Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk »

Me and dbt must be the only ones to see He Never Died. You'd think on a board as OO that many more would enjoy it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:59 pm Me and dbt must be the only ones to see He Never Died. You'd think on a board as OO that many more would enjoy it.
It was mentioned ages ago. I watched it specifically because it was mentioned on OO. Did you try actually searching?

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

There's a thread about it somewhere not too far back.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Since Im thinking of using facebook Marketplace to sell some stuff for some needed money I went into my wife's FB account to change the name and such to better reflect me in it. Im the one who made it and set it up and all the stuff. She just used it. But wow theres a lot to it and Ive not touched that side in a while. I cant even remember the password I was using.

Instead of messing something up Ive decided to make my own account. Can I use the same email though?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:53 pm Since Im thinking of using facebook Marketplace to sell some stuff for some needed money I went into my wife's FB account to change the name and such to better reflect me in it. Im the one who made it and set it up and all the stuff. She just used it. But wow theres a lot to it and Ive not touched that side in a while. I cant even remember the password I was using.

Instead of messing something up Ive decided to make my own account. Can I use the same email though?
No. As far as Facebook is concerned, an account and an individual are the same thing. You're not allowed to have a second account (since you're only one person), and it's a pain to change your name (since you're still the same person.) You're also not allowed to have any name but your own (a rule I break, as I have two accounts.)

Given that your email was recently compromised, you really should consider getting a new one, possibly a gmail account. You don't have to delete the old one, but start moving important things to the new one, and use it for a new FB account.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya I went in and changed all passwords for emails. I have my isp one, a yahoo one and a gmail one.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I use 2 factor for most of my logins.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Complete change of topic...

Back in 2005, they made an Initial D movie in Hong Kong, even though the manga and anime were actually set in Japan. But other than casting HK stars and speaking Cantonese, the movie was surprisingly faithful (including the Toyota Corolla / 86 Trueno)...

Except the driving.

At the time it looked okay, but looking back, the race they portrayed, 86 vs R32 (Skyline), the driving style was completely wrong. Skyline was an AWD car so it should be driving grip-style, zero-drift into the corners, while the 86, lacking the power and AWD to keep up in the straights, adopts drifting to maximize cornering speed. Yet in the first half of the race, the exact opposite happened. The R32 was drifting around the corners, while 86 was doing grip style driving.

The rest of the race isn't too bad.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I wonder how many people noticed that?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:59 pmMe and dbt must be the only ones to see He Never Died. You'd think on a board as OO that many more would enjoy it.
Didn't know there was a discussion about it. I watched this a long time ago, liked Henry Rollins in it, thought the premise was interesting. I liked it.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I used to be a big Aerosmith. Suddenly I have a hankering to go back to listen to old ballads like "You See Me Cryin" (probably my original favorite song by them) and "Seasons of Wither." I find this strange because their revival was largely founded in ballads like these and I just don't like any of them.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I used to be a big Aerosmith.
What does that look like?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

that game was so doofy. Aerosmith will inspire the armed rebellion against the new world order!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:08 pm I used to be a big Aerosmith. Suddenly I have a hankering to go back to listen to old ballads like "You See Me Cryin" (probably my original favorite song by them) and "Seasons of Wither." I find this strange because their revival was largely founded in ballads like these and I just don't like any of them.
Drugs. The answer is drugs. He wrote Seasons of Wither (one of their best songs ever written, imho) while he was high as a kite. I'm happy they're alive and sober, but their entire drugged-out library from the 70s is heads and shoulders above anything after 1985.

Are you secretly RM9? We're having a very similar discussion about this very things IRL today.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:24 pm
LordMortis wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:08 pm I used to be a big Aerosmith. Suddenly I have a hankering to go back to listen to old ballads like "You See Me Cryin" (probably my original favorite song by them) and "Seasons of Wither." I find this strange because their revival was largely founded in ballads like these and I just don't like any of them.
Drugs. The answer is drugs. He wrote Seasons of Wither (one of their best songs ever written, imho) while he was high as a kite. I'm happy they're alive and sober, but their entire drugged-out library from the 70s is heads and shoulders above anything after 1985.

Are you secretly RM9? We're having a very similar discussion about this very things IRL today.
I think it was the combination of top 500 songs thread and autumn that set these songs in my head. Autumn always brings memories, and these are memory songs, and Aerosmith was my first ever favorite band ever. And yeah, "Seasons of Wither" is peak Aerosmith. The perfect fade from "Train Kept A Rollin". The thing is "You See Me Cryin" comes first because I owned Toys in the Attic well before Get Your Wings which I could never find in the stores. I think the purchase order went Greatest Hits, Toys in the Attic, Rocks, Aerosmith, Draw the Line, Night in the Ruts, Live Bootleg, Get Your Wings, Rock in a Hard Place. We don't talk about what happened later. I pretend I never made the next three purchases.

Aerosmith were also the first major concert I ever saw. They were doing Back in the Saddle right after Joe Perry and Steven Tyler made up (Before Done With Mirrors IIRC). They sounded like crap. Horrible. 14 year old me didn't care. I screamed until my throat bled and it was the day before I started High School. I was hoarse for three weeks so everyone I met thought that was my voice.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just started with Greatest Hits in the 80s and moved up from there. Guess the next was Permanent Vacation.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:13 pm
I used to be a big Aerosmith.
What does that look like?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My morning alarm on my tablet sounds very similar to the final Jeopardy theme music . But this morning as its playing instead of waking up I start dreaming its the final puzzle in Wheel of Fortune. ...and I wasn't getting it. Stressful :)
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

If some random person from Connecticut called at 3:45 this morning and woke you up, what's the most likely time to call them back to try and wake them up? Would that person be trying to sleep at noon from working third shift, or would they maybe be sleeping at 10:00pm?

Asking for a tired friend.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Paingod wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:17 am If some random person from Connecticut called at 3:45 this morning and woke you up, what's the most likely time to call them back to try and wake them up? Would that person be trying to sleep at noon from working third shift, or would they maybe be sleeping at 10:00pm?

Why not both? You never know. "Sorry is this a bad time... I'm sure it's a bad time... I shouldn't have called now... Terribly sorry.... I'll call back later.... Hopefully it won't be a bad time.... <click>"

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

TheMix wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:20 am
Paingod wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:17 am If some random person from Connecticut called at 3:45 this morning and woke you up, what's the most likely time to call them back to try and wake them up? Would that person be trying to sleep at noon from working third shift, or would they maybe be sleeping at 10:00pm?

Why not both? You never know. "Sorry is this a bad time... I'm sure it's a bad time... I shouldn't have called now... Terribly sorry.... I'll call back later.... Hopefully it won't be a bad time.... <click>"
Or block them and then call until they block you. signed Mr Passive Aggressive... Though I wouldn't actually do that, but I'd think about it.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Or just chalk it up to an error, block them, and let it go. Life is too short. Choose happiness.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

JZ this is for your wife's chair :)

Segway’s ‘Mecha Kit’ turns your transporter into a rolling turret

Theres a video there too.
Holman

Post by Holman »

FWIW, they were probably on the other side of the planet and not actually in Connecticut. You missed a very important notice about your extended warranty from Microsoft.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wish someone could hack those folks boss's info and when the scammer called you could buy everything he wants to sell ya using their boss's info.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Holman wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:04 am

FWIW, they were probably on the other side of the planet and not actually in Connecticut. You missed a very important notice about your extended warranty from Microsoft.
I was just about to say that. Where the call says it came from often has nothing to do with where the call came from. It likely came from somewhere on the other side of the globe where the caller had just gotten back from lunch. Calling them back would likely just be an attack on some poor guy who had his number spoofed.

I've gotten irate calls from people in the past after my number was spoofed by a marketer.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:02 am JZ this is for your wife's chair :)

Segway’s ‘Mecha Kit’ turns your transporter into a rolling turret

Theres a video there too.
:D
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Last night I dreamed I was in this big open city park in the middle of a big town. Wasn't my town or park but seemed to be Louisiana. Me and my two friends were standing talking and people watching when a blimp zoomed over. It wasn't a huge blimp like normal ones but small like a VW Beetle and really fast. Id seen it before in an earlier dream last night or in an earlier part of this one. It was white and yellow. Anyways it flew over then sharply turned and zoomed back over then made another really fast sharp turn and fell apart. It was as if it turned too fast for it. It fell to the ground in pieces and some bags fell where me and my friends were standing.

They were plastic shopping bags and said Walmart on them. Looking inside there were shopping items like towels and shirts and such. My friend Harry Styles..ya that one.....said it must have been a delivery drone and was lost as to why it was turning so much over the park. Our other friend said the address on the bags was a french street he knew so we all piled into Harry's car (right hand drive no less) and zoomed off to deliver the stuff ourselves.

Thats when my alarm woke me. I have no idea who would answer when we got there now.
Last edited by Daehawk on Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

The door would have shattered when you knocked on it, and the space beyond was the inside of your PC, but the drivers are old and you can’t get inside without a key, but the key is on the internet and you have no WiFi.

It’s better that you woke when you did.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Had a bunch of the neighbor kids over tonight, and they chose Iron Giant to watch.

“Superman” just happened, and now I’m sitting here with tears running down my face in front of 8 kids all wondering why.

Dammit. :cry:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It happens to all of us, trust me.
Covfefe!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:18 pm Had a bunch of the neighbor kids over tonight, and they chose Iron Giant to watch.

“Superman” just happened, and now I’m sitting here with tears running down my face in front of 8 kids all wondering why.

Dammit. :cry:
Made me cry as well.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

A bird flew into the back window of my garage sent glass flying 25 feet or more and then flew right out the front.

I cleaned it up put up thick plastic and duct tape from the inside. I have no idea how to replace a pane of glass. Critters love to attack my garage.

The fun never stops.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just measure it and get a replacement cut to fit then caulk it in.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

If you want some nightmares for Halloween then look up Tongue-Eating Louse.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

LordMortis wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:57 pm I have no idea how to replace a pane of glass.
A few weeks after we bought our house, I broke a pane of glass. Having never owned property before, I didn't know what to do, so I called my insurance company...because I didn't know how insurance worked, either. They politely explained what a deductible is. Being very broke because we'd just spent all of our money to buy a house, and having no idea what repairmen cost but knowing I couldn't afford one, I found illustrated instructions in a book...because there was no internet in 1989.

It turned out to be as easy as the book made it look. As Dae said, get a pane cut to size (just a smidge smaller than the frame), clean out the old putty, tap some metal points around the edges, seat the glass, then putty it up. Paint the putty if you want to be fancy.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

You didn't use superglue?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Salad yesterday, salad today, and blimey if it won't be salad again tomorrow.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

El Arroyo nailed it today:

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold