A Way Out

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

A Way Out

Post by coopasonic »

This has been mentioned in the odd thread, but hasn't had its own space. My son and I played it this weekend as a precursor to "It Takes Two" which is by the same dev. First I will say, I am glad we got to play it for free (it is on GamePass) it was only a 5-6 hour experience and that's mostly what it was, a storytelling experience. There is some adventure element, some stealth, some gunplay, some driving. Lots of little bits of different things There are a handful of binary choices in how to approach things, but generally it is a very simple game that almost boils down to a walking simulator.

Yes, it was short, but it was a meaningful and fun experience for us and the price was right. On to It Take Two.

For the record, we are about halfway through It Takes Two, which is quite a bit longer and much more involved. There have been a couple of callbacks to A Way Out which have been amusing, but otherwise there is no need to play this one first.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Re: A Way Out

Post by Rumpy »

I loved this game. It does some rather unique things for the co-op genre and love how it plays with the emotions during the final twist. I've been really hoping for some kind of followup. Two be honest, I'd call it more than a walking simulator and more of a two-player adventure game. Will have to check out It Takes Two.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

The older kiddo has been asking to play It Takes Two, will have to queue this one up first. Thanks for the heads-up.

Rumpy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:36 pm Two be honest...
:clap:
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Haha, I hadn't even noticed the typo. It wasn't intentional, but I guess it works... :lol:
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti