Flu Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

KKBlue

Re: Flu Season

Post by KKBlue »

GreenGoo wrote:I want to do something for her but I can't figure out what to do.
Write out some kind/loving, simple words in a "blank inside" card. There is no need to get tied up with words, "I love you" matters and is sometimes all that needs to be written. Taking the time to pick out a card and writing some thoughts down then placing it in a thought out location, speaks volumes.

I've had cards waiting for me when I pull down the sheets, enter the kitchen in the morning and in the car waiting for me as I dump my pocketbook in the passenger seat to start my work day. In return, I have left cards and other things for my husband to let him know I appreciate him and all that he has done for me and us.

Even a kiss on the cheek, out of the blue matters. You might get a, "What have you done?" type of reaction because it's not common practice BUT it will switch up how we (speaking on behalf of females) feel about ourselves thought out the day for the better.
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

"Free massage to be redeemed when I'm better"

"One family dinner (eating out) to be redeemed upon demand (please allow 4 hours warning)"

"One night out (complete with babysitter) to be redeemed upon demand"
Last edited by Kasey Chang on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Kasey Chang wrote:I have a very store throat and my eyes seem to sting somehow. Can't swallow worth ****.
Slight correction... I think I rubbed my eyelids raw... That's what's stinging. The eyes are... gritty. Even the tears seem to be coagulating. I am taking my Day-quil (equivalent) at half dose as if I take full dose of 2 I get nosebleeds (dries my nose too much).

Throat is sore as heck. Difficulty swallowing. Gotta be my old tonsils.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

KKBlue wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:I want to do something for her but I can't figure out what to do.
Write out some kind/loving, simple words in a "blank inside" card. There is no need to get tied up with words, "I love you" matters and is sometimes all that needs to be written. Taking the time to pick out a card and writing some thoughts down then placing it in a thought out location, speaks volumes.

I've had cards waiting for me when I pull down the sheets, enter the kitchen in the morning and in the car waiting for me as I dump my pocketbook in the passenger seat to start my work day. In return, I have left cards and other things for my husband to let him know I appreciate him and all that he has done for me and us.

Even a kiss on the cheek, out of the blue matters. You might get a, "What have you done?" type of reaction because it's not common practice BUT it will switch up how we (speaking on behalf of females) feel about ourselves thought out the day for the better.
Thanks. I don't do much that is romantic any more. She and I had some combative years awhile back and I'll admit that has lessened our lovey dovey moments significantly. I might write a letter telling her what she means to me. That would probably work great. I'd just need to overcome some roadblocks in expressing it. Feeling it is one thing, but expressing it hasn't been a forte for either of us for a long time.

Thanks for the idea.

I also think she needs a break. A rest. Something that would allow her to recharge her batteries. A vacation from her life. Not sure how to go about that. Spa days have not been a hit in the past.
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

So the night before Bachelor Week 2013 in which my wife and three year old son were going with my in-laws skiing to Lake Placid, leaving me on my own for five days, my son wakes up at 9pm and pukes everywhere. And again two more times. No fever though, just puking. He then sleeps through the night and wakes up feeling better and wants to eat and is running all over the house. So they decided to still go anyway. So I'm here at home by myself just waiting for the text that says that the entire car has come down with stomach flu on an 8 hour road trip and/or waiting for me to start spewing.

I'm hoping it was something else though. It's weird that he would puke his guts out for an hour with no fever and no diarrahea but then just sleep it off and wake up like nothing.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

J.D. wrote:So the night before Bachelor Week 2013 in which my wife and three year old son were going with my in-laws skiing to Lake Placid, leaving me on my own for five days, my son wakes up at 9pm and pukes everywhere. And again two more times. No fever though, just puking. He then sleeps through the night and wakes up feeling better and wants to eat and is running all over the house. So they decided to still go anyway. So I'm here at home by myself just waiting for the text that says that the entire car has come down with stomach flu on an 8 hour road trip and/or waiting for me to start spewing.

I'm hoping it was something else though. It's weird that he would puke his guts out for an hour with no fever and no diarrahea but then just sleep it off and wake up like nothing.

My daughter did that last night, but seems perfectly normal this morning.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

noxiousdog wrote:
J.D. wrote:So the night before Bachelor Week 2013 in which my wife and three year old son were going with my in-laws skiing to Lake Placid, leaving me on my own for five days, my son wakes up at 9pm and pukes everywhere. And again two more times. No fever though, just puking. He then sleeps through the night and wakes up feeling better and wants to eat and is running all over the house. So they decided to still go anyway. So I'm here at home by myself just waiting for the text that says that the entire car has come down with stomach flu on an 8 hour road trip and/or waiting for me to start spewing.

