[Film] Shazam! - April 2019

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

[Film] Shazam! - April 2019

Post by Isgrimnur »

Screen Rant
Shazam! started filming in February and is the latest DCEU film to enter production following completion of James Wan’s Aquaman. While the movie will be decidedly different from past DCEU movies – particularly because its main character is a kid that transforms into a superhero by exclaiming the word, “Shazam!” – it’s still part of WB’s DC Comics-based cinematic universe. Since Shazam! doesn’t hit theaters for another year, Warner Bros. doesn’t appear to be in any rush to start marketing the film. After all, two set photos have already leaked, showing off Levi’s Shazam costume, yet Warners still hasn’t released the official first look. And now, the leaks have gotten even worse for the studio as a new set video shows Levi’s superhero doing what heroes do best: saving people.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
McNutt

Re: [Film] Shazam! - April 2019

Post by McNutt »

Count me in!

Wait, I meant to type out.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

As a Shazam fan, I have no complaints so far.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I kind of love that old-school costume.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

As long as it isn't Man of Steel brown-red.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just saw this (thanks free HBO/Starz weekend!) and thought it was really good. The tone was spot-on and it really felt like they captured what a 14 year old would do if suddenly given super powers (at least, in the context of this story). I thought the actor playing Shazam was awesome and it had just enough connection to other DC titles to make it clear he was part of that universe - unlike Venom where there were none. After all the DC clunkers, this was a pleasant surprise.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:54 pm Just saw this (thanks free HBO/Starz weekend!) and thought it was really good. The tone was spot-on and it really felt like they captured what a 14 year old would do if suddenly given super powers (at least, in the context of this story). I thought the actor playing Shazam was awesome and it had just enough connection to other DC titles to make it clear he was part of that universe - unlike Venom where there were none. After all the DC clunkers, this was a pleasant surprise.
Zach Levy from Chuck fame. I was really pleased with his casting for this, thought it was spot on. I thought they went a little bit too Black Adam with Silvana, he was always more creepy mad scientist than punchy super guy, but whatever. Love the little touches, like references to Talky Tawny and the Mr. Mind cameo.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire