Disney+ Streaming

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

coopasonic

Re: Disney+ Streaming

Post by coopasonic »

hentzau wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:23 pm I just signed up as well. Now, what are the odds that Samsung will release a native app for their Smart TVs?
For Disney, I'd call it a lock across the board unless their SDK completely sucks.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hentzau wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:23 pm I just signed up as well. Now, what are the odds that Samsung will release a native app for their Smart TVs?
Aren't they just giant Android devices, and thus dependent on what the app maker decides to support?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I am planning on getting the 3 year offer as well, assuming the offer comes through on my newly created D23 account before the offer expires Monday night.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

I don't need ESPN, and I am on hulu without ads, so I don't think the bundle is for me.

But I am heading over to D23 to sign up, and then prepay a 3 years for disney+. I am that confident we will enjoy it. Approx 1/2 the content we watch at my house is either disney or marvel.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
morlac

Post by morlac »

hepcat wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:47 pm You gotta work your way up to 666, man. You can’t just go full on anti-Christ without first priming the pumps with some near anti-Christs. Disney is serving the Dark Lord at a reasonable pace.
Dude 3's are holy numbers. The Holy Trinity, etc. I wasn't kicked out of Catholic Sunday school for not paying attention.

Now, Disney's symbol is mickey's mouse ears, right? And just how many mouse ears are there? And if you multiply that by 3 you get?
Now you get it! They are not working the way up to 666 they're already there man, you just gotta do the math!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

morlac wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:12 pm Dude 3's are holy numbers. The Holy Trinity, etc. I wasn't kicked out of Catholic Sunday school for not paying attention.
It was the 3 nuns you knocked up, wasn't it?
Black Lives Matter
morlac

Post by morlac »

:shock: :lol: :clap:
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I can’t find the offer. I’m a D23 member and it shows I’m signed it, but I can’t find the “my account” menu they say I need to access.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

msteelers wrote:I can’t find the offer. I’m a D23 member and it shows I’m signed it, but I can’t find the “my account” menu they say I need to access.
What are you trying to access it from? I tried from my phone a couple of times and finally needed to log onto a laptop to find the link.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Laptop. I tried safari and chrome. It lays out very clear steps, it’s just that what is on my screen doesn’t match the directions.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

msteelers wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:57 pm Laptop. I tried safari and chrome. It lays out very clear steps, it’s just that what is on my screen doesn’t match the directions.
try this:
https://account.d23.com/

No idea if it will work but that's where the offer sits. "My account" wasn't there as described for me yesterday afternoon, but when I got home and tried it, it was there and now back on my work PC it is there as well. The process was super broken last night and took a half dozen tries to actually get through the payment screen, but eventually I managed to give the mouse all the money.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Thanks. Something weird had happened and even though I had a username and password and could sign in to D23, I wasn't actually a General Member. I clicked on something and it shows that I'm a member as of today. So hopefully I'll be able to get the offer before it expires on Monday.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

msteelers wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:30 am Thanks. Something weird had happened and even though I had a username and password and could sign in to D23, I wasn't actually a General Member. I clicked on something and it shows that I'm a member as of today. So hopefully I'll be able to get the offer before it expires on Monday.
I had the same thing. I think I had a login/pass from converting a disneymoviesnow account or something.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
naednek

Post by naednek »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:38 pm I am planning on getting the 3 year offer as well, assuming the offer comes through on my newly created D23 account before the offer expires Monday night.
It took less than a day to appear on mine. You will get an email stating the link is on your D23 account
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

naednek wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:41 pm
coopasonic wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:38 pm I am planning on getting the 3 year offer as well, assuming the offer comes through on my newly created D23 account before the offer expires Monday night.
It took less than a day to appear on mine. You will get an email stating the link is on your D23 account
I didn't get an email, so don't count on that. Check often.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

In. Now to wait 2.5 months to use it. It's like a Kickstarter for streaming services.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

So, to save $23 per year for 3 years ($69) I have to spend $99 to join this D23 thing? No deal.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:33 pm So, to save $23 per year for 3 years ($69) I have to spend $99 to join this D23 thing? No deal.
You do not have to spend the $99 to join the D23 thing.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:04 pm
Jeff V wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:33 pm So, to save $23 per year for 3 years ($69) I have to spend $99 to join this D23 thing? No deal.
You do not have to spend the $99 to join the D23 thing.

(it's free)
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Oh, I just clicked the link and it wanted $99.
Black Lives Matter
morlac

Post by morlac »

The promotion, it i is dead now.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

I got this done over the weekend.
Signed up for D23 free account, nothing appeared on the D23 web site right away.

And then 2 days later received an email with the offer. It went to my spam folder, err gmail promotions folder.

have to pay the three year price upfront.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I'm ok paying up front because our "entertainment" tax rate is only going up. The got me for 11% this time.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Our one year of $1 a month Hulu ends in November, so I'll likely just re-up to full Hulu sub (no commercials, seriously F commercials) plus the Disney+ bundle with them. Hopefully they have some nifty holiday pricing.

