Drazzil Mega Thread: Round table panel skills presentation +Took a home drug test for THC; failed at 45 days sobriety.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Blackhawk

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Bad news and more bad news and a ray of hope.

Post by Blackhawk »

*Raises hand*

I've posted about my own life issues several times over the years. From the decision to go on disability to dealing with deaths to surviving after my divorce to dealing with my special needs child, OO has been there, and they've given me advice that has made a tremendous difference. OO is smarter than me, and I value that. Without their advice, I don't know where I would have turned, but their advice never fixed anything. I had to choose to act on it. The same OOers who helped me keep pouring their energy and efforts into helping you out, and they keep seeing you choose not to act on it. After years, they've gotten tire. Their drive to help has waned, and many have started asking whether you're serious in your need or not.

They'll (we'll) be happy to help you find your answers, but the ball's in your court. Show you are willing to act, and people will help. Show you just want to self-destruct, and people are either going to stop putting int he time and effort of answering you (as many have), or stop giving you the benefit of the doubt (as Stimpy and a few others have.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:07 pmShow you just want to self-destruct, and people are either going to stop putting int he time and effort of answering you (as many have), or they'll :pop:
FTFY

I'm one of those who's happy to try and help until it seems like someone's not really interested in help - then I drop them like a radioactive potato. Ain't got no time or energy for someone who can't do anything for themselves.

This comes from someone who went to Ala-Teen as a kid and walked out after a few months having realized that absolutely nothing in my life would ever improve permanently if I didn't do it myself. That's been a motto I've tried to stick with ever since. Anything anyone else ever does for you is temporary at best. As an atheist, I threw out that "higher power" stuff and put the responsibility on myself to get my shit together and be more than my wrecked home could offer me.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Other people can be absolutely vital in pointing you in the right direction. Even the right doctor can help with medication that can remove blocks to success. But none of them can succeed on your behalf. You have to do that yourself.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:38 am
Drazzil wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:59 pm I am on hold with KP to try to make the appt RIGHT NOW. Isg, thank you for the timely reminder.
When's the appointment?
16th of Jan with the GP. I got her to write me the referrals I needed ahead of time so *thats* settled.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

You guys are absolutely right about everything.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I need to present myself in two weeks to a roundtable hiring event.

Please bring 20 copies of your resume to share.

You will have 5 minutes to present: 3 minutes for your presentation and 2 minutes for questions from PMDEN members. Please include the following information:

1. Your name
2.The type of work that you are looking for
3. Your skill sets
4. The value that you would bring to an organization
5. Finally, ask if anyone has any questions of you
Roman

Post by Roman »

Took an executive coaching class this year.

Most important thing we were taught: You can't force anyone to do something. They have to want it (change etc)
No matter how good a coach or manager you are if they don't want it no amount of coaching/advice will make that happen.
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

This seems to be a recurring theme for you. Job fairs are great but my impression is that you're not doing anything between them to find work. Don't get me wrong - you should go. But you should also be looking for work outside of these orchestrated events. You can't realistically find a job if you're only looking one day a month or every six weeks when these fairs appear. Did I mention always be looking?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Roman wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:01 pm Took an executive coaching class this year.

Most important thing we were taught: You can't force anyone to do something. They have to want it (change etc)
No matter how good a coach or manager you are if they don't want it no amount of coaching/advice will make that happen.
At Cingular, it was always listed as a will vs. skill issues. If someone lacks the skills, you work with them and train them to gain or improve the skills. If it's a will issue, you attempt to find a way to change it or start generating paperwork.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:02 pm This seems to be a recurring theme for you. Job fairs are great but my impression is that you're not doing anything between them to find work. Don't get me wrong - you should go. But you should also be looking for work outside of these orchestrated events. You can't realistically find a job if you're only looking one day a month or every six weeks when these fairs appear. Did I mention always be looking?
He really should have taken that first job that he intimated he was offered, then kept looking for something better.
Hodor.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Agreed. I'm hoping he also realizes this now and doesn't miss out on the next opportunity. You're never in a better position to find a job then when you already have one.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

pr0ner wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:51 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:02 pm This seems to be a recurring theme for you. Job fairs are great but my impression is that you're not doing anything between them to find work. Don't get me wrong - you should go. But you should also be looking for work outside of these orchestrated events. You can't realistically find a job if you're only looking one day a month or every six weeks when these fairs appear. Did I mention always be looking?
He really should have taken that first job that he intimated he was offered, then kept looking for something better.
Yep.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:55 pm Agreed. I'm hoping he also realizes this now and doesn't miss out on the next opportunity. You're never in a better position to find a job then when you already have one.
Besides that, I'm firmly of the opinion that having a job -- almost any job -- adds structure to one's days and compels social interaction, and those two things are good for someone who's adrift.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Kraken wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:07 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:55 pm Agreed. I'm hoping he also realizes this now and doesn't miss out on the next opportunity. You're never in a better position to find a job then when you already have one.
Besides that, I'm firmly of the opinion that having a job -- almost any job -- adds structure to one's days and compels social interaction, and those two things are good for someone who's adrift.
I'm of a hope that I'm still alive in two weeks time. USPS privatized? Iranian generals being murdered by US?! What will we do!? Didn't a soviet professor call this years ago? Why didn't we listen?

I *literally* couldn't breathe! I had to shut CNN down!
WTF?!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Circle of control, Drazzil. Circle of control. Focus on what you can do. Finding a job is in your control. USPS being privatized and a looming war in Iran, not so much.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:47 pm Circle of control, Drazzil. Circle of control. Focus on what you can do. Finding a job is in your control. USPS being privatized and a looming war in Iran, not so much.
Thank you! I just got off an e mail with a lady who complinented my resume. If my head gets any bigger I'm gonna start referring to myself in the third person.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:39 pm
AWS260 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:35 pm Good luck, man. One step (of pants shitting terror) at a time.
Can't shit your pants in terror if you aren't wearing any.
Obviously, he was wearing his interview pants, which is why he now apparently needs new ones.
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:53 pm Thank you! I just got off an e mail with a lady who complinented my resume. If my head gets any bigger I'm gonna start referring to myself in the third person.
I used to get that a lot, mostly from recruiters who would then import into Word then tweak the hell out of it for each job they put me up for because the more I can sound like their ideal candidate, the better. Moral of that story is don't sit on a fixed resume/CV; know what you are applying for and try to spin your resume to sound more like their dream candidate.

Using my company as an example, whenever we have an opening, the only people getting interviews are those who very nearly match the job description 100%. In most cases, I'd be fine with lower-level trainees who are motivated to learn, but HR filters out the less perfect candidates so we never see more than a handful of perfectly qualified finalists.
Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:11 pm
Roman wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:01 pm Took an executive coaching class this year.

At aCingular, it was always listed as a will vs. skill issues. If someone lacks the skills, you work with them and train them to gain or improve the skills. If it's a will issue, you attempt to find a way to change it or start generating paperwork.
Cingular!! Long time since I heard that!!
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Jeff V wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:41 pm
Drazzil wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:53 pm Thank you! I just got off an e mail with a lady who complinented my resume. If my head gets any bigger I'm gonna start referring to myself in the third person.
I used to get that a lot, mostly from recruiters who would then import into Word then tweak the hell out of it for each job they put me up for because the more I can sound like their ideal candidate, the better. Moral of that story is don't sit on a fixed resume/CV; know what you are applying for and try to spin your resume to sound more like their dream candidate.

Using my company as an example, whenever we have an opening, the only people getting interviews are those who very nearly match the job description 100%. In most cases, I'd be fine with lower-level trainees who are motivated to learn, but HR filters out the less perfect candidates so we never see more than a handful of perfectly qualified finalists.
Funny you should say that. The marketer in me called Jenniferj of incight and asked her if she knew who was showing up to PMDEN so I could tailor my presentation to each company. Jennifer does not know who is showing up so I gotta call PMDEN specifically to get that info, and it is not allowed to tailor the presentation to one company. The best shot I have is to find out whos sitting in and tailor it to them.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

And now you understand why I have such a low opinion of "job fairs".
Black Lives Matter

Post by Default »

https://postalnews.com/blog/2019/12/27/ ... really-no/

Sounds like bullshit to me. 45* has bigger problems than killing us.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Jeff V wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:05 pm And now you understand why I have such a low opinion of "job fairs".
Guess who overhauled his gorram resume today? Who spoke with Jennifer of PMDEN and is getting clothing donated for him?!

THIS GUY!!

Hahahahaha!!
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Blackuweather.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Its raining sideways!
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I am fucking *TERRIFIED** of losing my place and having to dispose of my cats.

Terrified!!
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

To be honest you have been unsure of life (and yourself) to the nth degree since you first started posting here some 15 years ago.
Nobody here can change you. It's something you need to do yourself.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Roman

Post by Roman »

At Cingular, it was always listed as a will vs. skill issues. If someone lacks the skills, you work with them and train them to gain or improve the skills. If it's a will issue, you attempt to find a way to change it or start generating paperwork.
Yup. Back in May I finally pulled the trigger and generated the paperwork for someone who I tried in vain to help. Zero will = %100 termination. Wasn't easy but my team was skilled enough to fill the 'void' generated. Been smooth sailing ever since.
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Roman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:21 pm

Yup. Back in May I finally pulled the trigger and generated the paperwork for someone who I tried in vain to help. Zero will = %100 termination. Wasn't easy but my team was skilled enough to fill the 'void' generated. Been smooth sailing ever since.
Cingulars still around? Color me shocked. Man I thought the anxiety I am feeling would have started to dissapate by now.

I guess I'm finally starting to feel truly alone for the first time since I checked mom into a home. I'm the only one responsible for me for the first time in my life. Even if a roof over my head and utilities paid seems to be (short term) guranteed. I am still feeling extremely anxious. Its like the anxiety of the withdrawals gets worse as time goes on. If I'm not feeling better on monday I might have to check myself somewhere for some emergency counciling.
Last edited by Drazzil on Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:26 pm

Cingulars still around? Color me shocked.
Yeah....because THATS what he wanted you to take away from the post...…..lol
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

stimpy wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:33 pm
Drazzil wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:26 pm

Cingulars still around? Color me shocked.
Yeah....because THATS what he wanted you to take away from the post...…..lol
I know the point he was trying to make. I need to show more drive to accomplish my goals like... Immediately. I understand on every level that this needs to happen. The time for talk about doing things is over and I need to do more and talk less.

I need to show more will. More drive to succeed.
hitbyambulance

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Finally got things turned around

Post by hitbyambulance »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:33 pm Volunteer. Go find a local charity and work for them. Gets you out of the house, provides productive work, and networking opportunities.
re-posting for truth.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

hitbyambulance wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:24 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:33 pm Volunteer. Go find a local charity and work for them. Gets you out of the house, provides productive work, and networking opportunities.
re-posting for truth.
Nods. I need to find a cat charity.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:30 pm
hitbyambulance wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:24 pm
re-posting for truth.
Nods. I need to find a cat charity.
there are more than a few in Portland. i have a friend who goes down there every few weeks to participate in their feral cat capture/sterilize/release efforts.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:30 pmNods. I need to find a cat charity.
Not if it involves you adopting 5 more cats, no. If you can help them without taking on more responsibility then do it. Otherwise, find something else.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Volunteer with an agency that helps those in need and you’ll realize you have much to be thankful for and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Get your ass out of the house and be productive and help someone since you don’t seem to want to help yourself.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Xmann wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:28 pm Volunteer with an agency that helps those in need and you’ll realize you have much to be thankful for and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Get your ass out of the house and be productive and help someone since you don’t seem to want to help yourself.
+1
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I gotta turn over a new leaf starting monday.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

So what are you going to do with Sunday?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

it’s still 6:30pm Saturday PST. new leaf it asap and do something productive now, even if it’s just doing laundry or cleaning the bathroom (which is what i’m doing tonight.) start small, but start _now_.