Home Hospice

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Holman

Re: Home Hospice

Post by Holman »

Thank you, everyone. My wife and her brother and mom are very much at peace with it.

It really feels like the right choice, most especially in the time in the virus. It did bring more people (nurses, aides, social worker) into the house, but everyone was very professionally careful.

The strangest thing was carrying Don's body out of the house. They brought a lined canvas bag for the purpose with handles for four people, and we took him out across the yard to the van on the street. They brought a flag as well, as Don was a Korea vet.

Once upon a time nearly everyone died at home, but it really struck me how unusual it is do so now.
Last edited by Holman on Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It's a very different experience, but it's my own personal belief that we should all be so lucky to experience a peaceful death at home, surrounded by family and friends.

Sorry to hear for your loss, regardless, but hopefully in the coming days (weeks, months, years) you can take comfort in everything and how it all unfolded.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:21 pm It's a very different experience, but it's my own personal belief that we should all be so lucky to experience a peaceful death at home, surrounded by family and friends.

Sorry to hear for your loss, regardless, but hopefully in the coming days (weeks, months, years) you can take comfort in everything and how it all unfolded.
This sums up exactly how I feel. Condolences Holman.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