It used to be a good time to be a DC fan (Flash, Arrow, films, etc)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Re: It is a good time to be a DC fan (Flash, Arrow, films, etc)

Post by Isgrimnur »

Deadline
Harley Quinn, a bawdy, made-for-adults animated series starring Kaley Cuoco as the daft but deranged fan-favorite character, will premiere November 29 on DC Universe, the subscription streaming service that is beginning its second year of service.

Harley Quinn executive producers Justin Halpern and Patrick Schumacker made the announcement about the scheduling news during the DC Universe presentation as part of the Day 1 programming at New York Comic Con.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They are trying to find their Guardians of the Galaxy by trying out of obscure and oddball books they've published.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ambush Bug! Who hoo! The original Deadpool.
He won. Period.
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

So with all the cameos, do you think there will be much story in the Crisis Crossover?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Well, it is spread over five series/five episodes, so they aren't trying to fold them all into two hours.
hepcat

Re: It is a good time to be a DC fan (Flash, Arrow, films, et

Post by hepcat »

I really like the Titan version of Superboy.
Spoiler:
Let’s hope he didn’t just die after his debut
He won. Period.
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

Crisis on Infinite Earths rumor mill continues.
Spoiler:
It seems that Lucifer (Tom Ellis) is part of the Crisis mix.
In other questions- I hav not started Titans season 2 yet, how isn’t that going?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

In my opinion, much better than season 1. They've introduced things such as a villain, relatable characters, colors, and daylight. It's still a bit gritty, but it is nowhere as dark.

The overwhelming impression I had was that s2e1 served primarily to wrap up everything from season 1 as quickly as they could manage and with as little baggage as possible in order to do a soft reboot for season 2.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

sgoldj wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:36 am Crisis on Infinite Earths rumor mill continues.
Spoiler:
In other questions- I hav not started Titans season 2 yet, how isn’t that going?
And as if in response to your post, Titans are now going to be in Crisis.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:10 pm
sgoldj wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:36 am Crisis on Infinite Earths rumor mill continues.
Spoiler:
And as if in response to your post, Titans are now going to be in Crisis.
Are you joking? Are you talking about generic Titans or the same ones from the existing show?

Has anyone been watching Batwoman? I watched the premiere but it seemed kind of boring so I think I'm gonna dump it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Existing show. Off the top of my head, Crisis is now featuring the Arrowverse cast, plus:
Spoiler:
Multiple version of some characters/Arrowverse regulars in different roles (Jay Garrick will be back, Brandon Routh will be the Kingdom Come Superman, Lila Morgan will be Harbinger, etc.)
Lois & Clark from Smallville
The Titans from Titans
Lucifer Morning star from Lucifer
Burt Ward from Batman '66
Black Lightning from Black Lightning
Huntress from Birds of Prey (the TV series)
Kevin Conroy (!) as Batman, finally

There has also been talk (unconfirmed) of Linda Carter doing something with Wonder Woman
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:52 pm Deadline
Warner Bros has approved Robert Pattinson as the star of The Batman, the trilogy of films that Matt Reeves will direct later this year, Deadline hears.
Yahoo
Jason Momoa took to social media Monday to congratulate his famous stepdaughter Zoë Kravitz, who was announced earlier in the day as the new Catwoman in the upcoming Batman movie, starring Robert Pattinson.
The Batman begins shooting in January in the U.K. and is expected to debut in theaters June 25, 2021.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:09 pm Existing show. Off the top of my head, Crisis is now featuring the Arrowverse cast, plus:
Spoiler:
Multiple version of some characters/Arrowverse regulars in different roles (Jay Garrick will be back, Brandon Routh will be the Kingdom Come Superman, Lila Morgan will be Harbinger, etc.)
The Titans from Titans

There has also been talk (unconfirmed) of Linda Carter doing something with Wonder Woman
Wow that is insane!!! This is the coolest thing ever lol, and I'm not even that much of a DC fan. Too bad they couldn't get the Gotham kids, that would be cute.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

rittchard wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:35 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:09 pm Existing show. Off the top of my head, Crisis is now featuring the Arrowverse cast, plus:
Spoiler:
The Titans from Titans

Wow that is insane!!! This is the coolest thing ever lol, and I'm not even that much of a DC fan. Too bad they couldn't get the Gotham kids, that would be cute.
Oh, and they added
Spoiler:
the Green Arrow from Smallville as well.
And there is a newspaper talking about Bruce Wayne that has a picture of Micheal Keaton ca 1989.
Some of the ones that are known weren't officially announced, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few other 'surprise' guests as well.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I’m not a fan of the CW DC universe, but even I might watch this.
He won. Period.
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

Ok. The rumors keep growing and getting even weirder. I can’t even separate the good ones from the chaff with the amount of characters put into this. THe hype machine is strong with this one.

According to We Got This Covered :
Spoiler:
Stephen Amell will go from Green Arrow to becoming The Spectre in Crisis. I suppose it can be a fun recurring character in the Arrowverse (Neo-Arrowverse?) and free the actor up for other jobs while keeping in the CW.
I make no claim to the validity, just sharing.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Just an FYI, if you are really into the whole Crisis storyline, I highly recommend you pick up Arrow (probably Flash as well). I keep falling asleep in Flash so I know that's not the best review, but this season is tying in with Crisis already. As for Arrow, it's running two timelines, one continuing last season's 2040 (with all the grown up kids who I enjoy) storyline, but the other IS the beginning of Crisis. I guess it should have been obvious given last season's finale that they would kind of have to go this route, but I was still surprised when I watched last night's premiere. It opened strong, had a lot of great guest stars from the past, and ended with a bang. Again, highly recommended if you want to follow Crisis.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

sgoldj wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:49 am Ok. The rumors keep growing and getting even weirder. I can’t even separate the good ones from the chaff with the amount of characters put into this. THe hype machine is strong with this one.

Spoiler:
Stephen Amell will go from Green Arrow to becoming The Spectre in Crisis. I suppose it can be a fun recurring character in the Arrowverse (Neo-Arrowverse?) and free the actor up for other jobs while keeping in the CW.
Oh, damn! :shock:
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

sgoldj wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:49 am Ok. The rumors keep growing and getting even weirder. I can’t even separate the good ones from the chaff with the amount of characters put into this. THe hype machine is strong with this one.

Spoiler:
After this one I am not posting. The rumor mill is going too fast to make sense of.

IGN reports that
Spoiler:
Steven Lobo has been cast as Jim Corrigan . How this squares with the earlier report, I do not know. Personally, I like the Stephen Amill rumor better.
Like before, I am just reporting, if someone else can make sense of it, I am all ears. I don’t intend to add any more fuel to this unless I think things are confirmed.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Passing the torch? I've got no idea. And yeah, rumors are still just rumors. But they're still fun to consider sometimes.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I don't have a lot of time for TV and movies these days, but I had a fun experience that might be worth sharing here. AT&T owns DC these days (as part of the WarnerMedia branch), and we just had our legal conference down in Dallas. A big focus of the conference was all of the new WarnerMedia stuff, and there was a panel with Jim Lee and Walter Hamada. I can't actually discuss a lot of the details of what they went into, but it's some really cool stuff. We also got to see 6 minutes of the new Wonder Woman movie.

Anyway, I found it really interesting how they're leaning into the Multiverse concept such that the movies don't need to sync up with the TV world which doesn't have to sync up with the print media. I kind of knew that on some level, but they were pretty explicit about it. The one exception that is canon across all platforms, of course, is Teen Titans Go! (I may have made that last bit up.) They also talked up the "Ages and Stages" concept of how they're trying to make sure that they have appropriate materials for young kids, young adults, and the adult audience. They're not really concerned about a dark Batman movie as it compares to a more lighthearted Shazam movie, because they're targeting different segments of the audience.

