AT&T MicroCell for Wireless

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

AT&T MicroCell for Wireless

Post by Isgrimnur »

I was browsing my wireless account features today, and saw a new feature that I hadn't heard about: AT&T MicroCell. There's little information on the main site that I could find (other than the $20/month charge), but the Internet has me covered.
AT&T 3G MicroCell acts like a mini cellular tower in your home or small business environment. It connects to AT&T's network via your existing broadband internet service (such as DSL or cable) and is designed to support up to 10 3G capable wireless phones in a home or small business setting. With AT&T 3G MicroCell, you receive improved cellular signal performance for both voice calls and cellular data applications, like picture messaging and surfing the web for up to 4 simultaneous users.

Device Features:

* Enhanced coverage indoors - supports both voice and data up to 5000 square feet.
* Available unlimited minute plans - Individual or Family Plan.
* 3G handset compatible - works with any AT&T 3G Phone.
* Up to 4 simultaneous voice or data users supported.
* Device is secure - cannot be accessed by unauthorized users, easy and secure online management of device settings
* Seamless call hand-over - start calls on your 3G MicroCell and continue uninterrupted even if you leave the building.
Seems like it could be a decent solution for people that live in an outlying area where 3G cell coverage is spotty, but the broadband is decent. Not something I'm in the market, but something to be on the radar for people that might be interested in the service or changing providers, as I know a lot of the other carriers have stuff like this.
It's almost as if people are the problem.