RIP Rose Marie

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

tgb

RIP Rose Marie

Post by tgb »

I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Jeff V

Re: RIP Rose Marie

Post by Jeff V »

Wow. I thought she's been gone for decades. Didn't she used to pimp Bounty paper towels? If so, it's still my favorite brand just from that ancient ad campaign.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

At least Carl Reiner is still hanging in there.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Jeff V wrote:Wow. I thought she's been gone for decades. Didn't she used to pimp Bounty paper towels? If so, it's still my favorite brand just from that ancient ad campaign.
Not sure if you’re being funny or not, but the Bounty ad campaign was around Rosie’s Diner, and I’m pretty sure it was Nancy Walker that was playing the part of Rosie.

Rose Marie was most famous for playing Sally Rogers on the Dick Van Dyke show. She has recently had a documentary (Wait For Your Laugh) premier. She was pretty active on Twitter for the past several months. And it’s arguable that she had the longest active career in show business, spanning almost 90 years (she started as a child radio star and singer.)
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Link to a nice obituary.

(If you guys couldn’t tell, I’m kind of a fan. )
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
tgb

Post by tgb »

Sally Rogers was based on Selma Diamond, who was a writer for Sid Caesar's Your Show of Shows. The real Selma Diamond makes a brief appearance in My Favorite Year, also based on Sid Caesar.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

I mainly know her from the old Dick Van Dyke Show. She seemed old to me then so yea, I figured she was already dead. But 94 is a pretty good run. And she was funny and talented.
Black Lives Matter