Recall Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LordMortis

Re: Recall Thread

Post by LordMortis »

Losartan (and before that other blood pressure meds)

Funny how my med packaging changed apparently after they had to do a recall on Losartan after they did a voluntary recall of another blood pressure med earlier this year...

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm636624.htm

https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high ... ls-2018-19
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My wife took Losartan.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Losartan is also one of my meds along with the Amlodopine that was recalled earlier. I'm taking two other pills - welcome to soft, pudgy middle age. :(
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:39 am Losartan is also one of my meds along with the Amlodopine that was recalled earlier. I'm taking two other pills - welcome to soft, pudgy carcinogen middle age. :(
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ford
Ford Motor said Wednesday that it is recalling more than 270,000 Fusion vehicles in North America to fix a transmission glitch that can can cause the car to shift gears and roll away.

The recall is for 2013-16 Fusion vehicles with 2.5 liter engines that were built at the automaker’s Flat Rock, Michigan and Hermosillo, Mexico assembly plants.

The company said the bushing that attaches the shifter cable to the vehicle’s transmission may detach, which can result in “unintended vehicle movement.” Ford said it is aware of three reports of property damage due to the issue and one injury “potentially” related to the problem.
Ford also recalled about 3,000 2019 Ranger pickup trucks in the United States and Canada that were built at the company’s Michigan assembly plant. The automaker cited another transmission issue for the Ranger recalls, saying that the transmission shift cable bracket in affected vehicles may not have been torqued correctly and can eventually come lose.

This can cause the vehicle to shift into a different gear than the one selected by the driver, which can lead to the pickup truck rolling away and “increasing the risk of crash or injury.”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Pyperkub wrote: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:34 pm
Isgrimnur wrote:Ferrari
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has just announced one of the weirdest recalls ever, affecting the Ferrari 458. According to the feds, owners of the Italian supercar will have to take their rides back to the dealers because a person can get trapped in the trunk.

“In the event an individual is trapped in the trunk and the latch system does not release the trunk lid, it increases the risk of personal injury or possibly death”, the NHTSA explains.
Must be an Italian thing. ..
In certain circles this can be considered a feature...
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service has issued a recall for more than 62,000 pounds of raw beef due to E. coli concerns.
Here are some things to keep in mind when checking your labels:

The meat was packaged at the Aurora Packing Company, Inc in North Aurora, Illinois on April 19, but was shipped nationwide for distribution.

According to the USDA's announcement, the products being recalled have the establishment number "EST. 788" inside the USDA mark of inspection. The recall includes more than 40 products, most of which are cuts of steak, like ribeyes, as well as ribs and brisket cuts.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Target
Target has issued a recall for 90,000 of its Heyday Lightning cables after it received over a dozen reports of the cables smoking, sparking, or igniting, MacRumors reports. According to a recall notice issued by the United State Consumer Product Safety Commission, there have been two reports of people suffering finger burns from the cables, and they can also pose a shock hazard.

The recall is bad news for Heyday, Target’s first-ever consumer electronics brand. Speaking to Forbes last year, Target’s executive vice president and chief merchandising officer Mark Tritton said that the “disruptor” brand had been designed and developed internally at the retailer. The recall notice says that defective Lightning cables were sold as far back as June 2018, the same month Target launched the Heyday brand.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Volvo
Volvo has issued a recall on some its 2019 S60 sedans made in Berkeley County.

A total of 8,266 cars could be impacted by the recall, according to documents from the National Highway and Safety Administration. It includes S60 sedans made at the plant from September of 2018 until April 1.

The rear suspension toe link flange lock nuts may not have been properly tightened, possibly resulting in a sudden change in vehicle handling, documents stated.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Fisher Price
It was 2009, and a small team of engineers at the toy company outside Buffalo seemed to have solved one of the most vexing problems for new parents: getting babies to sleep. Their invention was an inclined sleeper. They named it the Rock ‘n Play. It held babies on their backs in a padded frame at a 30-degree angle, like a recliner. There was nothing else like it. Cribs and bassinets lie flat. The difference was spelled out right on the box: “Baby can sleep at a comfortable incline all night long!”
Over the next decade, Fisher-Price would sell 4.7 million Rock ‘n Play Sleepers at $50 to $80 each.

