Recall Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Pyperkub

Re: Recall Thread

Post by Pyperkub »

Unagi wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:36 am A snowblower pulling your arm off , as it wraps around the auger - sounds like the most horrible way to lose an arm (or leg, or foot)
Am I the only one with Hot Tub Time Machine in their head now?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

DiGiorno
It's not delivery, it's a recall. The frozen pizza brand known for its declarative slogan is recalling thousands of pounds of pies due to "misbranding and undeclared allergens," according to federal officials.

Nestlé USA Inc. is recalling some 27,872 pounds of frozen DiGiorno Crispy Pan Crust pepperoni pizza, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced on Sunday.

The FSIS says the frozen pepperoni pizza product carton may actually contain frozen three-meat pizza, which is made with textured soy protein — a known allergen that is not reflected in the label.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I like these type recalls as they are no worry to me. Phew.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Kia Sedona
Kia said this month that it is recalling 88,576 Sedonas from the 2015 through 2017 model years because of a software problem that could activate the opposite turn signal than the one intended. This is a weird one.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ellume
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is alerting test users, caregivers, health care personnel, and the public of the potential for false positive results with certain lots of the Ellume COVID-19 Home Test, due to a recently identified manufacturing issue. For these tests, a “false positive” is a test result that indicates that a person has the virus when they do not actually have it. Negative results do not appear to be affected by the manufacturing issue.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

My goddamn Philips C-pap machine got recalled. The foam degrades into particulate matter that can get in your lungs.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

This seems like the right place...

Priest's Baptistms Considered Invalid

He used the wrong phrasing for 20 years and so people will need to be re-baptized and go through the other sacraments of initiation again as well. Oops.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That's what happens when there's no QA department.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

So what happens if you arrive at the pearly gates before getting the update?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Gateguard

Post by Gateguard »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:58 am So what happens if you arrive at the pearly gates before getting the update?
They send you the other direction for a "baptism by fire"? :angry-devil:
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

How are we going to un-sing the songs that are theologically correct? :lol:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

If I'm going to bump this thread, it'll be over nightshade:
Dole Fresh Vegetables Inc is recalling Simply Nature Organic Spring Mix 16 oz., and Walmart’s Marketside Spring Mix 11 oz. and 5 oz. because of its potential to contain hairy nightshade.

Hairy nightshade may refer to several different plants, all in the nightshade family of plants.

According to Colorado State University’s “Guide to Poisonous Plants,” nightshades may contain steroidal alkaloids such as solanine and have atropine-like effects on the nervous system inhibiting the enzyme acetylcholinesterase. Some nightshades also contain irritants such as saponins that cause salivation and diarrhea. Nightshades may also accumulate toxic levels of nitrate.

The recalled products were distributed in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana and Tennessee.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Maybe just a tomato?
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Cosori Air Fryers
The U.S. CPSC said that Cosori received 205 complaints of air fryers "catching fire, burning, melting overheating and smoking." Ten of the complaints reported minor burn injuries, and 23 said the faulty devices had caused minor property damage.

The company said the fire hazard was related to a faulty wire connection that caused the devices to overheat "in extremely rare circumstances."
I have one of the affected models but I'm debating the hassle of getting it replaced.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I'm going to get it replaced. It's a pain, though, because you have to cut the cord off and upload pictures as proof along with the batch number on the bottom of the air fryer written on a piece of paper as proof that you're really not going to continue using (or re-sell, I guess) the defective version. I'm going to cut the cord this afternoon and hope things ship quickly!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:51 pm I'm going to get it replaced. It's a pain, though, because you have to cut the cord off and upload pictures as proof along with the batch number on the bottom of the air fryer written on a piece of paper as proof that you're really not going to continue using (or re-sell, I guess) the defective version. I'm going to cut the cord this afternoon and hope things ship quickly!
FYI, gilraen read that you can expect it to take a couple of months to get a replacement.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Wheew, you all convinced me to buy a Cosori a few weeks ago, but I got lucky - my model isn't included (despite looking exactly like those that are.) It would be challenging to deal with all of the air fryer specific food that we have. I'd likely have to use it anyway for a couple of weeks until we went through it, but sit there and keep an eye on it while it's cooking.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Eyedrops which can cause blindness...
The Food and Drug Administration posted separate recall notices for certain eyedrops distributed by Pharmedica and Apotex after the companies said they are voluntarily pulling several lots of their products from the market. Both companies said the recalls were conducted in consultation with the FDA.

Pharmedica on Friday said it is recalling two lots of Purely Soothing 15% MSM Drops due to problems “that could result in blindness.” The over-the-counter drops are designed to treat eye irritation. The Phoenix-based company said consumers should immediately stop using the drops and return them to the place they were purchased.

The recall affects nearly 2,900 bottles, according to the company. The drops were manufactured in Arizona.

Last week, the FDA posted a separate recall announcement from Apotex recalling six lots of prescription eyedrops used to treat a form of glaucoma. The company said it launched the recall after finding cracks in a handful of bottle caps.

The drops are distributed as Brimonidine Tartrate Ophthalmic Solution. 0.15% and were sold between last April through February.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yeti
The affected Yeti products are being recalled because the magnet-lined closure can fail and detach, which poses a "a risk of serious injury or death if ingested," the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said in a statement Thursday.

Hopper M30 Soft Cooler 1.0 and 2.0
Hopper M20 Soft Backpack Cooler
SideKick Dry Gear Case
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Stop putting everything in your mouth dumb asses. You're ruining it for the rest of us.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I swear by my Yeti steel coffee cup. Coffee stays warm all day.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Stop sticking stuff in your mouth holes people. You're ruining it for the rest of us lol.

Deja vu after Firefox tab crashed during posting...weird..multiverse proven!!
Last edited by Daehawk on Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

RTIC. Yeti aesthetic, half the price.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:19 pm I swear by my Yeti steel coffee cup. Coffee stays warm all day.
+1 when leaving the house in the morning, and it holds 24 oz of coffee that stays warm enough to be considered hot for a good three hours. It was my personal savior when I was working for a living.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Hyundai and Kia
Affected Hyundai vehicles include the 2019 to 2023 Santa Fe, the 2021 to 2023 Santa Fe Hybrid, the 2022 and 2023 Santa Fe Plug-in hybrid and the 2022 and 2023 Santa Cruz. The only Kia affected is the Carnival minivan from 2022 and 2023. All have Hyundai or Kia tow hitch harnesses that came as original equipment or were installed by dealers.

The Korean automakers say in documents posted Thursday by U.S. safety regulators that water can get into a circuit board on the hitches and cause a short circuit even if the ignitions are off.

Hyundai has reports of one fire and five heat damage incidents with no injuries. Kia has no reports of fires or injuries.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

TheMix wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:43 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:51 pm I'm going to get it replaced. It's a pain, though, because you have to cut the cord off and upload pictures as proof along with the batch number on the bottom of the air fryer written on a piece of paper as proof that you're really not going to continue using (or re-sell, I guess) the defective version. I'm going to cut the cord this afternoon and hope things ship quickly!
FYI, gilraen read that you can expect it to take a couple of months to get a replacement.
Got my replacement yesterday, so a couple of months was about right.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Peloton recalling 2.2 million exercise bikes due to seat post breaking during use. They will provide affected owners with a replacement seat post but you are supposed to fix it yourself (presumably there's an instruction video on their website).
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That is friggin’ terrifying. One minute you’re bouncing up and down to the rhythm of peddling, the next you’re….

….you know what, I don’t wanna think about it.
Covfefe!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wait wait wait a minute..slow down here ya'll. You mean the seat....that tiny little piece of plastic and fabric that is supposed to cushion your buns,.....just up and flys off willy nilly leaving you with a steel rod to bumpus your rumpus down upon?? .....Mid flight?.....Oh no baby that gonna hurt your raspberry real bad right there baby doll.

Enlarge Image
disarm

Post by disarm »

gilraen wrote:Peloton recalling 2.2 million exercise bikes due to seat post breaking during use. They will provide affected owners with a replacement seat post but you are supposed to fix it yourself (presumably there's an instruction video on their website).
As an owner of an original Peloton bike, I really don't see this as a big deal, despite what news stories might want you to think.

I received an email from the company today informing me of the recall because they've had 35 reports of the seatpost breaking out of 2.16 million first-generation bikes sold. There were injuries reported in 13 of those cases, including one wrist fracture and a few lacerations and bruises. They're providing a replacement seatpost free of charge for anyone who files a request, and making the swap is just a matter of flipping a quick-release, sliding the old post out, sliding the new one in, and remounting the seat. It's a five minute repair that you shouldn't even need instructions.

We've spent hundreds of hours on our bike since it was delivered in December 2016 without any issues, and I have no safety concerns after that amount of time. If there were a significant defect in the seatpost, I'm pretty sure a lot more people would have complained by now. This seems like yet another case of the CPSC making a big deal out of nothing, but Peloton can't afford to take any chances after what happened with the CPSC report about their original treadmill (which we also have and don't intend to give up).
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Didn't know what CPSC was until now.. The more ya know.

Anyways just how do you get a wrist fracture and lacerations from a seat post? Why is your hand back there?? :)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I hope I don't get a notice like that for my shower chair.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

disarm wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:16 pm another case of the CPSC making a big deal out of nothing
Isn't that SOP for the CPSC? They raise attention, and it's up to discerning readers (i.e., anyone who doesn't just read media headlines) to determine the actual concern level for a product fix?

Not picking on you, but I've got a highly developed sense of dislike for strawman arguments in today's world, and I see them all the freaking time.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Daehawk wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:33 pm
Anyways just how do you get a wrist fracture and lacerations from a seat post? Why is your hand back there?? :)
Seat post breaks and you fall off the bike.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

https://www.local3news.com/local-news/t ... 15090.html

Tennessee company refuses US request to recall 67 million potentially dangerous air bag inflators

Deadly danger.

Enlarge Image
disarm

Post by disarm »

The Meal wrote:
disarm wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:16 pm another case of the CPSC making a big deal out of nothing
Isn't that SOP for the CPSC? They raise attention, and it's up to discerning readers (i.e., anyone who doesn't just read media headlines) to determine the actual concern level for a product fix?

Not picking on you, but I've got a highly developed sense of dislike for strawman arguments in today's world, and I see them all the freaking time.
My personal opinion of the CPSC is that they're a ridiculous, trouble making organization most of the time. They raise red flags about products that are often unwarranted, or single out a particular company/product when others on the market have similar issues but less notoriety.

Peloton is the perfect example. Their original treadmill made headlines coming up on two years ago because the CPSC declared it unsafe after a couple incidents of someone getting pulled under the belt at the rear of the treadmill. I'll admit that what happened was awful because it did result in the death of a child in one case, but the CPSC forced Peloton to recall their treadmill when its design really isn't any different than others on the market. They singled out Peloton because they are a high profile company, while other treadmills continue to injure people but are left alone. There are a surprisingly high number of serious treadmill injuries reported every year, but when is the last time you heard about any other recall? We have a original Peloton Tread and it is by the best treadmill I've ever used...but it has been deemed unsafe (and eligible for a full refund) because a few people couldn't keep their kids away from a powerful piece of exercise equipment. We have no intention of sending back our awesome treadmill though.

If you want other examples, look into what they have to say about Onewheel and Buckyballs. They forced the company that made Buckyballs out of business until a federal judge overturned the ban years later, and Onewheel is fighting a safety claim that would put them out of business as well.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Trader Joe's
For the third time in a week, a product at Trader Joe's is being recalled — this time it’s the Fully Cooked Falafel because it “may contain rocks."

Last Friday, the popular grocery store chain announced it was recalling two cookie products after it discovered they might also contain rocks. And on Thursday, it said its Unexpected Broccoli Cheddar Soup is being recalled in seven states because the product "may contain insects.”
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Generac
Generac Power Systems announced it's recalling around 64,000 portable generators that can malfunction and injure users. At least three severe burn injuries have been reported.

"The recalled generators' fuel tank can fail to vent adequately from the rollover valve, causing the gas tank to build up excess pressure and expel fuel when opened, posing fire and burn hazards," the company said in a press release.

The recall includes portable generator types GP15000E and GP17500E with various model numbers that can be found on Generac's website. Both the unit type and model number are printed on the generator.

The Wisconsin-based manufacturer is urging consumers to immediately stop using the affected generators and contact the company for a free repair kit, which can take six to eight weeks to arrive.