was needed to pay the war debts of the French & Indian War, the success of which benefited the Colonists more than anyone else.
:naughty:

No questioning historical wisdom!

I suspect even the founders would agree with you, had they been consulted. Consent of the governed!
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Recreational is now legal in MI as of midnight.

Adults over the age of 21 can carry 2.5 oz. and possess at home 10 oz. They can grow 12 plants. They can gift 2.5 oz. to other adults.

Retail sales are easily a year away and only registered and regulated dispensaries can sell. My guess is medical sales will finally get off the ground here and things will just flip to retail.

My 16-year old self would be overjoyed. My 49-year old self is like, "Oh, OK, that's cool." :coffee:
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

My plants are coming along nicely. This little specimen could be on a magazine cover.

Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Z-Corn wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 pm Recreational is now legal in MI as of midnight.

Adults over the age of 21 can carry 2.5 oz. and possess at home 10 oz. They can grow 12 plants. They can gift 2.5 oz. to other adults.

Retail sales are easily a year away and only registered and regulated dispensaries can sell. My guess is medical sales will finally get off the ground here and things will just flip to retail.

My 16-year old self would be overjoyed. My 49-year old self is like, "Oh, OK, that's cool." :coffee:
So...12 plants would have to average less than 1 oz apiece? :?
Black Lives Matter
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Jeff V wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:20 pm
Z-Corn wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 pm Recreational is now legal in MI as of midnight.

The medical grow numbers are even screwier.

A caregiver can have five patients and can grow 12 plants per patient and provide 2.5 oz of finished cannabis per patient. Counting themselves as a patient, that gives the caregiver 72 plants they can grow but only have 15 oz. (aka a "Michigan pound") in possession.

You would have to be a remarkably terrible grower to pull that little amount with those many plants.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Weight restrictions are typically for dried leaves and flowers. I'd be surprised if MI was different, although they do have a very generous personal restriction.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Alefroth wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Weight restrictions are typically for dried leaves and flowers. I'd be surprised if MI was different, although they do have a very generous personal restriction.
As long as you're not selling or otherwise sharing your production, those limits are basically technicalities. The Weed Police won't be going door to door just to make sure you don't have 15 plants. If you're supplying your neighborhood, then yeah, they're going to nab you for that.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Kraken wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:34 pm

As long as you're not selling or otherwise sharing your production, those limits are basically technicalities. The Weed Police won't be going door to door just to make sure you don't have 15 plants. If you're supplying your neighborhood, then yeah, they're going to nab you for that.

I agree. I'd say they probably only come into play if you've been busted for something else.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Alefroth wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:47 pm
Kraken wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:34 pm

I agree. I'd say they probably only come into play if you've been busted for something else.
Exactly, now that smelling burning cannabis is no longer probable cause.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lame Duck GOP fails to change bill passed last month. They're trying to change all of the bills and then some as they are also trying to limit the powers of the incoming Governor among other things before they exit. Loathesome.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/mariju ... 6oK6_fmIDo

I'm still waiting for the CBD laws they borked in May to be sorted out before I approach the idea of taking CBD with my GP and then debating approaching work with the topic work if my GP approves it.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lame Duck GOP fails to change bill passed last month. They're trying to change all of the bills and then some as they are also trying to limit the powers of the incoming Governor among other things before they exit. Loathesome.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/mariju ... 6oK6_fmIDo

I'm still waiting for the CBD laws they borked in May to be sorted out before I approach the idea of taking CBD with my GP and then debating approaching work with the topic work if my GP approves it.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Canadian federal government advising people to use cash and provide as little personal information as possible when buying pot. The gist is that the US will use knowledge of their purchases to refuse them entry into the country.