TRON 3 to film this fall

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

TRON 3 to film this fall

Post by Daehawk »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/10/ ... c36b00003f

I STILL have not seen that second one. I missed it at theaters and just never wanted to see it anywhere but there.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Pyperkub

Re: TRON 3 to film this fall

Post by Pyperkub »

Daehawk wrote:http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/10/ ... c36b00003f

I STILL have not seen that second one. I missed it at theaters and just never wanted to see it anywhere but there.
It completely lost the soul and humor of the first one. It was just kind of there, IMHO.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Good summary. I thought the music was good but the story a d excitement were lacking.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

According to some website I read one time, the sequel to Tron is The Matrix. That makes sense in a dark, evil way. Even an OO way, but I don't like it.

I want Tron to be about exploration and the unknown and crap like that, not evil AIs taking over humanity like that other thread about exactly that in EBG. Look at me, I'm a hollywood executive!

Don't screw up Tron 3. That background premise reel you want to cut from the movie? LEAVE IT IN.

Tron + Tron 2.0 Game = possible awesome, dead end. End boss fight blew chunks of course.

Tron + Tron disney cartoon (good, IMO) + Tron Lebowski = less awesome, try harder for Tron 3.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Visually Tron 2 was pretty awesome.

CGI Jeff Bridges, on the other hand....

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

I thought CGI Jeff Bridges was pretty good. Not great, at all, but good. Of course I didn't see it on a big screen, though. Still, I would argue that the soundtrack for Tron 2 by Daft Punk was among the best soundtracks ever. If they can get Daft Punk for Tron 3 I would be in it just for that.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I mean, technology wise it was amazing. But it didn't escape the uncanny valley. I really hope CGI aging/de-aging doesn't become a popular thing. Then again, it's not as if they ever reached perfection with makeup. With CGI, perhaps they eventually can.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
milo

Post by milo »

I still don't understand how they missed the opportunity to incorporate the friggin' Internet into the story for TR2N. Seriously, they did a story about a bunch of AIs living in a mainframe that wasn't connected to anything? Who cares?

Think how much cooler it would have been to have the hero(es) chasing the villain(s) from one networked server to another around the globe, with different-looking cultural environments for each. Or maybe they could have incorporated some aspect of all the mobile devices that people carry around all day. Or the so-called Internet-of-things.
--milo
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

milo wrote: I still don't understand how they missed the opportunity to incorporate the friggin' Internet into the story for TR2N.
That way lies Lawnmower Man. Or Electric Dreams.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Isgrimnur wrote:Or Electric Dreams.
You shut your pirate hooker mouth, Moles.
There is no hug button. Sad!
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Sudy Nym wrote:I really hope CGI aging/de-aging doesn't become a popular thing.
Has it even been used anywhere else? I've seen them use it on still photos that they've presented in movies, but can't think of them using it in any other "live" type setting on TV or film.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The Terminator movies.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

cheeba wrote:
Has it even been used anywhere else? I've seen them use it on still photos that they've presented in movies, but can't think of them using it in any other "live" type setting on TV or film.
During the scene in Winter Soldier when Captain America visits old Peggy Carter, they filmed it with her and separately with an older woman, and combined the two faces with computerzzz.
Last edited by Suitably Ironic Moniker on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:
cheeba wrote:
During the scene in Winter Soldier] when Captain America visits old Peggy Carter, they filmed it with her and separately with an older woman, and combined the two faces with computerzzz.

And it looked ridiculous to me.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

I didn't mind it. I thought it looked better than most practical effects for aging.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:
cheeba wrote:
During the scene in Winter Soldier when Captain America visits old Peggy Carter, they filmed it with her and separately with an older woman, and combined the two faces with computerzzz.
Huh. I have no recollection of that. Will have to watch it again I guess.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

cheeba wrote:

Maybe not quite the same thing, but with Superman Returns, they had to digitally recreate Marlon Brando to look the way he did in the earlier Superman movies. That might count as some form of de-aging.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Laner

Post by Laner »

CGI Jeff bridges reminded me of Shrek's Prince Charming

Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

All I know is that I hope they use Daft Punk to do the soundtrack for it and the Black Hole remake if they ever make that. I liked Tron 2, mostly because the soundtrack pushed it up a few notches.

The CGI Bridges didn't bother me too much, since he was supposed to be a computerised version anyway.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Sleep mode
Tron 3 won't be coming to a theater near you.

Disney has chosen not to move forward with a third installment in the sci-fi series, sources say. While sources say the project was never officially greenlit, earlier this year it seemed that things were moving ahead with Tron:Legacy helmer Joseph Kosinski returning to direct and stars Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund reprising their roles.

Prep had been started on the third film, and production was looking to begin this fall, likely in Vancouver, British Columbia. Disney had been interested in adding Jared Leto to the cast, but an offer and negotiations never commenced.
Disney's live-action tentpole calendar is pretty full for the next few years, with live-action versions of many of its animated classics in the works, including The Jungle Book, Alice: Through the Looking Glass and Beauty and the Beast.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Bummer, I quite liked the reboot. It's crazy to me a $230 million profit on the last film doesn't warrant a sequel.
Disney has been developing a sequel to Tron:Legacy since the movie, made for $170 million, grossed $400 million worldwide.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Skinypupy wrote:Bummer, I quite liked the reboot. It's crazy to me a $230 million profit on the last film doesn't warrant a sequel.
Disney has been developing a sequel to Tron:Legacy since the movie, made for $170 million, grossed $400 million worldwide.
Me too. I liked TR2N and, like others, especially the sound track.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Yeah, I liked Tron: Legacy. Not that it was the greatest movie evar, but I thought it was well done and the plot was interesting enough.

I will say that in any event Tron3 was unlikely to meet the high "going to the movie theatre when I have young kids" bar, so any sequel is somewhat academic for me.
Black Lives Matter.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sudy Nym wrote:Visually Tron 2 was pretty awesome.

I enjoyed Tron 2. It was no Tron, but it was mostly ok with some neat special effects. They even managed to make some of the units from the first one less dumb looking/seeming.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

GreenGoo wrote:
Sudy Nym wrote:Visually Tron 2 was pretty awesome.

I enjoyed Tron 2. It was no Tron, but it was mostly ok with some neat special effects. They even managed to make some of the units from the first one less dumb looking/seeming.

I thought it was fairly good for what they set out to do. They mostly kept it in synch with the original while giving us an expanded idea of what went on since the first. But I think they missed the opportunity to show how the internet had impacted things. Or maybe that was the entire point, that the verse was in a bubble technologically. I'd have expected a lot more development of the world from that standpoint.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Getting to the Net would have been a more realistic goal than getting to the real world, but then it just turns into Lawnmower Man Transcendence.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, there's that. Made me wonder if perhaps it was a deliberate decision to avoid making references so that the world itself could stand on its own.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And then cross-reference it with the way it was handled in Age of Ultron.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Isgrimnur wrote:And then cross-reference it with the way it was handled in Age of Ultron.
Sorry, but until you've upgraded your Isgrimware index of perceived visual entertainment with a certain entertainment vehicle it currently sorely lacks, your visual entertainment reference point algorithms are obsolete and invalid.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I have now seen Big Trouble in Little China.

Deadline
After taking its time figuring out where it wants the next Tron installment to go, Disney’s sci-fi franchise looks to have new life as we are hearing Garth Davis has been tapped to direct the pic starring Jared Leto.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Leto.. woah oh oh oh
He's for the money
He's for the show
Leto's waiting for the go
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter