Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hepcat

Re: Random randomness

Post by hepcat »

Oof, I shouldn’t make light of that, sorry.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sounds like she drives the thing like my wife pushed shopping carts. I used to joke about her cart pushing a lot. I couldn't get her anywhere near a motorized chair at Walmart though. Maybe she knew what would happen. As a car driver though she was amazing.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Why is it so hard to find decent washcloths? There seems to be this obsession with 'soft' above all else, but the last set we bought was so soft that once they're wet, it's like trying to clean yourself off with a piece of oiled plastic wrap. Texture, dammit! I need enough texture to actually scrub. But if you get washcloths with texture, they tend to turn into sandpaper after the first laundry cycle. I actually have two washcloths that are perfect, both by either 'Mind Design' or 'Mind on Design', but I have no idea where they came from and can't find them anywhere, including online (only vague references to the company and a few used towel sets on ebay ( :? ).

Sigh.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:51 am Why is it so hard to find decent washcloths? There seems to be this obsession with 'soft' above all else, but the last set we bought was so soft that once they're wet, it's like trying to clean yourself off with a piece of oiled plastic wrap. Texture, dammit! I need enough texture to actually scrub. But if you get washcloths with texture, they tend to turn into sandpaper after the first laundry cycle. I actually have two washcloths that are perfect, both by either 'Mind Design' or 'Mind on Design', but I have no idea where they came from and can't find them anywhere, including online (only vague references to the company and a few used towel sets on ebay ( :? ).

Sigh.
I get this. I looked and looked for new washcloths just recently. I got one of those thicker fluffy ones like you mentioned and it really was just like that. A soppy slick thing that wouldn't wash for jack. Felt horrible. My old ones are thinner and smaller...more square than rectangle. Almost the size of a dish rag but not as rough or thin. I finally got something close to what I wanted but not 100% happy.

If I wanted to wash with a mini towel Id just cut up a towel.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I fixed those Flamin Hot Cheetos Mac&Cheese. Got out a nice bowl of them . Ate half at first. Not bad actually. Bit hot but not serious hot. I really dont like the runny blood red sauce in it though. I mean eww. Tossed some Franks Red Hot in the other half and finished it up. This required milk to wash it down with. Franks isn't all that hot alone but combined with the hotter mac&cheese it made some smoke. Still burning actually. The toilet shall pay the price of my incompetence tomorrow.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:48 pm Well I fixed those Flamin Hot Cheetos Mac&Cheese. Got out a nice bowl of them . Ate half at first. Not bad actually. Bit hot but not serious hot. I really dont like the runny blood red sauce in it though. I mean eww. Tossed some Franks Red Hot in the other half and finished it up. This required milk to wash it down with. Franks isn't all that hot alone but combined with the hotter mac&cheese it made some smoke. Still burning actually. The toilet shall pay the price of my incompetence tomorrow.
We need a dedicated thread for horror fiction.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:48 pm Well I fixed those Flamin Hot Cheetos Mac&Cheese. Got out a nice bowl of them . Ate half at first. Not bad actually. Bit hot but not serious hot. I really dont like the runny blood red sauce in it though. I mean eww. Tossed some Franks Red Hot in the other half and finished it up. This required milk to wash it down with. Franks isn't all that hot alone but combined with the hotter mac&cheese it made some smoke. Still burning actually. The toilet shall pay the price of my incompetence tomorrow.
Daehawk wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:25 am From some of the stuff you folks eat Id think you were pregnant.
:P

I see a lot of miles ahead for this reply.
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I've just started to look at the Oprah interview with Harry and Meghan and, yeah, maybe hereditary monarchies are bullshit institutions unworthy of modern democracies?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Why? Do they make you wear skirts below the knee?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:26 pm Why? Do they make you wear skirts below the knee?
Only Prince Charles.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Kind of like this summary:

dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Did you ever wonder how many people here are wesen?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

dbt1949 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:37 pm Did you ever wonder how many people here are wesen?
Does that refer to people of Wesley Crusher descent?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

wonderpug wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:00 am
dbt1949 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:37 pm Did you ever wonder how many people here are wesen?
Does that refer to people of Wesley Crusher descent?
No I think its the oil family.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Do I sound like a horrible human being if I say I'd really like to hear both sides of the story?
He won. Period.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Kraken wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:07 pm
hitbyambulance wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:56 pm for me, as a household of one, getting a full dishwasher usually takes about two weeks... so i go the handwashing route.
I used to run the dishwasher once every 6-7 days, until the pandemic. Now that Wife's always home and we eat all of our meals here, the dishwasher fills up every 3-4 days. I hand-wash pots and pans and plastic containers daily.
I run the dishwasher daily (twice yesterday) and also do a sink full of dishes at night for the handwashables and things that don't fit. Lousy family of five that eats all meals at home. . . .
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:20 am
hitbyambulance wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:56 pm for me, as a household of one, getting a full dishwasher usually takes about two weeks... so i go the handwashing route.
I used to run the dishwasher once every 6-7 days, until the pandemic. Now that Wife's always home and we eat all of our meals here, the dishwasher fills up every 3-4 days. I hand-wash pots and pans and plastic containers daily.
I run the dishwasher daily (twice yesterday) and also do a sink full of dishes at night for the handwashables and things that don't fit. Lousy family of five that eats all meals at home. . . .
Same. Now that we have weaned the kids off the plastic Ikea dishes (that we hand-washed), we're running the dishwasher once a day. The amount of cups they can go through in a single day is mind-boggling. All three of them get a new cup for ice, for juice, for milk, and every time they get water...even though they all have their own water bottles. Drives me nuts.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Daily here as well, and rarely, 2x/day
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:44 pm
Same. Now that we have weaned the kids off the plastic Ikea dishes (that we hand-washed), we're running the dishwasher once a day. The amount of cups they can go through in a single day is mind-boggling. All three of them get a new cup for ice, for juice, for milk, and every time they get water...even though they all have their own water bottles. Drives me nuts.
Heh. I'm trying to train Wife to use one of her dozen or so water bottles instead of grabbing a new glass every time she pours another soda. It is not going well. She doesn't respond to the sight of a rolled-up newspaper as well as she used to.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

if you're unable to train them out of this habit, perhaps they could handwash them after each use. it's super fast (since cups don't tend to get very dirty) and frees up space in the dishwasher.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:45 pm
Heh. I'm trying to train Wife to use one of her dozen or so water bottles instead of grabbing a new glass every time she pours another soda. It is not going well. She doesn't respond to the sight of a rolled-up newspaper as well as she used to.
I used to do bottled this and bottled that and then I just started keeping rotating re-filled gallons of water. At first I did it because of the recycling I feared was never making it through a real recycling process and then because it saves me about $10 a month and takes up less room. Then I used to getting a new water glass every day. Now, the habit is broken and I use the same water glass and just rinse the same coffee cup until I run the dish water.

Depending what I am doing, I tend to run the dishwasher about once a week. I rinse and reuse pans quite a bit or even leave them dirty and cook again depending on what I'm making. Before the pandemic, I had a lot of carry out and washed dishes rarely and mostly because of I'd go through glasses and coffee cups. When you wake up one day realize you are the only one in the house and there need to use a clean glass simply because it sits without getting further soiled 12 hours instead one hour, much dish washing is saved.

If I kept milk and juice around the house, I gotta admit I also would not rinse to put in a different liquid (and definitely not rinse and reuse if left out over anything longer than the course of a meal)
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

The twins aren't big enough to get their own glasses, so they get a fresh milk glass with each meal and then they're stuck with their water bottles the rest of the day.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Holman

Post by Holman »

We have five people in the house and do a full washer load every night.

Our previous machine broke down, and Lowe's took forever getting a replacement to us. We spent three months washing everything by hand, and the bills show that this uses much more water than the machine does.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:51 am Why is it so hard to find decent washcloths? There seems to be this obsession with 'soft' above all else, but the last set we bought was so soft that once they're wet, it's like trying to clean yourself off with a piece of oiled plastic wrap. Texture, dammit! I need enough texture to actually scrub. But if you get washcloths with texture, they tend to turn into sandpaper after the first laundry cycle. I actually have two washcloths that are perfect, both by either 'Mind Design' or 'Mind on Design', but I have no idea where they came from and can't find them anywhere, including online (only vague references to the company and a few used towel sets on ebay ( :? ).

Sigh.
Try some with bamboo threads as well. Those have worked out pretty well here.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

21 things you should never put in the dishwasher

unfortunately, this makes up half my kitchen utensils :/
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Piers Morgan yet again attacks Meghan Markle...41,000 complaints later plus his co hosts own cutdown and Piers storms out and quits.

Piers Morgan leaving 'Good Morning Britain' after storming off set over his attacks on Meghan
UK media regulator Ofcom said it had received over 41,000 complaints about the program as of Tuesday afternoon. "We have launched an investigation into Monday's episode of Good Morning Britain under our harm and offence rules," it said in a statement on Twitter.
On Tuesday, Morgan faced criticism from his own colleague.
"I understand that you [Morgan] don't like Meghan Markle, you've made it so clear a number of times on this program," said "Good Morning Britain" co-host Alex Beresford. "And I understand that you've got a personal relationship with Meghan Markle, or had one and she cut you off," he added.
"Has she said anything about you since she cut you off? I don't think she has, but yet you continue to trash her," Beresford said.

At that point, Morgan got up and, while walking off the set, said, "Okay, I'm done with this, sorry, no, sorry... see you later, sorry, can't do this."
Last edited by Daehawk on Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:51 pm Piers Morgan yet again attacks Megan Markle...41,000 complaints later plus his co hosts own cutdown and Piers storms out and quits.

