Post by Jaymann »

No wonder they call them Ole Miss.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Re: 2019 NCAA Football Thread

Post by Skinypupy »

Mike Leach is a dick when his team loses. Speaking to a Spokesman Review columnist in the post game.
Well, we certainly have before. We didn’t win this one. And I don’t care to have a big discussion with you on it because I don’t really care what you think. You run your little column and stuff like some sanctimonious troll, where you’ve never been fair or even-handed with us, so I really don’t care what you think. OK, go ahead, because you’re going to write some really nasty stuff like you always do. And I don’t know which Coug way back when did something that offended you, but I don’t really care about that either. If you can live your little meager life in your hole and write nasty things and that makes you feel even, you go right ahead.”
I can’t help but wonder when his schtick will run thin in Pullman. Hearing rumblings that it’s getting close.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

This is the big one (at least to midwesterners). Nice to see an Ohio State - Michigan game with playoff implications.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote:Mike Leach is a dick when his team loses. Speaking to a Spokesman Review columnist in the post game.
Well, we certainly have before. We didn’t win this one. And I don’t care to have a big discussion with you on it because I don’t really care what you think. You run your little column and stuff like some sanctimonious troll, where you’ve never been fair or even-handed with us, so I really don’t care what you think. OK, go ahead, because you’re going to write some really nasty stuff like you always do. And I don’t know which Coug way back when did something that offended you, but I don’t really care about that either. If you can live your little meager life in your hole and write nasty things and that makes you feel even, you go right ahead.”
I can’t help but wonder when his schtick will run thin in Pullman. Hearing rumblings that it’s getting close.
It won't. WSU is a doormat without Leach and they know it.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Shea Patterson. Protect the goddamned ball.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Michigan is writing the book on how another team can beat Ohio State. Another team that doesn't make stupid mistakes.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Michigan’s mental mistakes have been brutal.

That off-sides on 4th and 4 was an absolute killer.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Missed PAT (after some weird shift?).

Patterson snap fumble in the red zone.

Offsides on a freaking punt. 4th and 5 (or 4, whatever) offsides on a PUNT.

Ugh.

MYT
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

OSU QB goes down with a knee injury, bummer. They will easily hold on here, but does not bode well for the playoffs.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jaymann wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:40 pm OSU QB goes down with a knee injury, bummer. They will easily hold on here, but does not bode well for the playoffs.
He came back in and threw a TD. He's fine.

Again, the problem for OSU will be the tape. Brown knew what to do, M just keeps f'ing up. A team that can execute will benefit from the game plan.

MYT
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Dobbins looks like the real deal. He should get some Heisman votes.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Michigan's defense just looks terrible against Ohio State. The DB's have lost it. Maybe it was the defensive game plan that has failed.

Ohio State does look good though.

Is it wrong for me to root for Auburn over Alabama so that Bama doesn't get in when Georgia loses to LSU.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Scuzz wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:26 pm

Is it wrong for me to root for Auburn over Alabama so that Bama doesn't get in when Georgia loses to LSU.
Of course not.

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Scuzz wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:26 pm Is it wrong for me to root for Auburn over Alabama so that Bama doesn't get in when Georgia loses to LSU.
There are lots of big Auburn (and OK St, and Wisconsin, and Kansas) fans in Salt Lake today. :)
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Okay, kicks get returned for TDs, but why with under a minute left do you rush 6 and then give up a passing TD?
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

That was some reversal of fortune right there.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
mori

Post by mori »

ESPN Gameday comes to Minnesota for the first time ever. Only time they ever had a reason to come here. I guess all the attention was too much for the team to take because they sure played like shit. Goodbye Big 10 Championship game and goodbye Rose Bowl.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Clemson really should be #1.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

>DONK<
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

pr0ner wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:04 pm Clemson really should be #1.
Assuming LSU wins tonight they deserve the #1 slot, then Ohio State. Clemson gets #3. They just haven't played anyone this year.

That Alabama-Auburn game was a hell of a game. You have to believe with Tua they would have won easily. So, if LSU beats Georgia and Utah wins tonight, and OK State beats OU, would Utah get in?
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Scuzz wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:37 pm
Assuming LSU wins tonight they deserve the #1 slot, then Ohio State. Clemson gets #3. They just haven't played anyone this year.
Clemson will almost certainly be favorites against any team they play in the playoff.

And given how thoroughly they dominated every team they played since the UNC game, I stand by my statement.
Hodor.
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

In light of my crippled Alabama team losing, here is who I hope wins the NC in order from most to least:

1. Utah
2. OSU
3. Clemson
4. LSU
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

You think Clemson should be above Ohio State and LSU? Who did they beat to earn that spot?
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

McNutt wrote:You think Clemson should be above Ohio State and LSU? Who did they beat to earn that spot?
I think he means who he would like to see win.

Also, proud of UT. Start of the season was a nightmare. With the chance to get to 8 wins after that start, it's very positive.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

McNutt wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:34 am You think Clemson should be above Ohio State and LSU? Who did they beat to earn that spot?
I am not sure Clemson would be favored over either Ohio State or LSU.
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

As an alum and a fan of noted basketball (and baseball) school the University of Michigan, the results of college football games are generally unimportant to me. That said, I was somewhat dismayed by the results of today's game against An Ohio State University.
LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:43 pm Again, the problem for OSU will be the tape. Brown knew what to do, M just keeps f'ing up. A team that can execute will benefit from the game plan.
I'm guessing you meant to say that Gattis knew what to do, not Brown. The offensive game plan seemed solid, but we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. Whether it was Patterson not handling the snap in the red zone or the receivers deciding that half time was the perfect opportunity to coat their hands in oil, the problem was execution on offense. On defense, the problem was everything. I don't know if replacing Don Brown is the answer - he does a hell of a job against every team not named An Ohio State University - but the defense didn't seem to have a clue as to how to defend against this offense.
If you're going by the eye test, OSU has been the most dominant team this year. If you're going by resume, LSU has the most solid wins. If you're going by teams who looked mostly (but not always) good playing in a glorified Group of Five conference, then I guess you could pick Clemson. That's not to say that Clemson won't win it all, and I'm certainly not blaming Clemson for being in a garbage conference and playing non-conference games against teams that were unexpectedly weak this year (Texas A&M and Syracuse were supposed to be good), but they have not earned the 1 seed in any sense.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Haven't earned it *if * you don't take last year into account. 27 in a row is tough. Both LSU and Ohio State have had more impressive runs this year, but I would find it really difficult to bet against them.

As to Tua v. Auburn? Maybe, but Tua had that awful fumble against LSU and that was at home. I think the 100 yd pick six still happens due to the way that call was blown up early and the over throw pick six could have as well (less of a chance).

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Scuzz wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:32 am
McNutt wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:34 am You think Clemson should be above Ohio State and LSU? Who did they beat to earn that spot?
I am not sure Clemson would be favored over either Ohio State or LSU.
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

ImLawBoy wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:50 am
If you're going by the eye test, OSU has been the most dominant team this year. If you're going by resume, LSU has the most solid wins. If you're going by teams who looked mostly (but not always) good playing in a glorified Group of Five conference, then I guess you could pick Clemson. That's not to say that Clemson won't win it all, and I'm certainly not blaming Clemson for being in a garbage conference and playing non-conference games against teams that were unexpectedly weak this year (Texas A&M and Syracuse were supposed to be good), but they have not earned the 1 seed in any sense.
Since the UNC game, Clemson won its final seven games by an average score of roughly 50-9. It held every opponent it played to less than 300 yards of offense. They're still defending national champs. They've done more than enough.
Hodor.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

msduncan wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:41 pm In light of my crippled Alabama team losing, here is who I hope wins the NC in order from most to least:

1. Utah
2. OSU
3. Clemson
4. LSU
Funny, that’s my order too. :)

Sadly, I think Utah gets leapfrogged by Oklahoma if they beat Baylor. Not that I think they should, mind you, but without some wins over currently ranked teams, that’s likely to happen. I’d like to think that dominating mediocre teams and actually playing defense would count for something, but Utah simply doesn’t have the name recognition (and $$ that come with it) that OK does. More ammo for expanding to 8, I suppose.

All Utah can do is keep winning. I expect they’ll be favored over Oregon by 5-6. Winning the P12 title and getting to the Rose Bowl would still be a massive achievement, even if we get kept out of the CFP party.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

pr0ner wrote:
ImLawBoy wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:50 am
Since the UNC game, Clemson won its final seven games by an average score of roughly 50-9. It held every opponent it played to less than 300 yards of offense. They're still defending national champs. They've done more than enough.
Last year is over and is not (or should not be) a consideration for this year. OSU didn't have a debacle like the UNC game to blemish it's resume. Blowing out a garbage schedule is less impressive to me than dominating against a real schedule, but YMMV.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Folks where does this THE Ohio State come from??? The pros who came from there always seem to say that. And I noted that Imlawboy said AN Ohio State. What's the deal?
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Lorini wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:24 pm Folks where does this THE Ohio State come from??? The pros who came from there always seem to say that. And I noted that Imlawboy said AN Ohio State. What's the deal?
So as not to confuse it with other state universities.
Last edited by Jaymann on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Lorini wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:24 pm Folks where does this THE Ohio State come from??? The pros who came from there always seem to say that. And I noted that Imlawboy said AN Ohio State. What's the deal?
I think I remember it coming from something about 30 years ago. Players from Miami used to just say they were from the "U".

It may come from the early days of MNF when players were allowed to introduce themselves, but I am not sure.
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

And Helton's out.

Urban Meyer...come on down!!

EDIT: Hold that thought. USC assistant AD says it isn't true, accuses the reporter of making it up.

:lol: :lol:
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Also, anyone catch this gem of a couple Auburn fans trying to rush the field?

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Neither ESPN or LA Times is confirming Helton's firing as of now.
Black Lives Matter
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Skinypupy wrote:Also, anyone catch this gem of a couple Auburn fans trying to rush the field?

"Go on without me!"
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Apropos of nothing, this is an interesting breakdown of how much (or little) each team traveled this year, in miles.

Georgia traveled the least, at 1704 miles.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote:And Helton's out.

Urban Meyer...come on down!!

EDIT: Hold that thought. USC assistant AD says it isn't true, accuses the reporter of making it up.

Image Image
Bob Stoops may be more likely, though I could see Bohn (former AD at cincy) going with Fickel.

Not sure where the alumni base would be with Fickel though. They'll want Meyer, Stoops or a big name. Runs at Petersen and Whittingham aren't out of the question either.