NFL 2019 - 20 Season with Playoffs

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kurth

Re: NFL 2019 - 20 Season

Post by Kurth »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:15 pm
stessier wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:34 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:30 pm On a semi-related note, I continue to be baffled by the Patriots essentially cutting Josh Gordon.
From the various podcasts and reporting, it seems like he started being late to meetings and exhibiting other "unreliable" behavior. No one has come out and defined that, but from the insiders, it seems like Brady was okay with this one (as opposed to cutting Brown).
Just to make sure I have this right, then: being late to meetings = unacceptable, sexually assaulting and threatening women = acceptable?
Hey, don't blow it out of perspective. It's not like AB murdered someone (or 3 someones) or contributed to human trafficking.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
stessier

Post by stessier »

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

stessier wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:38 pm
Too bad the Bears have been playing just well enough to probably salvage Matt Nagy's job for another year. Chicago likes Ron Rivera.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kurth wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:45 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:30 pm On a semi-related note, I continue to be baffled by the Patriots essentially cutting Josh Gordon.
From the various podcasts and reporting, it seems like he started being late to meetings and exhibiting other "unreliable" behavior. No one has come out and defined that, but from the insiders, it seems like Brady was okay with this one (as opposed to cutting Brown).
Just to make sure I have this right, then: being late to meetings = unacceptable, sexually assaulting and threatening women = acceptable?
Hey, don't blow it out of perspective. It's not like AB murdered someone (or 3 someones) or contributed to human trafficking.
Hey, the Patriots cut the murderer as soon as there was a warrant out for his arrest for murder.
Black Lives Matter.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:25 pm
Hey, the Patriots cut the murderer as soon as there was a warrant out for his arrest for murder.
BTW, James Patterson wrote a really good book about this and it was a far more complicated a story than the media coverage here let on. He kind of paints Hernandez as a sympathetic figure, where in the national news coverage he came across as an entitled brat who thought himself above the law.
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

As for the human trafficking part...there was none.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10 ... bert-kraft
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Jeff V wrote:
BTW, James Patterson wrote a really good book about this and it was a far more complicated a story than the media coverage here let on. He kind of paints Hernandez as a sympathetic figure, where in the national news coverage he came across as an entitled brat who thought himself above the law.
From what I remember he had a very tough upbringing. It also seemed like he was secretly gay when it was definitely not accepted on his world.

It still sounded like he was a psychopath though. I'm intrigued about this book and will look that one up.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

McNutt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:05 pm
Jeff V wrote:
From what I remember he had a very tough upbringing. It also seemed like he was secretly gay when it was definitely not accepted on his world.

It still sounded like he was a psychopath though. I'm intrigued about this book and will look that one up.
Honestly, I was just busting the Patriots because I hate them. And I'm grumpy because the Eagles are trash.

On the Hernandez front, if you're at all interested in the story behind the superficial coverage provided by the media outlets, check out the Boston Globe podcast (soon to be an FX movie/series) Gladiator. A much deeper and more complex story behind that guy. Basic take-away: Football failed this kid on both the college and professional level. Sad story for him and for his victims.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Kurth wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:13 am And I'm grumpy because the Eagles are trash.
The Eagles are one game out of first in their division. And they finish their season by playing every other division opponent.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:39 am
Kurth wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:13 am And I'm grumpy because the Eagles are trash.
The Eagles are one game out of first in their division. And they finish their season by playing every other division opponent.
This statement is true. It is also meaningless and just more infuriating. Because my trash team plays in the trash division that is the NFC East, I'm forced to continue to hold out hopes that they could make the playoffs. And to what end? Just more trash. The fact that the Eagles are "in the hunt" for a playoff berth is allowing some -- I'm looking at you Howie Roseman -- to ignore the fact that this team needs a big-time overhaul.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Kurth wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:55 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:39 am
This statement is true. It is also meaningless and just more infuriating. Because my trash team plays in the trash division that is the NFC East, I'm forced to continue to hold out hopes that they could make the playoffs. And to what end? Just more trash. The fact that the Eagles are "in the hunt" for a playoff berth is allowing some -- I'm looking at you Howie Roseman -- to ignore the fact that this team needs a big-time overhaul.
The Raiders are trash as well but fortunately there's no hope for them.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kurth wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:13 am
McNutt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:05 pm
Jeff V wrote:

Honestly, I was just busting the Patriots because I hate them. And I'm grumpy because the Eagles are trash.

On the Hernandez front, if you're at all interested in the story behind the superficial coverage provided by the media outlets, check out the Boston Globe podcast (soon to be an FX movie/series) Gladiator. A much deeper and more complex story behind that guy. Basic take-away: Football failed this kid on both the college and professional level. Sad story for him and for his victims.
FWIW my understanding is that Kraft did right by Hernandez. They knew he had a troubled past, and tried to work with him and help him get past it (ultimately unsuccessfully, obviously).

I'll also say that the season or so where the Patriots had Gronkowski and Hernandez together was amazing.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:39 pm I'll also say that the season or so where the Patriots had Gronkowski and Hernandez together was amazing.
What might have been...

I wonder if Edelman makes his leap if Hernandez is still on the team.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

stessier wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:00 pm
As for the human trafficking part...there was none.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10 ... bert-kraft
Yeah, sounds like true love. :roll:
At Orchids, according to the Jupiter police, Kraft paid cash to the spa’s co-owner, Lei Wang, who goes by Lulu, and received a hand job from her and another worker, later identified as Shen Mingbi. After Kraft ejaculated, Mingbi wiped his penis with a white towel. Then she and Lulu helped him get dressed.

As Kraft left the spa in the white Bentley, Officer Scott Kimbark, nicknamed Bark, stopped the car for a minor traffic violation. Kraft asked the officer if he was a Miami Dolphins fan and showed him his Super Bowl ring, explaining that he was the owner of the Patriots. Kimbark, having accomplished his mission, let Kraft and Bernon go with a warning.

Later that day, Kraft called his friend. “You won’t believe what happened to me,” his friend recalls him bragging. Kraft explained how he had gone for what he thought was a regular massage, but that the masseuse had given him a hand job instead.

The friend excoriated Kraft for getting a “rub and tug.” Kraft, seemingly hurt, insisted that it “wasn’t like that.” He said he had felt a real connection with Lulu and Mingbi.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ordinarily I might say never underestimate the self-delusion of rich guys. But at the same time, the most incriminating thing to my mind is that Kraft flew down there and then flew back, *on the day of the AFC Championship game* (if I recall this correctly). UNLESS he had something else super important to do in the area beforehand, that strongly suggests that he knew that there was something special about that place.

Though I'll say that doesn't show any knowledge of human trafficking, but rather of prostitution. If that matters.
Black Lives Matter.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

That's a hell of a lot of work to get a handjob. But I guess they did have a real connection.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:22 pm Ordinarily I might say never underestimate the self-delusion of rich guys. But at the same time, the most incriminating thing to my mind is that Kraft flew down there and then flew back, *on the day of the AFC Championship game* (if I recall this correctly). UNLESS he had something else super important to do in the area beforehand, that strongly suggests that he knew that there was something special about that place.

Though I'll say that doesn't show any knowledge of human trafficking, but rather of prostitution. If that matters.
No, he was already down there. The next two paragraphs after LB's quote.
Later that evening, Kraft received a call from Orchids, asking him to visit again. (At the time, Kraft’s number in Palm Beach was publicly listed.) Kraft, according to his friend, was thrilled. He did not seem to understand that the spa was merely soliciting repeat business.

The next day, Kraft returned to Orchids, this time with a driver in a 2015 blue Bentley. He arrived before 11 a.m., qualifying for the early bird special: $15 off. He received a hand job and a blow job from Lulu, and left after 14 minutes. That afternoon he flew to Kansas City, to watch his team play the Chiefs in the NFL playoffs. The Patriots won.

I believe he could be so deluded...or at least not see anything off by the interaction. I think the author does a good job demonstrating it was possible (and she doesn't appear to be any type of Patriots or Kraft fan). And I think it matters quite a lot if it was human trafficking versus prostitution.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:06 am
ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:59 am
ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:36 am
ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:45 am
ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:21 am Good thing the Bears traded three draft picks to move up one spot to pick Trubisky.
Hey, it looks like the got their Brady after all!

" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Brady ought to be punching himself right about now.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Trubisky is carving up the Dallas secondary.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Will Jerry still have confidence in Jason for another week? I predict, No.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:08 pm Trubisky is carving up the Dallas secondary.
Not to mention his running. He's putting on a show tonight, where was this when the Bears were suffering horrible losses to the likes of the Raiders?
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Imlawboy owes him an apology :).
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Is it possible that no one wins the NFC East???
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kurth wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:25 am Is it possible that no one wins the NFC East???
Define win. :P
Someone from the NFC East is looking like they will be handing out an extra Bye week in the wildcard round.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:42 pm
Jaymann wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:08 pm Trubisky is carving up the Dallas secondary.
Not to mention his running. He's putting on a show tonight, where was this when the Bears were suffering horrible losses to the likes of the Raiders?
Wife is from Chicago and also not a Cowboys fan so she was cackling with glee last night while we watched this. :D
-mf
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Philly plays the Giants twice, Dallas at home, and the Dolphins. Dallas gets the Rams and Washington in addition to the Philly game.

9-7 is the best that can come out of the division, with a 8-8 certainly possible.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:26 am Philly plays the Giants twice, Dallas at home, and the Dolphins. Dallas gets the Rams and Washington in addition to the Philly game.

9-7 is the best that can come out of the division, with a 8-8 certainly possible.
7-9 is totally possible too.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stessier wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:32 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:26 am Philly plays the Giants twice, Dallas at home, and the Dolphins. Dallas gets the Rams and Washington in addition to the Philly game.

7-9 is totally possible too.
Which means that Washington could win out.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

It's going to be hilarious when 14 - 2 San Fran has to play its first round game at 7 - 9 Philly. And by hilarious, I mean ridiculous.
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:34 am It's going to be hilarious when 14 - 2 San Fran has to play its first round game at 7 - 9 Philly. And by hilarious, I mean ridiculous.
More so if Philly lucks out and wins the game like they did in the first round last year.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

ESPN
A day after the Dallas Cowboys lost their third straight game, a testy Jerry Jones addressed the team's issues during a radio interview that was cut off midway after he cursed twice.

Jones, the Cowboys' owner and general manager, told 105.3 The Fan in Dallas on Friday that he deserves his share of the blame for the losing streak that has kept Dallas (6-7) from taking control of the NFC East.
The interview got off to a rocky start, with Jones telling the hosts to "get your damn act together" and saying he didn't like their attitude. Later in the interview, Jones used the word "bulls---" twice, leading the call to be disconnected after a delay button was used in each instance.

The station's program director confirmed the disconnect, saying Jones did not hang up.

After being reconnected, Jones said he understands the fans' frustration with both him and coach Jason Garrett. But the owner said it may not help to move on from Garrett at this time.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Philly plays the Redskins next week.
Hodor.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

pr0ner wrote:

How shitacular!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

$iljanus wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:39 pm
pr0ner wrote:

How shitacular!
I love that DC sports have talked about how the Redskins are still alive for the NFC East for a couple of weeks now and every result they've needed has come to fruition.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

That receiver for the Bills did a nice flop to get the interference call.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

It wasn't pretty, but it still counts as a win for the Ravens. Hope Mark Andrews is ok - reports are that it's more a bruise and not serious.

Schedule for the end of the season (Jets, Browns, Steelers) is considerable easier than last six weeks (Seahawks, Patriots, Bengals, Texans, 49ers, Bills). Could be a let-down game, but the team has been pretty good about staying focused this year. Crossing my fingers for no injuries for the playoffs.

And how about that 49ers - Saints game? Wow... crazy finish.

Now Pats and Chiefs, with Seahawks - Rams tonight... it's been a good weekend of matchups.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

The NFL playoffs are going to be insane this year.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

So the Patriots wanted to make a point to the refs and it ended up costing them a TD since they were out of challenges. Maybe they'll rethink challenging meaningless plays next time.
Black Lives Matter