My daughter did that last night, but seems perfectly normal this morning.
Must be one of the weaker strains going around. It's also my son's second go around this season with a stomach bug. He was sick for about 24 hours in January.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Forget herd immunity. The US can't even get to a majority:
At a time when many people are preoccupied with the dangers of Ebola and a rare respiratory virus striking children, health officials announced Thursday that fewer than half of Americans are being vaccinated against the flu, which kills an average of more than 30,000 people a year.
The flu season could be tougher than usual this year, if it follows the pattern seen in Australia, said Schaffner, noting that flu is hard to predict. In many years, however, flu outbreaks in the southern hemisphere can predict flu activity in the USA.
For the first time, the CDC suggests that children ages 2 to 8 receive a live, intranasal flu vaccine, instead of the traditional shot, because of evidence showing that it's more effective for these ages. Parents shouldn't waste a lot of time "shopping around" for the nasal mist, however, because kids are better off getting the first vaccine available than risking an illness because they waited too long.

In another new recommendation, the CDC also is also calling for senior citizens to get a second type of vaccine against pneumococcus, a bacteria that can cause pneumonia and which hospitalizes about 50,000 Americans a year.

Anyone age 65 and over should get a one-time vaccination with the combination pneumococcal vaccine already routinely given to children, called Prevnar 13, which protects against 13 strains of the bacteria, said CDC director Thomas Frieden.

Seniors should also get a second a second, one-time-only vaccination with another pneumococcal vaccine — known as a polysaccharid vaccine — that protects against 23 strains of pneumococcus. Seniors need to get these vaccines just once — not every year — but should get the shots about six months apart to increase their effectiveness.
People have more flu shot options this year than ever, Schaffner said. In addition to nasal sprays, which are available to people ages 2 to 49, there is a new "needle-free" flu shot that uses a jet to force flu vaccine through the skin, rather than a needle. There are also traditional needles, as well as shorter needles that don't penetrate as far into the muscle, Frieden said.
In spite of these risks, only 46% of Americans got flu shots last year, Frieden said. Vaccination rates by age were:
  • 34% of adults ages 18 to 64.
  • 50% of pregnant women.
  • 55% of children ages 5 to 17.
  • 65% of those age 65 and over.
  • 70% of kids under age 5.
  • 90% of doctors and nurses.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Isgrimnur wrote:Forget herd immunity. The US can't even get to a majority:
Part of the problem is that the CDC recommendation for who should be getting annual influenza vaccination changed after 2009. Now that production is dialed in, recommending it for everyone over the age of six months is a possibility.

But above and beyond that, one need only look at how many people in the medical profession - people with direct patient contact - that are opting for an annual vaccination to understand the problem. If our doctors, nurses and other front line medical staff aren't getting these shots every year, what message does that send to the general public?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Smoove_B wrote:But above and beyond that, one need only look at how many people in the medical profession - people with direct patient contact - that are opting for an annual vaccination to understand the problem. If our doctors, nurses and other front line medical staff aren't getting these shots every year, what message does that send to the general public?
I guess those 10% that aren't getting it need to have some in-depth career counseling.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

There are a lot more than 10% that aren't getting the shot. Overall, 72% opt for the shot (2012/2013), however that number will vary wildly based on region and whether or not there are repercussions for failing to vaccinate yourself - which is why there was a jump from the 2011/2012 data. Hospitals and clinics (rightfully so) are starting to mandate it.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Here's the disconnect:
By occupation type, coverage was 92.3% among physicians, 89.1% among pharmacists, 88.5% among nurse practitioners/physician assistants, and 84.8% among nurses. By occupational setting, vaccination coverage was highest among hospital-based HCP (83.1%) and was lowest among HCP at long-term care facilities (LTCF) (58.9%).
I would figure that long-term care facilities would be a majority of elder care facilities, which would be ripe for the spread among the elderly and immunosuppressed, making low rates there a direct contributor to elder illness and death.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It really would just be easier if some of you guys came to lecture. :)

If you go back to 2009, NY state was reporting a 40-50% vaccination rate for health care workers; Massachusetts (my link expired) was around 55%. The national average was hovering around 50%.

Now that various states have passed laws requiring hospitals and clinics to enact a policy regarding vaccination (or face losing a license to operate), those percentages are creeping up into the 70s, but there's still a long way to go. Also remember that MMWR is from voluntary surveys. It's a snapshot.

