Recall Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Re: Recall Thread

Post by Isgrimnur »

GM
General Motors Co is recalling 638,000 U.S. sport utility vehicles and pickup trucks because a wheel-speed sensor could fail and cause unintended braking, it said Thursday.

The recall covers 2015-2020 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe, and Yukon and 2014-2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 vehicles equipped with a 5.3-liter engine, a 3.08-ratio rear axle and four-wheel drive.

The sensor failure could result in unintended activation of the driveline protection system, and cause unintended braking of the wheel on the opposite side of the failed sensor. That could cause the vehicle to pull to one side unexpectedly, increasing the risk of a crash, the Detroit automaker said.

GM said it was not aware of any crashes relating to the issue but found 150 field claims alleging the condition caused unintended braking or lateral-vehicle motion.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Vegetals

More than 100 vegetable products sold under nearly a dozen different brand names have been recalled because they could be contaminated with Listeria.

Mann Packing Co. announced the recall Friday in response to a notification by the Food and Drug Administration and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.

This link lists all the recalled products sold in the United States. Below the list are images of each product. The recalled products have a “Best If Enjoyed By” date of October 11, 2019 to November 16, 2019.
Frozen raspberries
Wawona Frozen Foods is voluntarily recalling packages of frozen raspberries and frozen berry mixes containing raspberries sold at Aldi Grocery Stores and frozen raspberries sold at Raley's Family of Fine Stores because they have the potential to be contaminated with Hepatitis A. The frozen raspberries and frozen berry mixes containing raspberries were packaged under the Aldi and Raley's private labels. Wawona Frozen Foods is issuing this voluntary recall out of an abundance of caution due to a positive test result taken as part of a government sampling program.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Toll House cookies
Nestlé USA is recalling some of its ready-to-bake refrigerated Toll House Cookie Dough products due to the potential presence of rubber pieces.

The recall of one of the food conglomerate's signature products includes cookie dough bars, tubs and tube-shaped packages sold throughout the U.S., the company said in a statement posted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

The company decided to issue the recall after "receiving reports of food-grade pieces of rubber in some of these products," according to Nestlé, which added that it had identified the source of the rubber and fixed the problem.
The recall involves products with batch codes beginning with 9189 through those starting with 9295.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Xanax
Mylan Pharmaceuticals is pulling a batch of Xanax from pharmacy shelves nationwide because of what the company said is "the potential presence of a foreign substance" in the popular prescription anti-anxiety drug.

The drug manufacturer cited a small chance of infection in recalling the batch of alprazolam, the prescription drug sold under the brand name Xanax, according to a recall notice posted Saturday by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
The recall involves alprazolam tablets, USP C-IV, 0.5 mg in 500-count bottles, lot No. 8082708, with a September 2020 expiration date. The lot was distributed in July and August.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

All the chicken!
More than 2 million pounds of chicken are being recalled because the poultry "may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically metal," the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Wednesday.

According to the USDA, Simmons Prepared Foods, based in Gentry, Arkansas, is recalling several of its ready-to-cook chicken products, which include chicken legs, wings and whole chickens.

The notice says the chicken was shipped "to institutions in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Minnesota, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania." Institutions can include restaurants, schools, hospitals and distributors. The recall doesn't include chicken sold in stores.

The items were produced between Oct. 21 and Nov. 4, according to the recall notice.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think Ive seen more recalls of food in the last 10 years than all my life before that. Not only did the government drastically cut the inspectors and inspections but it seems companies have ran their equipment way past the safe to use date. So many plastic and rubber parts falling apart and into the foods. And a magnet wont catch that error at the line.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Pizza toppings
The Columbus, Ohio-based Ezzo Sausage Company is recalling 25,115 pounds of sausage products following a test that confirmed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes, according to the US Department of Agriculture's Food and Safety Inspection Service (FSIS).
The recall includes 15 ready-to-eat products produced on October 29-30 and November 5. The full product list provides a glimpse of what you should be looking for. The FSIS recall does not provide information on where the products have been distributed, but Ezzo says the products were marked for distribution in Indiana and Ohio, per Food Safety News.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We're on a roll this week....

Frozen White Castle burgers all versions because of Listeria

Mixed salad AGAIN for e-coli

El Monterey breakfast burritos for plastic https://www.abcactionnews.com/money/con ... tic-pieces

Seems lettuce and mixed salad are always e-coli these days. Someone online said someone build those workers a bathroom so they'll stop shitting in the lettuce :)..But its the area where they are grown with runoff. Im surprised that whole area of CA doesn't go out of business. It seems to be unusable for human food.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Yakitori fried rice

It'll make ya Yak....with plastic piece.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Yet again the gov changes rules and reduced amount of inspectors. I think they are trying to kill us.

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/41457822/u ... -consumers
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Frozen beef patties
About 15,739 pounds of frozen beef patties are being recalled because they "may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically small, green, soft plastic," the US Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service said.

The ready-to-eat products from Cincinnati-based AdvancePierre Foods were not sold in retail stories, the FSIS said Friday in a news release, but distributed from a warehouse in Iowa to institutions, including schools.

The frozen products were not sent to schools as part of the National School Lunch Program but were part of a commercial sale, the FSIS added. The schools that got the patties were not named.
Advance Pierre Foods, which is owned by Tyson Foods, said in a statement that it was recalling the patties "out of an abundance of caution." According to the company, 15,000 pounds is about "half of one truckload of product."
The company recalled more than 20,000 pounds of beef patties in April after it got two reports of soft, purple plastic in the patties.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Soon they'll have to start recalling plastic due to small bits of beef in them.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

All the boiled eggs!
Multiple brands of products that include hard-boiled eggs are under nationwide recall following an alert last week by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention about a deadly outbreak of listeria. At least seven people in five states have gotten sick, including one who died in Texas.

The eggs from Almark Foods of Gainesville, Ga., were sent to foodservice operators nationwide. Almark says it has temporarily suspended all production at its Gainesville plant.

Trader Joe’s announced Monday it is recalling its brand name Egg Salad in 6-ounce cups and its brand name Old Fashioned Potato Salada in 20-ounc trays. They have use-by dates up to and including Dec. 27, 2019.
Almark Foods has announced a recall of 76 items distributed nationwide, which you can see the full list of at this link. They were sold under multiple brand names including 7 Select, Almark Foods, Best Choice, CMI, Dairy Fresh, Deb-El, Egglands Best, Everyday Essentials, Farmers Hen House, Food Club, Fresh Thyme, Giant Eagle, Great Day, Great Value, Inspired Organics, Kirkland Signature, Kroger, LIDL, Lucerne, Members Mark, Naturally Better, Nellie’s, O Organics, Peckish, Pete & Gerry’s, Rainbow Farms, Rembrandt Foods, ShopRite, Simple Truth Organics, Sunshine, Vital Farms, and Wild Harvest.

The Almark recall includes all product packaged for the retail market manufactured at its Gainesville plant that remains within shelf life. This includes product with “Best If Used By” dates up through March 2, 2020.
TIL that you can buy boiled eggs at the grocery store.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:38 pm TIL that you can buy boiled eggs at the grocery store.
Enlarge Image
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I’m not a consumer of boiled eggs, and have never happened across them in a mass market perspective at the store.

Potted meat food product, on the other hand...
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The only boiled egg Ive ever bought in a store was pickled.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ramen
An outbreak of listeria in several states because of infected hard-boiled eggs prompted Veggie Noodle Co. to issue a voluntary recall of its Cece's brand Fresh Veggie Ramen with Chicken Broth on Saturday, according to a press release last updated Sunday.

According to the release, the product has been recalled across the country, regardless of the expiration date, because its separately packaged egg may be contaminated with a potentially fatal organism, Listeria monocytogenes.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Toyota
- Toyota is recalling nearly 700,000 vehicles in the U.S. because the fuel pumps can fail and cause engines to stall. That can increase the risk of a crash.

The recall covers certain 2018 and 2019 Lexus LS 500, LC 500, RC 350, RC 300, GS 350, IS 300, ES 350, LX 570, GX 460, and RX 350 models. Also included are certain 2018 and 2019 Toyota 4Runner, Camry, Highlander, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, Sienna, Tacoma, and Tundra models. Some 2019 models also are affected including the Avalon and Corolla.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ford
Ford is recalling over 240,000 SUVs and cars worldwide because a suspension part can fracture and increase the risk of a crash.

The recall covers the Ford Flex, Taurus police car, Taurus SHO and Lincoln MKT from the 2013 through 2018 model years. Most of the recalled vehicles are in North America.

Ford says if the suspension moves a lot on the vehicles, the rear toe links can fracture. Toe links help keep the rear suspension stable and the tires on the pavement.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Salmonella outbreak linked to onions expands to hundreds of people sickened in 43 states

Was going to buy a nice big onion tomorrow...guess not.
Some of the onions were sold at stores including Walmart, Kroger, Fred Meyer, Publix, Giant Eagle, Food Lion, and H-E-B, under a variety of brand names.
A salmonella outbreak caused by onions is expanding and has infected 640 people from 43 states. At least 85 of them have been hospitalized, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.The Food and Drug Administration has warned consumers not to eat onions from Thomson International Inc. The advice applies to red, white, yellow, and sweet onions.Several companies have recalled onions and foods made with recalled onions like chicken salad, macaroni salad, fajita stir-fry, pizza and diced raw onions, including Taylor Farms and Giant Eagle.Infections have been reported in several states including Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Illinois, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

More recalls! We don nee no stink'in inspectors.

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/42484755/f ... tamination

FDA recalling some potatoes, lemons, limes and oranges for potential listeria contamination.
First, it was onions and now, it's lemons, limes, oranges and red potatoes.

The FDA has announced a voluntary recall by Freshouse II LLC due to a potential listeria contamination.

The recall was issued after Freshouse found Listeria monocytogenes on a piece of equipment at one of its packing facilities, according to a statement on the FDA website.
Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Kia
Kia is recalling nearly 295,000 vehicles in the U.S. because the engines can stall or catch fire.

The recall comes just a week after Kia and affiliated Korean automaker Hyundai were fined by the U.S. government for allegedly delaying recalls.