Piers Morgan leaving 'Good Morning Britain' after storming off set over his attacks on Meghan
UK media regulator Ofcom said it had received over 41,000 complaints about the program as of Tuesday afternoon. "We have launched an investigation into Monday's episode of Good Morning Britain under our harm and offence rules," it said in a statement on Twitter.
On Tuesday, Morgan faced criticism from his own colleague.
"I understand that you [Morgan] don't like Meghan Markle, you've made it so clear a number of times on this program," said "Good Morning Britain" co-host Alex Beresford. "And I understand that you've got a personal relationship with Meghan Markle, or had one and she cut you off," he added.
"Has she said anything about you since she cut you off? I don't think she has, but yet you continue to trash her," Beresford said.

At that point, Morgan got up and, while walking off the set, said, "Okay, I'm done with this, sorry, no, sorry... see you later, sorry, can't do this."
lol. what is that snowflake's problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I saw someone tweet that Meghan Markle has in one week conquered the Windsors, the Daily Mail, and Piers Morgan, making her the most triumphant British Royal since William of Normandy.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

For International Womens Day today Burger King tweeted "Women belong in the kitchen" for which they promptly got flamed hehe. People ignored the instant follow up tweet about women only make up 20% of chefs in the world and BK was trying to change that with scholarships and such lol. Such bad tatse though. SO MUCH double entendre in this story!!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

This year for Parent Teacher conferences my district is doing them through zoom (duh) and having parents sign up ahead of time for 10 minute slots. I had 2 open slots on tonight's agenda then the last three slots of the night were full. Those three slots are for students that all have 100% in the course. Not that I mind spending a few minutes telling parents how great their kids are but I really would have liked to end my night 50 minutes earlier. Also, the fact that the second of the final three is currently almost 5 minutes into their 10 without showing up.......sigh.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

A poker friend who's also an experienced teacher hopes that Zoom conferences are one of the upsides to the profession after The End of Times. He had similar stories about students with high-A's and scheduled conferences at the end of the evening, but it also coincided with one of our regular online poker nights, so he just sat out a few of the levels when folks bothered with showing up.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Holman

Post by Holman »

Remus West wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:34 pm This year for Parent Teacher conferences my district is doing them through zoom (duh) and having parents sign up ahead of time for 10 minute slots. I had 2 open slots on tonight's agenda then the last three slots of the night were full. Those three slots are for students that all have 100% in the course. Not that I mind spending a few minutes telling parents how great their kids are but I really would have liked to end my night 50 minutes earlier. Also, the fact that the second of the final three is currently almost 5 minutes into their 10 without showing up.......sigh.
In my experience, conferences always run longer than 10 minutes: problem students need more time, while solid students' parents enjoy the positive feedback and want to keep talking. Your only hope is that no-shows provide a buffer.

Zoom would supply an upside if the schedule cut-off could be automated...
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

When we switched on virtual conferences we found that the average time went down. The parents of good students hung around to talk in person but online they tended to find that less appealing and logged out after a quick thank you. Of course there is a weird dynamic here that the parents of poor students rarely sign up (in person or online).
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

As a parent of good students, I find this insight oddly uncomfortable.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hitbyambulance wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:55 pm 21 things you should never put in the dishwasher

unfortunately, this makes up half my kitchen utensils :/
Says nothing about underwear, so I'm good.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Gah Im having to answer the phone today because Im expecting a call from the local services department. First was my doc telling me my cholesterol sucked...big news. Then Spectrum got me. Sounded like a 20 year old indian girl. At least she was pushy. Just reading a script. I got off that call pretty quick. Still waiting on the real call. I expect a scammer to call any time.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Doc called. Got my blood work back. Cholesterol SUCKS. Expected that. Always has and I didn't take my meds last year at all. Im trying to remember this year but its sporadic. They didn't test my thyroid which I was curious about. Asked if I felt well because my blood work showed something she said indicated I was fighting a virus. My temp that day was 99.3. I feel fine. Ive checked my temp off and on since that day and its been normal or low. So dont know whats going on there.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Madmarcus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:13 pm When we switched on virtual conferences we found that the average time went down. The parents of good students hung around to talk in person but online they tended to find that less appealing and logged out after a quick thank you. Of course there is a weird dynamic here that the parents of poor students rarely sign up (in person or online).
This holds true for me. I had the parent of a kid who has literally done nothing since semester break not show up for conferences last week even though they had signed up. Then email and want me to call them. Uh, no, that is why we scheduled the conference. I'm not adding a personal call to you at the end of a 14 hour day, thanks though. I have been in contact with them now but it was very frustrating.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:14 pmDoc called. Got my blood work back. Cholesterol SUCKS. Expected that.
Honestly, we all expected that. The things you post that you eat...

"Today I had some deep-fried pork-stuffed macaroni rolled in powdered hot sauce. YUM-EE!" :P

Take care of yourself, man.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

His body might also just make more cholesterol than he needs; that's totally a thing and not at all related to diet. Take those meds, my dude.
Maybe next year, maybe no go