But Fisher-Price developed its revolutionary product based on faulty beliefs about infant sleep, with no clinical research into whether it was safe, and, rather than seeking the advice of pediatricians, consulted just a single doctor — a family physician from Texas whose expertise had already been doubted by judges and who would eventually lose his medical license, according to a review by The Washington Post of thousands of pages of court depositions, emails and medical studies, along with interviews of doctors and regulators.
Last month, the Rock ‘n Play was recalled by Fisher-Price after a series of infant deaths. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), which helped coordinate the recall, said more than 30 babies died in the product after they turned over while unrestrained or “under other circumstances.” But regulators did not definitively blame the product for the deaths. The recall followed a report by Consumer Reports magazine days earlier that was the first to document concerns about the product’s development and pushed for the recall after it obtained agency records about the deaths. Two weeks later, another 700,000 inclined sleepers made by another firm, Kids II, were recalled in relation to five more deaths.
Unexpected sleep deaths are the leading cause of accidental fatalities for children younger than 1 in the United States, killing 3,600 infants annually. While the causes of these deaths often remain medical mysteries, experts say they do know how to make sleep safer.

Yet the Rock ‘n Play’s design appeared to conflict with longtime American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines on what constitutes safe infant sleep. These guidelines have recommended since the mid-1990s that babies sleep faceup in an empty crib or bassinet to avoid accidental suffocation. The Back to Sleep campaign — supported by U.S. medical authorities — also says babies should not sleep for long periods in inclined devices such as car seats or infant swings for the same reasons. Studies credit this advice with slashing U.S. infant sleep deaths in half over the past two decades.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WNEP

For the second time in two weeks, flour is being recalled because of E. coli fears.

This time it’s 4,620 cases of Pillsbury Best 5-pound Bread Flour, sold by Hometown Food Company and distributed in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.

The flour was manufactured by ADM Milling Co. in Buffalo, New York.

The products being recalled have UPC codes of 051500200315, lot codes of either 8342 or 8343 and use by dates of either June 8, 2020, or June 9, 2020.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I see recalls left and right because of stuff in the food like rocks or plastic pieces or rubber. Are these companies no longer inspected? Are they still using ancient equipment that is falling apart? Scary.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

What, you don't like rocks in your breakfast wraps? Plastic in your spaghetti sauce or chicken fritters? Undeclared eggs in your bacon quiche?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:10 pm I see recalls left and right because of stuff in the food like rocks or plastic pieces or rubber. Are these companies no longer inspected? Are they still using ancient equipment that is falling apart? Scary.
I suspect it is more likely that it has always been this way, we're just better at catching it now and reporting/recalling things.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:16 pm Undeclared eggs in your bacon quiche?
That one baffled me a bit until I followed your link. I mean, how can you not mention eggs in quiche, since they're really kind of a staple ingredient in quiche? Turns out they attached a label for macaroni and cheese to their quiche packaging.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:35 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:16 pm Undeclared eggs in your bacon quiche?
That one baffled me a bit until I followed your link. I mean, how can you not mention eggs in quiche, since they're really kind of a staple ingredient in quiche? Turns out they attached a label for macaroni and cheese to their quiche packaging.
Even better. It's "approximately 51 pounds" of product.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Hummus
Eleven brands of 74 various types of hummus have been recalled because of concerns about Listeria monocytogenes, the Food and Drug Administration announced.

All of the hummus was produced by Pita Pal Foods and shipped to stores nationwide. The FDA found listeria in the manufacturing plant during an inspection, not in the hummus itself. No illnesses have been reported.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
Tens of thousands of stovetops have been recalled, for the freakiest of reasons: They can turn themselves on.

The 26,300 glass cooktops -- sold under the Whirlpool, KitchenAid and JennAir brands -- were recalled Wednesday by Whirlpool, according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission.

The cooktops pose a burn and fire hazard, but the recall notice doesn't explain how the cooktops turn themselves on. The glass cooktops were manufactured from December 2016 through July 2019 and sold at Lowe's, Home Depot, Best Buy and other stores from March 2017 through August 2009. [sic]

Whirlpool said it has received 133 reports of cooktops turning on by themselves, resulting in 14 reports of fire or heat damage. Two cases of minor burn injuries have been reported.
Not listed at CNN, but is at the CPSC alert is that they have touch controls. If you're still twisting knobs, you're fine.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Toyota and Takata
Toyota is recalling about 191,000 Corolla and Matrix cars to fix airbags that replaced defective Takata airbags but may have been damaged.

The Japanese automaker announced Wednesday that it would recall certain 2003 through 2008 model-year Corolla cars and 2005 through 2008 model-year Matrix cars.

The recall involves about 135,000 vehicles in the U.S. that already had their defective Takata airbags replaced.

The problem with these cars is that their front-passenger-seat replacement airbags may not perform correctly.
:doh:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

GM
Under pressure from the federal government, General Motors is recalling more than 3.4 million big pickup trucks and SUVs in the U.S to fix a brake problem.

The recall covers the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups from the 2014 through 2018 model years. Also included are the Cadillac Escalade from 2015 to 2017, and the GMC Yukon and Chevy Suburban and Tahoe from 2015 through 2018.

GM says that as it ages, the pump in the power-assist brakes can put out less vacuum power than needed, increasing stopping distance and the risk of a crash.

The recall comes after the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration began investigating the problem in November.

Dealers will recalibrate the electronic brake control module at no cost to customers. Owners were to be notified starting Sept. 6.

NHTSA, the government’s road safety agency, began investigating the problem last year after getting 111 complaints from owners of poor brake performance. At the time, the agency had nine reports of crashes that had caused two injuries.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dealers will recalibrate the electronic brake control module at no cost to customers.
So they're not going to replace the faulty brake system and only reprogram the computer to compensate for it.....until down the road when it gets worse or fails and kills you. Nice.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

GM says the problems occur rarely and mostly at low speeds like driving in parking lots. Even with the problem, the brakes “continue to function and exceed the requirements of the appropriate federal motor vehicle safety standard,” GM spokesman Dan Flores said.

The vacuum pump is lubricated with engine oil that flows through a filter screen. In some of the trucks, oil sludge or other debris can clog the screen, reducing oil flow and causing the pump’s vacuum output to drop, Flores said.

The trucks, he said, have a secondary power brake assist system that works when there are problems with the main system, but it is limited at lower speeds. The reprogramming will activate the secondary system faster.

GM isn’t replacing the pumps because pump failures are rare and already are covered by an extended warranty, Flores said. “This remedy will improve brake performance in any situation where brake vacuum drops,” he said.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im sure Id feel safe if I owned one...not. Companies and their paid bs writers.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Toyota
There are seven 2020 Toyota Supra owners that may need to have their cars entirely replaced. Apologies in advance if you're one of them.

According to documents published today with NHTSA, the 2020 Toyota Supra is subject to a new safety recall for seatbelt guide loops that may feature improper welds. Recalls are never really humorous in nature, but this one is at least a little funny, because the recall comes from BMW.

Since BMW manufactures the Toyota Supra these days in Austria, it's the automaker responsible for the potential defect. It underscores the Japanese sports car's heavy reliance on a BMW architecture, which has been a sticking point for purists, to put it kindly.

Anyway, the recall explains that a total of seven Supras may have left the factory with improper welds for the seatbelt guide loop. In the event of a crash, the faulty welds may not let the seatbelt do its job and restrain the driver properly.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Dorset Cheese
In response to a recall from Consider Bardwell Farm, Whole Foods Market stores in the Northeast and North Atlantic regions are voluntarily recalling Dorset cheese because of a potential contamination of Listeria monocytogenes.
The affected product was sold at Whole Foods Market stores in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island. The affected product was cut and wrapped in plastic with a Whole Foods Market scale label, identifiable by PLU code 97776 with sell-by dates through 10/30/2019.

No illnesses have been reported to date.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Tip Top Poultry
Tip Top Poultry, Inc, a Rockmart, Ga., establishment, is recalling an undetermined amount of ready-to-eat (RTE) poultry products that may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.

The frozen cooked, diced or shredded, RTE chicken products were produced between January 21, 2019 and September 24, 2019.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “Est. P-17453” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to institutions nationwide in the United States and Canada.

The problem was discovered when the firm notified FSIS that multiple samples of product produced by Tip Top Poultry, Inc. confirmed positive for the presence of Listeria monocytogenes after being tested in Canada. The firm decided to recall all cooked, diced or shredded, RTE chicken products produced from January 21, 2019 through September 24, 2019 with product codes ranging from 10000 to 19999 and 70000 to 79999. Tip Top expanded the dates and the scope of the recall out of an abundance of caution.

There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Heartburn meds
Walmart will suspend sales of over-the-counter ranitidine products, including Zantac, after the Food and Drug Administration discovered an impurity that has been linked to cancer in the popular heartburn medicine.

In a statement Wednesday, Walmart said it will also halt sales of Equate and Member's Mark brands of ranitidine. Customers who purchased the products from Walmart or Sam's Club can return them for a refund.

The nation's largest retailer joins CVS and Walgreens in suspending ranitidine sales after the FD revealed some pills contained "low levels" of a possible carcinogen called nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA).

Meanwhile, in a statement obtained by USA TODAY, Kroger said it is suspending sales of Zantac and its private-label equivalent at its stores nationwide. Customers can return purchased products to stores for a refund.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

USA Today
Harbor Freight Tools is recalling about 1.1 million Gordon Folding Knives because they pose a safety risk.

According to the recall notice posted on the Consumer Product Safety Commission website, the knives' "locking mechanism can fail to engage on extension of the blade, posing a laceration hazard."

The recall comes after seven reports of the pocketknives failing to lock, which resulted in "six reports of laceration injuries, including four that required medical attention," the notice states.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Chicken
Tip Top Poultry Inc., of Rockmart, Georgia, issued the recall in September for frozen, cooked, diced, or shredded chicken, which was sold under various brands at stores including Trader Joe's, Aldi, and Target.

The recall was expanded on Tuesday to dozens of additional products.

In an alert issued on Tuesday, the US Department of Agriculture classified the recall as class 1, which the agency defines as "a health hazard situation where there is a reasonable probability that the use of the product will cause serious, adverse health consequences or death."

The chains impacted by the recall include Giant Supermarket, Kroger, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Bi-Lo, Piggly Wiggly, Kings Supermarket, Jersey Mike's, and others, according to the USDA.
Items affected by the recall were produced from January 21 through September 24. The recalled products include ready-to-eat sandwiches and several types of chicken salad, as well as frozen items, such as chicken pot pie sold by Trader Joe's and butter-chicken spring rolls sold under Kroger's Private Selection brand.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This affects the Reeser's Chicken Salad we always bought too at Save A Lot.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blue Bell Ice Cream in Butter Crunch flavor is recalled. Plastic in it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 928700002/
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

What, too much crunch?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Size matters!. Also, this is likely not good.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Taco Bell
Taco Bell said Tuesday that it has recalled about 2.3 million pounds of beef after a customer discovered a metal shaving in an order.

The Yum Brands chain voluntarily recalled the beef on Friday. As of midday Monday, 100% of the affected restaurants in 21 states across the eastern Midwest, northern Southeast and Northeast regions have removed and discarded the seasoned beef.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture, which regulates the safety of meat, said Tuesday in a statement that there have not been any confirmed reports of adverse reactions from consuming Taco Bell’s beef.
The recalled seasoned beef was made at a single plant location on one of two lines used to create the product. It was sent to distribution centers in Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Virginia.

Taco Bell is one of the largest purchasers of beef in the U.S. It serves 290 million pounds of ground beef every year, according to its website.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Blackhawk holster
The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission and Vista Outdoor have issued a recall notice for the company’s Blackhawk T-Series L2C gun holsters after the design was found to potentially “change the position of the safety switch on the firearm without the user knowing it.” So instead of keeping the gun safe and secure, there’s the chance it unknowingly makes it ready to fire.

The recalled holster is specifically designed to be used with Sig Sauer P320/P250, which is the civilian version of that firearm. However, the gunmaker also made the military version of that firearm, known as the M17/M18, available to consumers, and after reviewing the holster’s design it was determined that it could “interfere with the mechanical fire safety switch of the M17/M18" so it’s being officially recalled as a precautionary step. The holster can be recognized by looking for the identifier “2101213A” which can be found printed on the outside of the holster. Thankfully, no injuries have been reported to date as a result of the design flaw, but owners are urged to immediately stop using it.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

That's not a bug, it's a quick draw feature.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

IIRC Blackhawk also makes the infamous 'Serpa' holster. To release the gun from the holster you press on a holster button with your trigger finger, but as you pull the gun out it's easy to keep that finger pressure/momentum going and pull directly on the trigger as you take out the gun.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Which is why it was banned by the LAPD.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Toyota and Takata
Toyota is entering the final phase of its Takata airbag replacement efforts with the announcement of a recall involving 928,000 Toyota, Scion, and Lexus models. These vehicles previously had their high-risk airbags replaced with new Takata airbags as a stop-gap measure until the “final remedy” airbags were available.

This action calls the more than 900,000 vehicles back to dealerships to be fitted with replacement airbags from non-Takata suppliers. Toyota says this final phase is being done ahead of the schedule established by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Toyota said it will notify customers of the recall in mid-December.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Subaru
Subaru is recalling over 400,000 vehicles in the U.S. to fix problems with engine computers and debris that can fall into motors.

The first recall covers 466,000 Imprezas from 2017 through 2019, and 2018 and 2019 Crosstreks. Subaru says the engine computer can keep powering the ignition coil after motors are shut off. That could cause a short circuit and blown fuse.
The second covers 205,000 Imprezas from 2017 through 2019 and 2018 Crosstreks. The aluminum positive crankcase ventilation valves can fall apart. Debris can enter the engine and cause power loss.