No idea how or why the long-term care facilities are holding out or if there are more long-term care facilities in states that do not have a law regarding vaccination of front line workers, I just don't know. Lawbeef probably does. I also haven't seen a recent breakdown by state or region, other than that general MMWR report with updated percentages overall.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Just got my annual shot.

Of course, it being casual Friday, I had on a Tossers t-shirt on under my dark dress shirt. It sucked having to explain that one to the nurses.

"Oh? You like Guinness? I can't drink it regular but I like car bombs."
"Yeah, I do but this isn't a Guinness shirt."
"..."
"..."
"Well, what is it then?"
*mumble*
"What?"
"The Tossers, it's a local band..."
*giggles*
Smoove_B wrote: No idea how or why the long-term care facilities are holding out or if there are more long-term care facilities in states that do not have a law regarding vaccination of front line workers, I just don't know. Lawbeef probably does. I also haven't seen a recent breakdown by state or region, other than that general MMWR report with updated percentages overall.
Just saw this.

My first guess would be that long-term care facilities aren't under the same scrutiny that hospitals are in terms of infection control and re-admissions (there are no "re-admissions" for LTCFs, obviously). We hit over 90% here, last I checked, but that's because vaccination is pretty much mandated. You can opt-out, but you need to put your reason in writing and must agree to wear a mask during flu season if requested. Basically it's good quality control but it's also an element in quality ratings; having a high vaccination rate scores well. In the absence of a state law, the biggest driver is going to be certification and accreditation scoring as well as compliance with guidelines.

Hospitals generally have more certification and accreditation and LTCFs don't have the same metrics or quality standards. I also don't see them being able to mandate 100% compliance with a "shot or a written reason" type of program, even just for HCPs.

I'm curious what the source is for ISG's quote (I missed the link if there is one). I'd guess that it only includes in/out patient facilities, hospitals, and long-term care facilities.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LawBeefaroni wrote:I'm curious what the source is for ISG's quote (I missed the link if there is one). I'd guess that it only includes in/out patient facilities, hospitals, and long-term care facilities.
It was from smoove's link.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Got my flu shot from the clinic in CVS today. It was convenient, I had the time, and the big "FREE FLU SHOTS" sign drew me in.

Soon I'll know if it was really free. They billed the insurance company $31.99 ($10.99 for the vaccine and $21 to jab me). My normal doctor accepts what the insurance company pays and writes off the rest. I doubt that CVS will do the same.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Smoove_B wrote: No idea how or why the long-term care facilities are holding out or if there are more long-term care facilities in states that do not have a law regarding vaccination of front line workers, I just don't know. Lawbeef probably does. I also haven't seen a recent breakdown by state or region, other than that general MMWR report with updated percentages overall.
As counterintuitive as it sounds, I think the long-term care facilities actually need to worry less about their workers infecting the residents due to the fact that all (or almost all) residents will be getting the flu vaccine themselves. That's not the case in a hospital setting, with new people in and out every day. So the LTCF employees can probably be put at a lower priority to get the flu vaccine, especially if there's limited amount and certain population groups need to be vaccinated first, before they can say "okay, there's enough left for everyone else".
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

gilraen wrote:
As counterintuitive as it sounds, I think the long-term care facilities actually need to worry less about their workers infecting the residents due to the fact that all (or almost all) residents will be getting the flu vaccine themselves. That's not the case in a hospital setting, with new people in and out every day. So the LTCF employees can probably be put at a lower priority to get the flu vaccine, especially if there's limited amount and certain population groups need to be vaccinated first, before they can say "okay, there's enough left for everyone else".
Very good point. However, a fairly significant portion of long-term facility patients can't get vaccinated for whatever reason and it is important that everyone else around them does.

CDC's guidance for LTCFs:
Health Care Personnel
CDC and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), recommend that all U.S. health care personnel get vaccinated annually against influenza.

•Health care personnel) who get vaccinated help to reduce the following:
◦Transmission of influenza
◦Staff illness and absenteeism
◦Influenza-related illness and death, especially among people at increased risk for severe influenza illness

•Higher vaccination levels among personnel have been associated with a lower risk of health care facility-associated influenza cases.

•Influenza outbreaks in hospitals and long-term care facilities have been attributed to low influenza vaccination coverage among health care personnel.

