Went on Clothing Optional Cruise - Now w/link to NSFW pics

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Brian

Went on Clothing Optional Cruise - Now w/link to NSFW pics

Post by Brian »

I have mentioned this on here a couple times but now that it's just days away I am creating a thread for this. The wife and I will be embarking on a ten day, Caribbean cruise that will be entirely clothing optional for the duration.

The ship leaves Miami on Monday, the 14th (Valentine's Day) and returns on the 24th. Port visits focus on French Caribbean islands and include Martinique, St. Barth's, Guadelpue, and St. Martin. Additionally, a visit to the Celebrity Cruise Lines owned island of Coco Cay will also take place.

Once the ship leaves Miami all passengers will be allowed to wear as much or as little clothing as they desire including going completely nude. The only times passengers will need to be dressed is during dinner time (if eating in the main dining room), during the Captain's Party, and when in port.

I have always believed in the idea of naturism/social nudity but never actually engaged in it until now or in the near future anyway. I guess it's time to put my money where my mouth (among other things) is and see if I can actually participate in that ideal.

This trip was actually (mostly) my wife's idea. I had been planning a trip to St. Martin and was checking various travel agencies and villa rental sites and must have signed up for information from a dozen or more places. One of those places sent me a package that included a pamphlet for this cruise. I looked it over and thought it might be fun but figured the wife would never go for it so I tossed it on the coffee table thinking I'd throw it away later. When the wife came home she found it, looked through it, and decided that it looked like something fun to do. So I signed us up (this was over a year ago) and now the actual cruise is upon us. I'm apprehensive and enthused at the same time.

My understanding, which is backed up by visiting the travel companies forum, is that the majority of the passengers on this and similar cruises tend to be older, retired couples so I imagine the pool area is going to look like somebody left a bunch of elephant skin rugs laying about. I'm no treat to look at myself but I figure most of those folks have seen far worse so I'm not too worried about being embarrassed.

We plan on taking lots of pictures and I'll even try to post some of the SFW ones when we get back.

Naturally, three days before we leave I have come down with a terrible head cold and am congested with an awful sore throat. Been munching on Zicam's every three hours or so in the hopes of staving off much worse.

Have any of you folks ever been on a trip like this? Have you ever wanted to? Do you think I'm completely crazy?
Last edited by Brian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
hepcat

Re: Going on a clothing-optional cruise

Post by hepcat »

For the love of God, do NOT post your vacation pictures....
He won. Period.
Brian

Post by Brian »

How about just the SFW ones?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Too risky. The chances of "Little Brian" making a cameo appearance are too high. I'm not willing to take that risk.
He won. Period.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Brian wrote:How about just the SFW ones?
Dude, if you were even remotely truthful when talking about your wife, I'll suffer the eye burn of seeing you naked if I get to see her as well.

Just keep that in mind.

As for the cruise, I've grown too self conscious and have body issues that are mostly psychological, which have manifested as I grew older. As a kid I might have been persuaded. I'm fairly private though, and that includes my body, so even when I was proud of it, I was unlikely to put it on display. I am definitely conservative when it comes to clothing. I even find women in somewhat subtle clothing far more sexy that those who put it on display, even if they have the goods. And don't even talk to me about those who put it on display and don't have the goods. That really makes me cringe.

So...yeah. I probably wouldn't have the guts in your position, but I think it's cool that others such as yourself, do.
Brian

Post by Brian »

"Little Brian" takes offense to that. He prefers to be called "Rudy." If you've seen the movie, you'll understand.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

So his time in the game is measured in seconds?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

You might want to invest in a pair of Ray Charles Ray-bans. You know, the kind that are completely opaque.

I think the nudist culture was spawned (or at least popularized) by the hippies in the late '60's. It doesn't seem to be a trend passed to their kids and grand kids...expect to see a lot of old people. Once, I was on a two-day canoe trip that passed by a nudist beach in Wisconsin, and it was truly frightening. I always wondered if there was a bus to take them all back to the old folk's home (and this was nearly 20 years ago!)
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Brian wrote:"Little Brian" takes offense to that. He prefers to be called "Rudy." If you've seen the movie, you'll understand.