The recall covers certain 2012 and 2013 Sorento SUVs, 2012 through 2015 Forte and Forte Koup cars, and 2011 through 2013 Optima Hybrid cars. Also included are 2014 and 2015 Soul SUVs and 2012 Sportage SUVs.
The recall comes after the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration began investigating Kia and Hyundai engine fires in 2019. The agency opened the probe after the nonprofit Center for Auto Safety filed a petition seeking the investigation. When the inquiry began, the agency said it had owner complaints of more than 3,100 fires, 103 injuries and one death.

Kia will notify owners starting Jan. 27. Dealers will inspect the engines for fuel or oil leaks and replace them if necessary. The company also is developing a knock sensor software update.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its a Kia. Weren't their engines engineered to stall and catch fire?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Stall and Catch Fire - a new miniseries coming to Netflix.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

FDA issues pet food alert after 28 dogs are reported dead from toxin

Pets poisoned by aflatoxin can display symptoms that include sluggishness, jaundice -- a yellowish tint in the eyes or gums caused by liver damage -- loss of appetite, vomiting or diarrhea, according to the FDA.

Enlarge Image

Sportmix Energy Plus, 50-pound bag

Exp 03/02/22/05/L2
Exp 03/02/22/05/L3
Exp 03/03/22/05/L2

Sportmix Energy Plus, 44-pound bag

Exp 03/02/22/05/L3

Sportmix Premium High Energy, 50-pound bag

Exp 03/03/22/05/L3

Sportmix Premium High Energy, 44-pound bag

Exp 03/03/22/05/L3

Sportmix Original Cat, 31-pound bag

Exp 03/03/22/05/L3

Sportmix Original Cat, 15-pound bag

Exp 03/03/22/05/L2
Exp 03/03/22/05/L3
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Nestlé
Nestlé Prepared Foods is recalling more than 762,000 pounds of pepperoni Hot Pockets, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service said.

The frozen stuffed sandwiches — shipped to retail stores nationwide — are being recalled because they “may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically pieces of glass and hard plastic,” the USDA said Friday.

The problem was discovered when the company received four consumer complaints of extraneous material in pepperoni Hot Pockets, the department said. The company has received one report of a “minor oral injury” associated with consumption of the product, the USDA said.

The recall is for 54-ounce packages containing 12 “Nestlé Hot Pockets Brand Sandwiches: Premium Pepperoni made with pork, chicken and beef pizza garlic buttery crust." Affected boxes have a “Best before Feb 2022" date and lot codes of 0318544624, 0319544614, 0320544614 and 0321544614, the department said.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dog food recall expands. Surprised it took this long.

Deadly Dog and Cat Food Recall Expands: More Brands, Over 1000 Lots
January 26, 2021 — The FDA is alerting consumers that Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc. is expanding its recent recall to include over 1000 lots of Sportmix and 2 other brands of dog and cat food because they contain potentially fatal levels of aflatoxin.

As of January 21, 2021, FDA is aware of more than 110 deaths and 210 illnesses in pets that have eaten the affected products.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Toro
Toro has recalled about 6,700 snowblowers that pose an amputation hazard when used.

According to the recall from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission the auger on Toro’s Power Max Snowthrowers can fail to disengage when the control lever is released, causing an amputation hazard.

The recall involves Model Year 2021 Toro Power Max 826 OHAE Snowthrowers with Model Number 37802. The model and serial number are located on the back of the machine.
To date, the company has received five reports of incidents related to auger failing to disengage when the control lever is released. No injuries have been reported.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

How is that an amputation hazard? Do users usually let go of the handle then walk around and stick their arm in a rotating auger?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:37 pm How is that an amputation hazard? Do users usually let go of the handle then walk around and stick their arm in a rotating auger?
I wouldn't rule it out. But more likely, if someone walks in front of it, you want to be able to stop the auger quickly.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

A snowblower pulling your arm off , as it wraps around the auger - sounds like the most horrible way to lose an arm (or leg, or foot)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Some folk just insist on weeding themselves out it seems.
stessier

Post by stessier »

It's possible for ice to stop the auger completely. A person then forgets to turn it off and walks to the front to de-ice the unit. When you are cold and tired, you're not always thinking your best. That's why the kill switch when you let go of the handles is so important.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:17 am Some folk just insist on weeding themselves out it seems.
That's a different category.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My dog was like that. He would try to smack or bite at whatever I was using..be it a mower or a weedeater. Had to move him away and leash him somewhere else then work there then move him back. The only one he never liked was the weedeater. He hated the air being blown at him. I can remember being very small..maybe 2-4 years old and being taught about mowers and to not put my hand under them. To this day I still have that fear in the back of my head when Im working on one or reaching under it to clear it even if it is clearly not running.

I did cut the tips of two fingers to the bone picking up and moving a girls car once but thats another story and besides I was never taught about that as a child. Then there was the slotter saw at work as a 17 year old that nipped a piece off....thing had some crazy high pressure metal pins that SMACKED down on the wood and held it in place while the saw cut it.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

As long as they don't recall Cheetos Extreme Jalapeno Scorching Toxic Blazing Flamethrower Snacks.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter