2019 NCAA Football Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Skinypupy

Re: 2019 NCAA Football Thread

Post by Skinypupy »

I love any time Pedo State loses. Great win by Minnesota.

Really wish Daniels was playing for ASU today. Don’t think they beat USC without him.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:35 pm I love any time Pedo State loses. Great win by Minnesota.

Really wish Daniels was playing for ASU today. Don’t think they beat USC without him.
The 1st quarter is over so USC will need to depend on their defense.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

What a good old fashioned ass whooping by LSU in the first half. I still think Bama will win, but this is their biggest test in forever.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Jaymann wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:24 pm What a good old fashioned ass whooping by LSU in the first half. I still think Bama will win, but this is their biggest test in forever.
I think a Bama win would take a miracle at this point.

This is a whuppin

4th quarter edit: Miracle loading...
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Bama offense is totally different with Tua's ankle hurt, no RPO's, because LSU knows he's not running.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Offense made adjustments but unfortunately that defense with all the freshmen just can stop anything.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I'm glad for Ed Ogeron who got the bum's rush at USC for no good reason.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
mori

Post by mori »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:35 pm I love any time Pedo State loses. Great win by Minnesota.

Thought we would be blown out by half time and was totally surprised by the lead going into the 4th quarter. Still thought we would F it up and gave Pedo St opportunities, but so happy we won. But watching the SEC big boys, we are so far behind those teams. The team speed is leaps and bonds higher the Big 10, other than Ohio St, can compete with.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jaymann wrote:Penn State just got EXPOSED by the Minnesota Golphers!?! Great game.
Exposed? Nope. Win out and they are in (tho I don't think they will win at the horseshoe). Minnesota needed this game SO much more than Penn St.

Minnesota looked really, really good, but they were at home in their biggest game in over half a century. I want to see them on the road against good teams the rest of the way, but for now I'm thinking they'll at least split and be in the B1G championship with a chance to win it.
Last edited by Pyperkub on Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote:
Jaymann wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:24 pm What a good old fashioned ass whooping by LSU in the first half. I still think Bama will win, but this is their biggest test in forever.
I think a Bama win would take a miracle at this point.

This is a whuppin

4th quarter edit: Miracle loading...
LSU's defense on that last bomb to make it close was insanely stupid.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:18 pm
Jaymann wrote:Penn State just got EXPOSED by the Minnesota Golphers!?! Great game.
Exposed? Nope. Win out and they are in (tho I don't think they will win at the horseshoe). Minnesota needed this game SO much more than Penn St.

Minnesota looked really, really good, but they were at home in their biggest game in over half a century. I want to see them on the road against good teams the rest of the way, but for now I'm thinking they'll at least split and be in the B1G championship with a chance to win it.
Yeah, I think Minnesota will have at least one, if not two, losses before the end of the year. Remember, they're the same team who needed OT to beat Fresno State, snuck by Ga Southern by a FG, and didn't exactly dominate either South Dakota State or Purdue (won both by a TD).

They're peaking at the right time, but I don't think they're exactly a powerhouse.
mori

Post by mori »

The Minnesota thing to do is now lose to Iowa on Saturday. It is what we do.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

This goes back to what I said before - the Big Ten (with the possible exception of OSU) is overrated and a bit of a house of cards. The only decent non-conference wins are Michigan over Notre Dame and OSU over Cincinnati, and neither of those are exactly world changers. PSU's biggest win was barely squeaking one out at home in a White Out environment over a mediocre Michigan.

In happier news, MSU blew a 25 point lead at home to lose to Illinois, and Lovie Smith is taking the Illini to a bowl game!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:08 am

In happier news, MSU blew a 25 point lead at home to lose to Illinois, and Lovie Smith is taking the Illini to a bowl game!
I'm unhappier news, former MSU star Charles Rogers is dead at 38.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:08 am This goes back to what I said before - the Big Ten (with the possible exception of OSU) is overrated and a bit of a house of cards. The only decent non-conference wins are Michigan over Notre Dame and OSU over Cincinnati, and neither of those are exactly world changers. PSU's biggest win was barely squeaking one out at home in a White Out environment over a mediocre Michigan...
I don't know about that. My impression of the Big 10 this year is that it's pretty strong. You may not have a lot of big out-of-conference wins but none of your top teams has suffered an embarrassing loss to an out-of-conference opponent either. Right now you still have three contenders for the Playoff, and while it's still too soon to say for sure, Michigan may have turned a corner with that impressive victory over Notre Dame. Finally, when you consider that Ohio State may be the best team in the country right now, I think Big 10 fans still have a lot to be excited about.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I lol’d

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:52 pm I lol’d

These guys are hilarious. One of my favorites is the one they did after the Bama/USC game a few years back.

Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Utah is Ohio State this weekend, apparently.

Can't say I'm a fan of this particular uniform combo.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:01 pm Utah is Ohio State this weekend, apparently.

Are you trying to psych us out? What time's the game, anyhoo?

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:29 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:01 pm Utah is Ohio State this weekend, apparently.

Are you trying to psych us out? What time's the game, anyhoo?
It's a throwback to our 1964 unis, apparently.

Game's at 6:00, should be fun!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

6pm Mountain time? That would be 5pm PST?

Should be a good one - Irresistible force vs. Immovable object:
Since Pac-12 play started, the Bruins lead the conference in points per game (37), rushing yards per game (217.2) and first downs per game (25.2). The Utes lead the Pac-12 in points allowed per game (13.5), rushing yards allowed per game (51.5) and first downs allowed per game (14.2) in conference play.
Of course, a walk-on went and said this...
“Utah’s known for being tough,” said receiver Ethan Fernea, the former walk-on who became a hero this month against Colorado when he made his first career touchdown catch, “but I think we’re ready to go out and show that we’re the tougher team.”
Our defense has been playing a lot better lately as well. Outside ASU's turnover/special-teams fueled comeback, we've held our last 3 opponents to 17 or less (and ASU had only 10 points going into the 4th quarter). I figure that either we'll get pummeled early and often, or be in the game until the end, with the outcome determined by turnovers or special teams.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:22 pm 6pm Mountain time? That would be 5pm PST?
Correct.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Fuuuuucck!!!!!!

I can't say that in the Tide Fans forum since there is no profanity allowed.

Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

What, 38 to 7 isn't good enough?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

That's just awful. I hope he can recover from this and have a nice pro career. He seems like a great kid. Super talent.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

McNutt wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:44 pm That's just awful. I hope he can recover from this and have a nice pro career. He seems like a great kid. Super talent.
Yep, I don't care about the game or the rest of the season, I just hope this isn't career ending for Tua.

Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

That’s awful, really like that kid.
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Jaymann wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:31 pm What, 38 to 7 isn't good enough?
It’s standard procedure that Saban keeps the starters in through one drive in the 3rd before pulling them. He has done it for 10 years and he will always do it.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
mori

Post by mori »

mori wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:44 pm The Minnesota thing to do is now lose to Iowa on Saturday. It is what we do.
Yep. I can see us losing the next two games as well.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

msduncan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:55 pm
Jaymann wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:31 pm What, 38 to 7 isn't good enough?
It’s standard procedure that Saban keeps the starters in through one drive in the 3rd before pulling them. He has done it for 10 years and he will always do it.
Sorry about your QB man. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Needed a solid win with some “style points”. Got it...sorry Pyper.

DTR can make some great plays, but he also makes some really boneheaded mistakes.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

If Utah and Oregon can win out, I think the winner of their Pac-12 title game should be in the playoffs at this point.
Hodor.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote:Needed a solid win with some “style points”. Got it...sorry Pyper.

DTR can make some great plays, but he also makes some really boneheaded mistakes.
Yeah, nice statement game. We didn't even play that bad in the first half and it was still a blowout at half. Coach Whitt definitely saw something on tape with that double a-gap pressure that killed us in the red zone and later.

Best Utah team I've seen in 30+years. I think you'll take Oregon apart, just don't have your all too common November flop game before then. I don't think you will, but that's the main concern until then.

DTR is still young and relatively inexperienced, as are the rest of this squad. I expect us to bounce back and beat 'SC next week, as well as Cal and get bowl eligible (much needed practice time for next year).

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

PS I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you end up in the Rose Bowl - Go! It is an incredible experience.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:39 pm
Best Utah team I've seen in 30+years. I think you'll take Oregon apart, just don't have your all too common November flop game before then. I don't think you will, but that's the main concern until then.
Yeah, next week makes me a little nervous. We’ve laid multiple eggs at Arizona over the years. This team just feels different though...I think they take care of business.

They were talking last night about this team compared to 2004 (the original BCS buster tram with Alex Smith), which has been the benchmark for Utah teams. This year’s team has scored more points, has a greater margin of victory, and has allowed fewer points. And is doing so against actual P5 competition. If they finish by winning out, it will easily be the best ever Utah team. The defense hasn’t allowed a TD at home in 14 quarters. That’s...pretty good. :)
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I have to admit that I enjoyed watching the Michigan-Michigan State game this weekend.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:08 pm PS I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you end up in the Rose Bowl - Go! It is an incredible experience.
Been there so many times. It has an elegance that is fantastic.
Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:08 am I have to admit that I enjoyed watching the Michigan-Michigan State game this weekend.
The State fan teachers on staff here were talking trash Friday......not so much today. :twisted:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Lorini wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:28 am
Pyperkub wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:08 pm PS I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you end up in the Rose Bowl - Go! It is an incredible experience.
Been there so many times. It has an elegance that is fantastic.
Gonna be a really tough sell since I leave for my metal cruise that same week (they bumped it up a month this time because the Super Bowl is in Miami the week we typically depart), but I'm gonna try to make it to the Rose Bowl if Utah gets there.

Still lots of football to be played.
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

What's going on with the Pac-12 these days? I just looked at ESPN's recruiting class rankings and the highest Pac-12 team was Oregon at #17, with only two other schools in the top 30 (Stanford at #21 and Arizona State at #30). Compare that to 5 SEC teams and 3 Big 10 teams in the top 10. Strangest of all, USC was not in the top 40!

I'm not ragging on the Pac-12 here, I'm just curious what you guys think is going on with the league. It's starting to look like the Pac-12 isn't really interested in competing in College Football. What gives?