Random Smoove_B fact - this is the first time in ~21 years that my house contains more than one TV. Because apparently the answer to having hundreds (thousands?) of different shows to watch is to get another connected TV.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

The TV with built in ROKU is one of the best purchases I have made in recent years.

its all a out the single remote baby, and its the roku remote, so its super simple.
Unfortunately I did not get the one with voice capability.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

There will be no Muppets Live Another Day on the new Disney+
The ABC Signature-produced comedy, which had been in the works at Disney’s upcoming streaming platform for awhile, had a pilot order. It will not go forward over discrepancy between the writing team’s creative vision and that of the top brass at Disney-owned Muppet Studio.

Along with a scripted comedy series, which underwent two rounds of development with different creative teams, Disney+ had been development a variety series, a reimagening of the classic The Muppet Show. That project was announced at Disney’s recent D23 confab as Muppets Now, a short-form “unscripted” show, featuring celebrity guests. It will debut on Disney+ in 2020.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:09 am There will be no Muppets Live Another Day on the new Disney+

Right? I read it as a Disney didn't green light at all rather than it's just not on Disney+.

MYT
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

I really enjoyed the last muppet series, with Piggy as a talk show host.

Fozzy talks about his love life "I placed an ad for Lonely bear looking for love. I got a lot of wrong replies. I mean , they weren't WRONG, they were just wrong for me"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm going to need you and Jaymann to consolidate your accounts and start posting as one user for the sake of clarity.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Verge
Those interested in Disney’s upcoming streaming service, Disney+, can sign up for the pre-order now.

Disney is offering customers the option to sign up for a monthly subscription pass at $6.99 a month, or an annual fee of $69.99. Those who want to purchase the bundle — which includes Disney+, the sports streaming service ESPN+, and ad-supported Hulu — should wait until launch day on November 12th, the company said in a press release. That subscription will cost $12.99 a month.
The service is also already available in a beta version to customers in The Netherlands.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Verge
If Disney doesn’t agree with Amazon over advertising space, the company could also possibly see a number of its apps removed from Fire TV, including sports streaming service ESPN+. As Disney tries to enter the direct-to-consumer streaming video market and compete with giants like Netflix, it’s crucial to be on Fire TV, which is the second-largest distributor of streaming apps, according to the Journal. The disputes are a result of Amazon wanting the right to sell a “substantial percentage of the ad space on Disney apps,” according to the Journal, but Disney is resisting.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Disney should resist. I wouldn't want to pay for a D+ sub to watch Amazon ads.

MYT
stessier

Post by stessier »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:01 pm Disney should resist. I wouldn't want to pay for a D+ sub to watch Amazon ads.
Roku has ads on the home screen. I can live with that as I can ignore them. Anything during the programs, though, would kill it for me.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Lawbeefaroni wrote:Disney should resist. I wouldn't want to pay for a D+ sub to watch Amazon ads.
And I wouldn't want to pay for D+ sub if I can't watch it on my television which only has a Fire stick. So here we are.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:58 pm
Lawbeefaroni wrote:Disney should resist. I wouldn't want to pay for a D+ sub to watch Amazon ads.
And I wouldn't want to pay for D+ sub if I can't watch it on my television which only has a Fire stick. So here we are.
It's a bad precedent for convenience. Should Android have ads if I watch on my phone? Does Microsoft start showing ads if I watch through an app on my Xbone? All on Disney content.

MYT
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'd vastly prefer no ads, but this is a case of two mega-corporations dickering over money to throw on their already considerable piles of money. I really have no sympathy for Amazon or Disney in the fight.

That said, there's no way Disney won't wind up coming to an agreement.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WSJ
Walt Disney Co. is banning advertising from Netflix Inc. across its entertainment TV networks, according to people familiar with the situation, a sign that the marketing wars over streaming-video are escalating as media giants battle each other for subscribers.
Disney, whose properties include ABC and Freeform, earlier this year put out an edict to staffers that it wouldn’t accept ads from any rival streaming services, but later reversed course and found a compromise with nearly every company, the people familiar with the situation said. The exception was Netflix.
Disney’s ban of Netflix ads marks a significant shift. In the TV industry, it isn’t unusual for TV networks to reject ads from direct rivals, especially if they include the specific time and date when a competing program will air. But broadcasters have generally allowed streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video to advertise, even when it became clear they were luring away viewers.

Now, the landscape is changing. As traditional media companies launch their own streaming services, they will be going head-to-head with the tech giants—and with each other—as never before.
Enough

Post by Enough »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:32 pm I'd vastly prefer no ads, but this is a case of two mega-corporations dickering over money to throw on their already considerable piles of money. I really have no sympathy for Amazon or Disney in the fight.

That said, there's no way Disney won't wind up coming to an agreement.
Dish took it. :o
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

A list of stuff
The Rocketeer