Your penis is a plucky outsider who wins the hearts of a small town through sheer perseverance?
He won. Period.
Brian

Post by Brian »

GreenGoo wrote: Dude, if you were even remotely truthful when talking about your wife, I'll suffer the eye burn of seeing you naked if I get to see her as well.
Obviously I'll only post the SFW ones but I'm sure we'll end up with some pictures that will show her off without crossing the line.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Jeff V wrote:You might want to invest in a pair of Ray Charles Ray-bans. You know, the kind that are completely opaque.
Heh. Yeah, I'm pretty subtle and not particularly prone to leering, but even I would have difficulty when there is no where to look that doesn't have a nude body in it. (double negative ftw).

{even if it's just the staff worth looking at}
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Brian wrote:
GreenGoo wrote: Dude, if you were even remotely truthful when talking about your wife, I'll suffer the eye burn of seeing you naked if I get to see her as well.
Obviously I'll only post the SFW ones but I'm sure we'll end up with some pictures that will show her off without crossing the line.
For the love of god, at least get your ass waxed.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I don't think you're crazy (though I have no way of really knowing I guess), but just curious more than anything.

Is there some draw to walking around naked, "socially" as you wrote, vs. walking around naked solo? When you write "take lots of pictures", do you mean of the passengers?

I've never really understood the whole nudism thing. Never been insulted, ashamed, or grossed out by it either, so I am completely unbiased here.

My knowledge extends to:
- a very high percentage of Germans are SERIOUSLY into nudism
- the nudists that I have known have always been overweight for some reason (just a colloquial observation)

I have always thought that we (Americans, stereotypically) were way too...Victorian, if you will, when it comes to our bodies, as if they are something dirty and to be ashamed of. OTOH, I have never had a desire to walk around in the nude in public (or at home for that matter), unless I had some reason for doing so (insanely hot, 2nd degree burns on my skin, playing the "greased pig" role in some game).

Just curious as to YOUR desire to do something like this. Maybe I'm missing something! :)

Hope you have a fun time, whatever your reasoning. Sounds like one of those relationship enriching experiences (especially since you both don't seem to be card carrying nudists). :)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Isgrimnur wrote:So his time in the game is measured in seconds?
That might be the best quip I have read on OO this year.
Brian

Post by Brian »

GreenGoo wrote: For the love of god, at least get your ass waxed.
That has never been an issue for me. What is an issue is skin tags. My saint of a wife spent two hours last night cutting roughly a hundred of the little buggers off me.

Hope to finish the rest off tonight.

Enjoy that image while you have lunch today. :)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:So his time in the game is measured in seconds?
That might be the best quip I have read on OO this year.
:D Thank you very much!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Odin

Post by Odin »

I usually hate looking at pictures of other peoples' vacations. This is no exception. Have fun, but keep the lens cap on. :D
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

A friend of mine occasionally goes to Hedonism II in Jamaica. Once (maybe the last time she went), she took along the girl I was occasionally dating at the time. :shock:

I don't think I'd ever want to be on a cruise or in a resort like this, but neither are of much interest to me, clothed or not. Nude beach? Maybe in Brazil or France, where there are more likely to be sights to see. There's a hot springs spa in Colorado that I've been to a few times -- in the winter, it is "clothing optional" with a strong recommendation that you don't wear any (it can flash-freeze to your skin I guess if it's cold enough). For better or worse, swim suits are mandatory between May and October. My girl friend and I are both intrigued over the possibility of swimming nekkid under the stars...maybe after first visiting the sauna then jumping in the snow (which from what hear is supposed to be an amazing experience).
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Brian wrote:
That has never been an issue for me. What is an issue is skin tags. My saint of a wife spent two hours last night cutting roughly a hundred of the little buggers off me.

