And if you did, did it help much?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
stimpy

Re: Anybody try CBD?

Post by stimpy »

Yes and yes.
In my case, helped with mild general anxiety and sleep issues.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive wanted to try it. Im hoping one day I can replace my opiates with it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Brian

Post by Brian »

My wife uses it for migraines and to help sleep. She's a distributor if anybody needs some.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Computer Based Dialog? Eveyr time I'm here.
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I've got arthritis and a backbone that pops out of place every time I lay down. The VA took away what little percoset they gave me. My stepson was recommending it altho he's never tried it.
He just gets pot and smokes it.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I dont know if you need CBD as much as THC for dealing with pain. CBD has a ton of positive effects. You can find out more about what CBD has to offer here: https://www.projectcbd.org/

THC is more known for its pain killing properties, CBD has a lot of medical applications although I dont know if numbing arthritic pain is one of them.

And yes I have tried CBD's for its cancer killing properties and I think it was part of my successful treatment. CBD has a ton of medical applications that scientists are finally starting to figure out. CBD has been known to help and control epilepsy as well.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Newcastle wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:25 am I dont know if you need CBD as much as THC for dealing with pain. CBD has a ton of positive effects. You can find out more about what CBD has to offer here: https://www.projectcbd.org/

THC is more known for its pain killing properties, CBD has a lot of medical applications although I dont know if numbing arthritic pain is one of them.

And yes I have tried CBD's for its cancer killing properties and I think it was part of my successful treatment. CBD has a ton of medical applications that scientists are finally starting to figure out. CBD has been known to help and control epilepsy as well.
This NIH circa 2009 seems to thing CBD is good for RA, specifically, or at least for keeping it from getting worse . It states THC is considered an antiflamatory (That's considered to be it's major impact in supplementing cancer treatments.) and that CBD in particular is good for arthritis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828614/
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects approximately 1% of the human population and is manifested in joint destruction, deformity and loss of function associated with joint stiffness, pain, swelling and tenderness [80]. The major immune cell populations involved in joint injury are macrophages, T cells, fibroblast-like synoviocytes and DCs. Major cytokines are TNF-α and IL-1 [80,81]. Cannabinoids and their anti-inflammatory properties have been studied in animal models of RA and on human cells from RA patients and these studies demonstrate the anti-arthritic properties of these natural plant compounds [32, 82–84]. Interestingly, most of the studies on RA and cannabinoids focus on the use of nonpsychoactive cannabinoids.

CBD is the major nonpsychoactive component of the cannabis plant and its protective effect has been shown in murine collagen-induced arthritis [85]. In this study, the authors showed that daily oral (5 mg/kg) or intra-peritoneal (25 mg/kg) administration of CBD inhibited disease progression. Furthermore, the study demonstrated that CBD-treated mice had less proliferation in ex vivo-activated draining lymph node cells, decreased levels of IFN-γ secreted by the activated lymph node cells and diminished TNF-α production by knee synovial cells. Sumariwalla et al. used another synthetic nonpsychoactive cannabinoid, HU-320, and demonstrated that this compound improved already established arthritis in mice [86]. Lymph node cells from HU-320-treated mice showed decreased proliferative responses when the cells from 7-day post-inflammation mice were incubated with collagen II.
I keep considering it as pretty much everything that's wrong with me comes back to inflammation problems manifesting themselves in different ways but it's crazy expensive and I'm still not sure of the legalities here. They need to just to just shit on these laws already and have the FDA/ATF regulate sales and purity and be done with it. But nope. Law abiding citizens get to remain ignorant or without reasonable access.

Maybe I'll talk to my GP about it next time and get his opinion.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Schedule 1: No recognized medicinal uses. :evil:

Federal legalization will become an issue in the next presidential campaign, if it's not addressed before that.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

My son has just started taking Epidiolex, which is the first marijuana-based drug approved for use by the FDA, and is CBD based (no THC). Of course, unless you have Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome or Darvet Syndrome (types of epilepsy), I don't think his experience will be relevant to you. (Plus, I mean it when I say he just started taking it. His first dose was on Friday.)
Kraken wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:40 pm Schedule 1: No recognized medicinal uses. :evil:

Federal legalization will become an issue in the next presidential campaign, if it's not addressed before that.
Not true anymore with respect to no recognized medicinal uses.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

After reading more about it I'm not sure if it's going to help me but my wife has MS and it's supposed to be good for that.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

ImLawBoy wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:41 pm My son has just started taking Epidiolex, which is the first marijuana-based drug approved for use by the FDA, and is CBD based (no THC). Of course, unless you have Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome or Darvet Syndrome (types of epilepsy), I don't think his experience will be relevant to you. (Plus, I mean it when I say he just started taking it. His first dose was on Friday.)
Kraken wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:40 pm Schedule 1: No recognized medicinal uses. :evil:

That was my point. Cannabis is a Schedule 1 drug. The federal definition of a Schedule 1 drug is:

The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical treatment use in the U.S.
It has a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision.

Cannabis doesn't meet any of those criteria. Even if they can't muster the support to legalize it, the feds need to reschedule it to reflect current knowledge. IIRC, the president can do this without an act of congress.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Kraken wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:21 am
ImLawBoy wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:41 pm My son has just started taking Epidiolex, which is the first marijuana-based drug approved for use by the FDA, and is CBD based (no THC). Of course, unless you have Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome or Darvet Syndrome (types of epilepsy), I don't think his experience will be relevant to you. (Plus, I mean it when I say he just started taking it. His first dose was on Friday.)

That was my point. Cannabis is a Schedule 1 drug. The federal definition of a Schedule 1 drug is:

The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical treatment use in the U.S.
It has a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision.

Cannabis doesn't meet any of those criteria. Even if they can't muster the support to legalize it, the feds need to reschedule it to reflect current knowledge. IIRC, the president can do this without an act of congress.
It doesn't make any sense, since the FDA has approved medical uses of cannabis, unless they're somehow excluding things based solely on CBD, which doesn't seem logical. There is an FDA approved drug based on cannabis (CBD), so even if it's still technically listed as Schedule 1, it's no longer accurate to say that this prevents it from being used - legally - for medicinal purposes.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
mori

Post by mori »

I heard this advertised on one of the podcasts I listen too. Sounds interesting but I don't need anything of that nature. Plus it might show up on a drug test.
Last edited by mori on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

mori wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:48 pm I heard this advertised on one of the podcasts I listen too. Sounds interesting but I don't need anything of that nature.
That brand is super expensive for what you get for the money.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

If anyone is interested in trying CBD it would behoove you to try and find a source that is full-spectrum or broad-spectrum CBD versus CBD isolate.

CBD isolate is just CBD extracted and refined until only CBD remains. It often comes from low-THC hemp plants. It can work just fine but the other varieties are increasingly found to work better.

Full-spectrum includes everything in the cannabis plant, all the terpenes, cannabinoids (there are way more than just THC and CBD!), flavonoids etc. and may have very trace amounts of THC, generally .03%. Broad-spectrum contains all the compounds in cannabis minus THC.

The advantage of including these compounds is they offer an entourage effect that is not yet fully understood (thanks to cannabis still being Schedule 1 and very little research yet allowed) but has been anecdotally found to offer more medical benefit than CBD isolate. The disadvantage is you will have a trace amount of THC in your system.

Many vendors will ship full-spectrum to Medical Marijuana states without a medical card needed. It will be left as an exercise to the reader to find these vendors. Most vendors will ship isolate to all 50 states.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Newcastle wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:25 am You can find out more about what CBD has to offer here: https://www.projectcbd.org/
Thanks for the link, awesome site!
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

our local drug store chain started carrying CBD products

https://komonews.com/news/local/you-can ... -locations

of course it's kinda expensive and kept under lock and key:

i was thinking of buying some as xmas presents for friends back in my home state, but i'm not sure if it's legal to transport these over state lines :think:
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I would be careful if you struggle with substance issues. I've heard (and witnessed in one case) how CBD may grease the skids to a relapse.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:12 pm I would be careful if you struggle with substance issues. I've heard (and witnessed in one case) how CBD may grease the skids to a relapse.
Really? /tries to remind self to check this out later. For years I've read that Marijuana and LSD were being studied for use to ween people off various addictions and even obsessions outside of addictions. I never trusted the studies but I found them interesting. Those making their snippets and documentaries never had the full force of broad studies because, well, illegal....
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:12 pm I would be careful if you struggle with substance issues. I've heard (and witnessed in one case) how CBD may grease the skids to a relapse.
You know CBD doesn't get you high at all right? In fact if you are too high, you should smoke CBD because the CBD destroys THC. CBD doesnt get you stoned. PERIOD! Know your shit.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Well, it cam in today and I tried a drop or two at lunch. I haven't been in any pain all afternoon.
I acknowledge that this could all be a coincidence. I do occasionally have pain free afternoons.
I am however growing a tail. :shock:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Newcastle wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:03 pm
You know CBD doesn't get you high at all right? In fact if you are too high, you should smoke CBD because the CBD destroys THC. CBD doesnt get you stoned. PERIOD! Know your shit.
And yet one of the job coaches where I used to work seemed to use it heavily before he relapsed. Could be totally coincidental except I did seem to hear somewhere that it could. All of the searches I did online seem to indicate the opposite may be true. I don't use it either way so I can not personally say.

However if CBD does destroy THC, how is it able to co exist with THC in the same plant? Meh.
Enough

Post by Enough »

A good friend of mine has MS and he has a strong episodic version of it that has resulted in a really stiff body and a lot of pain. He indicates to me that THC/CBD both are now critical to him having a better quality of life. Definitely look into it for your wife!
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Well no shit? I already typed up everything last year I was going to mention this morning.

I stand by what I typed below one year ago but would like to add to this with new info.

Due to the Hemp Farming Act of 2018 this past season was the first year of wide-spread availability of high quality hemp flower on the market. There is a huge variety of low THC bud available in forms from cheap biomass up to boutique hand-trimmed top shelf flowers from many vendors on the internet. Some are direct from the farm and sold by the farmers themselves, some are from middlemen who aggregate crops from many farms.

A lot of this stuff is really nice looking and flavorful and you would be hard pressed to be able to tell you were using cannabis lite. All the effects of CBD and entourage cannabinoids and terpenes (i.e. full spectrum) without any THC effects. Legal to sell in most states, legal to ship to most states and grown in quite a few states if you are into locavorism. Shipped with lab reports to prove low THC requirements and a letter to law enforcement identifying the product as hemp.

The down side is there may be just enough THC to possibly be detected by a drug screen with prolonged use. Some of these hemp strains can be high in THCA which can convert to THC naturally over time or through decarboxylation. New regulations are being considered that will change the definition of hemp to not just include low THC counts but also low THCA counts. Stock up on this years crop if this is a concern.

CBG is the cannabinoid everyone is excited about now and high CBG flowers are just starting to hit the market. Anecdotal reports are that CBG is beneficial in treatment of colitis.

Z-Corn wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:11 pm If anyone is interested in trying CBD it would behoove you to try and find a source that is full-spectrum or broad-spectrum CBD versus CBD isolate.

CBD isolate is just CBD extracted and refined until only CBD remains. It often comes from low-THC hemp plants. It can work just fine but the other varieties are increasingly found to work better.

Full-spectrum includes everything in the cannabis plant, all the terpenes, cannabinoids (there are way more than just THC and CBD!), flavonoids etc. and may have very trace amounts of THC, generally .03%. Broad-spectrum contains all the compounds in cannabis minus THC.

The advantage of including these compounds is they offer an entourage effect that is not yet fully understood (thanks to cannabis still being Schedule 1 and very little research yet allowed) but has been anecdotally found to offer more medical benefit than CBD isolate. The disadvantage is you will have a trace amount of THC in your system.

Many vendors will ship full-spectrum to Medical Marijuana states without a medical card needed. It will be left as an exercise to the reader to find these vendors. Most vendors will ship isolate to all 50 states.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Enough wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:11 pm A good friend of mine has MS and he has a strong episodic version of it that has resulted in a really stiff body and a lot of pain. He indicates to me that THC/CBD both are now critical to him having a better quality of life. Definitely look into it for your wife!
My wife has had MS for over 40 years and CBD didn't seem to affect here one bit.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Delicious! I just went scorched earth on my goatrd. (Goatee+beard) I burned the living s-it out of it. Three years + of growth with very little trimming down the shitter. To this moment I have very little idea of why I did it. I DEFINITELY look better with it then w0
Last edited by Drazzil on Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Heres to the six months of itchiness I face to raise a new one.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:18 am Delicious! I just went scorched earth on my goatrd. (Goatee+beard) I burned the living s-it out of it. Three years + of growth with very little trimming down the shitter. To this moment I have very little idea of why I did it. I DEFINITELY look better with it then w0
You've got a whole thread for your inane shitposting. Why does it have to spread from there?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

So is 1500mg Hemp oil the same as cbd? Not sure what Im looking for other than at least 1500mg full spectrum. Im afraid of wasting any more money.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

2 CBD shops have opened in our neighborhood in the past few months. Both are pet-focused but also offer products for humans. I'm not about to get on that snake oil but I may buy some for the 14-year-old cat if he starts to show aches and pains. Easier than special k.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

dbt1949 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:08 pm
Enough wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:11 pm A good friend of mine has MS and he has a strong episodic version of it that has resulted in a really stiff body and a lot of pain. He indicates to me that THC/CBD both are now critical to him having a better quality of life. Definitely look into it for your wife!
My wife has had MS for over 40 years and CBD didn't seem to affect here one bit.
How high were her dosages?
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I had the liquid type and I gave her a full eye dropper full once a day.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Going to have to do something in the near future I think. My back is killing me. Been disabled since I was a kid with my back. Its gotten a lot worse in the years since. Took opiates for 8 years which helped a lot in the beginning but kinda waned over time and instead of upping them they kept removing pain medicine each year and doc I went. 2010-2014 I took Opana, Hydrocodone, Soma, and Tramadol. It worked well. Didn't hurt me at all and didn't phase me mentally as I still drove and functioned. That doctor quit pain management because he was a internist and the laws changed. 2014-2017 I saw a true pain specialist. Again due to stupid laws made by stupid people with no understanding of opiates and pain themselves that doc removed the soma and opana from my list. I hurt more again. Then he left for a new state. NYC. So the last doc I went to took away my tramadol. Said oh my thats just too strong you cant drive with that both in you. Dude I could take 5 times my dose of hydro and tram together and still drive fine. Did it for 8 years. So I hurt even more and the hydro I did get didn't work as well.

All thats a big reason I simply walked away. I was having to be on a piss test life for little help and a changing landscape that was seriously pissing me off and stressing me out. So I quit on my terms. Not regretted it other than the pain. I have no problems with opiates and they actually do work where not much else if anything does. All last year I took 4 500mg tylenols and 2 800mg ibuprofens each day. It helped my busted hands some but not my back at all. Was like taking jello for it. And now they are starting to make me puke. So not taking them.

Im sitting here typing in pretty awful pain in my back. Just sitting. Ive done nothing. I tried to work on the yard late last year. Back pain shot sky high. SO Ive rested it ..not done a thing at all around here hoping it would improve and Id get back out there. Its not improved and has gotten worse..more pain . For the last 3 weeks the pain has increased in size and area from me just doing nothing. I dont know what Ill end up doing. I dont want the hassle of a pain doc again so thats out. Its why I want to find CBD that actually works. I can afford some every few months I think but not for wasted time and money.

This country and the ones in charge are blooming idiots when it comes to pain and what works and what doesn't. Right now they basically tell you to take some tylenol and you'll be fine. Doesn't matter if its a degenerative thing or a cut off leg or crushed balls. Tylenol is perfect for you. We cant give you stronger. They only know and believe the papers in front of them, the stats that people hands them, or what makes them look good to the rest of the unknowing majority that can re elect them. Pain patients might as well just die and shut up to them.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

dbt1949 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:15 pm I had the liquid type and I gave her a full eye dropper full once a day.
For arthritis relief the recommended dose is 20-35 mg per day. If you have a bottle of 500 mg you are only getting about 12.5 mg per dropper.

You may need as many as three droppers full per day. That 500 mg bottle will probably only last two weeks or so.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Who is recommending these dosages?
The bottle I had cost $25. Two or three bottles a month is out of my price range.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I know. This stuff is high. And here you cant even get high.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

dbt1949 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:38 pm Who is recommending these dosages?
The bottle I had cost $25. Two or three bottles a month is out of my price range.
https://www.rheumatoidarthritis.org/cbd-oil/, they say:
Also, if you’re new to using CBD oil, we recommend you start with 10 milligrams per day to establish a safe, effective amount for you. Most of our RA colleagues end up getting relief when they take 20mg of full spectrum lab grade CBD tincture under the tongue twice per day. It’s important to hold it there for at least 60 seconds. Others with more severe pain go as high as 80mg twice or more per day to get full relief.

Up to 80mg twice a day...crazy expensive!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

My arthritis on my right hand is mostly stiff joints, on my left (dominant) hand I have a trigger finger that's painful when the joint locks but is otherwise annoying. I'm not sure this would be especially helpful at any reasonable dose, since the locking is a biomechanical issue (inflamed nerve unable to move smoothly in it's sheath). I really need something that alleviates the stiffness as I can handle the pain for the most part (although straightening a locked finger is akin to bending a joint backwards).
Black Lives Matter
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I tried CBD when my wife was in cancer treatment and I did not like it one bit. I had incredible vertigo/dizziness from it (and she was on a heavy dose from the medical marijuana clinic -- she asked me to try it because she had a similar response).

I do however use THC edibles for a sore knee and sleeping problems when they crop up -- and it works like magic. I've also since tried CBD edibles from the same source, and I became very dizzy from it. Weird, as I know you're not supposed to feel anything -- but I certainly did.

I'm a big fan of THC though, the 'hangover' of having no stress/anxiety for 24-48 hours is pretty f'ing awesome too.
No.