News about Netflix exclusive films and content

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

rittchard

Re: Netflix exclusive films and content

Post by rittchard »

Grifman wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:12 am My brother worked on this Netflix exclusive about a child developing superpowers and his mother having to deal with those arising powers and the implications for her and her son:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3nea3x55Go

The trailer looks great I think - hopefully it will be good.
Whoa that looks really good, is he like all the X-Men rolled into one?

I'm a fan of Jason Ritter so that's just a bonus. What did your brother work on for this?
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Grifman wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:12 am My brother worked on this Netflix exclusive about a child developing superpowers and his mother having to deal with those arising powers and the implications for her and her son:

I'm a fan of Jason Ritter so that's just a bonus. What did your brother work on for this?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

You had me at Michael B. Jordan.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Two words: Fantastic Four
He won. Period.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

hepcat wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:01 pm Two words: Fantastic Four
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol: :lol:
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Disenchantment is back. And the Between the Ferns movie is up. I'm set for the weekend. :)
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It's been announced that GLOW has been given one more season to wrap things up. We're about halfway through S3 right now, so I'm happy to hear they're going to let them give the show an official ending.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
JCC

Post by JCC »

I was frustratingly bored and disappointed with GLOW through the first 4 episodes of season 3. Thankfully the next 3 have been much better. There is a remarkable lack of wrestling this season in a show that is ostensibly about a wrestling company. That isn't my complaint about the start of season 3 - it's more of a surprised observation. I just found the first 4 episodes to be boring as shit. Anyway, glad it improved as it went along and will most likely watch the season finale on Sunday.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

rittchard wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:53 pm

I don't know the details of the story so I can't say about what his powers are. My brother was the location manager for the show.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

hepcat wrote:And the Between the Ferns movie is up.
This had me crying at points. I was skeptical of stretching it out to feature length but it's highly entertaining.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

"You've won an Oscar for best actress, do you feel like you could shoot higher and win one for best actor?"

:lol:
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Time for horror movies:

It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Looks like fun. Let’s just hope it doesn’t include a blindfolded Sandra Bullock at any point.
He won. Period.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Started watching a French horror show called “Marianne” tonight. Only one episode in but it’s pretty creepy. I have no idea how good it’ll end up being, but after the first episode at least I’d recommend it for horror fans. It has a The Witch mashed with A Nightmare on Elm Street vibe.
Black Lives Matter
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:44 pm Started watching a French horror show called “Marianne” tonight. Only one episode in but it’s pretty creepy. I have no idea how good it’ll end up being, but after the first episode at least I’d recommend it for horror fans. It has a The Witch mashed with A Nightmare on Elm Street vibe.
Sounds perfect for me!

I'm about 5 eps into Mindhunter now. I can see why I fell asleep the first time, the first ep is a little slow. I can't say I'm super hooked but I'm going to try to stay with it. Jonathan Groff is just adorable, but maybe that's a part of the problem. The partner guy is just OK. I do love Anna Torv, she definitely upgrades the overall feel of the show. I'm still waiting for that special something...

This Friday, Ben Platt's The Politician comes out, really looking forward to that.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:44 pm Started watching a French horror show called “Marianne” tonight. Only one episode in but it’s pretty creepy. I have no idea how good it’ll end up being, but after the first episode at least I’d recommend it for horror fans. It has a The Witch mashed with A Nightmare on Elm Street vibe.
I started it a couple of times, but the whole "horror novelist as the victim" shtick annoys me. I'll have to get past that though as I've heard good things about it.
He won. Period.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Mrs. Kub and I finished watching The Dark Crystal - Age of Resistance over the weekend and enjoyed it - even watched the making of feature (at over 90 minutes, it's a feature, not a featurette). That was pretty cool too.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Exodor wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:23 pm El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

October 11.

:horse:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Took me too long, but I finally finished Dark Crystal today. Absolutely loved everything about it. Very interested to see what they do next, given where things ultimately have to end up.
YellowKing wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:13 am
hepcat wrote:And the Between the Ferns movie is up.
This had me crying at points. I was skeptical of stretching it out to feature length but it's highly entertaining.

It did nothing for me, and I think the B2F shorts are hilarious.

The celebrity cameos are fun and the actual interviews were still pretty funny, but the actual movie between them was a complete dud.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

B2F had me laughing out loud at points. It's worth watching, but don't expect a good story or long stretches of brilliance. It has its moments and enough of them to enjoy it.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sam Worthington...for those times when Karl Urban can’t be found.
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Watching The Sniffer on Netflix. Quite an interesting series, that one. It's a Russian mystery series where the main character is a detective with a very good nose, able to hone in on scents. It's well-produced and quite fun to watch. One interesting detail I've noticed is that the main character drives an American muscle car, a Dodge Charger.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I really don't know how Worthington keeps getting starring roles. He conveys so little emotion that I quickly forget he's on the screen. As I've said before, he has the best agent in the business.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Sam Worthington is the new Mark Wahlberg?
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Mark Wahlberg is the new Mark Wahlberg.

I have the same thoughts on Worthington as McNutt. However, Worthington is still Sir Lawrence Olivier in comparison to Wahlberg. He has all the depth of a kiddie pool.
He won. Period.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

hepcat wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:14 am Mark Wahlberg is the new Mark Wahlberg.

I have the same thoughts on Worthington as McNutt. However, Worthington is still Sir Lawrence Olivier in comparison to Wahlberg. He has all the depth of a kiddie pool.
I thought of you, hep, when I watched the Pitch Meeting video for The Happening. :lol:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The last thing I want in this world is to be synonymous with Mark Wahlberg. :snooty:
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:14 am Mark Wahlberg is the new Mark Wahlberg.

Could be worse. They could be casting Manu Bennett. The wife and I are currently working our way through the Shannara series. Eeesh.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Mark Wahlberg tries to convey emotion. He's usually just bad at it, so pick your poison.

I must admit that I did like Wahlberg in Boogie Nights and The Departed. I wrestle with my conscience every night over that.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He actually showed promise in Boogie Nights (I can't remember Departed enough to comment on that one...I should watch it again someday). But soon after that he seemed to become obsessed with his image and started only taking roles in which he's an expressionless action hero or expressionless tough guy. He just seems to be afraid to come across as anything but a man's man. To the point where he's now just a walking cautionary tale about becoming a cartoonish hack.
He won. Period.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

He was pretty vulnerable in Ted.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

By vulnerable, do you mean "cracked a smile"?
He won. Period.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Let's not go over the top!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

hepcat wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:00 pm (I can't remember Departed enough to comment on that one...I should watch it again someday)
Just remember Ralph Wiggum's sage words: "The rat symbolizes obviousness."
That's my purse! I don't know you!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:08 pm Let's not go over the top!
CLEAR THE STAGE, HE"S GONNA TRY TO EMOTE!!!
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Oy! Peaky Blinders is back!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Whoo hoo! In!
He won. Period.
A nonny mouse

Post by A nonny mouse »

rittchard wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:00 pm
Sounds perfect for me!

I'm about 5 eps into Mindhunter now. I can see why I fell asleep the first time, the first ep is a little slow. I can't say I'm super hooked but I'm going to try to stay with it. Jonathan Groff is just adorable, but maybe that's a part of the problem. The partner guy is just OK. I do love Anna Torv, she definitely upgrades the overall feel of the show. I'm still waiting for that special something...

This Friday, Ben Platt's The Politician comes out, really looking forward to that.
Mindhunter definitely requires the right mindset - it seems "slow", but is fantastic in overall scope and story.

By "the partner guy" you mean Holt McCallany (agent Tench) and by "just o.k." you mean pretty much carries the show then you are correct. :D

I never watched "Fringe" but I don't understand the love for Anna Torv. If you left her character out, you wouldn't change the show much - I definitely do not think she "upgrades the feel of the show" except more pursed lips and coldness.

I realize her character is supposed to be cold, but it gets really boring after awhile.

everyone thinks Anna torv "grew" the most for season 3, but she is more of the same.

Groff is the one who is deeper in the 2nd season, especially when he and the Black FBI agent (Albert Jones - Agent Barney) are interviewing some of the prisoners - some of the his subtle eye expressions just killed me. So good.

The most interesting thing is, except for Tench who has the gruff, tough outward appearance, he is the only one who has some emotional connection and seems bother by all the stuff. The other characters are not really bothered (or affected) by the actions, and it seems like they are psychopathic themselves (no real emotions).

Anyway, great show overall and looking forward to S3.
I find television very educational. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx