[movie] Deadpool 2

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Re: [movie] Deadpool 2

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ah. I hadn't scrolled back farther than the f-bomb count.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

You (seemingly) participated in the entire conversation about it.
:clap:
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's been a long year.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Our little bammer is tired. Leave him alone!
He won. Period.
naednek

Post by naednek »

This is a glorious day.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:13 am Image
OMG do you actually watch this??? Honestly Wrecked is my absolute favorite comedy show on TV, I always feel so bad it seems like nobody I know has heard of or seen it. I still can't get over the "chest match" episode lol. My priest-like character attacks your prawn!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I do not, but based off of its gif game maybe I should...

rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:16 pm I do not, but based off of its gif game maybe I should...
Sorry to go off topic, but anyway... it (Wrecked, the tbs.com website says you can watch every episode now, but I'm not sure) starts off as kind of a Lost parody but it quickly deviates and takes on its own crazy personality. There are 3 seasons, and each is very different from the last. The third one has a sort of Hunger Games theme which I loved. There are a couple of characters I didn't like at first, but they all kind of grew on me. I don't think I've laughed harder during any TV show in the last few years, but it may just be me. I'm really hoping they'll get one more renewal but it doesn't look good.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Wow, Season 1 five bucks on Amazon. May have to try it.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Finally showed up on my cable company's on demand service.

10x better than the first. Haven't laughed that hard at a movie in years. Possibly ever.

I thought the first was good. This was crazy.

Holy shit balls!

Domino was great, and while I like boobs as much (or more) than most, I really wish hers weren't on constant display, it took away from the character/acting. Edit:. I didn't know who Domino was going in, and during the interview process I assumed she was another nobody. I certainly didn't know she was supposed to be a certain race. Right now all I know about Domino is that she's luck based superhero and she can handle Deadpool's bullshit without blinking. And the boobs, but that's not my fault.

Team X-force? Sweet. Even Steve (or Pete, or whatever his name was) was better than I expected based on the commercials. I don't care about Cable or Josh Brolin, but this movie may have changed that. I'm not a fan of breaking the 4th wall, but the delivery and jokes were bang on.

I don't care what anyone says, I like Reynolds, and as Deadpool, he shines.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

hepcat wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:01 pm Although the legs scene was worth the entire last hour alone for me.
Wow. That might be the one scene that I felt was forced and tired. I found that scene to be annoying and it couldn't end fast enough for me.

We are seeing this film through polar opposite viewpoints.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

pr0ner wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:17 am I'm pretty sure the Deadpool universe gives zero shits about universe and timeline continuity, seeing as how:
Spoiler:
The X-Men cameo in the mansion were the "set in the 90s" version of the cast from the Dark Phoenix movie.
+1. That's my understanding of the Deadpool universe as well. Otherwise all the 4th wall and "I'm a movie" self awareness doesn't work.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

For anyone who can't quite make out what Colossus says near the end no matter how loud or how many times you rewind it.

Let's go before fuckernaut wakes up
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:00 pm Fatal accident on set
Police confirm a female stunt driver has died following an accident on the Deadpool 2 set in downtown Vancouver.
HR
Government investigators into the 2017 motorcycle stunt person death on the set of Deadpool 2 have concluded the fatality was due to inadequate planning and other safety violations by the filmmakers and not rider error, it was announced Wednesday.

"TCF (TCF Vancouver Productions Ltd) failed to conduct a risk assessment addressing safety controls, speed of the motorcycle, and equipment limitations," WorkSafeBC, the Canadian equivalent of OSHA, wrote in its final report after investigating the workplace fatality.

"The employer failed to complete important health and safety documentation, including a stunt safety inspection checklist and a production activity notification checklist, as required by its own health and safety program," the agency added.
WorkSafeBC investigators added that the inadequate workplace setup and planning extended to TCF failing "to ensure that the workplace was designed with safety controls in place so that the stunt performer or the motorcycle could not proceed beyond the perimeter of the film set," including safety barriers.

The investigation report also cited a "lack of safety headgear," as required by occupational health and safety regulations, as another cause of the workplace death. "TCF failed to ensure the health and safety of the stunt performer by failing to provide adequate supervision with respect to this work activity."
The findings of the WorkSafeBC investigation may result in an administrative penalty due to violations of the Workers' Compensation Act or the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation. The agency is now considering whether to impose a penalty based on its findings.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive got some time travel questions. Ive watched tons of reaction videos and clips but not seen the entire movie so maybe Ive just missed seeing the answers. But usually with time travel there is no answer but ya never know.

Spoiler:
1. Russel the kid looks to be about 15 and in the future maybe 30. So that would mean Cable is from only 20 years in the future right? He has some major tech for just 20 years. Also if he came back only 20 years wouldn't his younger self and future wife be alive in this time?

2. Deadpool is like Wolverine in that his healing makes him pretty immortal. And in only 20 years why wouldn't Cable have heard of him? Or maybe he just didn't recognize him out of his red suit?

3. Cable had 2 charges to his time watch. Yet Deadpool used it at least 4 or 5 times at the end of the movie. So in the future he cant get enough fuel but in the past they can?

4. Deadpool went back to when Xforce died and saved just Peter? What about the rest?

5. and non time related.....gotta say the clean rip Juggernaut did to Wade looked wrong...should have been full of pulled apart entrails.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm pretty sure Deadpool 2 is streaming on every service known to humanity at this point, so you have no excuse not to watch it.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Does he even have any streaming services?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I assume since he has internet, he has access to some streaming services. I know it's on hulu and they have a free trial, for example.
He won. Period.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:43 am
Spoiler:
1. Russel the kid looks to be about 15 and in the future maybe 30. So that would mean Cable is from only 20 years in the future right? He has some major tech for just 20 years. Also if he came back only 20 years wouldn't his younger self and future wife be alive in this time?

2. Deadpool is like Wolverine in that his healing makes him pretty immortal. And in only 20 years why wouldn't Cable have heard of him? Or maybe he just didn't recognize him out of his red suit?

3. Cable had 2 charges to his time watch. Yet Deadpool used it at least 4 or 5 times at the end of the movie. So in the future he cant get enough fuel but in the past they can?

4. Deadpool went back to when Xforce died and saved just Peter? What about the rest?

5. and non time related.....gotta say the clean rip Juggernaut did to Wade looked wrong...should have been full of pulled apart entrails.
Some answers, maybe:
Spoiler:
  1. Mutants. Who can say how fast they age. I just called it "Hollywood" and didn't even consider it.
  2. No one knows, but Deadpool isn't always the hero looking for glory that would shine brightly for the world to see. He tends to prefer to be less called upon and more self-interested.
  3. At the very end, Yukio repairs/recharges it. They explicitly say this.
  4. Because "Deadpool". Peter was the only one he cared about.
  5. Who's to say. Juggernaut is supposed to be phenomenally strong. Ripping a person in half for him may be as hard as ripping a sheet of paper for you. Try pulling apart some silly putty. If you do it fast enough, with enough force, it just snaps. It doesn't stretch.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.