•Higher influenza vaccination levels among health care personnel can reduce influenza-related illness, and even deaths, in settings like nursing homes.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote:
LawBeefaroni wrote:I'm curious what the source is for ISG's quote (I missed the link if there is one). I'd guess that it only includes in/out patient facilities, hospitals, and long-term care facilities.
It was from smoove's link.
Ok. So it looks like HCPs include non-physician/nurse/pharmacist under "other clinical" and "non clinical" and ambulatory is it's own setting.

And predictably, it's the "other clinical" and "non clinical" that really bring the overall numbers down. They make up a fairly significant portion of the sample size and generally have the lowest rates in any given setting. LTCF members of that cohort are some of the worst performers overall.

Also, doctors and nurses in LTCFs were not included because their sample size was too low.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

So the ones with the least contact, counted in the doctors and nurses count, are heavily outweighed by the caretakers, with the most daily contact, and most likelihood to spread the flu through these places like wildfire?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Went to get my shots today and found they were out. So waiting till next week. Plan to get a flu shot and a pneumonia shot. it will be my first pneumonia one.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Last year, it was November before the company brought in the people to give then to us.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Got my first flu shot ever yesterday morning.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Got mine last week - I hate needles and have no idea what came over me to actually do it.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Holman

Post by Holman »

I took my kids for their shots today. My 10-y.o. has mild asthma and can't use the nasal vaccine, so he gets a needle.

He literally didn't notice the shot. We were talking, the nurse leaned in, and the next thing he knew she was applying a bandaid. Big smile on his face.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

96% vaccination rate at work as of yesterday. That's a lot of shots.

MYT
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So I went to see my GP (actually, she's a nurse practitioner) at the end of October about another thing, and at the end of the appointment, she asks if there is anything else and I ask if it would be possible to get a flu shot. Her response was the equivalent of "Hell ya you can get it! Why didn't I think to bring it up? W00t!". It was a little weird how happy she was, but with 3 kids and a decade of taking care of them now, I am deathly afraid of getting the flu.

I actually cringe with fear when it's flu season and one of them throws up. We went through a bout of norwalk with all of us down at the same time and trying to take care of 3 kids vomiting uncontrollably while you yourself can't really get up off the floor was a nightmare. NIGHTMARE!

No flu!
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I got my vaccine at my physical at the end of last month. My wife was in the same building (kid's dentist appointment), so she stopped by the office and they shot her up, too. With two kids under six months (i.e., too young to the vaccination themselves), you can believe we're protecting the family! (Older son got vaccinated the week before, too.)
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Wellsir, BCBS covered all but 95 cents of the CVS clinic's flu shot charge, and CVS wrote off the balance. Pleasantly surprised to learn that doc-in-a-box is a viable option for preventive care.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Oops .... too late now.
The director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Thursday it is too late to make new flu vaccines for the current flu season that could better protect against the predominant flu virus that is circulating in the United States.

On Wednesday, the CDC sent a special advisory to doctors noting that one component of this year's flu vaccine was only partially protective against the predominant flu virus, known as influenza A (H3N2), which has mutated since the current flu shots were made.

The CDC's director, Dr Thomas Frieden, said it takes about four months to make a new flu vaccine even using newer cell-based vaccine manufacturing technologies, which would be too late for the current flu season. He urged people who have not been vaccinated to still get a flu shot because he said the virus could change again and the virus could offer protection from other strains contained in the shot.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

A few visits to the baby prison at the gym was all it took for our little disease vector to bring home something nasty. Last week, my wife told me he was coughing a lot, and had a fever. A day later, I started coughing...a dry cough; and a day after that I was up all night with the chills and on Tuesday felt like I was run over by a truck. After staying home the last two days, I had too much to do that I couldn't do from home, so I drugged myself up and dragged my ass into work.

It's either a really nasty cold, or a rather mild flu.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jeff V wrote:A few visits to the baby prison at the gym was all it took for our little disease vector to bring home something nasty. Last week, my wife told me he was coughing a lot, and had a fever. A day later, I started coughing...a dry cough; and a day after that I was up all night with the chills and on Tuesday felt like I was run over by a truck. After staying home the last two days, I had too much to do that I couldn't do from home, so I drugged myself up and dragged my ass into work.
He's just building up your immune system. After a few years of those kiddie-circulated insta-colds, you'll be able to breathe the air in a Chuck-E-Cheese with zero ill effects.

