What games or series do you wish would get the Remaster/Remake treatment?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jeff V

Re: What games or series do you wish would get the Remaster/Remake treatment?

Post by Jeff V »

I remember the days when everyone's list started with Masters of Magic. I guess there's been too many Charlie Brown moments over the years where we've been promised something along it's lines only to have Lucy pull out and replace it with something vastly inferior.

These days it could be done as an extensible game much like Civ 6 or Gal Civ 3, new characters/races/features added over the span of years.
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Not a remake or Remaster, but rather a revisit. I think the Interstate IP could be revisited as an MMO. So much potential there. Create a large open-world similar to The Crew 2 and make it a massive car-combat game.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

As much as I loved Mail Order Monsters back in the day (and all those sweet, sweet Interplay game ... sleeves with their generally amazing art), I think this game would bore modern gamers to tears, due to the simplicity.

It wouldn’t be quite as bad as a remastered version of Defender of the Crown (been there, done that) but I have a feeling it would leave us thinking: “really? That’s all there ever was here?! But it was so FUN back in the day!”

:D and :(
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I would like a remake of Guardians: Agents of Justice, if for no other reason than that would mean I live in a timeline where Guardians: Agents of Justice was completed and released. :coffee:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:16 am As much as I loved Mail Order Monsters back in the day (and all those sweet, sweet Interplay game ... sleeves with their generally amazing art), I think this game would bore modern gamers to tears, due to the simplicity.

It wouldn’t be quite as bad as a remastered version of Defender of the Crown (been there, done that) but I have a feeling it would leave us thinking: “really? That’s all there ever was here?! But it was so FUN back in the day!”

The last time I played MOM I was probably 5 years old, but I do remember it pretty fondly. I'm sure there could be a remake that keeps the flavor of the game but modernizes it. Perhaps a Rocket League type game where you have a budget to add various traits to your monster in then compete in an arena either 1v1 or on teams. With loot boxes for other traits. Lots of loot boxes.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:07 am
Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:16 am As much as I loved Mail Order Monsters back in the day (and all those sweet, sweet Interplay game ... sleeves with their generally amazing art), I think this game would bore modern gamers to tears, due to the simplicity.

The last time I played MOM I was probably 5 years old, but I do remember it pretty fondly. I'm sure there could be a remake that keeps the flavor of the game but modernizes it. Perhaps a Rocket League type game where you have a budget to add various traits to your monster in then compete in an arena either 1v1 or on teams. With loot boxes for other traits. Lots of loot boxes.
I find that Deity Empires scratches that itch very well. Though I suppose an argument could be made that the graphics aren't much of a modernization. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.