Van ploughs into pedestrians in Toronto

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Paingod

Re: Van ploughs into pedestrians in Toronto

Post by Paingod »

I think we've reached a point where we need to shut down the internet for a year and shake out all the crawlies before we turn it back on.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Paingod wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:38 pm I think we've reached a point where we need to shut down the internet for a year and shake out all the crawlies before we turn it back on.
As much as that would hurt me personally, and damn would that hurt, I'm totally on board. We've taken the most incredible innovation in what? a hundred years anyway, and we've found some seriously fd up stuff to do it. I understand the good enormously outweighs the bad here except that the bad seems to be able to put down their crazy just long enough to 'make sure 10-20 people die every couple of weeks. That being the case it feels more like a draw than a win for the good. Maybe just getting pessimistic at 3am....? :confusion-shrug:

Edit: and can we talk about how insane the philosophy of 'I can't get laid so I'll kill all women' is?? Probably not since I don't think anyone here fits in that particular straight jacket but I still find myself occasionally surprised and shocked, somehow, despite my pessimism and low expectations by some people. It's usually not a happy experience I'm sad to say.
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Information on the cop that made the arrest rather than be baited into shooting him. Based on what I saw on the news he was an engineer at Bell for 14 years but wanted to do more for the community so became a cop for the last 9

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4634995
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:50 amIt takes a special kind of shitbag to do what this guy did and I don't think a cheap handjob or hotel sex would change him.
I agree. From how they talk and act, what I see in 'incels' are guys who are marginalized and don't want to be. They are sort of like Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver. They want to be one of the cool kids, in this case one of those guys women are drawn towards. That's why I think merely having sex isn't going to fix them. They'll always be unhappy with the woman they are having sex with(if they had sex) because their focus is on the women who won't have sex with them.

In the Stephen King book The Stand one of the characters, who was probably an incel now that I think about it, reflects on how an outsider, if he joins with other outsiders suddenly experiences a transformation and becomes an insider. All the fringe groups on the internet fall into this category. Pre-internet they'd be isolated, writing in journals no one but themselves would read. Now? They have communities online. Imagine that, forming a community online with like minded people. What crazy idea, no wonder it attracts the deranged!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Guardian
A Canadian man who killed 10 people when he drove a rental van on to a crowded Toronto sidewalk has been found guilty of murder, after a judge rejected defense arguments that he was unable to understand the consequence of his actions.

[He] was convicted of 10 counts of first-degree murder and 16 counts of attempted murder in a hearing held online on Wednesday.

Ontario superior court justice Anne Molloy said the accused had craved infamy for his killings, and refused to use his name, referring to him throughout as “John Doe”.
Prosecutors had argued that the accused – motivated by his hatred of women and radicalized on online forums – wanted infamy and was willing to kill as many innocent people as he could to achieve it.

Speaking with police following his arrest in 2018, the accused told officers that he belonged to an online subculture of men who blame women for their sexual frustration – and that he drew inspiration from others who used violence as a form of retribution for “being unable to get laid”.
Lawyers from both sides will return to court on March 18 to discuss a timeline for sentencing.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im sure he'll no longer have that trouble of getting laid in the near future.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I still don't find rape jokes funny.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

I appreciate the judge and others of witholding the name, and denying the accused of the infamy he was seeking.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.