[Star Wars] Original Trilogy on DVD this fall...

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Sudy

Re: [Star Wars] Original Trilogy on DVD this fall...

Post by Sudy »

Damn it, digging this thread up was a tease. 8-)

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sudy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:14 pm Damn it, digging this thread up was a tease. 8-)
Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Lol!

I guess "DVD" in the subject should have clued me in. I haven't bought physical media for a few years. Even then, it was only blu-rays of my favourite movies when I found them for cheap at thrift shops. We don't even own a blu-ray player. :lol: I guess I do have a blu-ray drive in my "new" rig from a couple years ago, but I've only used it once! And it was for a CD-ROM game from 20 years ago. :lol:

I feel like DVD is still just what we call movies on physical media, in the same way the metonym used to be "videos".
Last edited by Sudy on Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have maybe 10 DVDs. Babylon 5, LotR trilogy, Ricky Bobby..stuff like that. Never watched any of them. Wife has maybe 30 she watched when she was alive. They are all still here on the table. Most were gotten at the pawn shop for like $5 for 3 or something. Army Wives series, Waltons, lots of tv movies. She loved hers and watched them many times. In fact I removed her Marie:A True Story from the Xbox last year and put it back in its case.

Thats all I got on DVDs...well other than a bunch of PC games :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

AWS260 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:37 pm This seems like the most recent thread about the original trilogy, so I'll resurrect it to share that my son has finally watched A New Hope for the first time. He is 11.

We have been trying to make this moment happen for the better part of a decade, without strapping him to a chair Clockwork Orange-style. Finally.

(He liked it.)
After she watched Rogue One and enjoyed it a few years ago, I sat down with my oldest and watched all of the Star Wars movies. It was very interesting watching it through her eyes. "She's so pretty" when Leia was on screen; she was crushing a little bit on Han; she loved the Ewoks; and liked Jar Jar. We flew into Orlando the night that Rise of Skywalker was released, and after checking into the hotel, I surprised her by taking her to Disney Springs to watch it in 3D while her mom and our youngest did some shopping. Then it was on to Disney where we got to visit Galaxy's Edge. She got to talk to Rey for a couple of minutes. We both bought lightsabers. We rode Rise of the Resistance twice and Millenium Falcon several times. It was a great trip. When I was blessed with 2 daughters, I didn't expect to end up with a Star Wars (& Marvel) fan.
Enlarge Image Enlarge Image Enlarge Image Enlarge Image
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Did you do the build your own lightsaber? That is the one thing I regret not doing when I was there 2 years ago.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

That lightsabre photo is pretty damn awesome.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

The build your own lightsaber is something like $200/person though, right?
Black Lives Matter.