[TV] Chad

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Remus West

[TV] Chad

Post by Remus West »

This is being advertised constantly and yet every time I see a commercial it looks worse than the time before. Did anyone watch it? Anyone planning on it?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Re: [TV] Chad

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

90 percent critic rating, 26 percent audience rating on RT. :lol:

Methinks this may be one that relies on people thinking it's groundbreaking that a woman is playing a 14 year old boy.
Covfefe!
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

hepcat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:17 am 90 percent critic rating, 26 percent audience rating on RT. :lol:

Methinks this may be one that relies on people thinking it's groundbreaking that a woman is playing a 14 year old boy.
That would be fine if it was Scarlett Johansen. As it is this just looks bad. Worse than Thunderforce bad.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

whooooaaaaa....let's not get crazy here!

<i watched thunder force...and it hurt. bad.>
Covfefe!
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

EvilHomer3k wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:31 am
hepcat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:17 am 90 percent critic rating, 26 percent audience rating on RT. :lol:

That would be fine if it was Scarlett Johansen. As it is this just looks bad. Worse than Thunderforce bad.
So you're saying it sounds promising? :P
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

EvilHomer3k wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:31 am

That would be fine if it was Scarlett Johansen.
She's no Melissa McCarthy, but then again, who is?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

In the Kelly Clarkson video she (Kelly) says that Nasim Pedrad was the writer, director, producer, star, and creator of the show. She also says she was on SNL for 5 seasons. Seems to fit. This looks like an SNL skit that they drag out to a tv show. Actually it looks like a skit that should have been 30 seconds but was drug out to 10 minutes and then they drug it out to a tv show.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That's a lot of math for essentially saying "the show isn't very good". :lol:
Covfefe!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Someone (other than me) needs to watch this and report back on just how bad it really is. I nominate Hepcat.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I don't have whatever network it's on. Someone else needs to though.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'd totally take one for the team but alas I don't have access either (it's on TBS).
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I gave it seven minutes. Cringe humor isn't really my thing.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Remus West wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:04 pm Someone (other than me) needs to watch this and report back on just how bad it really is. I nominate Hepcat.
I’m still recovering from your “No alcohol and Waterworld” experiment from 2019.
Covfefe!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:27 am I gave it seven minutes. Cringe humor isn't really my thing.
Good enough review for me. If Issy can't make it past 7 minutes I don't need to watch it at all. :)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I never found the It’s Pat sketches funny, either.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:20 am I never found the It’s Pat sketches funny, either.
+1
I'm sold. Thanks for taking the plunge for us. Hopefully there is enough alcohol to dull the pain.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I’ll let you know after tonight.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:20 am I never found the It’s Pat sketches funny, either.
I never found any of the SNL skits that took a two second bit and extended it any longer to be funny. Pat is one example in many many of something that should have been a thing to happen in two seconds in another skit and then be done as a curiosity to make you go ??? while laughing at other stuff. SNL had a real problem with making a quick gag into serial skits. I phased out during that time, so I don't know if they still do.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I like some cringe humor. The Office was a lot of cringe humor, for example. But Chad sounds like badly written cringe humor.
Covfefe!
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

hepcat wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:25 am I like some cringe humor. The Office was a lot of cringe humor, for example. But Chad sounds like badly written cringe humor.
Even on The Office where cringe humor is done well the episodes where there's too much of it (i.e. any episode focused on Michael Scott) are nowhere near as good (and sometimes unwatchable IMO) as the episodes that aren't. If the show were just about Michael I'd be out after a few episodes. It's really the Jim/Dwight episodes that shine.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Dwight is very cringe worthy if you ask me. And I wouldn't have it any other way. :wink:

Me, I want a Creed spinoff still.
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I keep thinking that this show is about this character:

Black Lives Matter.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

We have a vendor that sounds exactly like the SNL Chad. He responds to everything with "Okay" in exactly the same voice. I've never seen him but in my mind he looks exactly like Pete Davidson.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I haven't watched it as the commercials made it look terrible, but it seems like something they came up with after the (at least critical) success of "Pen15". I have watched a bit of that and it is ok, but way too high on the cringe/awkward humor for me to watch with any regularity.
Black Lives Matter