I'll let you guys get back to the details of the DC stuff now. Just remember to buy lots of DC stuff and watch lots of DC shows and movies!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

I think I am caught up on the new season episodes for the 4 current shows, Batwoman, Supergirl, Flash, and Arrow. I have to say, the Crisis Crossover is going to be a culmination of what is already happening, so come on board if interested (IMO). This is especially true of Flash and Arrow. That ending to the last Arrow episode.... *urk*
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've yet to see an episode of any of them yet this season, and it's making me nuts. Michelle, the kids, and I started watching Game of Thrones over the summer, and now we're halfway through season 6. We really, really need to finish that before we start anything else, and we watch Arrowverse shows together.

So I have to wait.
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:35 pm I've yet to see an episode of any of them yet this season, and it's making me nuts. Michelle, the kids, and I started watching Game of Thrones over the summer, and now we're halfway through season 6. We really, really need to finish that before we start anything else, and we watch Arrowverse shows together.

So I have to wait.
I usually hold off until the end of the seasons for shows so I can binge. This set I think will be in broadcast order to have it all make sense
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I use this for watching order.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Come on where are all the DC fans?
s
Just finished Titans Season 2. It's a bit frustrating because I genuinely like many aspects of the show, the look, the cast, the characters, etc. But it just seems like some of their choices are bizarre. Season One was a lot of putting the team together and introducing Raven, that's fine. But this season instead of having them work together was all over the place, splitting the team up and introducing more characters. I hope the third season is more of a team based affair, maybe something fun involving Starfire. Other comments/complaints:
Spoiler:
Way too much time spent building up to Nightwing. That could have been handled in flashbacks, and would have been better in season 1. Probably would have been more productive than the Hawk and Dove storyline, which really would have been better served in a separate series.

Why the f does some lame ass lightning kill Wonder Girl? Isn't she part Amazonian or whatever? And wtf was Superboy doing when the shit was falling apart, picking his nose? Ugh.

Deathstroke as the main villain was just sad and somewhat awkward. They basically had to de-power half the team in order for it to be interesting. I realize they wanted to go with a more psychological type of battle, but it just seems lame to have someone as powerful as Raven or Starfire battle with someone who really doesn't have much in the way of superpowers. Not to mention Superboy, who they basically just kept out of the Deathstroke plotline because they knew it was pointless.
All complaints aside, I would watch this show just to see Superboy and Krypto. The actor they got is so freaking cute it makes my head explode. And I have always been a massive fan of Krypto in whatever form they put him in, even though just like in the cartoons he rarely gets much screen time.

- - -

Oh yeah, and a little thing called the CRISIS crossover starts this Sunday!! Come on people, support your DC shows!!!!!

If you can, catch up with Arrow before it starts, as pretty much every episode is a direct tie-in. Flash is affected as well, but not quite as directly.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I liked their version of Superboy...but that’s it. Everything else about Titans is a goddamn train wreck.

Speaking of which, I checked out the premiere of Harley Quinn and almost immediately disliked it as well. But I’ll give it some more time. It may get better.

I’m anxiously awaiting season 2 of Doom Patrol. The only original episodic series they’ve created for their service that’s actually great.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I watched TItans as it hit. Some good parts, some bad. I disliked their Bruce Wayne. Gar still can't turn into anything but a tiger. They kept Nightwing a tight secret, even cutting away from his suit in the previous episode, then showed the reveal in the trailer. :doh: But it was still Titans. I'd like it to be a better show, but I'd still watch it just to see these characters in live action.

As far as the Arrowverse goes, we're desperately trying to catch up. We only get one or two shows worth of TV time per day (one during dinner, one before the kids go to bed), and we started watching Game of Thrones with the kids over the summer. Arrowverse started while we were still finishing that. We finished GoT two or three weeks ago, and have been cramming in as much Arrowverse as possible to get caught up in time for the crossover. We'll still be a week or two late on that, but we're getting closer. My brief thoughts after about half of what's been released this season: I'm enjoying Batwoman and Flash, Arrow and Black Lightning are in top form, and what the hell are they trying to do with Supergirl?
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I think the thing that is bugging me the most (besides what the did to Donna Troy) was that there appear to be no consequences to what they are doing.
  • Dick Grayson was arrested, tried, sent to prison, broke out, and is just wandering around on the streets
  • Gar mauled, possibly killed, multiple people, he's still wandering around
  • Connor...how many people did he kill? Sit down, let's have some dinner
Just feels very sloppy. (But I'm a big fan of Dawn/Dove.)
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

On the subject of Donna Troy
Spoiler:
They should have just had a giant anvil drop out of the sky and kill her at some random point during the credits. That death was so friggin' after the fact it was just ridiculous. It was like 10 minutes before they filmed the episode, someone's kid ran up to the director and asked them to kill her. It had ZERO to do with the damn plot (not that the show has one to begin with).
Yeah, I think it's safe to say that I consider Titans to be a complete piece of crap.

Thank God they have Doom Patrol. Perhaps they'll do the right thing and do more shows like that.

..and by "like that" I mean "good".
He won. Period.
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

On the subject of Donna Troy:
Spoiler:
this may be a way to get her back to the Island to transform from Wonder Girl to Troia?
On Bruce Wayne. Um yeah... is this Bruce from a Batman Beyond timeline? I know that for a live action, He needs to be older so that Dick as Robin then growing up and add in training Jason makes sense, but we ignore it in the comics. I am trying to picture him on a JLA mission doing Batman things.

I am stoked to see how Crisis comes together. All the Arrow and Flash episodes have been building to it. Supergirl, if you count the Malific resolution, not so much in Batwoman. IIRC Black Lightning had a red sky last episode. I can see a lot of potential growth for all the characters just by being exposed to how big the universes are. Especially those not really experienced in the Multiverse before. What happens to someone when they realize how small their universe is compared to all those others? Unless they go the Psycho Pirate route.

Doom Patrol was bizarre, I just hope the writers can keep that’s up for season 2.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Doom Patrol was very bizarre...yet so incredibly human. That's a really hard thing to balance, and the writers did it so damn well. :wub:
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

It is a good time to be a DC fan (Flash, Arrow, films, etc)

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:14 pm Speaking of which, I checked out the premiere of Harley Quinn and almost immediately disliked it as well. But I’ll give it some more time. It may get better.
Nevermind...
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Video was taken down, it seems.

The reviews seem to be strong for Harley Quinn, so I'll give it a chance. Sometimes a show doesn't strike a chord with the viewer due to nothing other than that viewer watching it at the wrong time or with the wrong group. I hope that's the case for me as I'd love to see another good show on DC Universe.
He won. Period.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Anyone watching Crisis on Infinite Earths?

Wasn't familiar with the storyline from the 80s, but apparently it's how DC merged so many different universes and comics. Pretty ambitious for the Arrowverse shows though. First one was last night with Supergirl and it was pretty good even though I don't normally watch it. It's a 5 show arc ending in January. I'll most likely be done with these shows once Arrow ends.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I wonder if Blackhawk knows about this? :ninja:
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The Blackhawk Family is still two weeks behind on the various series, but we're catching up as quickly as we can. It also gives me a chance to re-read the original comic series it's based on, which I got as a Christmas present a couple of years ago.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

hepcat wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:06 pm I wonder if Blackhawk knows about this? :ninja:
Are you sure he's interested? Has he posted anything suggesting interest?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I haven't seen him mention anything about it yet. But I suspect he has better things to do than pay attention to the CW superhero shows.
He won. Period.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Crisis #2 last night. From the Batwoman show, but it was really more of a homage to the Supers. Lots of callback to former DC media. I got a bit emotional hearing the OG theme song from Superman the Movie. Got a great Supe on Supe fight too.

And relevant.