The Medium

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kurth

The Medium

Post by Kurth »

Anyone playing this? I've been interested in this since it was first previewed in connection with the next gen console launches. Currently available on GamePass, and I'm tempted to jump in once I finish up AC Valhalla (which is taking me freaking forever). I had been excited to start Cyperpunk 2077 next, but given all the issues I'm seeing - even on next gen - I think I may be better off giving CDPR some time to roll out additional patches.

So . . . The Medium. Any impressions?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Isgrimnur

Re: The Medium

Post by Isgrimnur »

Unless there's a midget psychic running around, I'll pass.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I hadn't heard about it until today. For free I might give it a look (and finish it if it doesn't suck, reportedly fairly short at 8-10 hours). I am between games anyway.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:35 pm Unless there's a midget psychic running around, I'll pass.
Damn, my first thought as well :D
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:39 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:35 pm Unless there's a midget psychic running around, I'll pass.
Damn, my first thought as well :D
:handgestures-thumbup:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I played about 15 minutes and that may be the end of it for me. The movement is sluggish and kind of clunky and it doesn't want to work with my xbox controller that works with every other game. I'm curious where it is going story-wise but not sure I am curious enough to deal with the controls.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:12 pm I played about 15 minutes and that may be the end of it for me. The movement is sluggish and kind of clunky and it doesn't want to work with my xbox controller that works with every other game. I'm curious where it is going story-wise but not sure I am curious enough to deal with the controls.
Are you playing on PC?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Just finished this. I almost dropped it after 10 or 15 minutes for the reasons coop stated, but the story piqued my interest, so I stuck with it a little while longer, and 10 hours later, I just finished it up.

Awesome!

I’m sure it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but if you can stand the fixed camera and clunky movement, the game is a gem. Dark. Atmospheric. Great story. Excellent voice acting. It’s a horror game, but it’s more of a dark psychological thriller. No jump scares, but it definitely creeped me out at times.

Anyway, I hope some others give it a try, and I really hope the developer (Bloober) does a sequel.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Just got my Series X and as this is on game pass, but only for the Series X/S, I fired it up.

3 hours later in really loving it. It looks amazing and has incredible atmosphere and voice acting. The story is intriguing as well and I'm just really having fun with it.

Reminds me a bit of A Plague Tale in how well done it is.

Yeah, the fixed camera angles and movement is a bit funky, but they do add to the atmosphere.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Pyperkub wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:46 am Just got my Series X and as this is on game pass, but only for the Series X/S, I fired it up.

3 hours later in really loving it. It looks amazing and has incredible atmosphere and voice acting. The story is intriguing as well and I'm just really having fun with it.

Reminds me a bit of A Plague Tale in how well done it is.

Yeah, the fixed camera angles and movement is a bit funky, but they do add to the atmosphere.
Great comparison! I played Plague Tales after this, and Insee what you mean. Medium isn’t a real long game, but it makes every minute shine.