MYT
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Jeff V wrote:A few visits to the baby prison at the gym was all it took for our little disease vector to bring home something nasty. Last week, my wife told me he was coughing a lot, and had a fever. A day later, I started coughing...a dry cough; and a day after that I was up all night with the chills and on Tuesday felt like I was run over by a truck. After staying home the last two days, I had too much to do that I couldn't do from home, so I drugged myself up and dragged my ass into work.
He's just building up your immune system. After a few years of those kiddie-circulated insta-colds, you'll be able to breathe the air in a Chuck-E-Cheese with zero ill effects.
I'm not sure the air would be any more foul than their pizza, though.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Closer to a universal vaccine:
Researchers say they are closer to developing a vaccine to give life-long protection against any type of flu, after promising trials in animals.

Two separate US teams have found success with an approach that homes in on a stable part of the flu virus.

That should remove the problem with current flu vaccines which must be given anew each year because they focus on the mutating part of the virus.

The proof-of-concept work is published in Science journal and Nature Medicine.

Studies are now needed in humans to confirm that the method will work in man.
Prof Sarah Gilbert, Professor of Vaccinology at University of Oxford, said: "This is an exciting development, but the new vaccines now need to be tested in clinical trials to see how well they work in humans."

"This will be the next stage of research, which will take several years. So we are still some way from having better flu vaccines for humans," she added.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote:
"This will be the next stage of research, which will take several years. So we are still some way from having better flu vaccines for humans," she added.
Yeah, they need to figure out how to replace the seasonal revenue for annual vaccinations.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Skeptical Raptor (2014)
  • Sanofi Pasteur (division of Sanofi). Total sales $41.6 billion. Flu vaccine sales $1.3 billion. In other words, flu vaccine makes up around 3% of their sales
  • Glaxo SmithKline. Total sales $32.3 billion. Flu vaccine sales $420 million, or 1.3% of their total sales.
  • Novartis. Total sales $57.9 billion. Flu vaccine sales $215 million, or 0.4% of their sales.
Note: the remaining $1.1 billion in flu vaccine sales is spread over 15 other manufacturers, none of whom have a major market share.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote:Skeptical Raptor (2014)
  • Sanofi Pasteur (division of Sanofi). Total sales $41.6 billion. Flu vaccine sales $1.3 billion. In other words, flu vaccine makes up around 3% of their sales
  • Glaxo SmithKline. Total sales $32.3 billion. Flu vaccine sales $420 million, or 1.3% of their total sales.
  • Novartis. Total sales $57.9 billion. Flu vaccine sales $215 million, or 0.4% of their sales.
Note: the remaining $1.1 billion in flu vaccine sales is spread over 15 other manufacturers, none of whom have a major market share.
I was being facetious but if SNY suddenly reported a 3% drop in revenues, this guy is saying it wouldn't matter?

Flu vaccines are a constant, annual, and never-off-patent source of revenue. I don't think that's enough to stop a "forever" flu vaccine from coming to market but it's not a non-issue. And what about CVS/WBA and all the PCP offices? A moderate sized PCP practice easily does $30K/year in flu vaccines.
Feb 8, 2013 - Earlier this week, Walgreen reported January sales rose more than 6 percent to $6.15 billion thanks in part to a 25 percent increase to 6.9 million the number of flu shots stores have administered since January of 2012. Meanwhile, CVS’ fourth-quarter 2012 earnings released earlier this week also benefited from increased flu vaccinations during the epidemic.
Overall, of course, less flu is a net plus due to less lost productivity, hospitalizations, and death, not to mention seasonal suffering. And whoever has the forever vaccine will make a killing.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

He's saying that the flu vaccine industry isn't performing malfeasance due to massive profits coming off the backs of sheeple that have been convinced to voluntary inject themselves and families with "poison".

One would imagine that the people selling the seasonal would be in a good place to get into the forever vaccine market to offset, and, one would imagine, at higher prices per dose. It's not going to go from 100% revenue to 97% overnight, and probably not even in a year's time.

As for the PCP offices, one would imagine that they can adapt or perish as they do when other things happen. If not, they can join the buggy whip manufacturers. The only constant in life is change, especially if you're running a business.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Notice what Kraken posted last year. The vaccine was $11, administering it nearly double. At that was at a mass-market provider; smaller clinics and individual practices could charge a lot more. So you're not talking just $3 billion in vaccine sales, you're talking about a $9-10 billion or more industry, which is large enough to seek self-preservation.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Got my 0.5mL of Sanofi Pasteur's finest 2015 quadrivalent before lunch.

Everyone has said it's been a harsh shot this year. So far so good, feeling OK (famous last words).

MYT