You just ruined like the next ten meals for me. Jesus H. Christ, man.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Your bucket list must be awesome.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Brian wrote:

I'm eating as I type. You're going to have to do better than that. Even your worst day ever would stop me from eating my lunch.
tgb

Post by tgb »

My only contribution is to say that when I did a Caribbean cruise in March, it was in the 70's/80's during the day, and quite windy and chilly on deck at night. Be prepared for serious shrinkage.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

tgb wrote:My only contribution is to say that when I did a Caribbean cruise in March, it was in the 70's/80's during the day, and quite windy and chilly on deck at night. Be prepared for serious shrinkage.
you're still sticking to that story?
He won. Period.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Don't forget the sunscreen. And find one that doesn't irritate you. Sunburn in sensitive places that don't see the sun much can put a HUGE damper on Valentine's Day Celebrations.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Carpet_pissr wrote:playing the "greased pig" role in some game
I never ever want to play whatever this game is. I don't care what role you offer me. The answer is no.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

I've never been on one of these cruises but I do have some advice.

1. Sunscreen. You don't want Rudy to burn as I'm sure the peeling stage would be uncomfortable.
2. Wipe well after #2. No one likes someone who leaves streaks on the furniture.
3. Refrain from saying "smells like we're having fish tonight" until you are 100% certain that the kitchen is actually preparing fish for the evening's dinner.
naednek

Post by naednek »

isn't your sister going to that?

AWKARD
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
tgb

Post by tgb »

Wipe well after #2. No one likes someone who leaves streaks on the furniture.
Dibs on the sig.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
tgb

Post by tgb »

hepcat wrote:
tgb wrote:My only contribution is to say that when I did a Caribbean cruise in March, it was in the 70's/80's during the day, and quite windy and chilly on deck at night. Be prepared for serious shrinkage.
you're still sticking to that story?
After seeing me board the ship, it was changed to an "armor, burka, and chastity belt mandatory" cruise.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

TTIWWP

(second W stands for With)
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Jag

Post by Jag »

My fear with clothing optional is the people who opt out of clothing are usually the people you don't want to see.
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

J.D. wrote:I've never been on one of these cruises but I do have some advice.

1. Sunscreen. You don't want Rudy to burn as I'm sure the peeling stage would be uncomfortable.
2. Wipe well after #2. No one likes someone who leaves streaks on the furniture.
3. Refrain from saying "smells like we're having fish tonight" until you are 100% certain that the kitchen is actually preparing fish for the evening's dinner.
What about the toilet paper dingleberries? I'd look like a popcorn ceiling from behind.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I read this entire thread and will not be back for the pictures. The images in my mind right now are quite awful enough, thank you.
Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Bob wrote:I read this entire thread and will not be back for the pictures. The images in my mind right now are quite awful enough, thank you.
I scrolled down to the bottom first, saw this and opted to close the thread without reading backwards.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Odin

Post by Odin »

Jag wrote:My fear with clothing optional is the people who opt out of clothing are usually the people you don't want to see.
Exactly. I remember back when I was a kid and I used to read a magazine - it was either Mad or Cracked, I can't remember which. It used to have a regular feature which was a page showing how awesomely fantastic you'd imagine something to be, followed by a page of the harsh reality. Nudist events strike me as a prime example of this. Nor do I fail to recognize that I would be a prime offender if I participated. To quote Groucho: I'd never join any [such] organization that would have me as a member.
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

So no worries about embarrassing spontaneous erections then?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

J.D. wrote:So no worries about embarrassing spontaneous erections then?
It's coed, so no.
He won. Period.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

naednek wrote:isn't your sister going to that?

AWKARD
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Vorret wrote:
naednek wrote:isn't your sister going to that?

AWKARD
:shock: :shock: :shock:
where's the cruise originating? Alabama?
He won. Period.
Jag

Post by Jag »

While pictures are optional (unless they are of your wife), I am very much looking forward to a Brian AAR. This has potential to be legendary!